ChuckD
12-10-2010, 10:59 PM
:sleep:sleep:sleep
Idiots

12-10-2010, 11:02 PM
i agree with title. buy low, sell high.

Interrohater
12-10-2010, 11:08 PM
that's so stupid. players are not stocks. if a player is playing well, you keep him until he no longer fits with the system. it's ridiculous to use the 'buy low sell high' schtick when talking basketball.

Hoops Czar
12-10-2010, 11:10 PM
that's so stupid. players are not stocks. if a player is playing well, you keep him until he no longer fits with the system. it's ridiculous to use the 'buy low sell high' schtick when talking basketball.

Bipolar fans....

TE
12-10-2010, 11:11 PM
Blair is developing. We can't trade him.

peskypesky
12-10-2010, 11:12 PM
it's only his second season. and first season as a starter. after a rough start, he's making good on the promise of last season.

Danny.Zhu
12-10-2010, 11:13 PM
i agree with title. buy low, sell high.

Agree.

Nathan89
12-10-2010, 11:16 PM
Who do you have in mind?

12-10-2010, 11:22 PM
i don't really want to trade him. i'm just saying if a good deal becomes available, blair would make the excellent sweetener.

JsnSA
12-10-2010, 11:22 PM
It all depends on who you are going to get but seriously if you don't believe the player is a great fit then the best time to trade them is when they have a hot streak going. I'd love to trade Bonner for someone with balls when he gets going on one of his streaks again.

LeCrab
12-10-2010, 11:24 PM
i guess you fags didn't learn anything from the hornets trade .....

12-10-2010, 11:25 PM
i guess you fags didn't learn anything from the hornets trade .....
hornets trade was a salary dump.

stxspurs
12-10-2010, 11:56 PM
do u think we can trade him for Mahinmi.....i hear he is beasting?!?!?!?:rolleyes

DMC
12-11-2010, 12:29 AM

Not if you are Phoenix or Memphis.

ChuckD
12-28-2010, 10:52 PM
H'hmmmmmm.

lefty
12-28-2010, 10:53 PM
Epic fail is epic

Obstructed_View
12-28-2010, 10:53 PM
Well his short neck clearly makes him undersized to play long teams like the Lakers.

Sofaking
12-28-2010, 10:55 PM
Where's DMC and Cessation. They would surely agree lol

KaiRMD1
12-28-2010, 10:58 PM
If they trade Blair now then kiss the season goodbye. The chemistry will be destroyed

DMC
12-28-2010, 11:03 PM
Where's DMC and Cessation. They would surely agree lol

I like Blair. If he was consistent, we wouldn't be having this discussion. The Bucks beat the Lakers by 20 in LA, slow your roll.

I don't want Blair to be traded. I want him coming off the bench.

It's easy to cherry pick a game and pretend that's the norm, but the norm isn't that Blair gets a double double. The norm is that Blair turns the ball over and makes several bone headed plays. He made several bone headed plays tonight. His hustle overcomes most of those, but he needs to increase his BB IQ. That will add a dangerous dimension to his game, so that he can actually do something with those uncanny hands.

ashbeeigh
12-28-2010, 11:06 PM
Sequ?

DieHardSpursFan1537
12-28-2010, 11:10 PM
Well, he did a hell of a job tonight. No need to trade him away..............for now.

Sofaking
12-28-2010, 11:11 PM
I like Blair. If he was consistent, we wouldn't be having this discussion. The Bucks beat the Lakers by 20 in LA, slow your roll.

I don't want Blair to be traded. I want him coming off the bench.

It's easy to cherry pick a game and pretend that's the norm, but the norm isn't that Blair gets a double double. The norm is that Blair turns the ball over and makes several bone headed plays. He made several bone headed plays tonight. His hustle overcomes most of those, but he needs to increase his BB IQ. That will add a dangerous dimension to his game, so that he can actually do something with those uncanny hands.
Fair assessment and I agree somewhat but what has Splitter done so much better that you guys want him to start? I just witness a 6'5 center out-play two guys over 7 feet.....on both ends of the floor.

Cessation
12-28-2010, 11:18 PM
Great night by blair, if only he played like this every game. This should boost his numbers of 7pts and 6rbs as a starter this year.

Obstructed_View
12-28-2010, 11:21 PM
Fair assessment and I agree somewhat but what has Splitter done so much better that you guys want him to start? I just witness a 6'5 center out-play two guys over 7 feet.....on both ends of the floor.

Splitter's a better defender, a better shooter, a better post player, and played better than Blair did for the majority of the first several weeks of the season despite not getting consistent playing time and getting virtually zero minutes next to Tim Duncan. I honestly hope Blair has enough games like tonight to erase that reality from everyone's mind.

JsnSA
12-28-2010, 11:23 PM
Well, he did a hell of a job tonight. No need to trade him away..............for now.

Not that I propose trading Blair, but as has been mentioned earlier the best time to trade a player is after he has played well...not when he has been sucking. I admit as much as I like Blair I suppose I would be open to trading him for the right player. Its clear his lack of size will sometimes limit him against bigger lineups despite how well he played tonight. Likewise, I expect that he will have a short than average career due to his missing ACLs despite the fact that this does not pose a problem now.

That being said I doubt we would get anyone his equal in a straight up trade. We would end up having to packaging a few players and I would hesitate to give up players that know our system considering how difficult it seems to get new players comfortable with it.

If we are going to win another championship within the next few years this is the year we do it. Unless we can manage an absolute steal with a trade I would not mess with that this year.

itzsoweezee
12-28-2010, 11:25 PM
Splitter's a better defender, a better shooter, a better post player, and played better than Blair did for the majority of the first several weeks of the season despite not getting consistent playing time and getting virtually zero minutes next to Tim Duncan. I honestly hope Blair has enough games like tonight to erase that reality from everyone's mind.

Lol, that is some of the most irrational hate i've seen on these boards. Blair's play erased any iota that Splitter is a better option right now.

Splitter is out of his league right now. Maybe a few months down the road he can get some consistent playing time. But Blair is clearly the better option to any rational person.

Sofaking
12-28-2010, 11:28 PM
I'll give you a better defender. Everything else is debatable. Better Shooter? Have you seen Splitter make a jumper in the NBA? Post player? Blair has some nifty moves to be so short and good footwork. Tiago is a better pick and roll player. So far from what I've seen(again...in the NBA) he hasnt been able to properly execute his post game. I guess that will come in time. I've seen 85% of Spurs games this season and that's a cot damn lie that Spitter played better in the first weeks unless you meant the first 2 weeks. From then on, Blair has been the better player overall.

Sofaking
12-28-2010, 11:29 PM
Lol, that is some of the most irrational hate i've seen on these boards. Blair's play erased any iota that Splitter is a better option right now.

Splitter is out of his league right now. Maybe a few months down the road he can get some consistent playing time. But Blair is clearly the better option to any rational person.
I agree. I know it must of been killing them to see him play well.

Obstructed_View
12-28-2010, 11:33 PM

You asked why people want him to start. I stated why some folks think he should. Since I've defended keeping Blair in the starting lineup while he struggled, your'e going to have a really hard time making a case for irrational hate. If you don't want an answer, don't ask the question.

Splitter's getting the same shitty treatment now that Blair got last year. Neither one deserved it. Defending either one just makes you look stupid.

Blair is finally starting to play well now, and had a very good game, but let's not pretend he's done this all season long, especially during November.

Obstructed_View
12-28-2010, 11:36 PM
I'll give you a better defender. Everything else is debatable. Better Shooter? Have you seen Splitter make a jumper in the NBA? Post player? Blair has some nifty moves to be so short and good footwork. Tiago is a better pick and roll player. So far from what I've seen(again...in the NBA) he hasnt been able to properly execute his post game. I guess that will come in time. I've seen 85% of Spurs games this season and that's a cot damn lie that Spitter played better in the first weeks unless you meant the first 2 weeks. From then on, Blair has been the better player overall.

Neither one of them is winning the three point contest any time soon, but Splitter's a better shooter. Blair is enormously crafty around the basket, and he's really starting to show it more as his game's coming to him. He's not the solid post player that Splitter is. I would say that you're underrating Blair as a pick and roll guy. Both are good, and can move without the ball and have good hands near the basket.

Obstructed_View
12-28-2010, 11:37 PM
I agree. I know it must of been killing them to see him play well.

Are you suggesting that Spurs fans are rooting for Blair to play poorly? :lol

Sofaking
12-28-2010, 11:39 PM
I've seen posters downplay his better games this season. Dejuan could be having a good game, score a bucket and it doesnt get comment on in the game thread. The moment he fouls or misses a rotation, 4-5 comments on it. A lot of nit picking and bitching really.

Obstructed_View
12-28-2010, 11:47 PM
I've seen posters downplay his better games this season. Dejuan could be having a good game, score a bucket and it doesnt get comment on in the game thread. The moment he fouls or misses a rotation, 4-5 comments on it. A lot of nit picking and bitching really.

Then you should probably call those people out instead of dogpiling on a reply to one of my posts, because I don't do that.

DMC
12-28-2010, 11:54 PM
Starting Splitter allows Blair to come off the bench. It keeps Blair out of early foul trouble, and puts great hands and great offensive rebounding against the opposition's second team. As a starter, Blair is facing giants every game, and he's useless as a low post scorer. He's not even a good low post defender against other team's starting centers. He would be against their backups however.

Tiago can at least contest shots from those bigs, and he would get to play with Tim Duncan and learn some things.

Like it or not, we need Splitter to be up to speed. We cannot win in the playoffs without a good big in the starting role. With the Spurs, it's always been the bench that comes in and stretches the lead. Blair would really add to that punch with his great one handed rebound and outlet in one move to Hill or Neal, or later even Anderson on the break.

DMC
12-28-2010, 11:56 PM

That's called "something to prove". New players don't get instant respect because they had good seasons off the bench last year. Blair's play has been suspect all year. No Spur fan wants Blair to fail. We all want him to be the end all in power players. He's not. You need to accept that or just wave his banner and move on.

DMC
12-28-2010, 11:58 PM

That's a fucked up way to argue. Anyone who doesn't agree with you is irrational. That really puts you on the "doesnt' fucking matter" list for debates.

itzsoweezee
12-29-2010, 12:01 AM
That's a fucked up way to argue. Anyone who doesn't agree with you is irrational. That really puts you on the "doesnt' fucking matter" list for debates.

I could post up stats too, but, according to you, objective analysis is worthless as well.

jjktkk
12-29-2010, 12:01 AM

Some on here are clamoring for Splitter to start and say Blair needs to come off the bench, etc.... They forget that Blair is only in his 2nd year and still needs time to develop. IMO, its not going to be easy to develop Blair and Splitter, although Pop does seem to be giving Splitter a bit more playing time. My hope is that Blair continues to improve and for Splitter's minutes to increase enough where he is in the rotation come playoff time.

TampaDude
12-29-2010, 12:08 AM
NFW Blair will get a dub-dub against the Lakers...oh, wait...

DMC
12-29-2010, 12:11 AM
I could post up stats too, but, according to you, objective analysis is worthless as well.
When you call someone irrational because they do not see it your way, you have already put yourself into an irrational position. Any further debate with you then becomes trying to convince you that I am rational, not that I am right.

Too much energy for no reason. Think what you want.

Cessation
12-29-2010, 12:11 AM
Blair homers are out of control!!

DMC
12-29-2010, 12:12 AM
Some on here are clamoring for Splitter to start and say Blair needs to come off the bench, etc.... They forget that Blair is only in his 2nd year and still needs time to develop. IMO, its not going to be easy to develop Blair and Splitter, although Pop does seem to be giving Splitter a bit more playing time. My hope is that Blair continues to improve and for Splitter's minutes to increase enough where he is in the rotation come playoff time.
We aren't saying he needs to come off the bench forever. We are saying it for this year. This year... that's the point. What he does next year isn't important right now. We can discuss that then.

Agloco
12-29-2010, 12:36 AM
Blair homers are out of control!!

17 and 15 against the best and biggest frontline in the NBA tends to do that. You feel this is unwarranted?

Agloco
12-29-2010, 12:39 AM
IMO the only way to develop Splitter and Blair at the same time is to do what we did tonight:

McDyess - DNP

What a luxury to have no? A vet PF who can mix it up with LA if really needed, and he doesn't even play. Man this team is way stacked.

jjktkk
12-29-2010, 12:43 AM
We aren't saying he needs to come off the bench forever. We are saying it for this year. This year... that's the point. What he does next year isn't important right now. We can discuss that then.

Personally I don't care if Blair starts or not. IMO, it seems Pop is starting Blair to instill confidence in him, not necessarily because Blair is the best option.. I actually think Dyess should start. But considering the Spurs have 5bigmen, with 2 (Blair, and Splitter) still raw, and needing more playing time, etc..., Pop is gonna have to do a hell of a juggling act as far as distributing minutes.

jjktkk
12-29-2010, 12:46 AM
IMO the only way to develop Splitter and Blair at the same time is to do what we did tonight:

McDyess - DNP

What a luxury to have no? A vet PF who can mix it up with LA if really needed, and he doesn't even play. Man this team is way stacked.

+1. Was pleasantly surprised to see Splitter out there early in the game. He was schooled alittle by Gasol, but it was a good learning opportunity for Splitter, going up against the Lakers frontiline.