PDA

View Full Version : are the CHeat back on track?

Ghazi
12-11-2010, 12:56 AM
7 game win streak, impressive MoV

I think the Heat are good, but Celtics/Mavs will be an epic Finals.

jARS mEsH sEt
12-11-2010, 01:13 AM
Yeah beating washington, detroit, cavs, milwaukee, a stephen curry-less GSW, a joe johnson-less Hawks, and Utah (the only good win) is a REALLY great accomplishment.

Say hello to your November 29 - December 8 champions - the Miami Heat.

HarlemHeat37
12-11-2010, 01:18 AM
They still have to go through some tests, obviously, but they're missing their 4th and 5th best players..they won't be peaking until April..the league just gave them a Player Exception for Haslem missing time, so maybe they will be able to do something with that(in a package)..

The Celtics are already battling a bunch of minor injuries that will probably linger all season, it's only going to get worse IMO, but obviously they're the favorites right now..they're the only legitimate threat in the East vs. Miami..Orlando is done, and Chicago's SG situation is a massive liability..

Flo-Rida
12-11-2010, 01:24 AM
6n7LWlLOrNk

HarlemHeat37
12-11-2010, 01:32 AM
Right now, I'd say:

Level 1: Spurs, Mavs, Celtics..
Level 2: Heat, Lakers, Magic, Jazz, Bulls, Thunder..

LnGrrrR
12-11-2010, 01:51 AM
They will get it together eventually; Wade and Lebron are too dominant not to. It's crunch time in a big game that makes me wonder who will get the ball.

rayjayjohnson
12-11-2010, 02:43 AM
I think the Heat are good, but Celtics/Mavs will never happen

ftfy

crc21209
12-11-2010, 02:57 AM
I think they've turned it around a bit. Like Harlem said they're actually running plays now and the thing I noticed is that as soon as they grab the ball off a rebound they're off on and running, which makes them unstoppable and what they should be doing all the time....

Roger Freemason Jr.
12-11-2010, 04:53 AM
The Mavs & The Celtics sounds like a series I just wouldn't be interested in watching, not that it wouldn't be entertaining, or that both teams aren't great.

It would be awesome to see The Spurs & The Magic in the finals, or The Spurs & The Bulls. I know what you're saying "Bulls in the finals and not the Celtics?!" but it's not that unlikely, once Boozer fully understands the Bulls system, him and Rose will be a very dangerous combo.

KapitanTutan
12-11-2010, 05:15 AM
you wish they aren't fag

Basketballgirl25
12-11-2010, 07:57 AM
Mavs and Celtics finals, haha talk about boring. How about Thunder and Heat that'd be better, though I think all this won't happen and it will be Lakers and Celtics

Nahtanoj
12-11-2010, 08:51 AM
lol mavs celtics finals.

Ace
12-11-2010, 11:10 AM
Lol Mavs in the finals

TheRealCB
12-11-2010, 11:33 AM
lol heat in the playoffs

Pelicans78
12-11-2010, 11:44 AM
Cuban says the Heat are the best so I'm gonna agree with him.

LeHeat_Dynasty
12-11-2010, 12:09 PM
Stupid thread TBH with you. The Heat were never on track to begin with.:sleep

HarlemHeat37
12-11-2010, 01:50 PM
OK Harlem let me get this straight, since the Heat are battling injuries, they're going to peak in April when they get Haslem and Miller back healthy, but somehow Boston is only going to get worse when they get guys like Delonte and Perkins back? I'd love to hear how that works :lmao

Boston is the oldest team in the NBA, and they're coming off 3 consecutive deep playoff runs..both of those factors play a significant part in potential injuries to a team..it would be a miracle if they stayed healthy IMO..

mindcrime
12-11-2010, 02:04 PM
Boston is the oldest team in the NBA, and they're coming off 3 consecutive deep playoff runs..both of those factors play a significant part in potential injuries to a team..it would be a miracle if they stayed healthy IMO..

However if they are healthy come playoffs they will sweep the heat.

hitmanyr2k
12-11-2010, 06:59 PM
I think they've turned it around a bit. Like Harlem said they're actually running plays now and the thing I noticed is that as soon as they grab the ball off a rebound they're off on and running, which makes them unstoppable and what they should be doing all the time....

This is where they're really hurting teams. Miami is definitely running more and once they gain more chemistry in the open floor they'll be deadly but in half court sets they're still a bit shaky. By the time the playoffs roll around they should have everything straightened out by then. They better because we all know the tempo of the game slows down in the postseason and the better teams know how to execute in the half court.

Jacob1983
12-11-2010, 07:47 PM
Even with their current winning streak, the Heat will still go out in the first round of the playoffs.

Ace
12-11-2010, 07:48 PM
Even with their current winning streak, the Heat will still go out in the first round of the playoffs.
Mavs know all about that :tu

Jacob1983
12-11-2010, 08:25 PM
How many times have the Heat gotten out of the first round of the playoffs since 2006? The 2006-2007 Heat were probably one of the worst defending championship teams in NBA history.

DeadlyDynasty
12-11-2010, 08:27 PM
How many times have the Heat gotten out of the first round of the playoffs since 2006? The 2006-2007 Heat were probably one of the worst defending championship teams in NBA history.

tbh the Spurs had 4 cracks at it, and only made it as far as the WCF one year. As far as a one-year worst, w/o a doubt the 1999 Chicago Bulls.

KapitanTutan
12-11-2010, 08:30 PM

sounds like the mavericks

Ashy Larry
12-11-2010, 08:32 PM
Right now, I'd say:

Level 1: Spurs, Mavs, Celtics..
Level 2: Heat, Lakers, Magic, Jazz, Bulls, Thunder..

agree. Heat are starting to come around and its a good thing they're doing what the Lakers should be doing: beating the bad teams.

Ace
12-11-2010, 08:34 PM

Maybe your a little slow but if you haven't notice the talent around Wade is a little different. Heat will not face the same opponents in the first as they have years past, as seeding will be different. This isn't the Mavs, the regular season wonders.

Ghazi
12-11-2010, 08:36 PM
lol @ Ace w/ weak smack

HarlemHeat37
12-11-2010, 08:41 PM
:lol @ Ghazi being Ghazi..

frodo
12-11-2010, 09:02 PM
The problem with the Heat is not Lebron or Wade. They're clearly learning how to play with each other and w/ Chalmers stealing a lot of Arroyo's minutes those 3 form a very good perimeter defense. Two players that good were going to gel with each other at some point and figure it out, it would be dumb to think otherwise.
Chris Bosh is still the reason why the Heat have a very small chance at getting by Boston. So far in two games against them, Bosh has looked scared and freaked out going up against KG and has tucked his tail in between his legs in the spotlight. That's not gonna change in the ECF when there's even more pressure on him. He's also not the interior defensive anchor nor the interior scorer the Heat need him to be. When a great defensive team like Boston is forcing Lebron and Wade to shoot jumpers, Bosh isn't a guy who's going to get a high percentage shot. He's gonna settle for jumpers just like Lebron and Wade will. On defense, when they need a help defender to deal with Rondo's penetration, does anyone really expect Bosh to be the help defender that Pau Gasol was for LA?
they will never manage to dissolve two ball-hoggers into the same squad imho. they looking good right now (with 7 straight wins) and it looks like they are back on track, but it'll happen sooner or later they get off the track and play like shit again. Lebron and Wade are playing the game they are used to and neither is going to make a change.

lack of confidence is the main cumber for bosh right now imho. dude used to be a #1 too but he's now completely overshadowed by lebron and wade. its now scantly seen bosh creating his own shots or striking aggressively, things he used to do a lot when he was a raptor. bosh is a complete #3 now, instead of one of their super trio as was previously hyped.

Ghazi
12-11-2010, 09:07 PM
:lol @ Ghazi being Ghazi..

your boys a nit

Ace
12-11-2010, 09:11 PM
lol @ Ace w/ weak smack

Not smack talk

Basketballgirl25
12-12-2010, 10:22 AM
as much as I hate the Heat I think they are back on track. I think soon they will be having the best winning streak going