PDA

View Full Version : So, WTF was that all about yesterday?

Yonivore
12-11-2010, 07:54 AM
Bill's Back: Clinton commands stage at White House (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/At-Obamas-side-Clinton-backs-apf-4065249916.html?x=0&.v=1)

http://media.hotair.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/bc.jpg

Turns the podium over to Bill Clinton and just walks away...

:lmao

Fun to be had...

Iowahawk saw this coming on election day, 2008.

Obama Names Bill Clinton to Presidential Post (http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk/2008/11/obama-names-bill-clinton-to-president-post.html)

WASHINGTON DC - Ending weeks of speculation and rumors, President-Elect Barack Obama today named Bill Clinton to join his incoming administration as President of the United States, where he will head the federal government's executive branch.

Even conservatives support the move...

From the hyper-partisans at Hot Air:

Great news: Bill Clinton apparently now president again (http://hotair.com/archives/2010/12/10/great-news-bill-clinton-apparently-now-president-again/)

The depressing truth: Given the alternative, it really would be great news.

I can’t do justice to what you’re about to see. The spectacle of the president bugging out of his own press conference to go to a Christmas party is weird enough, but having Clinton back at the White House podium fielding questions on the hottest domestic issue of the day shoots past deja vu and lands firmly in “am I hallucinating?” territory.

To the more 'reserved' at Ed Driscoll:

‘Something Very, Very Weird is Going on in Washington’ (http://pajamasmedia.com/eddriscoll/2010/12/10/something-very-very-weird-is-going-on-in-washington/)

Seriously, WTF?

Yonivore
12-11-2010, 08:51 AM

XDM0-nRlYKc

Crookshanks
12-11-2010, 09:56 AM
This just shows that Obummer is incapable of handling the job of President, and he'd rather go to a party than handle the tough stuff. Clinton was more than happy to fill in - and I bet there were plenty of libs who loved the sight of slick Willy behind that podium. What a joke Obama is!

Das Texan
12-11-2010, 10:42 AM
It was like Bill was home again yesterday.

Yonivore
12-11-2010, 11:24 AM
I think the Drudge Report captured the moment best...

http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/clinton-ditched.jpg

CosmicCowboy
12-11-2010, 11:41 AM
"I've got a party to go to..."

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Wild Cobra
12-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Do you think Obama is smart enough to know he is the worse, or second worse president in at least the last 100 years?

Yonivore
12-11-2010, 11:47 AM
I waiting for a plausible explanation from an Obamaton that puts this event in any context other than what it appeared.

Maybe they can't.

CosmicCowboy
12-11-2010, 11:49 AM
Do you think Obama is smart enough to know he is the worse, or second worse president in at least the last 100 years?

Naaa

He's like a lotto winner bingeing on the good life and living large. The plane, The big house, the staff, the attention, the parties, all the new "friends"...Actually performing the job of President is too much like real work.

Yonivore
12-11-2010, 11:56 AM
Can't wait to see SNL tonight.

I'm reminded of the Will Ferrell skit where he played George W. shortly after taking office and declared, "Being President is hard!"

Maybe they can get that guy that impersonates Obama to do something similar.

That stuff with the Chinese premier and Obama, where he complains about Obama wanting to "do sex with him," has been funny but, it's getting stale.

The Reckoning
12-11-2010, 11:57 AM
hands down Clinton is the greatest politician in american history

Yonivore
12-11-2010, 12:00 PM
He's definitely up there. But, Ronald Reagan was he equal, politically, and kicked his ass presidentially.

CosmicCowboy
12-11-2010, 12:02 PM
Can't Clinton (Bill) run for President again after three terms? I think he could get elected.

Yonivore
12-11-2010, 12:03 PM
1980 Electoral Map

http://electoralmap.net/1980.png

1984 Electoral Map

http://electoralmap.net/1984.png

Now, THAT'S a fucking politician.

The Reckoning
12-11-2010, 12:04 PM
Can't Clinton (Bill) run for President again after three terms? I think he could get elected.

that would piss hillary off to no end

CosmicCowboy
12-11-2010, 12:07 PM
that would piss hillary off to no end

It's not like he's tapping THAT fat ass.

He could make her VP.

Parker2112
12-11-2010, 12:16 PM
reagan/BUSH=bush=clinton=bush=obama/clinton. Revolving door of livestock for show.

The federal empire we see now was years in the making. All these mofos have ties to the CFR/TLC. They are just faces for you to drool over, while the real boss ($$$) runs shit from behind the curtain. They take their cut and your vote means fuck.

This OP supports that point. They will pull the old puppet back out if the new one didnt calm the sheep as expected.

This does show something else as well: "They" are getting scared.

Till then: all hail the royal class in America.:worthy:

Yonivore
12-11-2010, 12:19 PM
bush=clinton=bush=obama.

The federal empire we see now was years in the making. All these mofos have ties to the CFR/TLC. They are just faces for you to drool over, while the real boss runs shit from behind the curtain.

This OP supports that point. They will pull the old puppet back out if the new one didnt work out like they thought.

This does show something else as well: "They" are getting scared.
I don't recall; was this how you saw President Obama in November 2008?

Parker2112
12-11-2010, 12:22 PM
Obama was the proof in the pudding. You dont recall because I didnt post here then

Parker2112
12-11-2010, 12:23 PM
obama is the most visible puppet we have had, and proves that the policies are consistent no matter where the vote gets cast.

Parker2112
12-11-2010, 12:25 PM
this explains the phenomena of conservatives with liberal fiscal policies, this explains liberals with neocon tendencies, etc.

they are all going where the money is.

Glenn Holland
12-11-2010, 01:00 PM
poor grammar.

worst, not worse.

you are a shitty person, seemingly.

fraga
12-11-2010, 01:07 PM

http://www.smooth3d.com/xterra/assclown.jpg

Yonivore
12-11-2010, 01:17 PM
Comment of the day...Michael Goldfarb on Twitter:

"Finally, America has a black President again."

Nbadan
12-11-2010, 01:28 PM
Pfff....every election cycle wing-nuts still pull out Zombie Reagan on the campaign trail

http://www.zombiereagan.com/street/portrait.jpg

Yonivore
12-11-2010, 01:33 PM
Only in response to this, Dan:

He did say "...in american history."

ChumpDumper
12-11-2010, 04:01 PM
He's just trying to pass the tax bill yoni wants for people richer than himself.

Hell, he even used Biden.

It's probably a new triangulation.

DMX7
12-11-2010, 04:38 PM
Yoni is just thinking ahead.

He bought a couple of scratch off loto tickets this morning, so he'll be joining the upper tax bracket any day now.

Yonivore
12-11-2010, 04:41 PM
Yoni is just thinking ahead.

He bought a couple of scratch off loto tickets this morning, so he'll be joining the upper tax bracket any day now.
If you want more jobs, let the upper tax bracket keep more money. People making $60,000 a year don't hire people.

DMX7
12-11-2010, 04:43 PM
If you want more jobs, let the upper tax bracket keep more money. People making $60,000 a year don't hire people.

Trickle Down?

Have you not bee paying attention the last 8 or so years...

Yonivore
12-11-2010, 04:45 PM
People making $60,000 a year also don't buy yachts and other luxury items made by other people making $60,000 a year.

Yonivore
12-11-2010, 04:46 PM
Trickle Down?

What is the government going to do with the extra taxes? They've spent the past three years spreading it around -- mostly to the wealthy banks and corporations -- by the trillions.

Yeah, I trust the billionaire over the government.

DMX7
12-11-2010, 04:54 PM
If you want more jobs, let the upper tax bracket keep more money.

Is there any empircal evidence that lowering the upper tax bracket under Bush meaningfully increased how much the rich spent and thus stimulated the economy?

Do I need to remind you how the economy did under Clinton when the upper tax rate was higher?

What is the government going to do with the extra taxes?

Pay Debt?

ChumpDumper
12-11-2010, 05:36 PM
What did the rich do with all that money the past two years?

Make more jobs?

CosmicCowboy
12-11-2010, 05:43 PM
What did the rich do with all that money the past two years?

Make more jobs?

You forget.

It's jobs created or SAVED. Just like the stimulus, it can't be proven or dis-proven. We can claim whatever the fuck we want to LOL

Nbadan
12-11-2010, 05:50 PM
You forget.

It's jobs created or SAVED. Just like the stimulus, it can't be proven or dis-proven. We can claim whatever the fuck we want to LOL

BULLSHIT - The evidence speaks for itself...the Bush tax cuts failed to create the millions of jobs which were promised and added to the national debt..meanwhile .the stimulus created millions of new jobs..

spursncowboys
12-11-2010, 05:51 PM
Trickle Down?

which policy exactly are you crediting the trickle down to?

Cant_Be_Faded
12-11-2010, 06:22 PM
Awesome.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-11-2010, 06:26 PM
BTW one of the greatest things in American Political History is the shit that partisan right-wingers have to say about President Bill Clinton.

It's pure unadulterated gold. It's like when liberals slander US troops for fighting wars.

Wild Cobra
12-11-2010, 07:46 PM
Naaa

He's like a lotto winner bingeing on the good life and living large. The plane, The big house, the staff, the attention, the parties, all the new "friends"...Actually performing the job of President is too much like real work.
You're right.

I forgot, he was entitled to be president.

Creepn
12-11-2010, 08:52 PM
You do know the article you posted was satire right? Just making sure because the right can't seem to tell the difference sometimes.

George Gervin's Afro
12-11-2010, 09:50 PM
You do know the article you posted was satire right? Just making sure because the right can't seem to tell the difference sometimes.

why did you tell them? they were on a roll:lmao

PublicOption
12-11-2010, 11:11 PM
thats when you know both parties are just trying to rape the American public.....don't buy it.

SnakeBoy
12-12-2010, 01:30 AM
BULLSHIT - The evidence speaks for itself...the Bush tax cuts failed to create the millions of jobs which were promised and added to the national debt..meanwhile .the stimulus created millions of new jobs..

Bullshit - we were headed into a recession and then 9/11 happened on top of that. Unemployment would have risen to 17.6% without the Bush tax cuts. Bush saved all those jobs.

boutons_deux
12-12-2010, 02:09 AM
"Actually performing the job of President is too much like real work."

that's dubya.

I've never heard that Magic Negro is a fuckoff jerk.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-12-2010, 03:21 AM
Bill Clinton's involvement in liberal agenda = republicans scared shitless

can't wait to hear how hannity and piggy beck spin this one

Stringer_Bell
12-12-2010, 07:50 AM
He's definitely up there. But, Ronald Reagan was he equal, politically, and kicked his ass presidentially.

Now THAT's just fucking precious.

admiralsnackbar
12-12-2010, 09:45 AM
People making $60,000 a year also don't buy yachts and other luxury items made by other people making $60,000 a year.

And who makes those yachts in the modern era? Thanks to Clinton and Bush Sr., manufacturing in this country has been steadily farmed out to developing nations. Even if and when moneyed Americans invest in US corporations, said corporations invest in developing nations, meaning money continues to be culled from this country and sent abroad, or concentrated in the coffers of institutions without the practical capacity or interest to invest in strengthening their native consumer base, which in turn would invest in an infinitely more diversified range of local goods and services.

It's not all policy griping -- there's no question that the internet has helped to speed the toll of globalization on our country to present state by creating super-merchants like Amazon and Apple and obviating smaller outfits that can't keep up with the economies of scale -- but it's kind of amazing to think that in the space of one or two generations, this country's economic keystone of productive consumers has eroded to it's current state, where we're so insolvent that we've sold our soul to fucking China of all places.

The gubmint needs to stop coddling the mega-rich based on a flawed economic policy that failed in the 80s and (loath as I am to suggest it) needs to figure out a way to institute some protectionist policies that won't piss China (or multinational corps getting fat off the current conditions) off too badly.

BlairForceDejuan
12-12-2010, 06:00 PM
Bill Clinton's involvement in liberal agenda = republicans scared shitless

can't wait to hear how hannity and piggy beck spin this one

It's hilarious that Obama is such a rook that he let Clinton come in and take over the show.

admiralsnackbar
12-12-2010, 07:50 PM
It's hilarious that Obama is such a rook that he let Clinton come in and take over the show.

It was sad on both ends... how ready Obama seemed to be to pass the mic to Clinton to duck tough questions, and how eager Clinton was to play President again.

ElNono
12-12-2010, 07:56 PM
The debt was "up there" with Reagan too. Yoni just pretends to forget.

admiralsnackbar
12-12-2010, 08:02 PM

It's probably because of the cold war, which the US continued to sell as a viable excuse for debt-piling even though we already knew by the early eighties (if not earlier) that Russia was running on fumes. We were led to believe we were in Rocky 4 and Red Dawn when the situation had more in common with Moscow on the Hudson and depressing Yakov Smirnoff routines.

Wild Cobra
12-14-2010, 08:58 AM
No kidding, and at least president Clinton has a head on his shoulders. Besides, he isn't a far lest liberal. Far more left than I like, but he's a conservative relative to Obama.

Wild Cobra
12-14-2010, 08:59 AM
No, it's people like you who forget that president Reagan inherited a double digit inflation, which alone would have skyrocketed the debt, even if he didn't spend for the cold war.

Can you say "compound interest?"

Wild Cobra
12-14-2010, 09:25 AM
People making $60,000 a year also don't buy yachts and other luxury items made by other people making $60,000 a year.And who makes those yachts in the modern era? Thanks to Clinton and Bush Sr., manufacturing in this country has been steadily farmed out to developing nations.
Got to admit Yoni, he has you here.

Remember when the democrats in congress added luxury taxes to yachts?

New Luxury Tax Trimming Boat Sales, July 21, 1991 (http://www.nytimes.com/1991/07/21/nyregion/new-luxury-tax-trimming-boat-sales.html)

The boating industry claims to have been especially hard hit. Dealers point to the new tax as the main reason that sales have tumbled 88%, to $8 million, in South Florida during the first quarter. The recession no doubt contributed to the slowdown, but boat sellers complain that shoppers have escaped the tax by buying yachts in the Bahamas.

Taxes: Tempest in a Yacht, Jul. 01, 1991 (http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,973305,00.html)

"TAX THE RICK, A common scheme of demonrats and libtards. Thing is, the rich can simply change taxtics. The increased tax actually reduced tax revenue from that industry because of far less sales.

Now what this about john sKerry and his failure to pay taxes?

One more tax to grind, Long John Kerry (http://www.bostonherald.com/track/inside_track/view/20100801one_more_tax_to_grind_long_john_kerry/srvc=home&position=also)
As you know, the senior senator purchased his New Zealand-built, 76-foot floating palace back in March and ported her in Rhode Island, a state which repealed its boat sales and use tax back in 1993. By doing so, the senator could dodge some $437,500 in state sales taxes and an annual excise tax bill of $70,000.

ElNono
12-14-2010, 09:29 AM
No, it's people like you who forget that president Reagan inherited a double digit inflation, which alone would have skyrocketed the debt, even if he didn't spend for the cold war.

Can you say "compound interest?"

Revisionist history at it's best. I can certainly say "increased spending" and "no attempt to reduce spending". Not to mention that he increased said "compound interest" which we still paying these days.

But I bet you were wetting your pants with the "Star Wars" stories back then.

Wild Cobra
12-14-2010, 10:39 AM
Revisionist history at it's best. I can certainly say "increased spending" and "no attempt to reduce spending". Not to mention that he increased said "compound interest" which we still paying these days.

But I bet you were wetting your pants with the "Star Wars" stories back then.
No, but I'll give you something to have fun with.

I had some widowpane when I watch The Empire Strikes Back in the Granada Theater, when it came out.

Are you saying that compound interest, and inflation had nothing to do with how much the debt claimed during the Reagan presidency? The assigning the high increased to him by liberals is the history revision.

ElNono
12-14-2010, 01:57 PM

I had some widowpane when I watch The Empire Strikes Back in the Granada Theater, when it came out.

I meant Star Wars as in the SDI program... We're talking about Reagan, so I shouldn't need to explain this to you.

Are you saying that compound interest, and inflation had nothing to do with how much the debt claimed during the Reagan presidency? The assigning the high increased to him by liberals is the history revision.

Did he do what he preached? Did he try to reduce government, rein in spending, balance the budget and reduce the debt?
I'm not even asking if he did, I'm asking if he even tried...
Both you and I know the answer to that.

ChumpDumper
12-14-2010, 02:16 PM

Are you saying that compound interest, and inflation had nothing to do with how much the debt claimed during the Reagan presidency? The assigning the high increased to him by liberals is the history revision.Are you saying that Reagan's increased spending and complete lack of effort to reduce spending had nothing to do with how much the debt increased during the Reagan presidency?

And the rest of your post makes no sense whatsoever.

Are you high?

Blake
12-14-2010, 02:25 PM

I meant Star Wars as in the SDI program

wtf was that post from WC all about ?

Wild Cobra
12-14-2010, 02:45 PM

wtf was that post from WC all about ?
Can't we have a little fun at times?

Blake
12-14-2010, 03:57 PM
Can't we have a little fun at times?

Well sure. I just didn't realize incoherent posts were your idea of having fun.

Duly noted for future reference. :tu

Wild Cobra
12-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Well sure. I just didn't realize incoherent posts were your idea of having fun.

Duly noted for future reference. :tu
Wasn't the windowpane a clue? Or "something to have fun with?"

Blake
12-14-2010, 04:06 PM

To reiiterate CD's comment, it makes no sense. I have no clue what a windowpane has to do with Star Wars.

Wild Cobra
12-14-2010, 05:47 PM
To reiiterate CD's comment, it makes no sense. I have no clue what a windowpane has to do with Star Wars.
OK, if you don't get it, I'll leave it alone. Others do though.

ElNono
12-14-2010, 07:58 PM

Trippy...

Wild Cobra
12-14-2010, 08:45 PM
Trippy...
Yes it was. I guess I should have used blue text though. What do you think?

Do you really want an SDI answer when you know my position already?

ElNono
12-15-2010, 01:26 AM
You were tripping while Reagan was spending... I don't know there's much more to add, really.

Wild Cobra
12-15-2010, 10:28 AM
You were tripping while Reagan was spending... I don't know there's much more to add, really.
LOL...

I was partying allot. I didn't go to college, but visited my friends there back them. Still paid enough attention to politics that I though Reagan was a great man, and joined the Army in 1981, and went into the nuclear theater.

Think about it. If a man can lead a dope smoking guy who parties every night to follow the nations needs... is that leadership, or what?