PDA

View Full Version : The new crib...

benefactor
12-11-2010, 11:05 AM
My wife and I have been kicking around the idea of moving up from our starter house over the past year. With real estate prices and interest rates in the basement, we figured the time is right. The house we bought is actually the first one we looked at...even though initally they were not willing to come down enough on the price. We walked away and even put contracts down on several houses that didn't work out. A month later, we revisited the first house to see if they were willing to negotiate. They were getting desperate to make a move on it, as they had started looking into leasing it. We re-entered negotiations and came to a middle ground on the price. We were really excited to make a deal on it, as it fits us perfectly.

It's an older home(1949) that has been completely redone. The whole inside was gutted 6 years ago and remodeled and rewired. It has a lot of nice modern amenities but still has that vintage feel to it, which we love. Here's a few pics:

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q45/gospelrapper/house1.jpg
The front. As you can see it has a nice tree canopy to keep the sun off the house. Should help out a lot with electric bill in the summer...but I'll be sweeping the roof in the fall.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q45/gospelrapper/house3.jpg
Open floorplan in the front room. Yes, the stools are going.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q45/gospelrapper/house4.jpg
Front room from the front door.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q45/gospelrapper/house2.jpg
Great kitchen. All the appliances are pretty much new and were included.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q45/gospelrapper/house7.jpg
Master bedroom. My wife loved the built in vanity and the dual built in armoires.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q45/gospelrapper/house5.jpg
Master bath. This was another big selling point for my wife. The counter around the sink is a mosaic made of pieces of broken china and blue design you see on the wall is actually a hand painted mural that goes all the way across the ceiling.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q45/gospelrapper/house6.jpg
There is a reason I was willing to concede the girly bathroom. The back deck is multiple levels and has a ceiling fan, recessed lighting, gas grill hookups and is wired for cable/satellite. The hot tub is nice too, I guess. :)

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q45/gospelrapper/house8.jpg
View from the deck. The back yard is completely secluded with no neighbor behind us.

Nathan Explosion
12-11-2010, 11:14 AM
This is going to sound funny coming from a guy but I love the kitchen. I'm currently stuck in kitchen hell living in apartments and being that I'm single dad, I have to cook. I'd love a big, open kitchen.

And the deck is sweet too. Something about multi-leveled decks always appeals to me.

But that bathroom is girly.

SpursWoman
12-11-2010, 11:21 AM
What a great find! Congratulations!

mrsmaalox
12-11-2010, 11:30 AM
It's a lovely, lovely place, ben. Congrats, I hope you make many happy memories there.

That bathroom though....yikes!!! :lol

benefactor
12-11-2010, 12:51 PM
This is going to sound funny coming from a guy but I love the kitchen. I'm currently stuck in kitchen hell living in apartments and being that I'm single dad, I have to cook. I'd love a big, open kitchen.

Doesn't sound funny at all. It's my second favorite feature after the deck.

That bathroom though....yikes!!! :lol
Yeah...my wife just gushed over it and I just smiled and nodded like a good husband should. I'll get used to it. Everytime I looked at it I just imagined myself turning up a cold beer in my hot tub.

Glenn Holland
12-11-2010, 12:55 PM
I wonder if anyone has ever died in that house?
i wonder how many times cum has been splashed on the walls?

Glenn Holland
12-11-2010, 12:56 PM
Yeah...my wife just gushed over it and I just smiled and nodded like a good husband should. I'll get used to it.

sounds like a cuckold story.

DeadlyDynasty
12-11-2010, 01:22 PM

And the deck is sweet too. Something about multi-leveled decks always appeals to me.

But that bathroom is girly.

This. The kitchen is nice :tu

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
12-11-2010, 01:26 PM
Are those outlets or inlays in the floor?

I'd cry every time I went into that bathroom.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-11-2010, 01:27 PM

I'd cry every time I went into that bathroom.

I believe they're vents.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-11-2010, 01:29 PM
Cool place, but yeah......that bathroom. Only thing is I'd hate to have those big trees so close to my house. I hope youre in an area where you don't get a lot of bad storms.

benefactor
12-11-2010, 01:57 PM

Outlets and phone. I will probably position the furniture where only use one of them and cover the other with a rug. I'll figure it out when I get the sectional in there. Having the phone jack right there by the couch is nice for both phone and internet though.

Only thing is I'd hate to have those big trees so close to my house. I hope youre in an area where you don't get a lot of bad storms.
We get some storms, but nothing like they do north or south of us. They are all old Oak trees, so large branches shouldn't be a problem. The biggest issue is probably going to be cleaning the roof.

Kori Ellis
12-11-2010, 02:15 PM
Congrats! Great house. I love the kitchen, deck and yard. The bathroom counter is okay, but you have to get your wife to compromise on that mural :lol

Barfunk
12-11-2010, 02:32 PM
Definitely a nice pad inside and out. Nice little view. Doesn't look like a cookie cutter house. I'm liking the trees and patio as well.

Slomo
12-11-2010, 02:51 PM
Love the back deck :tu

Fpoonsie
12-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Yeah, as everyone has said, the deck and kitchen are fantastic. I'd be sold on those alone.

I'm also a fan of the wallpaper, if you can make it work for ya. What color do they consider that? A foam green or...? Regardless, if you can find ways to compliment it, that living room could REALLY stand out.

And all the greenery surrounding seems wonderfully cozy. If/when I finally graduate and buy a house, I'm gonna want a similar setting.

Great find. :tu

Mark in Austin
12-11-2010, 03:13 PM
congrats! :tu

SourCandy
12-11-2010, 03:41 PM
Why did/do you want to move?

benefactor
12-11-2010, 06:06 PM
Yeah, as everyone has said, the deck and kitchen are fantastic. I'd be sold on those alone.

I'm also a fan of the wallpaper, if you can make it work for ya. What color do they consider that? A foam green or...? Regardless, if you can find ways to compliment it, that living room could REALLY stand out.

And all the greenery surrounding seems wonderfully cozy. If/when I finally graduate and buy a house, I'm gonna want a similar setting.

Great find. :tu
No wallpaper...it's all paint. All of the house is in earth tones like that...well...almost all of it.:) Once we get the main furniture in we will do some action on the living area. Most of it will be simple touches, as I'd like to keep the room as open as possible.

Why did/do you want to move?
We never planned on staying in our starter house for ever. 4.5% locked on a 30 year note? You'd move too.

The Reckoning
12-11-2010, 06:42 PM
looks better than GayABC's place

ploto
12-11-2010, 06:50 PM
Congrats! Great house.

I love the counter top in the bathroom, but I also agree that the mural is too much- and I love blue.

I forgot- are you local?

Outlets and phone. I will probably position the furniture where only use one of them and cover the other with a rug. I'll figure it out when I get the sectional in there.

Outlets in the middle of the room are great-- I love the one I have for a lamp on an end table.

marini martini
12-11-2010, 07:21 PM
Very nice. I love the older homes. Your back yard looks like it is surrounded by woods.

PM5K
12-11-2010, 07:45 PM
Not a fan of the grey used almost entirely outside and in the kitchen. The bathroom is pretty hideous, does she really like it or was that a joke?

Nice otherwise.

fraga
12-11-2010, 08:24 PM
I don't know...seems haunted...

PakiDan
12-11-2010, 08:26 PM
Dude... I would live on that deck!! Congrats man... what a beautiful home!

MannyIsGod
12-11-2010, 08:37 PM
Bad ass kitchen. That bathroom is pretty damn ugly though. Oh well, you don't a pretty room to take a shit!

KapitanTutan
12-11-2010, 09:08 PM
I wonder if anyone has ever died in that house?
i wonder how many times cum has been splashed on the walls?

a-hoooooooooooole

benefactor
12-12-2010, 12:12 AM
Congrats! Great house.

I love the counter top in the bathroom, but I also agree that the mural is too much- and I love blue.

I forgot- are you local?

Nope. East Texas.

Bad ass kitchen. That bathroom is pretty damn ugly though. Oh well, you don't a pretty room to take a shit!
Pretty much my thoughts. I didn't put much stock into a room that I will spend very little of my day in. I've never been the kind of person than needed an elaborate shit/shower/shave room...nor do I really understand sinking a bunch of money into one like some people do.

xellos88330
12-12-2010, 03:20 AM
Congrats!

My wife and I were looking at getting a new home, but decided against it. Instead we just put on a couple additions to raise the property value some. They are building other houses around that is starting to pick up my streets value. So we are chillin' for now.

HighLowLobForBig-50
12-12-2010, 03:39 AM
i like the kitchen, love the deck and hate the bathroom
but i cant grade this house w out seeing pics of the garage yo
c'mon man...

Insomniac
12-12-2010, 06:08 AM
Older homes rock, IMO. Never have liked the cookie-cutter newer homes. Nice!

Cock-n-balls
12-12-2010, 12:51 PM
Nice crib bro.

CuckingFunt
12-12-2010, 01:42 PM
That bathroom would be a complete gut for me. Makes my eyeballs bleed.

Otherwise, good find.

Cock-n-balls
12-12-2010, 01:51 PM
That bathroom would be a complete gut for me. Makes my eyeballs bleed.I forgot to say that too. I think most grannies would say the same about that bathroom. Benefactor. You need to un-gay all that shit. Show your woman whos boss.

Cane
12-12-2010, 01:56 PM
I like the deck layout and the seclusion from other neighbors.

I do not like the paint color choices on the exterior or interior of the house but to each their own.

With all those huge trees in close proximity to your roof it might be worth watching out for branches falling during nasty storms and winds. When I lived in Florida my house was also surrounded by big trees and it was a minor inconvenience to clean up and repair damage. There will probably be a good share of snakes and other critters with a secluded backyard as well.

Congrats, having a bigger house FTMFW. :toast

benefactor
12-12-2010, 03:39 PM
With all those huge trees in close proximity to your roof it might be worth watching out for branches falling during nasty storms and winds. When I lived in Florida my house was also surrounded by big trees and it was a minor inconvenience to clean up and repair damage. There will probably be a good share of snakes and other critters with a secluded backyard as well.

Congrats, having a bigger house FTMFW. :toast
Not really worried about the critters so much. I've lived in this area my whole life so I know what to expect as far as wildlife goes. I'm privacy fencing the backyard and I have dogs, so the critters shouldn't get to close to the house.

Spursmania
12-12-2010, 10:08 PM
Nice crib benefactor-congrats. I dig the kitchen, the large trees, the wood floors and the deck along with the privacy.:toast

I think you know everyone's opinion on the bathroom:lol

DPG21920
12-12-2010, 10:10 PM
You might want to check with your agent on getting some additional tree removal insurance. Most policies have very limited coverage....

easjer
12-13-2010, 10:32 AM
Gorgeous! The exterior is lovely - the deck and backyard are killer. Love the green in the great room, and the size of the kitchen (don't love the cabinets, but that's me). The bathroom . . . it's a unique idea and I'm impressed by the mural (but wouldn't want it my place).

Very nice - congrats!

I. Hustle
12-13-2010, 08:15 PM
Looks like the house I boned PM5K's mom in.

4>0rings
12-13-2010, 08:22 PM
+1 Backyard and deck

-1 1 car garage(not sure, the pic is cut off)

Congrats!

benefactor
01-05-2011, 06:06 PM
Sitting on my new sofa posting on Spurstalk...staring out my french doors at my new deck that leads out into my back yard. Move completed. :)

Sisk
01-05-2011, 06:29 PM
:tu

DMX7
01-05-2011, 06:30 PM
I like it. Very nice find.

mrsmaalox
01-05-2011, 06:57 PM
I'm sure it feels great, congrats!

And don't start peeing out those french doors :nope

to21
01-06-2011, 10:59 AM
Nice house, I like it....not a cookie cutter home. Outside has a lot of charm.

I'm with everyone on the kitchen and deck.

The Gemini Method
01-06-2011, 11:49 AM
Nice place! The deck seems to be pretty awesome when hosting get-togethers or anything of the sort. Good luck on the new digs!

Sportcamper
01-06-2011, 02:09 PM
That is a fantastic house…The tile in the bathroom does not bother me…It looks like the original stuff…Most of the homes where I live are over 70 years old & have original ceramic tile in the kitchen & bathroom…:tu

Nathan Explosion
01-06-2011, 10:23 PM
I love old house. They have character. New houses are just so bland.

I went after a house that was going for under $100,000 in the I-10/Callaghan area. Two story, 1700 sq ft and a swimming pool in the back. Unfortunately my credit wasn't up to par. Everything else was falling into place.

So next year after the lease on my new apartment is up, I'm looking again.