PDA

View Full Version : So I guess Amare is the real deal...

pauls931
12-12-2010, 09:10 AM
He's doing better in NY than I thought, man I miss the guy.:( Now Nash has no one to pass to but a bunch of scrups.

edit: And Jrich...

DAF86
12-12-2010, 09:17 AM
You're a Suns fan, you should have already known this by watching his first years alongside Marbury.

pauls931
12-12-2010, 09:25 AM
You're a Suns fan, you should have already known this by watching his first years alongside Marbury.

I try hard to tune out the Marbury years, but yeah his second season he kicked ass. What surprises me is playing with Nash for so long, then putting him on a disasterous team resulting in him going nuts. Throw CP3 in there and you'd have a kick ass team.

21_Blessings
12-12-2010, 09:32 AM
Nash should give his undeserved MVPs back.

21_Blessings
12-12-2010, 09:37 AM
Also, Amare never learning how to play defense while being employed by the Phoenix Suns is the probably the least shocking news of all time. Has another team been as consistently shit at defense the last 30+ or so years? :lol

Cry Havoc
12-12-2010, 11:09 AM

Typical Laker fan, bitter about individual accolades. :lol

MavFan6488
12-12-2010, 11:25 AM
knicks will come down back to earth...they played detroit, new jersey, new orleans, toronto twice, minnsesota and washington during their winning streak. only scrub teams...

now they have boston, chicago, miami, oklahoma city, orlando and san antonio coming up...they will be .500 again in a few games trust me.

amare is playing real good basketball but they will need a complete team effort to have a chance against those type of teams..and theyre not deep enough..

Lukor
12-12-2010, 11:39 AM
knicks will come down back to earth...they played detroit, new jersey, new orleans, toronto twice, minnsesota and washington during their winning streak. only scrub teams...

now they have boston, chicago, miami, oklahoma city, orlando and san antonio coming up...they will be .500 again in a few games trust me.

amare is playing real good basketball but they will need a complete team effort to have a chance against those type of teams..and theyre not deep enough..

what she said.

Dragic not Tragic
12-12-2010, 12:06 PM

Most Suns fans do not see anything other than hatred for the Sarver.

DPG21920
12-12-2010, 12:27 PM
lol Nene shitting on Amare right now.

DPG21920
12-12-2010, 12:32 PM
Nene:

3-5 FG, 8 PTS, 1 REB, 0 TO

Amare:

0-4 FG, 0 PTS, 2 REB, 1 TO

DPG21920
12-12-2010, 12:33 PM
MIA 17-8

NYK 15-9

Scoreboard Bosh.

Is this a fact of something made up?

DPG21920
12-12-2010, 12:35 PM
Thats not what I said. Answer the question retard.

DPG21920
12-12-2010, 12:37 PM
Once again DPG you should try watching the game instead of judging it completely on stats. It's obvious Denver is doing everything they can to lock Amare up, and that's why everyone else on the Knicks is dominating right now.

What does that have to do with DEN attacking Amare because he cannot guard Nene?

DPG21920
12-12-2010, 12:38 PM
:lol calling someone retard when you think Bosh > Amare

This is completely false. Completely. I have already proven this with my arguments compared to yours. I used advanced metrics and facts. You have used nothing to disprove that at the time the argument was made that it was not close.

Until you can go into great detail and prove definitively with statistical evidence that at the the time the argument was made they were not close as players, I would appreciate it if you stopped breathing in my direction.

DPG21920
12-12-2010, 12:40 PM
Amare is a power forward, Nene is a center. It's not Amare's fault D'antoni plays him out of position. Christina Bosh on the other hand can't even guard undersized power forwards, lol Millsap dropping 46 points.

So now it's Dan's fault :lmao

LMAO Nene who averages 14 PTS having 9 in the first quarter.

DPG21920
12-12-2010, 12:42 PM
They are both the same players then as they were now. If it is wrong to say Bosh > Amare now, then it was wrong to say Bosh > Amare back then. The fact you are only capable of judging players based off nerdy statistics rather than which ones have a greater impact on the game is your fault, not mine.

This is completely false. Completely. I have already proven this with my arguments compared to yours. I used advanced metrics and facts. You have used nothing to disprove that at the time the argument was made that it was not close.

Until you can go into great detail and prove definitively with statistical evidence that at the the time the argument was made they were not close as players, I would appreciate it if you stopped breathing in my direction.

DPG21920
12-12-2010, 12:44 PM
lol DPG getting desperate and stealing BUMP's shtick

lol stealing cully's shtick

let us proceed....

:lol PB waiving the retard's white flag, par for the course.

DPG21920
12-12-2010, 12:48 PM

lol you getting trolled

lol you responding to me

lol you are even more retarded if you respond again

DPG21920
12-12-2010, 12:50 PM
lol you getting trolled

lol you responding to me

lol you are even more retarded if you respond again

lol thinking that you can call the shots on what's retarded after saying Bosh > Amare

:lol Now I know you are retarded.

lol Retarded Mav Fan

lol Escaping from other retards of a similar nature to post with brilliant Spurs fans

lol you will respond again and look retarded.

DPG21920
12-12-2010, 12:52 PM
:lol Now I know you are retarded.

lol Retarded Mav Fan

lol Escaping from other retards of a similar nature to post with brilliant Spurs fans

lol you will respond again and look retarded.

tbh I started this whole thing and you're the one who keeps responding while clearly being in the wrong. Anyone can say "You're retarded if you respond to this :cry", if that's your idea of trolling that's pretty lame tbh.

:cry Great F*cking Prediction

DPG21920
12-12-2010, 12:52 PM

DPG21920
12-12-2010, 12:54 PM

Can you respond to this as I asked? If not, you are retarded, and that is not trolling.

DPG21920
12-12-2010, 12:54 PM
"I said the efficiency thingy, which is my entire argument"

- Retarded Mav Fan

DPG21920
12-12-2010, 12:58 PM
No you didn't. No they weren't. You are a retard.

:lmao, "You can't use stats"

:lmao Amare losing his cool against Nene

DPG21920
12-12-2010, 12:59 PM
lol retard

lol using other peoples thoughts

lol can't even argue when someone else has laid the ground work

rayjayjohnson
12-12-2010, 01:00 PM

Like how Kobe should give his finals MVP from last year back?

DPG21920
12-12-2010, 01:00 PM
You have the burden of proof:

DPG21920
12-12-2010, 01:04 PM
Nene absolutely shitting on Amare. NY is not doubling Amare any more and they are going to NENE every time.

rayjayjohnson
12-12-2010, 01:04 PM
Nene is a fucking beast, a''''''mare should have been fucking ejected

DPG21920
12-12-2010, 01:05 PM
He should have :lol He almost started crying because Nene is dunking all over him.

They didn't eject him because it's the NBA.

DPG21920
12-12-2010, 01:06 PM
On Cue, another dunk right in Amare's face :lol

DPG21920
12-12-2010, 01:09 PM
Now Melo attacking Amare.

DPG21920
12-12-2010, 01:12 PM
:lmao Nene just dunked the ball off of Amare's face.

Even the Knicks announcers are saying "Nene only averages 14 PTS a game" :lol

rayjayjohnson
12-12-2010, 01:13 PM
I've been saying nene is the real deal for a while now, I know constantly stuffing it over amare isn't the hardest, but still...

ohmwrecker
12-12-2010, 01:15 PM
How many threads are you guys having this argument on?

rayjayjohnson
12-12-2010, 01:15 PM
lol @ Knicks announcers saying the game is inconsistently called.

Announcers need to get off touriaf's dick, nigga looks like he's homeless.

DPG21920
12-12-2010, 01:18 PM
it's almost like the Nuggets are winning :lol

1) It's a 1 pt game

2) What does the score have to do with the individual match up where Nene is shitting on Amare and where NY is not even doubling Amare :lol

DPG21920
12-12-2010, 01:19 PM
I've been saying nene is the real deal for a while now, I know constantly stuffing it over amare isn't the hardest, but still...

Nene has always been a very solid player, but health issues and touches were his problem.

Of course, playing against Amare makes quite a few people look better on the offensive end :lol

pauls931
12-12-2010, 01:21 PM
After reading some of the posts I figured NY would be down by 20... Go Amare! :toast

DPG21920
12-12-2010, 01:25 PM
Tbh playing against Bosh turns players like Paul Millsap into HoFers. lol thinking talking shit about Amare pisses me off, anything Amare sucks at, Bosh is worse at.

But this is about Nene and Amare, not Bosh. Bosh isn't getting shit on by Nene right now. Amare is.

DPG21920
12-12-2010, 01:28 PM
If you didn't care, why would you respond to it over and over :lol? If it didn't bother you an iddy bitty bit, why take the time to respond?

DPG21920
12-12-2010, 01:31 PM
Pickle breath resorting to personal attacks when he has lost.

Backtracking saying he doesn't care and now saying he does care because I'm involved. Make up your mind please.

rayjayjohnson
12-12-2010, 01:32 PM
But this is about Nene and Amare, not Bosh. Bosh isn't getting shit on by Nene right now. Amare is.

bosh will.

DPG21920
12-12-2010, 01:38 PM
Amare trying to attack Nene and gets stuffed.

rayjayjohnson
12-12-2010, 01:46 PM
How did the MSG announcers get a reputation for being good? They are the most butthurt fags I've ever heard

Lukor
12-12-2010, 01:48 PM
Denver seems to love games where they dont have to play defense. This is going to end at about 120-115

DPG21920
12-12-2010, 01:53 PM
If the Knicks stay hot from 3, they win. Nuggets need to keep going to Nene every single time. He can score at will and he is a good passer.

DPG21920
12-12-2010, 01:53 PM
4th foul on Amare. He might have to come out.

DPG21920
12-12-2010, 01:54 PM
They need to attack him because Dan is leaving him out.

Xylus
12-12-2010, 01:57 PM
I'm not sure what DPG is on about right now. Nene typically performs well against undersized teams like the Knicks.

I'm not sure how you can talk crap about a guy who is averaging like 35 and 11 over his last 8 games, especially since his team is winning games.

DPG21920
12-12-2010, 01:59 PM
What does that have to do with Nene murdering Amare today 1 v 1? Does that make Amare a bad player? No. But does that mean he is getting owned by Nene? Yes.

Xylus
12-12-2010, 02:01 PM
Amare shouldn't be guarding Nene, though. You keep ignoring this point. Amare should be guarding Kenyon Martin, who isn't playing right now. It's a mismatch that Coach Karl is wisely exploiting.

DPG21920
12-12-2010, 02:02 PM
But he is........and is getting tore up. Am I saying something wrong?

Bosh's team has been winning, he is a PF, he is guarding C's and PF's but these guys rip him. Why not defend him?

Xylus
12-12-2010, 02:37 PM
Amare with a subpar game: 30 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assists.

Xylus
12-12-2010, 02:37 PM
Knicks beat the Nuggets, 129-125

Pelicans78
12-12-2010, 02:38 PM
Imagine how good the Knicks will be once Carmelo signs with them.

rayjayjohnson
12-12-2010, 02:42 PM
You can tell turiaf is French, he'd fall over if you tickled him.

Fuck the Knicks.

Xylus
12-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Amare breaks a NY Knicks record with most consecutive 30-point games. The record is now 8, and the Knicks won every single game.

rayjayjohnson
12-12-2010, 02:49 PM
Knicks do look dangerous, they are going to be deadly when melo goes there.

Tbh, I don't want gallinari. I hope there's a third team in there. Danny granger for the win

kamikazi_player
12-12-2010, 03:34 PM
I love Amare, and I think he's much better than Bosh. But I don't it's that bad to compare Bosh and Amare. They both have weaknesses in areas similar to each other. But I think what seperates Amare from Bosh is that he's making this Knick team relevant and he actually made Felton look like he can play basketball. Felton didn't look like this in Charlotte, now he's looking like a potential all-star.

Killakobe81
12-12-2010, 03:37 PM
They need 1 more all-star too be REAL dangerous ...

Killakobe81
12-12-2010, 03:43 PM
Yes, if the Knicks got Melo, a good center and a real coach/defensive assistant they'd be a contender. Amare at center tho is not gonna work for them in the long run.

they just need a shotblocker who is not complete shite on offense like maybe the lopez brother or Verejao would be perfect.

kamikazi_player
12-12-2010, 03:57 PM
in my humble opinion, Bosh can't really do much in Miami since he's like the #3 option on that team. Lebron and Wade will in most games dominate the ball. I think most people would assume that his stats will decline as the result of being the 3rd guy.

Meanwhile, Amare is the go to guy on the Knicks and the offense revolves around him. So he will have a better impact on his team than Bosh. Bosh had pretty good stats when he was in Toronto, but now has a completely different role on this team and it's hard for him to adjust right now. I don't condone for the average of rebounds per game he's been getting, but he's improving a little right now and starting to get in a groove in Miami in the last few games.

j.dizzle
12-12-2010, 04:04 PM
Damn Amare is actually earning his money. Props to him. NY fans must be happy as hell to be winning some games again. Melo would love playing in their system IMO. He doesnt play defense so he would fit nicely.