PDA

View Full Version : ESPN reports Melo will only sign with the Knicks

rayjayjohnson
12-12-2010, 04:41 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=5912307

NEW YORK -- Carmelo Anthony has told the Denver Nuggets he will not sign the nearly $65 million contract extension he has been offered unless he is traded to the New York Knicks, a source told ESPN.com on Sunday.

The source, using the most definitive language possible, confirmed what has been widely speculated around the NBA over the past two months as Anthony has been at the center of trade talks involving numerous teams.

And while other franchises might be able to make better offers, Anthony will not agree to sign anywhere long-term unless he is dealt to New York, according to the source, who has been privy to private discussions between Anthony, his representatives and the Nuggets organization.

The source spoke to ESPN.com after Denver's 129-125 loss to New York on Sunday afternoon as the Knicks won their eighth straight game.

Anthony was again coy in discussing his future, but he did move the needle somewhat in making a prediction that the Nuggets will not trade him to a destination that is not on his wish list.

"I don't think so. I don't think that will happen," Anthony said.

Asked why he would make such a definitive statement, Anthony demurred "I don't want to answer that. I don't want to talk about that."

Anthony received a standing ovation from Knicks fans during player introductions after hearing their pleadings on the streets ever since the Nuggets arrived in Manhattan late Friday night.

"Everybody's yelling out the windows: 'Melo we need you in New York.' Of course that feels good when you know someone out there wants you to come and represent their team and represent their city. That's what I took from that," Anthony said.

The New Jersey Nets have been holding out hope that their offer of Derrick Favors, Troy Murphy and two No. 1 draft picks would be the best offer available to the Nuggets, but the news that Anthony will not agree to sign with them long-term effectively knocks them out of the bidding.

Nooooooooooooooooo! I wanted Favors, not fucking Gallinari!

DPG21920
12-12-2010, 04:43 PM
:lol Melo. I can't play because I'm too hurt. Oh wait, playing in NY, I'm good to go coach. They should have benched him.

BRHornet45
12-12-2010, 04:50 PM
sons shit on being politically correct! I am a zebra so I have every right to say this ...

why in the hell should ANYONE be shocked by this with Carmelo? I mean for Christ sakes just look at him! ...
http://straightfromthea.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/carmelomug1.jpg
http://guanabee.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/carmelo-anthony-265x379.jpg

now sons does that look like a person who knows the first thing about loyalty, respect, or what its like to actually earn a living with hard work and dedication? the simple answer is of course not. Carmelo is just another typical, hood rat who can ball his ass off so therefor his sense of entitlement is through the roof and he doesn't care about anyone but himself. The Nuggets have paid him very well and have put solid teams on the floor. they deserve more respect from him, but then again no one should be surprised by this.

crc21209
12-12-2010, 05:07 PM
A core of Felton, Amare, and Melo would be pretty damn good in the East this year...:tu

Trill Clinton
12-12-2010, 05:12 PM
sons shit on being politically correct! I am a zebra so I have every right to say this ...

why in the hell should ANYONE be shocked by this with Carmelo? I mean for Christ sakes just look at him! ...
http://guanabee.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/carmelo-anthony-265x379.jpg

now sons does that look like a person who knows the first thing about loyalty, respect, or what its like to actually earn a living with hard work and dedication? the simple answer is of course not. Carmelo is just another typical, hood rat who can ball his ass off so therefor his sense of entitlement is through the roof and he doesn't care about anyone but himself. The Nuggets have paid him very well and have put solid teams on the floor. they deserve more respect from him, but then again no one should be surprised by this.

HILARIOUS:lmao

You have a point though.

HarlemHeat37
12-12-2010, 06:10 PM
What's funny is that some people here were defending Anthony in the off-season(I won't name names), while shitting on Lebron, using Carmelo as a good example:lol..Anthony is one of the biggest pussies in the NBA..he's pretending to be injured, he's making trade demands while he's under contract:lol..this is some of the worst diva-like behavior I've ever seen from an NBA player..

Anthony and Stoudemire would be interesting, I don't know how well it would do, but it's worth trying..the problem would be that they're both very poor passers and poor defenders, so they would need to bring in different personnel and bring in a legit assistant coach at some point..

kamikazi_player
12-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Scary team that's probably going to be top 4 in the east. Surprising they don't need Parker anymore since Felton's playing like an all-star point guard.

Killakobe81
12-12-2010, 07:16 PM
If they can keep together:

Melo, amare, Felton, chandler and Landry Fields that is the makings of an Eastern power. sure they would still suck on defense but they are one shot-blocker away from being truly dangerous ...

ducks
12-12-2010, 07:18 PM
What's funny is that some people here were defending Anthony in the off-season(I won't name names), while shitting on Lebron, using Carmelo as a good example:lol..Anthony is one of the biggest pussies in the NBA..he's pretending to be injured, he's making trade demands while he's under contract:lol..this is some of the worst diva-like behavior I've ever seen from an NBA player..

Anthony and Stoudemire would be interesting, I don't know how well it would do, but it's worth trying..the problem would be that they're both very poor passers and poor defenders, so they would need to bring in different personnel and bring in a legit assistant coach at some point..

no that is james

no one can critizes james
if they do he goes ape

MiamiHeat
12-12-2010, 07:28 PM
Kobe, Melo, and others demand trades while refusing to honor their contracts...try to manipulate the team they are traded to, hurting their current team's ability to benefit from the trade

yet LeBron honors his contract silently and enters free agency, gives everyone including his current team a chance to give him a sales pitch for his services,

but when he exercises his rights to free agency, he's the worst guy in sports.

BRHornet45
12-12-2010, 07:33 PM
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/7445/trade1y.jpg

MiamiHeat
12-12-2010, 07:51 PM
i would love to see that trade BR

another super team formed. the playoffs in the EAST would be so fucking amazing to watch

Donkeybong
12-12-2010, 07:56 PM
carmelo has woman hips

HeavyWeight
12-12-2010, 08:29 PM
What an Era in basketball...........
unbelievable.

KapitanTutan
12-13-2010, 03:02 AM

werent you wishing to have him on your team?

faggot

KapitanTutan
12-13-2010, 03:03 AM
ah u mad cuz ur boy cp3 wanna ball with the guy in NY

:lol

peskypesky
12-13-2010, 03:09 AM
ugh....i don't want Carmelo on the Knicks. I can't stand the guy. Great b-ball skills, but serious character flaws.

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-13-2010, 03:15 AM
But but he's doing it for the kids, surely!

DJB
12-13-2010, 03:50 AM
Why does Eddy Curry get paid 11 million dollars?

frodo
12-13-2010, 03:54 AM
amare + melo = vintage :drool:

Texas_Ranger
12-13-2010, 04:55 AM
Melo's a pussy.

LOL Eddy Curry. He played like 5 games in the last 5 years.

KapitanTutan
12-13-2010, 06:31 AM
amare + melo = vintage :drool:

efense!

Darthkiller
12-13-2010, 08:34 AM
first of all, we arent trading chandler or gallinari for melo , when we can just get melo for free in FA.

second of all, we dont really need melo, we can score enough, we need a big man who plays D and a backup PG.

Jose Canseco
12-13-2010, 08:57 AM

It's not that funny. Carmelo is a fucking bitch. But his situation is very different from LeBron's. And the major criticism of LeBron last summer doesn't apply to Carmelo.

LeBron put up a front to Cleveland and Cavs fans whispering sweet nothings in their ear, giving all sorts of indications that he was theirs, screaming how he loved Cleveland and that he wouldn't stop until he brought a championship to Cleveland. Then he went on national television so that Cleveland fans and everybody else could watch him getting head from another team. LeBron basically was telling his wife he still loves her while fucking some new hot young thing down in Miami. That's why he got shitted on.

Carmelo already broke up with Denver and Nuggets fans. He isn't putting on some deception stringing them along. He already told his wife they're done and it's because of another woman. He's not hiding it. He's just waiting for the divorce papers to be finalized.

Melo is still a bitch for it all. But at least he's not pretending to be someone or something he isn't. He's a bitch and he's admitting it.

dbestpro
12-13-2010, 09:57 AM
Carmelo is a tall version of Iverson. The question is not where he wil be playing next ,but when does he start playing in Turkey.

jacobdrj
12-13-2010, 10:03 AM
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/7445/trade1y.jpg

I do that if I am the Knicks or Nuggets. But why in the hell would NO do that?

Darthkiller
12-13-2010, 12:05 PM
yo , why the fuck would the knicks trade for CP3 when felton has been just as good at half the cost

Mark in Austin
12-13-2010, 01:16 PM
I learned everything I needed to know about Carmelo when he took a swing at a guy on the court and then literally ran away.

I can't figure out how some of the most deeply knowledgeable basketball fans in the world are drooling over this spineless chucker.

Dex
12-13-2010, 01:24 PM
This new breed of basketball players are spoiled as shit. I can't imagine any of the old superstars publicly wishing for trades mid-season, especially to the team that JUST beat you the same day, and even more especially so they could all join up for their own little Superfriends group.

Mark in Austin
12-13-2010, 01:40 PM
first of all, we arent trading chandler or gallinari for melo , when we can just get melo for free in FA.

Not if the new CBA drops the salary cap... which is exactly what the owners want to do. Unless NY can salary dump Turiaf or convince him not to exercise his option, they won't be able to offer the max.

Kings, Nets, Pacers, Rockets look like the only teams that will be able to offer close to a max deal if the cap drops to the 50 million range.

And if max contracts drop too, the extension will look better and better to Anthony, no matter what city he's in. If I'm Denver, I sit on him and dare him to opt out, or ignore the threats and trade him to NJ or whatever team offers the best deal for him. I just don't see him as the kind of player who would leave a shit ton of money on the table.

Killakobe81
12-13-2010, 02:42 PM
This new breed of basketball players are spoiled as shit. I can't imagine any of the old superstars publicly wishing for trades mid-season, especially to the team that JUST beat you the same day, and even more especially so they could all join up for their own little Superfriends group.

I must agree. But Magic once got a coach fired so i cant throw stones completely ... but the teaming up superfriends part, I agree with.

Mark in Austin
12-21-2010, 09:16 AM
Now he'll go to the Nets IF... (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-anthonytalks122110)

I knew something like this would happen. Den not interested in the Knick's crap + Carmelo's agent telling him how much money he'll have to walk away from to sign w/ NY outright this summer, and all of a sudden he's now more open to an extension w/NJ.