PDA

View Full Version : Conspiracy Talk at CNBC.

Parker2112
12-12-2010, 07:04 PM
http://www.cnbc.com/id/40628316

the awakening is well underway, folks.

admiralsnackbar
12-12-2010, 07:48 PM
The headline reads like it's some ancient cabal of financiers, when in fact its a group of several banks that were asked to oversee the derivative market during the crisis and have since been price-setting and excluding new members.

Is it sleazy, elitist, surreptitious and almost certainly illegal? Sure. But is it in any way more shocking than the causes behind the original market crash? Not IMO since the DOJ is already investigating them, which is more than we can say about the original authors of this depression, and since it may result in some precedent to hang future legislation against collusion, price-fixing, and obfuscation in the industry, which sure as hell didn't fall out of the bullshit financial reform bill.

DMX7
12-13-2010, 02:03 AM
Oh shocking... the elites run the banks and the finance industry. My mind is blown.

boutons_deux
12-13-2010, 12:09 PM
The VRWC/criminal financial sector is a conspiracy in fact, not in theory.

And there's no way to stop them, absolutely no way.

boutons_deux
12-13-2010, 12:09 PM
The VRWC/criminal financial sector is a conspiracy in fact, not in theory.

And there's no way to stop them, absolutely no way.

cheguevara
12-13-2010, 02:33 PM
sky is blue

lefty
12-13-2010, 02:57 PM
Damn Reptilians

boutons_deux
12-13-2010, 03:20 PM
here's how the shit works, bankers corrupting a tea party darling already:

Banks Gave Heavily To Scott Brown As He Watered Down Financial Reform

From mid-June until the Fourth of July, according to a Globe analysis of his campaign finance reports, the Massachusetts senator took in $140,000 from banks and investment firms and their executives, including companies based in the state, such as MassMutual and State Street Corp. That is 400 percent more than the $28,000 received on average by all Republican senators during the same three weeks.

As the money poured in, Brown and his Senate staff were working both publicly and behind the scenes to scuttle $19 billion in fees on the financial industry that would have paid for part of the regulatory overhaul, and to weaken a provision intended to curb certain types of investment activities by banks and insurance companies.

http://thinkprogress.org/2010/12/12/banks-brown/

=========

The $140K is cheap.

Hell $14M is cheap considering the 10s of $Bs in ROI.

Parker2112
12-13-2010, 03:20 PM
Oh shocking... the elites run the banks and the finance industry. My mind is blown.

I know if they wanted to feel your wife up you would be all for it as well. :lol

Parker2112
12-13-2010, 03:23 PM
here's how the shit works, bankers corrupting a tea party darling already:

Banks Gave Heavily To Scott Brown As He Watered Down Financial Reform

From mid-June until the Fourth of July, according to a Globe analysis of his campaign finance reports, the Massachusetts senator took in $140,000 from banks and investment firms and their executives, including companies based in the state, such as MassMutual and State Street Corp. That is 400 percent more than the $28,000 received on average by all Republican senators during the same three weeks.

As the money poured in, Brown and his Senate staff were working both publicly and behind the scenes to scuttle $19 billion in fees on the financial industry that would have paid for part of the regulatory overhaul, and to weaken a provision intended to curb certain types of investment activities by banks and insurance companies.

http://thinkprogress.org/2010/12/12/banks-brown/

=========

The $140K is cheap.

Hell $14M is cheap considering the 10s of $Bs in ROI.

tea partiers are keeping tabs on who sells out. The big corps in Mass will turn out every legislator that hits the ground. They are just that stacked.

boutons_deux
12-13-2010, 03:24 PM

the financial sector and corporations run the US govt.

Your voting is a charade for suckers.

Wild Cobra
12-14-2010, 09:32 AM
http://www.cnbc.com/id/40628316

the awakening is well underway, folks.
Like any new news story, it will be a mix if fiction and fact, with the fiction driving the story. I don't doubt for a second that we have rich unethical people. However, such stories, especially as vague it is on facts, but clearly saying they know the agenda...

Give me a break.