PDA

View Full Version : Parker playing with sprained finger

duncan228
12-12-2010, 08:49 PM
Parker plays through finger sprain (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2010/12/12/parker-plays-through-finger-sprain/)
Jeff McDonald

...Camby hit Parker’s right hand, aggravating a middle-finger sprain the Spurs point guard had been dealing with for the past week.

His finger noticeably swollen after the Spurs’ 95-78 victory, Parker vowed to press on in spite of the injury.

“Every time somebody hits it, it hurts,” said Parker, whose game has returned to All-Star levels this season. “It’s been two or three games. Just have to deal with it.”

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2010/12/12/parker-plays-through-finger-sprain/

Ice009
12-12-2010, 08:52 PM
Crap, not good. How long does a sprain take to get better if it doesn't get hit?

benefactor
12-12-2010, 08:53 PM
Drama queen. No need to talk about it hurting if you are "dealing with it."

L.I.T
12-12-2010, 08:54 PM
Guess that helps explain some of his recent tentativeness.

Frenzy
12-12-2010, 08:55 PM

Trying to pull a kobe.

benefactor
12-12-2010, 08:55 PM
Crap, not good. How long does a sprain take to get better if it doesn't get hit?
It's the same as a jammed finger. It just swells up and hurts for a week or so. He'll play through it and be fine.

benefactor
12-12-2010, 08:56 PM
Trying to pull a kobe.
Exactly. A jammed finger is nothing like the finger injury Kobe had.

jjktkk
12-12-2010, 09:58 PM

How is Parker being a drama queen? Reporters noticed his finger was swollen, asked him about it, and he explained his injury.

DesignatedT
12-12-2010, 10:03 PM
That could explain some of the missed layups. It's definitely not comfortable to play with, although I doubt it has much impact.

He isn't being a drama queen :lol

duncan228
12-12-2010, 10:16 PM
Parker said X-rays taken a week ago showed no fracture and that he intends to play through the pain.

“No time off,” he said. “Keep playing. Maybe I’ll play with a (splint). I’m not a big fan of that, so we’ll see.”

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2010/12/12/duncan%e2%80%99s-1000th-game-brings-707th-win/

pawe
12-12-2010, 10:42 PM
I cant believe nobody posted a "text" joke about this yet.

benefactor
12-12-2010, 11:15 PM
How is Parker being a drama queen? Reporters noticed his finger was swollen, asked him about it, and he explained his injury.
There is no reason to whine about it being painful. It's just a jammed finger. Tell the media it's fine and move on.

TE
12-13-2010, 01:12 AM
An injured finger is hard to play with, imo...

It is really painful if you aggravate the pain while playing in a game. My oh my does that shit hurt.

wunderkindepiphany
12-13-2010, 02:54 AM
fuck yeah that shit hurts. Plus every jammed finger is different. I jammed my finger horribly in HS and couldnt do shit with it for a while. I like how everybody is like "man up and get on with playing" or "drama queen" but you know that if they were to jam their shit theyd be missing shots left and right. If you jam your finger and dont get a chance to yank on it right away and youre in a game it could swell up pretty fast. It can get pretty nasty too if you keep jamming it.

jjktkk
12-13-2010, 03:07 AM
There is no reason to whine about it being painful. It's just a jammed finger. Tell the media it's fine and move on.

Maybe parker is not as tough as you. Have you ever had jammed finger, and kept playing with it? It hurts.

polandprzem
12-13-2010, 03:16 AM
I cant believe nobody posted a "text" joke about this yet.

:lol

concken
12-13-2010, 03:16 AM
fuck yeah that shit hurts. Plus every jammed finger is different. I jammed my finger horribly in HS and couldnt do shit with it for a while. I like how everybody is like "man up and get on with playing" or "drama queen" but you know that if they were to jam their shit theyd be missing shots left and right. If you jam your finger and dont get a chance to yank on it right away and youre in a game it could swell up pretty fast. It can get pretty nasty too if you keep jamming it.

:lol It's his career, not some HS basketball game. A jammed finger deserves no pity IMO

janetcn12
12-13-2010, 03:20 AM
It will take weeks to heal and it can reoccur again. Poor TP.

Pauleta14
12-13-2010, 06:29 AM

Are you serious?

He has it since the NO game and we only heard about it today... by the media!

TP is like Manu and Timmy, he never complains or talk about his injuries unless he has no choice.
Remember last year, we didn't hear about his plantar fatisis problems until 1 month into the season (and it was because everyody noticed that he couldn't play his game normaly)...

Anyway, even if it bothers him to score, it no big deal since the team doesn't rely on his scoring (as well as anybody's) as much as it used to.

Calavera
12-13-2010, 06:47 AM
I doubt they don't use something to ease the pain, Parker is bb player, it's not his hobby or smthg.

Hemotivo
12-13-2010, 07:06 AM
sexting can be dangerous

smeagol
12-13-2010, 07:11 AM
benefactor, you're being a dick

Bukefal
12-13-2010, 08:20 AM

:rolleyes I don't know why someone would say something like that other than just showing some sort of personal hate towards this player or just feeling the need to act like a dick.

Didn't he just tell the media it's fine and that he just deals with it? Besides, It was the media who was asking him about It and there seemed to be x rays taken so It's a bit more serious and they saw him hurting his finger again yesterday, so that's probably why this has been brought up. He Is not being a 'drama queen' nor Is he whining and even If he was complaining, of course, It hurts.

ElNono
12-13-2010, 08:58 AM
benefactor trolling the shit out of you frenchie lovers, tbh :lol

howbouthemspurs
12-13-2010, 09:11 AM
Fuckin trolls! Get a life!

benefactor
12-13-2010, 09:20 AM
Perhaps he should take a few games off then...if it hurts so much he needs cry in front of the cameras about it being painful.

ManuTastic
12-13-2010, 09:39 AM
Perhaps he should take a few games off then...if it hurts so much he needs cry in front of the cameras about it being painful.

Thanks for playing, douche-wad.

Cry Havoc
12-13-2010, 10:38 AM

:rolleyes

hater
12-13-2010, 10:42 AM

Hi Eva.

stéphane
12-13-2010, 10:56 AM
Benefactor, you're being a dick today.

Kool Bob Love
12-13-2010, 11:39 AM

Hey the JERK store called and said thier running out of you!

benefactor
12-13-2010, 01:43 PM
benefactor trolling the shit out of you frenchie lovers, tbh :lol
They are always a sensitive bunch. :)

wunderkindepiphany
12-13-2010, 01:46 PM
:lol It's his career, not some HS basketball game. A jammed finger deserves no pity IMO

I'm not pitying anybody, I just think its funny that everyone is quick to act like they know what playing with a jammed finger in the NBA is like. You're right, this is his career and Tony will prolly play through this, but its just stupid how everybody gets all army tough when an injury is brought up. Anyway, I cant win a battle with some of you keyboard warriors so whatever.

jjktkk
12-13-2010, 02:29 PM
Benefactor is talking from expierience. When he dunked on his little sister the other day, he jammed his finger on the nerf rim. The whole rim fell off his room door.

Tp9gospursgo
12-13-2010, 02:53 PM

Jammed fingers are painful but not that bad. I've jammed/ broken all of the fingers on my right hand at least once playing basketball and it never slowed me down. He should be fine in a week or 2.

wunderkindepiphany
12-13-2010, 02:53 PM
posterized haha

TJastal
12-13-2010, 03:05 PM
Benefactor is talking from expierience. When he dunked on his little sister the other day, he jammed his finger on the nerf rim. The whole rim fell off his room door.

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/6969/welcometofailpopulation.jpg

DieHardSpursFan1537
12-13-2010, 05:51 PM
Well the reporters asked him about it. What is he going to do? Lie or something. Geez.

TJastal
12-13-2010, 05:57 PM
Well the reporters asked him about it. What is he going to do? Lie or something. Geez.

Is that sig drawing supposed to be Manu? Because it looks nothing like the guy, more like Tom Arnold minus the beer gut.

ohmwrecker
12-13-2010, 07:29 PM
Is that sig drawing supposed to be Manu? Because it looks nothing like the guy, more like Tom Arnold minus the beer gut.

Looks like Sly Stallone tbh.

TJastal
12-13-2010, 07:47 PM
Looks like Sly Stallone tbh.

I see more Frank Stallone tbh