PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football Superbowl this week...whaddaya think?

DeadlyDynasty
12-12-2010, 11:54 PM
Team A has 75.5 points, with Adrian Peterson still to play (vs. NYG)

Team B has 95 points, with Sidney Rice (vs. NYG) and Billy Cundiff (@HOU) still to play.

Which team do you like to win?

MavDynasty
12-12-2010, 11:56 PM
B,imo

Amarelooms
Team B dummy....what kind of idiotic question is this

:elephant

LakerHater
Hows the scoring system?

AnthonyM
12-13-2010, 12:00 AM
Unless there's tons of bonuses for an RB or something, I don't think B loses this game.

DeadlyDynasty
12-13-2010, 12:02 AM
Hows the scoring system?

For rushing, every 10 yards is 1 point. Fumbles are -2.

For receiving, every 20 yards is 1 point. PPR as well (1 point, per reception).

TDs are 6 pts.

Additional point given for a 100 yard effort

DeadlyDynasty
12-13-2010, 12:03 AM
btw, all good answers so far :tu

LakerHater
12-13-2010, 12:12 AM
For rushing, every 10 yards is 1 point. Fumbles are -2.

For receiving, every 20 yards is 1 point. PPR as well (1 point, per reception).

TDs are 6 pts.

Additional point given for a 100 yard effort

Team A could edge out, should be exciting!

DeadlyDynasty
12-13-2010, 12:22 AM
Giants with the 7th ranked rushing D in the league currently. Any RB's go off on them this year?

LakerHater
12-13-2010, 12:24 AM
McCoy had 111 & 1, MJD had 113.

DeadlyDynasty
12-13-2010, 12:28 AM
McCoy had 111 & 1, MJD had 113.

I just saw that...CJ also had 125, but on 32 carries (one of them being 42 yards). McCoy had a 50 yard run at the end of the game. For the most part NYG is pretty stout against the run.

LakerHater
12-13-2010, 12:31 AM
I just saw that...CJ also had 125, but on 32 carries (one of them being 42 yards). McCoy had a 50 yard run at the end of the game. For the most part NYG is pretty stout against the run.
Yeah, your fantasy superbowl should be fun! AP is a beast but so is the Giants D...... Any Givin Sunday!

AnthonyM
12-13-2010, 02:50 AM
Even with the bonus for 100 yards for an RB, don't think if AP gets even 30 points that team B will lose. In a 1 point per reception league, Rice and Tynes can make up that difference on most weeks. Even if Rice doesn't do that great.

Plus, the Giants D hasn't allowed an offensive touchdown in 6 quarters or something like that.

Congrats on the Superbowl though. I'm in the first week of my playoffs, but I've already got the game wrapped up for this week. It's 145 to 84, and I still have Flacco to play tomorrow, and he has Bradshaw. Two more weeks for the Superbowl, so we'll see.

Kai
12-13-2010, 04:40 AM
Sounds like you're gonna win Bro, congrats. I'm in week 1 as well, have the game wrapped up 95-70 and i still have Arian Foster and Eli Manning to play tommorrow. It's gonna be an epic showdon with me and my buddy next week in the semis. He has Vick and Chris Johnson that will for sure get him some points, but I just hope McFaddon got all the points out of his system this week... I've been killing with Arian Foster and Maurice Jones-Drew in my backfield.

DeadlyDynasty
12-13-2010, 12:59 PM
Team A now has 76.5 points for some inexplicable reason

The Gemini Method
12-13-2010, 03:04 PM
I pretty much backed my way into the playoffs losing the last 2 and 3 of my last 5 games. However, the playoffs have started off with a bang for me with Vick, Johnson, and the Chargers D leading the way. The team I'm faced-off with beat me back in the early part of the season on the day that Vick went out with that rib injury against the Redskins. He beat me by like 20 pts that day. Guess who his QB was this week? Aaron Rodgers...so, in a bit of karmic justice (he had been talking shit all week and saying he was going to stomp me into the ground...) I am up 93 - 22 with Billy Cundiff going for me and he has Anquan Boldin, Derrick Mason, and Visanthe Shiancoe going for him tonight. I'm hoping that I'll hold on so I can finally open my mouth and say something. The guy can really be a cocky S.O.B. for sure...

*I don't even care if I lost in the semifinals next week. I just want to win this playoff match-up and that would be considered my Super Bowl if I weren't able to make it to the final week.

DeadlyDynasty
12-13-2010, 09:53 PM
Victory! AP gonna need 25+ points in the 4th for me to lose :lol

money money moneyyyyyyyyy

Brodie Bruce
12-14-2010, 08:16 AM
Congrats DD. I'm off my bye and into the semis, want to run some roster decisions by you real quick for my big matchup this week.

My QB and WR positions are pretty much set. Vick, Reggie Wayne and Deion Branch. I'm probably going to play Ochocinco at the swing position because I don't have a 3rd RB worth a damn (or a 2nd for that matter). Do you think that's a solid play at the swing position? My other option would be Donald Driver but Rodgers is prob going to sit with a concussion so I don't like that play. I also have Mike Thomas who has been Jacksonville's best receiver but I don't like his matchup against Indy at home in must win mode.

RB is where it gets messy. Steve Jackson gets the start in the No. 1 spot but I can go any of several ways after that. I'm leaning toward Mike Goodson because he's been getting in the end zone and I like his matchup against Arizona. I could also easily snatch Javarris James as a FA tomorrow morning, if Indy's game last week is any indication they're probably going with him over Brown in crucial situations and definitely around the goal line. Bottom line is I'm looking for about 50 yards and a score out of my 2nd RB, who do you think is the best play for that? I also have Brandon Jackson and Marshawn Lynch, but don't like Jackson's matchup against the Pats and Lynch is inconsistent as hell. I've probably already talked myself into Goodson vs James, just can't decide.

And with DST I have the Vikings and the Browns. I like the Browns matchup on the road against the Bengals. The Vikings just got killed by the Giants and I'm not really confident in them. Both have been scoring about the same per week so I really don't care much who I start.

If anyone else wants to weigh in too that's cool.

DeadlyDynasty
12-14-2010, 01:15 PM
Congrats DD. I'm off my bye and into the semis, want to run some roster decisions by you real quick for my big matchup this week.

My QB and WR positions are pretty much set. Vick, Reggie Wayne and Deion Branch. I'm probably going to play Ochocinco at the swing position because I don't have a 3rd RB worth a damn (or a 2nd for that matter). Do you think that's a solid play at the swing position? My other option would be Donald Driver but Rodgers is prob going to sit with a concussion so I don't like that play. I also have Mike Thomas who has been Jacksonville's best receiver but I don't like his matchup against Indy at home in must win mode.

RB is where it gets messy. Steve Jackson gets the start in the No. 1 spot but I can go any of several ways after that. I'm leaning toward Mike Goodson because he's been getting in the end zone and I like his matchup against Arizona. I could also easily snatch Javarris James as a FA tomorrow morning, if Indy's game last week is any indication they're probably going with him over Brown in crucial situations and definitely around the goal line. Bottom line is I'm looking for about 50 yards and a score out of my 2nd RB, who do you think is the best play for that? I also have Brandon Jackson and Marshawn Lynch, but don't like Jackson's matchup against the Pats and Lynch is inconsistent as hell. I've probably already talked myself into Goodson vs James, just can't decide.

And with DST I have the Vikings and the Browns. I like the Browns matchup on the road against the Bengals. The Vikings just got killed by the Giants and I'm not really confident in them. Both have been scoring about the same per week so I really don't care much who I start.

If anyone else wants to weigh in too that's cool.

What up BB,
I like the pay of Ochocinco at flex this week. He's playing Cleveland and I'm guessing they're going to put Joe Haden on T.O. cause he's killing it this year. Thomas is not reliable enough due to the Jags 29th ranked passing O, and I agree on Donald Driver being a risky pick due to A-Rodg's status.

As for the RB's, stay far away from Lynch and Brandon Jackson (I cut both of them before the SB, tbh). Javarris James gets redzone touches for sure, but Goodson has looked damn good as of late and he has a favorable matchup at home against Arizona.

I'd go with Goodson and Ochocinco, tbh...you're call though. good luck brah

AnthonyM
12-14-2010, 04:06 PM
Agree with DD.

Ocho and Goodson seem like your best bet here. James, even though he scores, just doesn't get enough touches for me to rely on him. Goodson, on the other had, splits carries with Stewart, but that said he split them last week and still had a decent game against the Falcons. The Cardinals are just ridiculously bad on defense. Plus, if Carolina gets a quick lead, they'll likely keep pounding the ball with Stewart and Goodson.

Good luck.

The Gemini Method
12-14-2010, 04:09 PM
Congrats, DD!

I managed to win by 55 pts over my playoff opponent and therefore, put the stomping to his team. I don't know if I'll beat the team I face next, but I did almost beat him only to fall short by like 7 pts.

Brodie Bruce
12-14-2010, 05:33 PM
What up BB,
I like the pay of Ochocinco at flex this week. He's playing Cleveland and I'm guessing they're going to put Joe Haden on T.O. cause he's killing it this year. Thomas is not reliable enough due to the Jags 29th ranked passing O, and I agree on Donald Driver being a risky pick due to A-Rodg's status.

As for the RB's, stay far away from Lynch and Brandon Jackson (I cut both of them before the SB, tbh). Javarris James gets redzone touches for sure, but Goodson has looked damn good as of late and he has a favorable matchup at home against Arizona.

I'd go with Goodson and Ochocinco, tbh...you're call though. good luck brah

Agree with DD.

Ocho and Goodson seem like your best bet here. James, even though he scores, just doesn't get enough touches for me to rely on him. Goodson, on the other had, splits carries with Stewart, but that said he split them last week and still had a decent game against the Falcons. The Cardinals are just ridiculously bad on defense. Plus, if Carolina gets a quick lead, they'll likely keep pounding the ball with Stewart and Goodson.

Good luck.

Thanks for the 2nd opinions guys. The bright side of my matchup is I already beat this guy in the regular season and his best receiver is D-Jax so I'll get some watered-down points for Vick if Jackson scores. Going with Goodson and Ocho. I think considering James for anyone in a deep league is legit but for me I don't like starting two players on the same team anyway.

Might also consider picking up the Pats' Gronkowski at TE and playing him over Dustin Keller. As a Jets fan I have faith in them to turn it around on offense but Sanchez is definitely struggling and Gronkowski has been getting into the endzone more than Keller lately, but it all goes back to my penchant for not playing two guys on the same team (I'm starting Branch at WR). Probably sticking with Keller. My league is PPR so if I can get 8-9 points off of like 4 rec for 50 yards then I'm happy.

DeadlyDynasty
12-14-2010, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the 2nd opinions guys. The bright side of my matchup is I already beat this guy in the regular season and his best receiver is D-Jax so I'll get some watered-down points for Vick if Jackson scores. Going with Goodson and Ocho. I think considering James for anyone in a deep league is legit but for me I don't like starting two players on the same team anyway.

Might also consider picking up the Pats' Gronkowski at TE and playing him over Dustin Keller. As a Jets fan I have faith in them to turn it around on offense but Sanchez is definitely struggling and Gronkowski has been getting into the endzone more than Keller lately, but it all goes back to my penchant for not playing two guys on the same team (I'm starting Branch at WR). Probably sticking with Keller. My league is PPR so if I can get 8-9 points off of like 4 rec for 50 yards then I'm happy.

You might want to take a 2nd look at Gronkowski over Keller. Keller's been dropping passes left and right and he's playing @Pittsburgh this week. Pats are home against the Packers, and it's more than likely that Woodson (who shut down Megatron last week) will be on Branch. Tough choice, but I go with the Gronk tbh. Besides...if my TE's points depend on a QB, I like the odds of Brady throwing to him more than Sanchez.

DeadlyDynasty
12-14-2010, 05:53 PM
Congrats, DD!

I managed to win by 55 pts over my playoff opponent and therefore, put the stomping to his team. I don't know if I'll beat the team I face next, but I did almost beat him only to fall short by like 7 pts.

Good luck, broseph :tu

Brodie Bruce
12-14-2010, 08:33 PM
I'll pick up Gronk late tonight around 3am when Yahoo's servers push and he's a free agent. Most people in my league outside of the playoff teams haven't been competing since they were mathematically eliminated so it's a safe bet I don't need to use my waiver priority on him.