PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting uneasy about a pattern

101A
12-13-2010, 09:52 AM
First; Melo to the Knicks is apparently now a forgone conclusion - to join Stoudemire (Sic).

I know it was joked about on here when the NBA acquired New Orleans; that Paul could head to the Lakers; but did anyone see the stat line for assists the Hornets hung up yesterday: FOUR! NBA record low. From a team led by CPIII, who at one time got assists just for thinking about passing. Dude is devaluing quicker than a 1981 Peso. In another month or two (at the trading deadline) "filler and some picks for Paul" will be sold as plausible.

After the Gasol trade, it is obvious the league has no shame when it comes to rigging line ups; now it seems that damn near ALL marquis talent is headed to prime markets (or is already there).

Three seasons ago, the Lakers were up and coming; looking solid; then Bynum went down; creating a glaring weakness up front. That was inexplicably rectified by the most imbalanced trade in modern history - the Lakers have not missed a finals since.

The Laker's GLARING, exploitable weakness now is at Point Guard - I think the NBA is going to rectify that situation.

jacobdrj
12-13-2010, 10:07 AM
Paul isn't a 3 point threat, and can't play smart defense... He would be WORTHLESS in the triangle.

noob cake
12-13-2010, 10:20 AM
First; Melo to the Knicks is apparently now a forgone conclusion - to join Stoudemire (Sic).

I know it was joked about on here when the NBA acquired New Orleans; that Paul could head to the Lakers; but did anyone see the stat line for assists the Hornets hung up yesterday: FOUR! NBA record low. From a team led by CPIII, who at one time got assists just for thinking about passing. Dude is devaluing quicker than a 1981 Peso. In another month or two (at the trading deadline) "filler and some picks for Paul" will be sold as plausible.

After the Gasol trade, it is obvious the league has no shame when it comes to rigging line ups; now it seems that damn near ALL marquis talent is headed to prime markets (or is already there).

Three seasons ago, the Lakers were up and coming; looking solid; then Bynum went down; creating a glaring weakness up front. That was inexplicably rectified by the most imbalanced trade in modern history - the Lakers have not missed a finals since.

The Laker's GLARING, exploitable weakness now is at Point Guard - I think the NBA is going to rectify that situation.

Thank you Captain O' of the week, Paul was destined to play for the Lakers.

At least, we can all rest peacefully knowing that the Lakers' titles have always been tainted. The recent titles and final appearances, as a consequence of the Gasol trade, are no exceptions.

Jose Canseco
12-13-2010, 10:20 AM
Hard to rack up assists when players can't score. Starters not named Chris Paul went 7-for-35. Okafor went 0-for-5, Willie Green went 0-for-7. Teams don't record assists for missed shots. CP3 is still averaging 10 APG. I think him devaluing as a player is greatly exaggerated. I think the talent on his team is just starting to really show itself after a hot start.

ElNono
12-13-2010, 10:44 AM
It's just really frustrating for the actual fan of the game to see the league allow things like teams colluding, players colluding, individual players taking the league for ransom, the league getting into all sorts of shady business (buying up the Hornets), flat out lying at times (increase salary/lux cap, then :cry to the union that there's not enough money to go around).

Better enjoy basketball now, because there's going to be a huge lockout after this season is over.

Cry Havoc
12-13-2010, 11:01 AM
It's just really frustrating for the actual fan of the game to see the league allow things like teams colluding, players colluding, individual players taking the league for ransom, the league getting into all sorts of shady business (buying up the Hornets), flat out lying at times (increase salary/lux cap, then :cry to the union that there's not enough money to go around).

Better enjoy basketball now, because there's going to be a huge lockout after this season is over.

Whoever wins the title this year might be reigning champs for 2-3 years... :depressed