PDA

View Full Version : Rasho for Dalembert?

Boo
05-26-2005, 04:44 PM
Is it possible we could trade Rasho for Dalembert??

I've seen Dalembert, and he's really athletic and skilled, it would be nice to have him.

ALVAREZ6
05-26-2005, 04:47 PM
Hell hell hell no. The Sixers aren't giving up Sammy D for rasho...

MannyIsGod
05-26-2005, 04:47 PM
I realize everyone here has to kill time inbetween games, but the trade Rasho shit is getting old. He's more than likely staying in a silver and black uni.

OnlyOneGinobili
05-26-2005, 04:48 PM
now thats a good trade, Dalembert is a young guy, and he would learn from the best (timmy d) But phili would want more than just rasho, money, barry?

Useruser666
05-26-2005, 04:49 PM
I realize everyone here has to kill time inbetween games, but the trade Rasho shit is getting old. He's more than likely staying in a silver and black uni.

Ok, then what other teams have silver and black in their uniforms? :lol

sa_butta
05-26-2005, 04:50 PM
I realize everyone here has to kill time inbetween games, but the trade Rasho shit is getting old. He's more than likely staying in a silver and black uni.why is everyone so quick to try to get rid of him?
Just because Nazr is playing better.
I still think Rasho will be back next year, maybe only as a backup but really the guy is not that bad.

sa_butta
05-26-2005, 04:51 PM
Ok, then what other teams have silver and black in their uniforms? :lolRaiders.
Rasho to play football next season:lol

ladiesman
05-26-2005, 04:52 PM
Raiders.
Rasho to play football next season:lol

he will be a good place kicker....

spurschick
05-26-2005, 04:55 PM

I agree. Pop has always said that Rasho never gets the credit he deserves and some say that he is one of Pop's favorite players on the team because he works so hard. Nazr has obviously proved to be the guy that we needed for the playoffs, but Rasho played a big part in the success of the regular season and we shouldn't forget that.

Useruser666
05-26-2005, 04:58 PM
I agree. Pop has always said that Rasho never gets the credit he deserves and some say that he is one of Pop's favorite players on the team because he works so hard. Nazr has obviously proved to be the guy that we needed for the playoffs, but Rasho played a big part in the success of the regular season and we shouldn't forget that.

A good used carsalesmen never tells you what's wrong with the car.

JUUOT
05-26-2005, 05:02 PM
maybee timvp was more close to the truth:

rasho will stay but scola will not come.

nazr starting, and rasho as first big man of the bench with horry and a rookie to complete.
so now let's imagine trading scola'right.
do you think of any good swingman defense minded we could get for these rights

spurschick
05-26-2005, 05:04 PM
maybee timvp was more close to the truth:

rasho will stay but scola will not come.

nazr starting, and rasho as first big man of the bench with horry and a rookie to complete.
so now let's imagine trading scola'right.
do you think of any good swingman defense minded we could get for these rights

I think Scola will be that rookie. He's perfect as a backup 4.

angel_luv
05-26-2005, 05:17 PM
but Rasho played a big part in the success of the regular season and we shouldn't forget that.

Spurschick is absolutely right. Listen to her.

OnlyOneGinobili
05-26-2005, 05:35 PM
Scola is polished, and he would fit like a glove on our team, and thats scary.

picnroll
05-26-2005, 05:39 PM
Not that a Rasho - Dalembert deal would ever come to pass but I read somewhere that Dalembert doesn't really want to stay in Philly and would prefer a city with weather more like his native Haiti. Don't know how much truth there is to that.

angel_luv
05-26-2005, 05:43 PM
Alvie, you and I need to double team and fight this trade centers nonsense. What are they doing to us?

ChumpDumper
05-26-2005, 05:44 PM
Trade talk is fine - we should be more realistic though.

angel_luv
05-26-2005, 05:50 PM
No trade talk that includes Rasho is fine.
Just say no, Pop!

SpursFanDan
05-26-2005, 05:52 PM
I'm sure rasho will stay where he is... atleast I hope he does.

ChumpDumper
05-26-2005, 05:55 PM
No trade talk that includes Rasho is fine.I would also tell you to be realistic, and this is coming from someone who has supported Rasho here the past two seasons. Relax though - it wouldn't happen for awhile.

mookie2001
05-26-2005, 05:59 PM
well medvendenko did say the lakers are trading odom and butler for ron artest and j o'neal

ducks
05-26-2005, 06:00 PM
Scola is polished, and he would fit like a glove on our team, and thats scary.

sorry scola is not polished as a nba player
he still has room to improve on in rebounding

MaNuMaNiAc
05-26-2005, 06:16 PM
sorry scola is not polished as a nba player
he still has room to improve on in rebounding
yeah, well if noone ever brings him, then he'll never improve will he? I think the kid has potential to be a phenomenal player, its just a matter of giving him a chance. Plus you've got Manu here, who is used to playing with Scola and can help him get aquainted fast. I really think the spurs should resign Horry though, so I don't know if its possible to have both.

OnlyOneGinobili
05-26-2005, 06:20 PM
yeah, well if noone ever brings him, then he'll never improve will he? I think the kid has potential to be a phenomenal player, its just a matter of giving him a chance. Plus you've got Manu here, who is used to playing with Scola and can help him get aquainted fast. I really think the spurs should resign Horry though, so I don't know if its possible to have both.
Thank You, I didnt mean he was going to come to the nba and become the mvp that year.

xcoriate
05-26-2005, 06:55 PM
I think trade proposals are good but please attempt to mke them work and be even.

Rasho for Dalambert??

So Philly trades away there young talented athletic centre for our aging defence and nothing else Rasho? No.

There was someone else that suggested we shopuld trade Rasho for Elton Brand!!! I mean Brand is a borderline all star and in the east he might make it every year.

If your going to come up with a trade you need to give something up for something of value and it has to improve both teams in some way, cap situation, chemistry something. BOTH teams have to want it.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-26-2005, 07:06 PM
Rasho played a big part in the success of the regular season and we shouldn't forget that.

Look, I like Rasho's defense, and I concur with Pop when he commented that most people don't appreciate what he did for us on the boards and on D.

That said, Nazr has been with this team three months and is already better suited to the Spurs than Rasho at this point. With the experience that the rest of this post-season will bring him, coupled with a summer of working with the Spurs coaching staff I expect the gap to grow significantly between the two, particularly in Nazr's understanding of the Spurs defensive system.

Given that, Rasho will be seeing the court about as much as he is now, which won't justify his salary.

And like I've pointed out elsewhere, the Spurs need a long, athletic Bowen replacement at the SF and there's over 20 teams out there who would love to have a big man like Rasho.

The only conclusion for those willing to look at the big picture (particularly if Scola comes over), that all points to a trade.

It sucks for the Rasho lovers, but it's probably going to be reality if not this summer then as the trade deadline approaches next spring.

SequSpur
05-26-2005, 07:12 PM
Realistically, Rasho is worth about a six pack of Lone Star Beer.

ambchang
05-26-2005, 07:23 PM
I just couldn't understand the Rasho bashing. Once he gets into the game, the defense gets significantly better, he rotates well on defense, he clogs the lane, and he set good screens on the other end of the court. The problem seems to be his mobility, in that he doesn't really .... well ... move on the court.

Dingle Barry
05-26-2005, 07:29 PM
I just couldn't understand the Rasho bashing.......he doesn't really .... well ... move on the court.

That's kind of....well...necessary.

Guru of Nothing
05-26-2005, 09:33 PM
IIRC, Dalembert is a free-agent. Not sure how the new abor agreement will shake out, but I'm sure he will an attractive offer from somebody, like say Atlanta.

Pandaemonaeon
05-26-2005, 10:08 PM
Dalembert is a BYC player, so it'll be hard, if not possible, to do a sign-and-trade.

http://img280.echo.cx/img280/9500/pandafish2jp.gif

TDMVPDPOY
05-27-2005, 12:48 AM
trade rasho to grizz for posey and a scrub center

T Park
05-27-2005, 12:58 AM
trade rasho to grizz for posey and a scrub center

I dont want any part of James Posey, now Shane Battier I would go for.

Rasho for Dalembert is a pipe dream, that would never go down, that would be an unbelieveably amazing trade for the SPurs.

That being said, hell either be traded for a SF, or just draft picks.

JLH Fans
05-27-2005, 02:45 AM
I don't think that too many teams need Rasho for so much money....
But....How about Rasho for Dunleavy?(sign&trade)Spurs need someoone to be Bowen's replacemant for about 20 min.
He's still young,have a room to develop.The GSW is depsrate fo find a C.Foyle is everything but a starting C.
It would benefit for both teams IMO.

baraya
05-27-2005, 02:52 AM
iīm quite sure that rasho will start 82 games in regular season next year. - if he will stay healthy.

this season was somehow bad for him.. he wasnīt able to find himself, and then his injury. but donīt be surprised to see him rise next season.. maybe he will realise that he hasnīt reach everything, and will try to play better, and not just help timmy all the time..

Horry For 3!
05-27-2005, 03:30 AM
There is no way that the 76ers would trade Dalembert, they made that clear earlier this year before the trade deadline. They wanted to keep their rising young talent there in Philly. I'm not sure if Rasho will be traded or not but he hasn't produced as well as we thought he would. I wouldn't be suprised if he is traded either.

ChumpDumper
05-27-2005, 05:09 AM
He's still young,have a room to develop.The GSW is depsrate fo find a C.Foyle is everything but a starting C.GS is going to be giving Andris Biedrins alot of pt to develop into their starting center. They don't need another center that costs almost as much as Foyle.

JLH Fans
05-27-2005, 05:50 AM
GS is going to be giving Andris Biedrins alot of pt to develop into their starting center. They don't need another center that costs almost as much as Foyle.
U never know what Mullin wants...
They didn't need Foyle as well..Last year.And they even sign Fisher for their MLE.Ridicolous.
Rasho is still more better than Foyle and Andris,and they don't need Dunleavy as well,cause Pietrus will start.

picnroll
05-27-2005, 07:06 AM
Biendrins played VERY well as a 19 yo rookie. GS doesn't need a center. They'd probably be happy to swap Foyle for Rasho though. Only Sequ would make that deal.

Fouled Out
05-27-2005, 07:18 AM
Well it is true someone making that much money sitting on the bench, Rasho in this case, you can get 2 more players for his salary. Sorry Dude, nothing personal just business.

ChumpDumper
05-27-2005, 07:40 AM
U never know what Mullin wants.I know he wants to keep his job.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-27-2005, 08:10 AM
iīm quite sure that rasho will start 82 games in regular season next year.

I'm quite sure he won't. He's healthy now, and can't sniff the court.

spur219
05-27-2005, 08:25 AM
The Sixers won't let go of Dalembert. Especially now that Maurice Cheeks their now. Dalembert has great potential and is a lot more talented than Rasho. But if it can be done I say the Spurs should pull the trigger.

TDMVPDPOY
05-27-2005, 08:53 AM
trade rasho to portland for their center PRY**** we get a young center who knows how to play defense and has sum areas could be improve...plus he comes cheap

angel_luv
05-27-2005, 09:01 AM
Sorry Dude, nothing personal just business.

You know what? I am sick to death of that idiotic saying. All someone means when they say that is it is not personal to THEM.

Fouled Out
05-27-2005, 11:14 AM
You know what? I am sick to death of that idiotic saying. All someone means when they say that is it is not personal to THEM.

Hey, Man If he is not doing the job Beat it!! Look at Nazi, not even 1 year with the Spurs and he is doing alot more than Rasho, You got that

waly.mg
05-27-2005, 11:19 AM
Rasho X Malik Rose

3 Ring Timmy
05-27-2005, 11:52 AM
I say keep this Whole team intact.Rasho is defensive presence in the paint,and rebounder.And now more important a insurance policy,for double gimpy ankled timmy.http://www.thecegroupsa.com/gallery2.htm

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-27-2005, 11:59 AM
I think Rasho's getting a raw deal around here. We've played three undersized running teams in the playoffs, so Rasho's been sitting since Nazr is faster. If the seeds had fallen right the Spurs could have played the Rockets, where I sure as hell know that the Spurs would have been thrilled to have Rasho. And if the Spurs advance to the finals he's going to be important regardless of who they face because the Pistons don't run nearly as much and Rasho is terrific in guarding the paint in the half court. And if the Heat go to the finals then the Spurs will need every big body they can get their hands on to throw at Shaq. Rasho's not going anywhere, and if and when the Spurs go the finals I'll be sure to bookmark this thread to see who jumps to the other side of the fence in the great Rasho debate.

Fouled Out
05-27-2005, 12:28 PM
I am going to keep my eye on him. Then we will see at the end where he stands

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-27-2005, 12:37 PM
Why do people want to keep trading him for positions we're deep at?

Over 20 teams in this league need a center. The only weakness in the two deep of the Spurs is at SF.

You dangle Rasho for a SF.

mookie2001
05-27-2005, 01:04 PM
it is lame that people just discuss any trade no matter how likely or possible financially

but how about rasho for loul deng
that would be awesome

Useruser666
05-27-2005, 01:10 PM
I don't think we need Rasho because he can maybe guard other seven footers. How many bigs are out there that worry the Spurs? Shaq maybe in the finals and Yao somewhat? That's not really worth it.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-27-2005, 05:58 PM
Deng is one of the ones I mentioned in my original post about trade possibilities.

I think Chicago would be willing to talk depending on what kind of a price tag they get hit with for Curry and Chandler.

I don't think you could go wrong with him or Nocioni.

JLH Fans
05-27-2005, 06:04 PM
Why do people want to keep trading him for positions we're deep at?

Over 20 teams in this league need a center. The only weakness in the two deep of the Spurs is at SF.

You dangle Rasho for a SF.
That's why I mentioned Dunleavy.
But IMO SAS won' trade Rasho he 's maybe POp's most favourite player.

Boo
05-27-2005, 06:27 PM
I live in CAL and I personally think Dunleavy sucks. Sometime he can shoot, and other times he SUCKS. so no dunleavy please.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-27-2005, 07:10 PM
Dunleavy is a scrub. The only reason he isn't out of the league is because he is tall and has "potential."

One day he'll retire, and people will still be talking about his "potential."

angel_luv
05-27-2005, 07:25 PM
Hey, Man If he is not doing the job Beat it!! Look at Nazi, not even 1 year with the Spurs and he is doing alot more than Rasho, You got that

I'm not worried about it. Rasho's got Pop's vote- the one that counts.