PDA

View Full Version : JJ Barea..

HarlemHeat37
12-13-2010, 11:02 PM
I know Mav fans like to shit on him all the time, but does everybody realize just how bad he has been?..I finally looked up his numbers for the first time, and I don't know if I've ever seen anybody play worse than him..

He's shooting 37% from the field, but still takes 7.5 shots per game..
He's shooting a historically bad 13.5%:wow from 3s, yet he still takes 2 per game..

His adjusted +/- is -18, which is in the top 5 worst in the entire NBA:lol..

I actually had to look at multiple websites to make sure these weren't mistakes by the websites..

He gets 20 MPG, too, pretty scary..

Ghazi
12-13-2010, 11:03 PM
When French Jesus comes back I expect Barea to be out of the rotation entirely..

Ace
12-13-2010, 11:09 PM
He's really the only guard they have that can penetrate the opposing D. Roddy looked good but I haven't seen much of him, so no comment there.

#41 Shoot Em Up
12-13-2010, 11:11 PM
He's really the only guard they have that can penetrate the opposing D. Roddy looked good but I haven't seen much of him, so no comment there.

Exactly, until the Mavs get another player who can penetrate JJ will see his 20 a game

sribb43
12-13-2010, 11:19 PM
He is the man reason why the mavs play zone so much. Also, he will always get PT as long as Carlisle is the coach.

j.dizzle
12-13-2010, 11:21 PM
JJ probably has some nude pics of Carlise & will post them on the internet if he doesnt get atleast 15-20 minutes a game hahaha

Pillow Pants
12-13-2010, 11:24 PM
When French Jesus comes back I expect Barea to be out of the rotation entirely..

Carlisle would sooner choke to death on a dick salad than stop playing Barea.

sribb43
12-13-2010, 11:26 PM

Rick will probably play a 4 guard lineup bc JJB must play

ElNono
12-13-2010, 11:33 PM
No surprise Dirk, Kidd and JT had to go to coach and ask him to start Stevenson back in Nov. I'm sure Rick already had JJ penciled in as a starter back then... He's the Spur's Bonner, tbqh

Shank
12-14-2010, 12:31 AM
He makes me miss Antoine Rigadeau.

crc21209
12-14-2010, 12:36 AM
He always looks like he's ballhogging out there to me, which in turn jacks up the offense at times...

hater
12-14-2010, 09:15 AM
I know Mav fans like to shit on him all the time, but does everybody realize just how bad he has been?..I finally looked up his numbers for the first time, and I don't know if I've ever seen anybody play worse than him..

He's shooting a historically bad 13.5%:wow from 3s, yet he still takes 2 per game..

yet he plays like Pistol Pete Maravich when he plays the Spurs. That's why they keep him, to play the Spurs.

WeNeedLength
12-14-2010, 10:35 AM
yet he plays like Pistol Pete Maravich when he plays the Spurs. That's why they keep him, to play the Spurs.

THIS. :lol

cheguevara
12-14-2010, 10:35 AM
sad that this little shit is actually one of the mavs tougher players

Killakobe81
12-14-2010, 02:00 PM
Harlem I'm, I'm not knocking you for doing the research but this is another case where anyone that knows ball, doesnt need the "stats" to see that he has been dreadful.

Mavs fans on here, on sports talk radio and around town ...have been "KILLING" JJ for what he brings ...err takes off the table. Even his supporters realize he is playing too much minutes for a Western contender.

TBH Artest the past two weeks has been just as atrocious but at least he plays great defense ...

Roddy Beaubois
12-14-2010, 02:08 PM
TBH Artest the past two weeks has been just as atrocious but at least he plays great defense ...

Thats the worst thing about Barea. He combines his historically bad offense with maybe the worst perimeter defense in the league. His only redeeming quality on defense is that he can draw the occasional offensive foul, which results in Bob Ortegal having an orgasm on the air.

Darkwaters
12-14-2010, 02:28 PM

I actually had to look at multiple websites to make sure these weren't mistakes by the websites..

He gets 20 MPG, too, pretty scary..

Wow that sucks. But his team is winning and playing some mad good basketball. You can't complain with the results...even if JJ is just an anchor weighing them down.

sribb43
12-14-2010, 04:38 PM
Imagine how good the mavs would be if JJ never saw he floor...atleast in the regular season

Shank
12-14-2010, 05:07 PM
I ask this - what does Barea do well?

clambake
12-14-2010, 05:10 PM

he misses his shots very well.

Cry Havoc
12-14-2010, 05:12 PM
Harlem I'm, I'm not knocking you for doing the research but this is another case where anyone that knows ball, doesnt need the "stats" to see that he has been dreadful.

Mavs fans on here, on sports talk radio and around town ...have been "KILLING" JJ for what he brings ...err takes off the table. Even his supporters realize he is playing too much minutes for a Western contender.

Stats can help paint a more vivid picture than just stating that he sucks.

Personally, I'm amazed that Barea even made it into the league. I mean, you have to give him props. He's a short, skinny white kid who isn't fast, doesn't shoot very well, is a huge liability on defense, and has slightly above average court vision (well, he does against the Spurs) and yet he's playing in the NBA.

It's amazing that he's taken what he has, and parlayed that into an actual career, getting meaningful minutes on one of the best teams in basketball, no less. :lol

HarlemHeat37
12-14-2010, 05:42 PM
I didn't need stats to realize Barea sucks..I was just pointing it out, because he's putting up historically bad numbers..

I also didn't claim that Bosh > Amare, in fact, I clearly said Amare > Bosh before the season, DOK..

kamikazi_player
12-14-2010, 05:48 PM
Will someone already approve the Dirk's tounge troll? :lol he's been here for the past few weeks lurking and I want to see what he's capable of.

MavDynasty
12-14-2010, 08:43 PM
Will someone already approve the Dirk's tounge troll? :lol he's been here for the past few weeks lurking and I want to see what he's capable of.

:tu tbh

and Barea fucking blows. At times he is the only mavs slashing threat but for the good he brings, the bad outweighs it x1000

and his t rex arms can't defend for shit and the only thing he has going for him on defense is the occasional charge. The guys a hard worker and is a nice locker room guy but he's just so physically outmatched he can't do shit