PDA

View Full Version : Great Site, Great Fans

Catharsis
05-26-2005, 05:12 PM
For those of you who haven't noticed, I've been lurking around here the last week or two reading your insights into this series between the Spurs and Suns. I'm a Suns fan, but I wanted to express my regards and overall impressed feelings at the quality site and fans you seem to have. I know every team has the complete homer who wants to cheer for his or her team, but many of you bring a great deal of knowledge and experience to these discussions. While I hope my Suns can pull off a miracle for the ages, I look forward to sticking around if the Spurs finish it off. San Antonio has always had a quality team, I just never realized the quality of supports.

Good luck and thanks for going easy on me. With that, Joe Johnson's going to make this thing interesting! :blah

tlongII
05-26-2005, 05:18 PM
I agree that this is a great site, but I would never compliment their fans.

Spurs Biggest Fan
05-26-2005, 05:27 PM
Well thank you kindly, and as I posted in another forum -- I have to tip my hat off to the Suns... they have great talent -- and I just love Steve Nash... even when he was with the Mavs.

He is just so humble and I am happy he got the MVP... I would've been disgusted if they had given it to Shaq.

You never know what can happen -- look at the Red Sox :)

I think the Suns get one on our floor and JJ will def give us a run for our money -- but I just don't see your Suns winning 4 out of 5 games. Hope that doesn't happen... but like I said before -- you just never know.

Welcome to the site and glad to hear you'll be cheering for the Spurs if indeed we move on.

It's been a heck of a season for you all and deserve all your accolades.

If next year you all can muster up some solid defense, the team will be that much better.

Take care and good luck.

Ishta
05-26-2005, 05:35 PM

ok...then why do you come here? it's run by fans pretty much

ALVAREZ6
05-26-2005, 05:36 PM
ok...then why do you come here? it's run by fans pretty much
I was thinking the same thing...what a cool guy...spends all his time talkin to people he doesn't like...

2centsworth
05-26-2005, 05:37 PM
Does your brain damage allow you to see how the above is a contradiction?

angel_luv
05-26-2005, 06:14 PM

Can't live with us and can't live without us can you?

MaNuMaNiAc
05-26-2005, 06:19 PM
For those of you who haven't noticed, I've been lurking around her the last week or two reading your insights into this series between the Spurs and Suns. I'm a Suns fan, but I wanted to express my regards and overall impressed feelings at the quality site and fans you seem to have. I know every team has the complete homer who wants to cheer for his or her team, but many of you bring a great deal of knowledge and experience to these discussions. While I hope my Suns can pull off a miracle for the ages, I look forward to sticking around if the Spurs finish it off. San Antonio has always had a quality team, I just never realized the quality of supports.

Good luck and thanks for going easy on me. With that, Joe Johnson's going to make this thing interesting! :blah
No problem man, the more (civilized) fans from other teams we can bring to this forum, the better. Its great to have a variety of opinions.

MiNuS
05-26-2005, 06:25 PM

no better compliment than this:
Position: Dominant Center
Team: Portland Trailblazers
vBookie Cash: $25

thanks!

tlongII
05-26-2005, 06:28 PM
no better compliment than this:

thanks!

Stop making fun of my vBookie cash!

MiNuS
05-26-2005, 06:34 PM
Stop making fun of my vBookie cash!

oh and you have a Spur for being an original poster of Spurtalk!!!

Hey best compliment is from another team's fan that has over
3000 posts.
I know you're a "closet fan". Your converting to a Spur fan and you know it.

5ToolMan
05-26-2005, 06:40 PM
Does your brain damage allow you to see how the above is a contradiction?

He is a Blazer Fan. Nuff said!

stéphane
05-26-2005, 06:55 PM
No problem man, the more (civilized) fans from other teams we can bring to this forum, the better. Its great to have a variety of opinions.
Ditto.
I think that some guys on this board have an as great bball IQ as Brent Barry.
(it works as a sarcasm and as a true statement).

smeagol
05-26-2005, 07:13 PM
many of you bring a great deal of knowledge and experience to these discussions
True.

And then there is me who knows shit about the game.

Thank God for the knowleadgable ones!

texbound
05-26-2005, 07:13 PM
For those of you who haven't noticed, I've been lurking around her the last week or two

Should she be worried?

Just kidding. Welcome to "the board".

This is just another example of how great Suns fans are. I hope you stay around no matter how the series turns out.

SequSpur
05-26-2005, 07:16 PM
Suns fans blow. Smeagol is right, he is lacking, and lmao @ Tbong.

Duncanoypi
05-26-2005, 07:23 PM
He is a blazer fan....Now im afraid!

Catharsis
05-26-2005, 07:47 PM
Should she be worried?

Just kidding. Welcome to "the board".

This is just another example of how great Suns fans are. I hope you stay around no matter how the series turns out.

Hehe, oops! That's for another thread, another time.

DayTripper
05-26-2005, 09:18 PM
While I hope my Suns can pull off a miracle for the ages, I look forward to sticking around if the Spurs finish it off. San Antonio has always had a quality team, I just never realized the quality of supports.

Lots of us have been talking about what a class act the Suns are and what a welcome relief it's been not to hear all the whinin' and cryin' and poutin' we've had to listen to during the last two series! Your team is gonna go far, for sure - but I hope it isn't this year!

In the meantime, I like your posts!

LakerGod
05-26-2005, 11:52 PM
I agree with tlongII, there are many arrogant mermaid fans in here, I like this site but the majority of their fans are blind homers with rose colored glasses who think the mermaids are the best team ever....

I'll give the the mermaids a couple of years before they disappear from the NBA radar.

spurschick
05-27-2005, 12:00 AM
I agree with tlongII, there are many arrogant mermaid fans in here, I like this site but the majority of their fans are blind homers with rose colored glasses who think the mermaids are the best team ever....

I'll give the the mermaids a couple of years before they disappear from the NBA radar.

Interesting that this comes from someone who's team didn't make the playoffs this year.

LakerGod
05-27-2005, 12:07 AM
Interesting that this comes from someone who's team didn't make the playoffs this year.
I'm not worried because The Lakers have had much more playoff appearances than the spursies ....by far... :lol

spurschick
05-27-2005, 12:11 AM
I'm not worried because The Lakers have had much more playoff appearances than the spursies ....by far... :lol

Let's see... last year you got swept in the finals with a team that was supposedly the best ever, and this year you're not there at all. Did you mention something about falling off the NBA radar?

Obi wan Ginobili
05-27-2005, 12:13 AM
Tlong used to have a ton of vBookie cash... but his team's $5000 a day drug habit cut into it quick.

LakerGod
05-27-2005, 12:26 AM
Let's see... last year you got swept in the finals with a team that was supposedly the best ever, and this year you're not there at all. Did you mention something about falling off the NBA radar?
Swept?

Ha! You didn't watch the Finals did you?

T Park
05-27-2005, 12:29 AM
should have been swept is the key term.

Once again.

Ignore this clown above and he will go away.

LakerGod
05-27-2005, 12:45 AM
should have been swept is the key term.

Once again.

Ignore this clown above and he will go away.

:lol @ this dork ^

Wahhhhh wahhhhh wahhhhh

typical mermaid fan....

spurschick
05-27-2005, 09:34 AM
Swept?

You're right... I didn't really watch the finals, except for the last few minutes of game 5 so that I could see Kobe cry like the little bitch that he is. So, you didn't get "swept", but you did get your future hall of fame team asses handed to you.

ladiesman
05-27-2005, 09:38 AM
Swept?

They are the first team to loose the 5 games in the championship series...

MadDog73
05-27-2005, 09:45 AM
LakerGod and Tlong II are just jealous. They see the future of the NBA is the Spurs, and they are not happy about it.

Hey, LakerGod, what is the LA Laker's Finals winning % again? Oh, yeah a measly 39%. Losers. Spurs are 100% in their Finals!!!

Now, Catharisis, it's great having you on board. I'm actually scared of JJ returning, not b/c of his offense, but because of his defense. Looking forward to Saturday!

Extra Stout
05-27-2005, 10:46 AM
This year the opposing fans and journalists have gotten smarter each playoff round.

Denver -- ignorant playa hatas who only watch the Nugs because the Avs are locked out.
Seattle -- thuggish and hateful, though spirited. Philly fan West.
Phoenix -- smart, thoughtful, heads screwed on straight, surprisingly rational.

Unfortunately, Suns fan in the next year or two is going to be bombarded with a bunch of bandwagoning morons switching allegiance from the Lakers and Mavericks. We should enjoy this while it lasts.

bigbendbruisebrother
05-27-2005, 12:18 PM
Can't live with us and can't live without us can you?

Pass the beer nuts, Woody.