PDA

View Full Version : HEY Chris Paul you don't want to be here? then get the FU*K OUT!!!

BRHornet45
12-14-2010, 12:06 AM
sons I am over this has been. Chris Paul represents the best example of why fans should never put players before their team. Its the logo on the front of the jersey that matters the most, not the name on the back. Chris Paul gave the Hornets three outstanding years and was immediately rewarded for it with a 4 year, $68 million contract after only being in the NBA for 3 years. Halfway through year one of his new contract he got injured and missed the rest of that season with the exception of a couple bullshit games. We then start hearing rumblings about how Paul is unhappy and possibly wants out. All of this coming after the Hornets had put solid, playoff teams on the floor and making the playoffs both of the previous two seasons. Paul gladly signed that $68 million contract, only to play for half a season and then bitch about wanting to play with Melo in NY or wherever the fuck.

Now look at how far he has fallen this season. He is averaging a career low shot attempts per game and looks bored out of his mind just going through the motions. Say what you want about the Hornets now as they are 14-10, but this is a team that started the season 8-0 and are still a legit playoff contending team. The problem is Chris Paul plain and simple and those who still back this guy by making ridiculous excuses for him are just blind. No one is expecting him to drop 30 and 15 every night, but we do expect him to live up to his "elite" player status and hell at least put forth SOME kind of effort to look like he is giving 100% instead of just lolly gagging around. Oh and to also not blatantly QUIT on his team when times are tough.

sons I'm just convinced that Paul wants out and is taking the year "off" by half ass performing. He doesn't want to risk getting injured yet again by playing for a team that he no longer wants to play on. I have never once seen Paul look scared to death to score and pass up at least 10 open looks every single game like he is doing this season. I don't care if you're playing on a team you don't want to be on ... you signed that contract and you're not hesitating to accept that $68 million therefor you should be putting forth your best effort regardless, but hey that's American raised professional athletes for you! so Paul if you want out please just get the fuck out and take your slap dick, douche bag of a brother with you. Thank you for your first 4 years of outstanding play, but damn what a disappointment you have become...

ALVAREZ6
12-14-2010, 12:09 AM
not gonna read all of that bullshit but you can't blame Chris Paul for wanting to leave such a shitty team....Chris Paul leaving would have similar effects we are seeing as Lebron has left Cleveland.

Cleveland is now the worst team in the league.

Voice of Reason
12-14-2010, 12:11 AM
sons I am over this has been. Chris Paul represents the best example of why fans should never put players before their team. Its the logo on the front of the jersey that matters the most, not the name on the back. Chris Paul gave the Hornets three outstanding years and was immediately rewarded for it with a 4 year, $68 million contract after only being in the NBA for 3 years. Halfway through year one of his new contract he got injured and missed the rest of that season with the exception of a couple bullshit games. We then start hearing rumblings about how Paul is unhappy and possibly wants out. All of this coming after the Hornets had put solid, playoff teams on the floor and making the playoffs both of the previous two seasons. Paul gladly signed that $68 million contract, only to play for half a season and then bitch about wanting to play with Melo in NY or wherever the fuck.

Now look at how far he has fallen this season. He is averaging a career low shot attempts per game and looks bored out of his mind just going through the motions. Say what you want about the Hornets now as they are 14-10, but this is a team that started the season 8-0 and are still a legit playoff contending team. The problem is Chris Paul plain and simple and those who still back this guy by making ridiculous excuses for him are just blind. No one is expecting him to drop 30 and 15 every night, but we do expect him to live up to his "elite" player status and hell at least put forth SOME kind of effort to look like he is giving 100% instead of just lolly gagging around. Oh and to also not blatantly QUIT on his team when times are tough.

sons I'm just convinced that Paul wants out and is taking the year "off" by half ass performing. He doesn't want to risk getting injured yet again by playing for a team that he no longer wants to play on. I have never once seen Paul look scared to death to score and pass up at least 10 open looks every single game like he is doing this season. I don't care if you're playing on a team you don't want to be on ... you signed that contract and you're not hesitating to accept that $68 million therefor you should be putting forth your best effort regardless, but hey that's American raised professional athletes for you! so Paul if you want out please just get the fuck out and take your slap dick, douche bag of a brother with you. Thank you for your first 4 years of outstanding play, but damn what a disappointment you have become...

http://i399.photobucket.com/albums/pp71/wzup2008/311s40x.gif

BRHornet45
12-14-2010, 12:14 AM
You can tell he's tanking.

ElNono
12-14-2010, 12:14 AM
45 days ago....

son King Paul has a chip on his shoulder this season. He received the "Wade-Treatment" last season ... get hurt and all of a sudden you're no longer the best at your position anymore. well he straight up pulled his black dick out tonight and beat the Spurs with it.

BRHornet45
12-14-2010, 12:18 AM
45 days ago....

son he had us all fooled. I'm not ashamed to admit that he even had me fooled. You want to give your players the benefit of the doubt, but foolish me. This has all been crashing down over the last 4-5 weeks. I want you to watch Paul play 2 or 3 games in a row (not just when they play the Spurs) and then you tell me if I'm wrong. He is not the same player that he once was AT ALL ... and I am truly beginning to believe that he's holding back and halfass performing on purpose.

ElNono
12-14-2010, 12:30 AM
I agree. I think it's beyond whatever injury he had.

rayjayjohnson
12-14-2010, 12:32 AM
tell em, BR.

feel almost 100% the same about melo and the nuggets. except the having a good start to the season

crc21209
12-14-2010, 12:34 AM
I guess his reign as "King Paul" is over for BR...:lol

#41 Shoot Em Up
12-14-2010, 12:35 AM
BR in breakdown mode lol

Chieflion
12-14-2010, 12:36 AM
King Paul to Prince Paul to Chris Paul to Chris Copperfield to Get the fuck out Chris Paul.

fevertrees
12-14-2010, 12:37 AM
Cosigned to hell and back on this, but it would be nice to bump this thread 4 months later when Paul starts averaging 20/12 again on a daily basis! I am just dreaming though...

demosthenes247
12-14-2010, 12:47 AM
Seriously, he is ruining my fantasy team. He needs to be traded asap.

Cry Havoc
12-14-2010, 12:50 AM
Gotta feel sorry for basketball fans in New Orleans.

At least you guys got the Saints. They could go to the SB again with how weak the NFC is this year.

LnGrrrR
12-14-2010, 12:52 AM
http://i399.photobucket.com/albums/pp71/wzup2008/311s40x.gif

Frigging Glen Davis :lmao

j.dizzle
12-14-2010, 12:55 AM
BR with the goods. Ive only seen like 1 or 2 Hornet games this season & CP3 wasnt even looking to score. I watched the Clippers game & dude flat out passed up wide open shots to players like Ariza when his team needed points badly lmao.

Pelicans78
12-14-2010, 01:14 AM
Co-signed. CP3 definitely is not playing like Westbrook, Rose, and D-Will. Should have kept Collison and traded CP3 with Okafor in the offseason. He's definitely quit on this team.

BRHornet45
12-14-2010, 01:17 AM
BR with the goods. Ive only seen like 1 or 2 Hornet games this season & CP3 wasnt even looking to score. I watched the Clippers game & dude flat out passed up wide open shots to players like Ariza when his team needed points badly lmao.

son that Clipper game had one of the most embarrassing moments of Paul's career in it (if not THE most embarrassing) ... it was late in the 4th quarter and the Hornets desperately needed a basket, there was about 14 seconds left on the shot clock and Paul had a mismatch with Blake Griffin at the top of the key. He was dribbling around crossing Griffin over numerous times and passed up at least 3 great shot opportunities only to kick the ball out to a guarded Trevor Ariza behind the 3pt line with only 1 second remaining on the shot clock that resulted in a violation. It sucks seeing Paul doing this. I just hope its not on purpose.

fevertrees
12-14-2010, 01:21 AM
It sucks seeing Paul doing this. I just hope its not on purpose.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:TMyr50RjdmjUIM:http://images.dailyradar.com/media/uploads/ballhype/story_large/2009/03/26/amare.jpg&t=1

http://www.delishnybakery.com/images/new_york/madison_square_garden.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u296/emotionless2007/cpflop.gif

SpursDynasty85
12-14-2010, 02:05 AM
I don't know about you guys but If Chris Paul is leading the league in PER, then I would say he's definitely doing something right. Hollinger's statistics are perfect, but a high PER means your doing most the work in the game. Looking at his prior ratings, his system seems pretty accurate.

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics

SpursDynasty85
12-14-2010, 02:05 AM
*aren't

DJB
12-14-2010, 02:11 AM
BR, I thought you guys were supposed to win it all this year?

jestersmash
12-14-2010, 02:16 AM
I don't know about you guys but If Chris Paul is leading the league in PER, then I would say he's definitely doing something right. Hollinger's statistics are perfect, but a high PER means your doing most the work in the game. Looking at his prior ratings, his system seems pretty accurate.

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics

That's because CP3 actually plays like an elite point guard for 3 quarters. It's his 4th quarters that are the problem, and it's not necessarily poor shooting - it's the fact that he's straight up deferring shots to lesser players when it's clearly appropriate for him to take a shot.

If you look at his 4th quarter stats cumulatively, they appear to be poor at first glance (something like 2-12 shooting over a course of 5-6 games), but that figure is somewhat deceptive because in reality he's only taking a couple of shots per 4th quarters of close games and deferring the rest of his open looks to his teammates.

You'll find him go 0-1, 0-2, 1-3, etc. in 4th quarters. Cumulatively it adds up to poor shooting but that in and of itself is not the issue. The issue is deferring when deferring is thoroughly inappropriate, and that's a factor that Hollinger's PER simply doesn't account for.

The Reckoning
12-14-2010, 02:17 AM
yeah i have him and okafor on my fantasy. thought they were going to do it big this year...

he did have something like 8 rebounds tonight though lol where the fuck did that come from?

paul is averaging 16 points, 10 assists, and 3 steals per game. im content with his production, especially in steals.

okafor, on the other hand...

TE
12-14-2010, 04:24 AM
Hornets need to play the way they played earlier in the season. I think this started to change after that loss to the Spurs at home being up double digits. That loss dismantled any confidence they had.

fevertrees
12-14-2010, 04:41 AM
Hornets need to play the way they played earlier in the season. I think this started to change after that loss to the Spurs at home being up double digits. That loss dismantled any confidence they had.

A true leader wouldn't have allowed that, but deferring to Trevor Ariza for clutch shots is how CP3 rolls! :toast