PDA

View Full Version : Bogut available?

EricD
12-14-2010, 01:28 AM
Just curious.

Spurs need a player like him. A post that plays like a man and defends the paint.

I don't know if any of you all watched the Mavs game tonight, but he made the Mavs shit bricks whenever they penetrated in the lane.

Spurs need that.

P.S-- I'm kind of new to this site and I absolutely love it. My goal is surpass a lot of people in posts and someday get big bold black letters under my handle. Anyone know how long it takes?

Anyway I'm going to keep watching more games and give my best opinions on whatever matter is discussed throughout the forums.

Back to the question on Bogut though. I'm not sure what it will take, so will some of you people with the big bold and black lettering let me know what it would take?

Thanks again

:toast

:flag:

crc21209
12-14-2010, 01:34 AM
I highly doubt the Bucks would trade Bogut right now, with him being one of their 2 best players and especially their 1 option in the post.

EricD
12-14-2010, 01:35 AM
I highly doubt the Bucks would trade Bogut right now, with him being one of their 2 best players and especially their 1 option in the post.

How does the salary thing work? What would it take?

Just curious.

Thanks in advance CRC.

PuttPutt
12-14-2010, 01:35 AM
just what we need, another injury prone player.

migol
12-14-2010, 01:36 AM
that would be nice, but it's not happening. who do you think we'd trade for Bogut?

migol
12-14-2010, 01:37 AM
just what we need, another injury prone player.

did you see the way he hurt his arm? anyone can dislocate their shoulder if they land that way. no one is "not prone" to those types of injuries. that's ridiculous.

EricD
12-14-2010, 01:37 AM
that would be nice, but it's not happening. who do you think we'd trade for Bogut?

I'd trade Splitter, Udoka, rights to Cola, Williams maybe?

FeZZy
12-14-2010, 01:41 AM
Okay I know you're new and everything and that's cool but are you serious? First off Bogut was their first overall selection he's there franchise player well maybe other than Jennings but you cannot start a post saying bogut is available just to ask a question have some common sense lad, when you post some more you'll look back and know what I'm talking about and my text is not even bold yet either

PuttPutt
did you see the way he hurt his arm? anyone can dislocate their shoulder if they land that way. no one is "not prone" to those types of injuries. that's ridiculous.

Dude gets hurt every year.

migol
I'd trade Splitter, Udoka, rights to Cola, Williams maybe?aw chucks! would prefer to have Splitter, along with Bogut, Duncan, Blair, McDyess, and Bonner.... that would be sweeet! but only on NBA live is it possible. :lol

migol
12-14-2010, 01:42 AM
Dude gets hurt every year.i wasn't fully aware of that. but he'd still be good to have.

#2!
12-14-2010, 01:45 AM
Can't believe this thread had so many serious responses.

FeZZy
12-14-2010, 01:45 AM
new posters suck

EricD
12-14-2010, 01:48 AM
new posters suck

I wonder why your name is grey.

For starters, maybe you should learn how to be respectful.

migol
12-14-2010, 01:49 AM
new posters suckwhy? cause we get laid more often then we do talking about basketball on some forum like fucking homo nerds?

Fpoonsie
12-14-2010, 01:53 AM
why? cause we get laid more often then we do talking about basketball on some forum like fucking homo nerds?

another BUMP classic

TDMVPDPOY
12-14-2010, 01:57 AM
bogut + delfino i want

EricD
12-14-2010, 02:00 AM
bogut + delfino i want

This.

:tu

Darkwaters
12-14-2010, 02:01 AM
Why would we even think about trading for Bogut when Thabeet is available?

EricD
12-14-2010, 02:04 AM
Why would we even think about trading for Bogut when Thabeet is available?

Thabeet is just a D-League scrub. Ask Chump he watched all his D-League games and probably recorded them ( He's Spurstalk's Chris Sheridan of the D-League around here).

On the other hand, Bogut is a beast and plays like a man with a pair in the lane.

You wanting Thabeet over Bogut is like me wanting Dwayne Jones over Duncan.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
12-14-2010, 02:09 AM
Bogut available?

Bucks say yes for
Tiago
Parker
Hill
Jefferson
Blair
and first round pick

:rolleyes

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-14-2010, 02:09 AM
Edit : nevermind

EricD
12-14-2010, 02:11 AM
BTW ..

100th post

Didn't feel like making my own thread ( that be stupid) so I thought I'd share it on here.

Darkwaters
12-14-2010, 02:15 AM
Thabeet is just a D-League scrub. Ask Chump he watched all his D-League games and probably recorded them ( He's Spurstalk's Chris Sheridan of the D-League around here).

On the other hand, Bogut is a beast and plays like a man with a pair in the lane.

You wanting Thabeet over Bogut is like me wanting Dwayne Jones over Duncan.

Did I really need to bust out the <sarcasm> </sarcasm> indicators on that last post? I thought it was pretty plain.

EricD
12-14-2010, 02:19 AM
Did I really need to bust out the <sarcasm> </sarcasm> indicators on that last post? I thought it was pretty plain.

Whoops :lol

My bad man. It's hard to tell over the internet.

DesignatedT
12-14-2010, 02:33 AM
Hasn't he been injured a lot since he's been in the league?

Anway, I doubt Milwaukee is looking to deal him, plus he has about 4 years/ 50 mil left on his contract. It would most likely take one of the big 3 or RJ to make a deal work....

ynh
12-14-2010, 02:35 AM
Blah they aren't trading Bogut. No way in hell he is available.

EricD
12-14-2010, 02:35 AM
Hasn't he been injured a lot since he's been in the league?

Anway, I doubt Milwaukee is looking to deal him, plus he has about 4 years/ 50 mil left on his contract. It would most likely take one of the big 3 or RJ to make a deal work....

Just looked it up actually thanks to Google.

It would take Splitter, Udoka, McDyess, rights to De Cola and maybe a first rounder?

If McDyess was bought out and brought back would you do it?

ynh
12-14-2010, 02:36 AM

If you throw in a second rounder they might actually toss you Jennings too for that deal.

DesignatedT
12-14-2010, 02:40 AM
I think im being trolled.

ynh
12-14-2010, 02:41 AM
lol yeah..

EricD
12-14-2010, 02:47 AM
If you throw in a second rounder they might actually toss you Jennings too for that deal.

If Milwaukee falls out of contention for the playoffs by the trading deadline they might just do it. Especially if they net Splitter for a bargain (3.4 million) and shave off 50 million in the future.

SpurmzKilla
12-14-2010, 02:54 AM
Just curious.

Spurs need a player like him. A post that plays like a man and defends the paint.

I don't know if any of you all watched the Mavs game tonight, but he made the Mavs shit bricks whenever they penetrated in the lane.

Spurs need that.

P.S-- I'm kind of new to this site and I absolutely love it. My goal is surpass a lot of people in posts and someday get big bold black letters under my handle. Anyone know how long it takes?

Anyway I'm going to keep watching more games and give my best opinions on whatever matter is discussed throughout the forums.

Back to the question on Bogut though. I'm not sure what it will take, so will some of you people with the big bold and black lettering let me know what it would take?

Thanks again

:flag:

is u also new to da nba???????

ynh
12-14-2010, 02:59 AM
If Milwaukee falls out of contention for the playoffs by the trading deadline they might just do it. Especially if they net Splitter for a bargain (3.4 million) and shave off 50 million in the future.

Like I said you should offer a second round pick and they will probably throw jennings in.. I'm sure thy will because they will shave off even more money.. and even a greater amount if you think about the fact that a couple years from now he won't be on a rookie deal.

Spurs should just pay attention to the standings and offer second rounders and bench players for the teams that don't make the playoffs best players. Not bad thinking. Sounds like a plan.

ynh
12-14-2010, 03:01 AM
Sac isn't going to make the playoffs.. Perhaps Evans and Cousins for a second and bonner? They save money and you get some good talent.

iManu
12-14-2010, 03:30 AM
I'm just a gray name, too. :(

migol
12-14-2010, 03:46 AM
I'm just a gray name, too. :(
what's with the gray name anyways? what does that mean? sorry i'm not a nerd.

migol
12-14-2010, 03:47 AM
another BUMP classicalso who is GNSF?

Darkwaters
12-14-2010, 04:20 AM
what's with the gray name anyways? what does that mean? sorry i'm not a nerd.

Not sure. I don't really pay attention to that usually.

We do have a few people that get pinked periodically though...thats hilarious.

eric365
12-14-2010, 10:21 AM
Not sure. I don't really pay attention to that usually.

We do have a few people that get pinked periodically though...thats hilarious.

Back in the day, I used to have to change all the titles (under your usernames) myself. So when I did it, I would change the poster from (green at the time, grey now) to black. That way, I could easily recognize at a glance whose title I had already changed.

However, now you guys can change your own titles - therefore, I don't just go around changing people from grey to black.

8FOR!3
12-14-2010, 10:44 AM
They've got Brandon Jennings, so Tony Parker doesn't mean much to them. Tim Duncan is retiring as a Spur, there's no doubt that he's not tradeable. To be honest though, Manu Ginobili isn't exactly tradeable either and he'd probably have to be the one we'd have to send over along with other up and comers for Bogut. It'd be a stupid trade for us and it'd never happen. In a perfect world it'd be nice to just trade for someone like that, but realistically we're not.

Now Bonner and something else for Ilyasova (an outside shooting big who can play PF and SF) is an interesting prospect, but I doubt that'd ever happen either.

yavozerb
12-14-2010, 10:47 AM
Quit with all these lame ass threads please...Nobody is gonna trade for Bogut, nobody is gonna trade for thabeet, and hopefully somebody will take away your thread starting ability. STFU

Juanobili
12-14-2010, 11:34 AM
BTW ..

100th post

Didn't feel like making my own thread ( that be stupid) so I thought I'd share it on here.

Congratulations.

kaji157
12-14-2010, 12:54 PM
I donīt think Bogut is injury prone, he just had bad luck last year.
I donīt think he is available either.
He is a very good rebonder, defender and post player. Seeing how bad the bucks are doing right now is a statement of how low of a BB-IQ Jennings and Salmons have.

Dex
12-14-2010, 01:02 PM
So wait....EricD isn't just an EricB troll?

cheguevara
12-14-2010, 01:04 PM
fucking retarded thread.

:pctoss

EricD
12-14-2010, 02:00 PM
Quit with all these lame ass threads please...Nobody is gonna trade for Bogut, nobody is gonna trade for thabeet, and hopefully somebody will take away your thread starting ability. STFU

You don't have to post in threads you don't agree with you know.

It's obvious common knowledge.

DrSteffo
12-14-2010, 02:01 PM
LOL.. funny troll is funny...."Cola"

FromWayDowntown
12-14-2010, 02:07 PM
If you're going to suggest a trade like this one, why not propose to make an offer to the Clippers for Blake Griffin?

At least that combines targeting a completely unavailable player with proposing a deal with a front office that acts completely irrationally.

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-14-2010, 02:17 PM
If you're going to suggest a trade like this one, why not propose to make an offer to the Clippers for Blake Griffin?

At least that combines targeting a completely unavailable player with proposing a deal with a front office that acts completely irrationally.

Bonner, Vaughn, Eva Longoria, Karaulov, Javtokas, Jack Haley and a bag of chips will surely get it done, no? Not sure if I'd throw a 2nd round pick , but if I really have to...

BOHOLANO#21
12-14-2010, 02:21 PM
Just curious.

Spurs need that.

Thanks again

:flag: fuck u troll.....

FromWayDowntown
12-14-2010, 02:24 PM
Bonner, Vaughn, Eva Longoria, Karaulov, Javtokas, Jack Haley and a bag of chips will surely get it done, no? Not sure if I'd throw a 2nd round pick , but if I really have to...

Maybe the Spurs can offer a contract to the contents of Pop's wine cellar and then deal that plus a protected #2 to Sterling for Griffin.

Janko
12-14-2010, 02:48 PM
imho a GREAT player for us will be bargnani, with pop and with spurs system he could strongly improve his defence

but i dont know his salary..

Ocotillo
12-14-2010, 03:49 PM

I would like to see us somehow get into the Blake Griffin sweepstakes when they come around. Watching the games with the Clips this year, if that guy was brought in to be Timmy's replacement, he would allow the Spurs to be viable contenders for years to come.

The front office does a dang good job of picking up guys in the late rounds and finding solid role players on the scrap heap but to be the real deal in contending for a ring you have to have the foundation (Jordan, Bryant, Olajuwon etc...).

If there is someway to get that guy whether trade or free agency, the Spurs have to pull out all the stops trying to get him.

Maybe we could get Sterling drunk and have him heckle Blake during games.

Ocotillo
12-14-2010, 03:50 PM
And by the way, I do know you were kidding in response to the OP.

Ocotillo
12-14-2010, 03:51 PM
Oh, I missed it but 2,600 posts, congratulations to me since none of you recognized.

Fpoonsie
12-14-2010, 04:36 PM
also who is GNSF?

It's already been discussed in this thread. I'd suggest putting two-and-two together, but that might get in the way of your "getting laid" time.

ajballer4
12-14-2010, 04:39 PM
This went to three pages?

Exactly what I was thinking...

jjktkk
12-14-2010, 04:50 PM
Oh, I missed it but 2,600 posts, congratulations to me since none of you recognized.

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/2782/cartoontrumpeter.gif

siraulo23
12-14-2010, 05:21 PM
shit i thought there was an article from espn/quote from the bucks management about bogut

TDMVPDPOY
12-14-2010, 06:29 PM
imho a GREAT player for us will be bargnani, with pop and with spurs system he could strongly improve his defence

but i dont know his salary..

this post fail in itself alone

wtf do you want a softcock euro on this team who cant rebound for shit?

we lack rebounding, and his not the answer...

TwelveGs210
12-14-2010, 08:18 PM
aw chucks! would prefer to have Splitter, along with Bogut, Duncan, Blair, McDyess, and Bonner.... that would be sweeet! but only on NBA live is it possible. :lol

Yeah NBA Live 10' and earlier cuz' that suckers dead. 2K killed the Live series, and buried the basketball franchise for EA when they announced they cancelled Elite, and transferred development duties to EA Tiburon.

jgome21
12-15-2010, 12:31 AM
Man, I only wish we could get Bogut.......

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-15-2010, 01:33 AM
Bogut is the Bucks' cornerstone, so no way they trade him.

I'd love to see him as a Spur given that he's my favourite non-Spur right now, and my favourite Aussie player of all time (Andrew Gaze close second - so glad he became a Spur when he went to the NBA, even though he was well past his prime), but no way it happens.

ynh
12-15-2010, 01:57 AM
No love for Luke Longly?

TJastal
12-15-2010, 02:00 AM
Bogut is the Bucks' cornerstone, so no way they trade him.

I'd love to see him as a Spur given that he's my favourite non-Spur right now, and my favourite Aussie player of all time (Andrew Gaze close second - so glad he became a Spur when he went to the NBA, even though he was well past his prime), but no way it happens.

As a fellow Aussie is it normal in Australians to sport the 'greasy unkempt' hairstyle that Bogut has had for years? Just curious.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-15-2010, 07:20 AM
No love for Luke Longly?

No, I respect Luc a lot - he was the trailblazer for Aussies in the NBA and a much better player than he was given credit for (really tough post defender). But Bogut inspires me.

As a fellow Aussie is it normal in Australians to sport the 'greasy unkempt' hairstyle that Bogut has had for years? Just curious.

Yeah, because all 22 million Aussies like to wear the same hairstyle. :rolleyes You realise how ignorant generalisations like that make you look, right?

Bogut is his own man, and he has no pretension about him at all (now THAT is a very Aussie trait, if you're looking for one). He called out other NBA players in 2007 when he said: "The public's got it right, a lot of NBA stars are arrogant and like to spend lots of money and have lots of girlfriends and all that," which is a strong indication to his character. His hairstyle (lack thereof) is obviously a continuation of the attitude indicated above - he loves the game, not the celebrity lifestyle, and he obviously cares little for fashion and more for things that actually matter in the world (like building community eg. Squad 6). I concur with him on all of this.

BTW, I am not saying all NBA players are celebrity primadonas. Many of them do great work in the community. But there's definitely a celebrity element amongst NBA players.

urunobili
12-15-2010, 07:42 AM
Bogut is his own man, and he has no pretension about him at all (now THAT is a very Aussie trait, if you're looking for one). He called out other NBA players in 2007 when he said: "The public's got it right, a lot of NBA stars are arrogant and like to spend lots of money and have lots of girlfriends and all that," which is a strong indication to his character. His hairstyle (lack thereof) is obviously a continuation of the attitude indicated above - he loves the game, not the celebrity lifestyle, and he obviously cares little for fashion and more for things that actually matter in the world (like building community eg. Squad 6). I concur with him on all of this.

mmmm weird... I thought he had a passion for sports cars... somewhere i read about that...

ohmwrecker
12-15-2010, 09:18 AM
Bogut is his own man, and he has no pretension about him at all (now THAT is a very Aussie trait, if you're looking for one). He called out other NBA players in 2007 when he said: "The public's got it right, a lot of NBA stars are arrogant and like to spend lots of money and have lots of girlfriends and all that," which is a strong indication to his character.

Trying too hard to not be pretentious is kind of pretentious tbh.

TJastal
12-15-2010, 09:21 AM
No, I respect Luc a lot - he was the trailblazer for Aussies in the NBA and a much better player than he was given credit for (really tough post defender). But Bogut inspires me.

Yeah, because all 22 million Aussies like to wear the same hairstyle. :rolleyes You realise how ignorant generalisations like that make you look, right?

BTW, I am not saying all NBA players are celebrity primadonas. Many of them do great work in the community. But there's definitely a celebrity element amongst NBA players.

That's all fine and dandy I just think he should go the barber once a month. He can afford it.

Zelophehad
12-15-2010, 09:27 AM
You guys think you can get Bogut?

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

EricD
12-15-2010, 10:55 PM
We need this guy.

Like I said a couple of days ago. But none of y'all experts believed me!!!

What do you got to say now suckers?

Spurs Brazil
12-15-2010, 10:55 PM
We need this guy.

Like I said a couple of days ago. But none of y'all experts believed me!!!

What do you got to say now suckers?
:sleep

Capt Bringdown
12-15-2010, 10:58 PM
Bogut always seems to play well against the Spurs.

Ice009
12-15-2010, 10:59 PM
Why are these threads allowed to be open.

FUCKING close the thread and please EricD no more threads. Thanks.

You're going for black INK, but the only color you need is pink.

EricD
12-15-2010, 11:04 PM
Why are these threads allowed to be open.

FUCKING close the thread and please EricD no more threads. Thanks.

You're going for black INK, but the only color you need is pink.

No harm, no foul.

Just being a realist unlike yourself.

If you don't like my post then fuck off moron. There's plenty of other threads you can post on.

Carry on black bolded egomaniac with no medal.

Ice009
12-15-2010, 11:14 PM
No harm, no foul.

Just being a realist unlike yourself.

If you don't like my post then fuck off moron. There's plenty of other threads you can post on.

Carry on black bolded egomaniac with no medal.

Stop starting stupid threads and I won't come in here.

Bucks aren't going to trade Bogut and if they did we have no chance of getting him.

This thread should be locked. It's that simple.

EricD
12-15-2010, 11:17 PM
Stop starting stupid threads and I won't come in here.

Bucks aren't going to trade Bogut and if they did we have no chance of getting him.

This thread should be locked. It's that simple.

I've only started a couple. And I was just asking a damn question.

Get over yourself. Some of y'all people here think y'all own this damn place and can regulate just because your handle is black and bold.

Newsflash ego-man, black and bold doesn't mean shit.

Carry on.

Ice009
12-15-2010, 11:27 PM
I've only started a couple. And I was just asking a damn question.

Get over yourself. Some of y'all people here think y'all own this damn place and can regulate just because your handle is black and bold.

Newsflash ego-man, black and bold doesn't mean shit.

Carry on.

I have no problem with you personally. None whatsoever. I just don't see the point of this thread. My opinion would be the same no matter who started it. Pointless thread IMO.

I don't care about the bold name. I thought you were asking about it the other day in another thread so that is why I commented on it.

ohmwrecker
12-15-2010, 11:53 PM
Why don't you both stfu and let this thread die the quiet, undignified death it deserves?

4down
12-16-2010, 12:09 AM
Hey guys is Carmelo Anthony available? I've been keeping an eye on him and he sure is a beast. The Spurs could use an injection of swagger. Can we make it happen? Who should we trade for him? Just curious. Maybe we can get him for Jefferson, George Hill, and the rights to Ryan Ritchie.

seriously though, Bogut was something else in the defensive paint.

DieHardSpursFan1537
12-16-2010, 09:32 AM
Bucks would never trade Bogut.

in2deep
12-16-2010, 09:39 AM
the OP is likely a mav troll. Don't feed the troll.

Whisky Dog
12-16-2010, 10:01 AM
I thought it was EricB who changed his name because he got married and is one of those "progressive" guys

But the posting style isn't right.

BTW, don't worry about bolded names, I'm nor even sure why some are and some aren't. It does create a bit of a "class" dispute in the minds of some of these goons. Believe me, in time you'll find this place too annoying to post on much. People are so bitter and negative here, but during Spurs season it's the place to get Spurs news and game thoughts.

jjktkk
12-16-2010, 12:25 PM
From reading some of EricD's posts, hes seems alittle obsessed with the other posters names in bold letters. Seems like he has some napoleonitis.