TheMACHINE
12-14-2010, 06:12 PM
Link to follow.

kamikazi_player
12-14-2010, 06:12 PM
I don't trust your sources, you also said Dampier to the Lakers as well

TheMACHINE
12-14-2010, 06:14 PM
My source is WoJo...and WoJo is never a NoNo.

DeadlyDynasty
12-14-2010, 06:14 PM
I don't trust your sources, you also said Dampier to the Lakers as well

No he didn't...it was a clever thread title before that got people all jacked off.

TheMACHINE
12-14-2010, 06:15 PM
3 way deal. Rockets, Nets, Lakers. Y'all heard it hear first!

DeadlyDynasty
12-14-2010, 06:15 PM
3 way deal. Rockets, Nets, Lakers. Y'all heard it hear first!

I hope we got rid of Theo and Luke too...last wastes of space o the roster

kamikazi_player
12-14-2010, 06:16 PM
So the Rockets are getting the next Chris Bosh or JJ?

TheMACHINE
12-14-2010, 06:17 PM
Im hearing Joe Smith. Will let you know once i confirm.

kamikazi_player
12-14-2010, 06:18 PM
Im hearing Joe Smith. Will let you know once i confirm.

:lmao

Ari Gold
Nets, Lakers, Rockets are in advanced talks on 3-way deal sending T. WIlliams to HOU, S. Vujacic and a future HOU 1st to NJ, sources tell Y!

via WojYahooNBA

TheMACHINE
T. WIlliams to Rockets
S. Vujacic and a future HOU 1st to NJ
Joe Smith to LA
Lakers sends 2011 1st rounder to NJ
HOU sends NJ a '12 1st pick..

TheMACHINE
12-14-2010, 06:19 PM
:lmao

Confirmed.

:toast

Stump
12-14-2010, 06:19 PM
The New Jersey Nets, Los Angeles Lakers and Houston Rockets are in advanced talks on a three-way trade that would send Terrence Williams(notes) to Houston, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Lakers guard Sasha Vujacic(notes) and a 2012 first-round pick from Houston would go to New Jersey. Nets forward Joe Smith(notes) would join the Lakers, who also would send their 2011 first-round pick to New Jersey.

The deal isn’t finalized and likely won’t be until Wednesday at the earliest, the sources said.

PGDynasty24
12-14-2010, 06:20 PM
Thank God. More time for young Devin Ebanks,but I will miss the presence of Maria Sharapova

TheNextGen
12-14-2010, 06:21 PM
lol im sure TheMachine's source is Sasha himself.

Darthkiller
12-14-2010, 06:22 PM
isnt sasha married to some russian chick? only make sense that he is traded to a team owned by a russian

TheMACHINE
12-14-2010, 06:22 PM
is Joe Smith 50 years old?

Man In Black
12-14-2010, 06:24 PM
Isn't that a sign that says your team didn't feel it had enough even though Bynum is coming back?

TheMACHINE
12-14-2010, 06:25 PM
BasketballGirl25 getting her hard on when she see's Sasha?

TheMACHINE
12-14-2010, 06:26 PM
Isn't that a sign that says your team didn't feel it had enough even though Bynum is coming back?

no, its a sign that they want to dump a 5 mill contract for someone more useful.

DeadlyDynasty
12-14-2010, 06:27 PM

That we dumped Sasha Vujacic and his $5million dollar contract?

crofl, a new level of stupidity has been reached by Spurfan

TheMACHINE
12-14-2010, 06:29 PM
Word in the streetz is Mitch thought he was dealing for Josh Smith.

Baseline
12-14-2010, 06:32 PM
Over/Under on how long it takes Russian Mark Cuban to take Maria Sharapova from Vujachick.

Six Days.

Shank
And what the hell is Houston doing in all this?

monosylab1k
Expect mass panic trades after this earth shattering move goes down.

ElNono
12-14-2010, 06:35 PM
Lakers trying to save lux tax money or making room for Bynum's replacement?

TheMACHINE
12-14-2010, 06:37 PM
Lakers trying to save lux tax money or making room for Bynum's replacement?

go to the "Sasha to NJ Nets" thread for the expert analysis sons.

JayTheClown
12-14-2010, 06:38 PM
What does the Lakers get?

kamikazi_player
12-14-2010, 06:40 PM
Another genius move by Morey :cry

kamikazi_player
12-14-2010, 06:41 PM
I guess getting rid of Sasha was a great move by the Lakers, but I don't think they're expecting much out of Joe Smith

monosylab1k
12-14-2010, 06:41 PM
What does the Lakers get?

Vujacic off the team, that's reason enough.

TheMACHINE
12-14-2010, 06:42 PM
sasha is clutch...won game 7 for us. =(

Ditty
12-14-2010, 06:43 PM
morey=best fucken gm in league to make a lottery team :cry

Pistons < Spurs
12-14-2010, 06:46 PM
@LarryCoon: Lakers primary motivation is financial - deal takes $9.24M off their books.

DeadlyDynasty
12-14-2010, 06:48 PM
Vujacic off the team, that's reason enough.

/thread.

rayjayjohnson
12-14-2010, 06:50 PM
suck shit sasha, i hope he cries. again.

rayjayjohnson
12-14-2010, 06:51 PM
Over/Under on how long it takes Russian Mark Cuban to take Maria Sharapova from Vujachick.

Six Days.

i'll take the under.

Pistons < Spurs
12-14-2010, 06:57 PM
STEIN_LINE_HQ
To make room for Terrence Williams' arrival in three-way w/Lakers and Nets, Houston to deal Jermaine Taylor to SAC for future second-rounder

angelbelow
12-14-2010, 07:05 PM
Pretty good deal for the lakers. Joe Smith (IF he can still play) is both a smart and a capable player. The only downside to the trade for the Lakers is that they give up another 1st round pick.

T-Williams was pretty hyped up last year right? Don't know much about him though.

Basketballgirl25
12-14-2010, 07:10 PM
Well I don't know if I like this trade for the Nets, I mean T-Will is a pretty good player, so don't really want to see him go, but Joe Smith. Yup I'm sure us Net fans will miss him, ok no we won't.

DeadlyDynasty
12-14-2010, 07:12 PM
I'd be surprised if we don't cut Smith in a week

DesignatedT
12-14-2010, 07:20 PM
Terrance Williams is my boy. Good pick up by Houston.

Lakers gettin rid of a 1st rounder for smith ... fail

TheGreatest23
12-14-2010, 07:22 PM

Lakers just free'd up 9 mill. is that really fail?

Jloyola
12-14-2010, 07:23 PM
Nets just became elite!!! Jordan and Sasha reunite to bring a championship caliber back court to the New Jersey!!

DeadlyDynasty
12-14-2010, 07:25 PM

We dumped 5 mil in cap space with one sign of the pen...Spur fans can't grasp basic math. This is as common sense as it gets. But I'm sure the 30th pick in the first round will be a gem, right?

DesignatedT
12-14-2010, 07:25 PM
Lakers just free'd up 9 mill. is that really fail?

yes

TheGreatest23
12-14-2010, 07:26 PM
yes

mmkay

TheGreatest23
12-14-2010, 07:26 PM
lol sasha and farmar fighting for minutes behind Harris instead of an old Fisher.

TheGreatest23
12-14-2010, 07:29 PM
Idk why people are acting like this is some kind of bad trade for LA. They can't rely afford to use half their first round picks anyway, and Smith gets paid roughly $4,000,000 less than Vujacic, so it saves LA $8,000,000 due to being in the luxury tax threshold. Trading a 1st round pick likely in the 25-30 range that they wouldn't have used/needed anyway to save $8,000,000 while if anything getting a big who can provide spot minutes is a good trade.

$9.24M to be exact.

Basketballgirl25
12-14-2010, 07:36 PM

T-Will could be good if he gets his head together. Maybe a second chance with another team might help him, he has been a headcase for the Nets so him being traded just didn't know for what

DeadlyDynasty
12-14-2010, 07:40 PM
Idk why people are acting like this is some kind of bad trade for LA. They can't rely afford to use half their first round picks anyway, and Smith gets paid roughly $4,000,000 less than Vujacic, so it saves LA $8,000,000 due to being in the luxury tax threshold. Trading a 1st round pick likely in the 25-30 range that they wouldn't have used/needed anyway to save $8,000,000 while if anything getting a big who can provide spot minutes is a good trade.

You can't rely criticize an owner like Jerry Buss for doing this when he's trading someone who doesn't contribute anything at all and when he still has one of the highest payrolls in the NBA.

$9.24M to be exact.

:cry but but but...it's the Lakers so it must've been a bad move :cry

AussieFanKurt
12-14-2010, 07:43 PM
cut to be the machine

Kai
12-14-2010, 07:43 PM
Rockets pick is lottery protected, so a late first is a low risk for a guy like TWill. This honestly looks like a move to fill a gap if/when we trade Battier/Budinger/Martin.

DPG21920
12-14-2010, 07:47 PM
Makes no sense for HOU right now. No room in the rotation for Will since they have Brooks/Lowry/Ish/Lee/Martin/Shane.

noob cake
12-14-2010, 07:49 PM
Makes no sense for HOU right now. No room in the rotation for Will since they have Brooks/Lowry/Ish/Lee/Martin/Shane.

Ish got D-Leagued. TWill will play backup SF seeing how Budinger is sucking this year

frodo
12-14-2010, 08:59 PM
NJ has a big population of russian ancestry

dbestpro
12-14-2010, 09:54 PM
Since when did Lakerfan start worrying about saving money in tinsel town. Perhaps, everything is not as rosy as they think.

BUMP
12-14-2010, 10:15 PM
crucify 'em eadly, send those GNSF's straight to the tree of woe!

j.dizzle
12-14-2010, 10:17 PM
:lmao Sasha, Maria is probably gonna dump his ass now. Damn I'm gonna miss him fouling players ninety feet from the basket & acting like he never touched them:cry

IronMexican
12-14-2010, 10:23 PM
Rockets pick is lottery protected, so a late first is a low risk for a guy like TWill. This honestly looks like a move to fill a gap if/when we trade Battier/Budinger/Martin.

I can't wait to see what NJ does with that 2016 top 3 pick.

TD 21
12-14-2010, 10:49 PM

You can't rely criticize an owner like Jerry Buss for doing this when he's trading someone who doesn't contribute anything at all and when he still has one of the highest payrolls in the NBA.

It's bad for the Lakers because Vujacic is an expiring contract. It's great for their bottom line, but why would fans care whether Buss saved $9.24 million, when it cost them another 1st round pick? This is an aging team, with a bloated payroll. They're going to need an infusion of young talent over the next few seasons to surround their core and get them through the regular season. If Vujacic had another season left, I'd get it. Smith was done last season. At this point, he's a corpse. The Lakers are also now thin in the back court.

For the Rockets, I don't get it. As DPG said, where does Williams fit? This team is set at the two, so does he take Budinger's backup three minutes? Is he the SF of the future? Is he just another asset that they can put into a deal for a star? This team has too many players who need minutes and what ends up happening, is their young players are either playing limited minutes or none at all. Budinger, Hill, Lee, Patterson, now Williams. If this doesn't eventuate in a big trade, where they acquire a star and clear out this logjam, then this is nothing more than a mess.

The Nets were the real winners in this. Sure, they'll be getting a bottom six pick out of the Lakers and the Rockets pick is lottery protected, but they now have five 1sts in the next two drafts. Lots of options, as far as trades go. Maybe not now necessarily, but someone had to go on the wings. You look at their wing rotation, Morrow, Outlaw, Williams and James, they're all role players. They need an above average wing. Vujacic is useless, but at least his contract is expiring.

nevetslc
12-14-2010, 11:04 PM
From Kevin Ding:

Everybody needs to understand that Lakers did NOT make this trade to get Joe Smith. That's far, far secondary to saving $9m.
http://twitter.com/kevinding

also

From Larry Coon:

One other benefit to Lakers in this trade -- they gain a trade exception for $5,475,113.
http://twitter.com/larrycoon

Venti Quattro
But Sasha was the game 7 hero :cry

MaNu4Tres
For the Rockets, I don't get it. As DPG said, where does Williams fit? This team is set at the two, so does he take Budinger's backup three minutes? Is he the SF of the future? Is he just another asset that they can put into a deal for a star? This team has too many players who need minutes and what ends up happening, is their young players are either playing limited minutes or none at all. Budinger, Hill, Lee, Patterson, now Williams. If this doesn't eventuate in a big trade, where they acquire a star and clear out this logjam, then this is nothing more than a mess.

IMO-- Battier will be gone next year (being an unrestricted free agent). Rocket scouts probably are very high on Williams (since they gave up a first round pick) and they probably think he can compete with Budinger for the starting job next year moving forward. It also gives them flexibility and depth to possibly trade Battier at the trading deadline for future assets (a 1st rounder and an expiring with low value of talent).

I don't see the Rockets trading Budinger or Lee anytime in the near future in a package, unless it was for an All-Star (which is pretty unrealistic and far-fetched). Rockets are very high on those two and both make pretty much nothing.

But I agree with you. I think New Jersey are the ultimate winners here.

Venti Quattro
12-14-2010, 11:09 PM
Expect mass panic trades after this earth shattering move goes down.

The Lakers made a collusion trade, we will make a stupid move to counter their collusion :cry :cry :cry

IronMexican
12-14-2010, 11:11 PM
So they can take on a 5 million dollar contract as well in a trade? Welcome, Mayo.

TD 21
12-14-2010, 11:36 PM
IMO-- Battier will be gone next year (being an unrestricted free agent). Rocket scouts probably are very high on Williams (since they gave up a first round pick) and they probably think he can compete with Budinger for the starting job next year moving forward. It also gives them flexibility and depth to possibly trade Battier at the trading deadline for future assets (a 1st rounder and an expiring with low value of talent).

I don't see the Rockets trading Budinger or Lee anytime in the near future in a package, unless it was for an All-Star (which is pretty unrealistic and far-fetched). Rockets are very high on those two and both make pretty much nothing.

But I agree with you. I think New Jersey are the ultimate winners here.

Battier might be gone, but Williams is more of a two than a three. He can play three no problem, but I don't see him as a full time three. The same goes for Budinger. What they did is gamble that Williams will have more value than what their pick will in '12, because they're probably expecting to at least be a solid playoff team by then.

It's not unrealistic or far fetched if it's a package deal. They're loaded at PF and SG. They've been stockpiling assets the past two seasons in order to have the pieces to acquire someone at least close to superstar caliber, while having enough left over to be a contender should they land that player.

I like what they're doing, but like I said, if they're not able to acquire the type of player they're trying to acquire, then their situation is nothing more than a mess. Too many guys who need minutes and too many guys who are solid, but nothing more.

8FOR!3
12-14-2010, 11:45 PM
I think this is a smart move for Houston and New Jersey. Idk about LA though. This gives Jersey three first round picks next year which is a big deal considering they already have a PF and C worth building a franchise around as well as a decent point guard. Travis Outlaw and Damion James can take care of the SF positions and Morrow is an ok starting 2 guard. Sasha will probably be his backup. It's not terrible for this year considering what they'll have a chance at in the draft. It's also smart for Houston though, Terrence Williams can be a star, he's a great athlete and solid defender. Los Angeles lost out though, I don't think getting cap space is worth a 1st round pick.

Kai
12-15-2010, 12:08 AM
I'd imagine that Battier is traded by the deadline, unless he's a big part of a Rockets surge in the standings. Getting Williams for a lottery-protected first rounder isn't a bad deal, no matter how you look at it. That's even if he doesn't explode into a big time contributor.

R4R
12-15-2010, 12:09 AM
I'm sure Morey has no problem being generous to the Nets, considering they're probably the only other team out there (right now) that can compete for Melo's attention.

Venti Quattro
12-15-2010, 12:30 AM
Ireland: "As you may or may not know, the news out there is that the Lakers have traded you to the Nets for Joe Smith. How do you feel?"

Vujacic: "I don't know. I don't know. I can't say anything, y'know. Right now, it's just a rumor."

Ireland: "I know you can't really say anything because of league rules, but if this rumor is true, being here for all these years, I kind of consider you a friend, so although I'm sad to see you go, I'm happy to see you get a chance to play more minutes. Is that how you'll approach this?"

Vujacic: "I don't know. The Nets are a young rebuilding team and... I don't know. It's a rumor right now. We'll see. I can't say. I don't know."

:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

GuerillaBlack
12-15-2010, 12:51 AM
Pretty good deal for the lakers. Joe Smith (IF he can still play) is both a smart and a capable player. The only downside to the trade for the Lakers is that they give up another 1st round pick.

T-Williams was pretty hyped up last year right? Don't know much about him though.

Terrence Williams averaged a triple-double while in the D-League this year and he had a good March and April last year in his rookie season. He's got skills, but is (was) a headcase. A new start on a new team should be good for him. Plus, he said he likes to model his defense after Shane Battier, who he is now teammates with. T-Will is a freak athlete (always made SportsCenter Top 10 when he was at Louisville). Low risk, high reward move for the Rockets.

djohn2oo8
12-15-2010, 12:54 AM
He's just more dog meat for the dog pound, you faggot.

Enjoying your last months at st? :lol

HarlemHeat37
12-15-2010, 12:57 AM
Williams' potential is very overrated, but I would agree that it's a good risk for the Rockets to take..

He's already a good defender and obviously has crazy athleticism..he needs serious work on his shooting and ball-handling though..

His realistic potential peak is a good 6th man IMO..

timtonymanu
12-15-2010, 01:55 AM
Nets taking all former Laker scrubs. First Farmar, Now Sasha. Luke must be next.

Kai
12-15-2010, 03:12 AM
Williams' potential is very overrated, but I would agree that it's a good risk for the Rockets to take..

He's already a good defender and obviously has crazy athleticism..he needs serious work on his shooting and ball-handling though..

His realistic potential peak is a good 6th man IMO..

Agreed. Anyone expecting an allstar is delusional.

nevetslc
12-15-2010, 03:32 AM
video

The Machine Goes to Jersey
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDtUCdtaiPE

hater
12-15-2010, 09:34 AM
Noone should involve Lakers in multiteam trades. looks like Stern is at work early.

damn faggot rockets

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-15-2010, 11:58 AM
http://twitter.com/#!/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/15083877416574977

@SpearsNBAYahoo
Marc J. Spears
Lakers also acquired 2 2nd round picks from NJ (Golden St.-2011 & Chicago-2012) along with the draft rights to Sergei Lishchuk from Hou.

NRHector
12-15-2010, 12:27 PM
:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cryyeap basically that's what he's doing, his ride is over

Chomag
12-15-2010, 12:41 PM
Nothing to see here Just the Lakers freeing up cap space for their Christmas present from Stern.

history2b
12-15-2010, 01:11 PM
Lakers no longer the highest payroll in the league.

Nice move yet again Mr. Buss.

TheMACHINE
12-15-2010, 01:42 PM
game 7 finals mvp. bye bye Sasha.

GuerillaBlack
12-15-2010, 02:11 PM
Agreed. Anyone expecting an allstar is delusional.

I'd be cool with 6th man of the year potential from Terrence Williams. That basically means he could also be a viable starter. He was a lottery pick just last year and he did well towards the end of last season. He was just a headcase and with the way Avery Johnson coaches, it wouldn't work out.

angelbelow
12-15-2010, 03:32 PM
IMO, I still think this is a great trade for the lakers. They freed up 9 million at the cost of a 1st round pick. In recent years theyve drafted well in the 2nd round and all championship caliber teams need to be capable of this. I think infusing their team with youth is important but whether they do or not, they'll remain contenders for the next 3 years or so.

NRHector
12-15-2010, 03:35 PM
Lakers just getting ready for the collusion

Darrin
12-15-2010, 04:36 PM
Good deal for the Lakers. They get another big man to back up Bynum, Odom, and Gasol (now that Ratliff is down). They are out from under Sasha's large contract, and they just cleared some more minutes for Steve Blake; he's really the key to this deal.

As for the Nets, there is no upside unless they land Melo with one of those picks. Boasting the Lakers backup guards is not something to boast about.

DieHardSpursFan1537
12-15-2010, 05:29 PM
Good for Sasha. Hate that chick.

TheMACHINE
12-15-2010, 05:33 PM
Good for Sasha. Hate that chick.

most spurs fans hate the manu-stopper after he handcuffed Manu in 2008.

ChrisRichards
12-15-2010, 05:47 PM
We all know Kobe has a place in the organization when it comes to players staying or being traded away (See Shaq, Samaki Walker & Radmanovic) So I'm just baffled that Kobe didn't find a way to make sure the Lakers keep Vujacic who has been one of his real "buddy". I guess this just shows you how worthless Kobe is as a person. Dude didn't even stand up for his boy. Bitch made move if you ask me.