Trainwreck2100
12-14-2010, 06:17 PM
uSDNZeRX_1Y

monosylab1k
12-14-2010, 06:26 PM
oh fuck yes.

CubanSucks
12-14-2010, 06:56 PM
I didn't see Faster, so is this pretty much combining all the previous movies? I saw that they got the main people from the first 2 (the only ones I saw) which is really cool. Is The Rock's character in this one the same character from Faster? Just wondering how they all relate

fraga
12-14-2010, 09:06 PM
Looks like somebody needs a paycheck...

Trainwreck2100
12-14-2010, 10:44 PM
The last one was universal's highest grossing movie for that year. Also the release got pulled up because the prequel for "the thing" got moved up because universal feels it would do better on that release date than that prequel which will most likely be very bad

redzero
12-14-2010, 11:24 PM
Wait, they know parkour now?

Sp Ginobili 20
12-15-2010, 12:39 AM
Oh hell yeah

IronMaxipad
12-15-2010, 12:43 AM
Supra gay

DesignatedT
12-15-2010, 01:10 AM
lol. I'm totally lost with the chronological order of these movies. Wasn't the last one (fast and furious) supposed to really be #2 in the series. Where does this one fit in?

ynh
12-15-2010, 01:12 AM
Jesus just kill the series already. The first was entertaining.. after that it has been a crap fest.

CuckingFunt
12-15-2010, 01:15 AM
Guilty pleasure must-see.

Trainwreck2100
12-15-2010, 04:22 AM
lol. I'm totally lost with the chronological order of these movies. Wasn't the last one (fast and furious) supposed to really be #2 in the series. Where does this one fit in?

it takes place before tokyo drift

SourCandy
12-15-2010, 09:45 AM
As long as it has TnA.

Cry Havoc
12-15-2010, 10:15 AM
Guilty pleasure must-see.

Yep.

It's a fun movie and it doesn't try to be more than that. Fast & Furious wasn't horrible, so I'll probably see this one too.

lefty
12-15-2010, 10:46 AM
LOL Hollywood

Borosai
12-15-2010, 01:10 PM
Jordana Brewster.

koriwhat
12-15-2010, 02:26 PM
another shitty movie for a shitty audience... hollywood just fuckin' the dumbasses they're supposed to.

Trainwreck2100
04-28-2011, 02:54 PM
NtIJw3huGcc

seein this shit tonight, so far its scoring fresh too.

Trainwreck2100
04-28-2011, 03:01 PM
also if you do plan on seeing it, which let's face it, all non-homosexual males should see this movie, stay after the credits

Creepn
04-28-2011, 03:44 PM
Man Walker is a shitty actor. The scene where they are jumping off the cliff, guy has no facial expression at all. You are falling 10,000 feet off the cliff! I don't care how tough you are, you're gonna have some sort of reaction.

Cry Havoc
04-28-2011, 03:47 PM
:lol Some of the review quotes:

"Manages to be more fun than any movie with its outrageous carbon footprint has any right to be."

"Fast Five is among the best fourth sequels ever - not exactly high praise but more than I expected to dish out."

Definitely going to see it. :tu

lefty
04-28-2011, 03:54 PM
can't wait for TDKR

LOL F&F

AmericanPsycho
04-28-2011, 04:07 PM
Man Walker is a shitty actor. The scene where they are jumping off the cliff, guy has no facial expression at all. You are falling 10,000 feet off the cliff! I don't care how tough you are, you're gonna have some sort of reaction.

He isn't trying to win an Oscar. He is a screen presence to please the ladies and the younger male crowd who enjoy characters like that. Just like Jessica Alba.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-28-2011, 07:35 PM
Deisel vs Rock finally been waiting for this to go down for like ten years

DPG21920
04-28-2011, 08:24 PM
Rock is f'ng swollen in this movie. He would destroy and crominate Riddick.

DMC
04-28-2011, 08:50 PM
I keep thinking Grand Master Flash....

manufan10
04-29-2011, 01:08 PM
It was a pretty decent movie.

MannyIsGod
04-29-2011, 02:38 PM
Sweet - maybe I'll go watch this. The series has been fun.

CuckingFunt
04-29-2011, 11:11 PM
Yeah, I'll be seeing this. Never saw Tokyo Drift, but all the others have been cheesy fun.

tlongII
04-29-2011, 11:18 PM
Yeah, I'll be seeing this. Never saw Tokyo Drift, but all the others have been cheesy fun.

Tokyo Drift was good, you should check it out. I like this series. Good, mindless entertainment.

florige
04-30-2011, 01:06 AM
Deisel vs Rock finally been waiting for this to go down for like ten years

I wish he would had fought Phoenix in the last movie. But they copped out with the lame car scene. The buildup was all there for a epic fight scene between the two.

Technique
04-30-2011, 03:07 AM
Just got back from seeing the movie.

Fuck.

This one is arguably better than the first one. Although it didn't have enough racing as you'd expect the plot was surprisingly good. The movie wasn't short and had impact-full action scenes, intriguing suspense, and overall grade A entertainment. The fight scene was simply epic, I was looking forward to it all movie and when Vin and The Rock finally duked it out they did not disappoint.

Also, going into the cast I thought that The Rock was a pretty shitty overall actor, and was sure he'd ruin his role. But, Dwayne Johnson definitely played his part well, one of his best performances I think. Certainly had me convinced that he was the top agent the FBI had to offer.

If you're one of those people who inspect every little detail and calculate the improbable while over analyzing the plot holes, you shouldn't be watching this in the first place.

Overall, this movie is a must see and definitely the best action/thriller of the year so far. To me, Fast 5 kick started the summer movie experience early. Enjoy.

howbouthemspurs
04-30-2011, 03:08 PM
Saw this movie last night and it was Fuckin AWESOME!!!

shyne
04-30-2011, 06:01 PM
just saw it, thought it was pretty good. Glad that sexy lil bitch from the last movie is back.

pawe
04-30-2011, 09:28 PM
The scene between ludacris, tyrese and the two hispanics is reminiscent of the will smith, martin lawrence bad boys movie...awesome!!!

And did anyone expect a special drifting scene just for the asian dude. like a legolas special where he gets to show off his own unique skills?

ps the biker chick is hot!

Bito Corleone
04-30-2011, 09:38 PM
Yeah, I wonder why they couldn't get a great actor to do so many of these movies...

Cant_Be_Faded
04-30-2011, 09:59 PM
I always wondered why the fuck they kept making sequels to this movie, and seeing how many of you are fapping to it makes all the pieces fall into place.

This will be my first Fast movie, and I'm only gonna do it to see Diesel-Rock I, which I been waiting for over half a decade for.

pawe
04-30-2011, 10:10 PM
I always wondered why the fuck they kept making sequels to this movie, and seeing how many of you are fapping to it makes all the pieces fall into place.

This will be my first Fast movie, and I'm only gonna do it to see Diesel-Rock I, which I been waiting for over half a decade for.

translation: Im going to make it look like I dont like the movie but the truth is this is just my way of making everyone think im a cool guy for going against the grain.
And yeah, my eyes were glued to the screen all the time and I even sat until the end of the credits to see the extra footage.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-30-2011, 10:19 PM
translation: Im going to make it look like I dont like the movie but the truth is this is just my way of making everyone think im a cool guy for going against the grain.
And yeah, my eyes were glued to the screen all the time and I even sat until the end of the credits to see the extra footage.

I'm not gonna pretend to like it, I'm looking forward to it. And probably will like it. I been waiting for this epic battle for years.

I just never understood the allure of these type of action movies over and over again.
I'd rather watch a Jason Statham action movie if I'm thirsting for action and fast moving objects.

pawe
04-30-2011, 10:23 PM
The allure is brought in by the collaboration of the most interesting characters from the other sequels. It's like the dream team of the street racing culture.
Just like the avengers or justice league..everyone is curious to see their own unique abilities and what they can do why they were picked for the "team".

Cant_Be_Faded
04-30-2011, 10:30 PM
Is little bow wow going to be hot rodding in his big wheel against Paul Walker

ace3g
05-01-2011, 12:05 AM
one positive and/or negative outlook of the film (depends on your opinion) doing well financially (33 million opening day) is that the director of this film will direct the next Terminator movie, which Arnold is signed to star in

CubanSucks
05-01-2011, 02:09 AM
First of all, how the hell do you leave out the race between Toretto's legendary beast and that blue car that was supposed to "rule the streets around here"? That was fucked up. I guarantee you it could've been the best scene in the movie, definitely better than the race between 4 cop cars that they magically steal. Also, gotta love the lack of damage Toretto and the Rock gave out in their fight. They throw each other through multiple walls and windows and land countless clear shots to each others faces, and Toretto has literally one cut over his eye while the Rock I can't even remember.

bottom line, the action scenes were completely badass but the fact that I wanted to bust out laughing every time anyone opened their mouth kinda offset that

This one is arguably better than the first one.

lol what?!

Cry Havoc
05-01-2011, 02:32 AM

Ah yes, people who like car racing/mindless popcorn movies are idiots. But those that want to see a 5'10" movie star fight a 6'4" pro wrestler -- that's quality entertainment. :lol

TIMMYD!
05-01-2011, 11:37 PM
Fucking good movie.

slacker77
05-02-2011, 09:03 AM
Went to see this last night.Pretty good flick.Did anybody else stay for the scene after the credits?

Cry Havoc
05-02-2011, 10:07 AM
Pretty decent film. About what I expected.

***SPOILER***

Although seeing two cars, even as powerful/heavy as they were, ripping a safe that presumably weighs several tons out of it's frame and through a cement wall was absolutely over-the-top ridiculous. :lmao I can't imagine the amount of torque needed to put enough rubber on the road to do something like that, but you'd need at least two huge trucks, perhaps even a semi. :lol All in good fun though.

pawe
05-02-2011, 10:51 AM

***SPOILER***

Although seeing two cars, even as powerful/heavy as they were, ripping a safe that presumably weighs several tons out of it's frame and through a cement wall was absolutely over-the-top ridiculous. :lmao I can't imagine the amount of torque needed to put enough rubber on the road to do something like that, but you'd need at least two huge trucks, perhaps even a semi. :lol All in good fun though.

It's Hollywood, they defy physics.
Tthe 2 giants duking it out smashing thru walls and landing major punches in the face and not even a broken nose or a black eye? Unbeavable!

JoeChalupa
05-02-2011, 10:56 AM
I've only watched the first one. I might redbox this one though.

florige
05-02-2011, 10:59 AM
Went to see this last night.Pretty good flick.Did anybody else stay for the scene after the credits?

Yep I did. Half of my theater left though. Without giving out what it was, I wonder how they are gonna spin that for the next one? :lol It was fun because everyone who was left let out a collective gasp after the picture was shown. Including myself. Freakin awesome!

florige
05-02-2011, 11:03 AM
It's Hollywood, they defy physics.
Tthe 2 giants duking it out smashing thru walls and landing major punches in the face and not even a broken nose or a black eye? Unbeavable!

I know I was thinking the exact same thing.

Trainwreck2100
05-02-2011, 11:08 AM
Yep I did. Half of my theater left though. Without giving out what it was, I wonder how they are gonna spin that for the next one? :lol It was fun because everyone who was left let out a collective gasp after the picture was shown. Including myself. Freakin awesome!

well we are never shown the death to begin with

florige
05-02-2011, 11:31 AM
well we are never shown the death to begin with

I am curious as to how they are going to explain why she couldn't get in contact with him. Or if she didn't try what was her reasoning for not.

DPG21920
05-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Good movie, tbh.

rr2418
05-02-2011, 03:22 PM
According to what I read online, there will be two more sequals. The next one (6th) will take place in Berlin. The 7th and final installment hasn't been decided yet.

DoubtingThomas
05-02-2011, 04:53 PM
People actually still watch these?

CubanSucks
05-02-2011, 05:36 PM
People actually still watch these?

nope, the box office is all a myth

JoeChalupa
05-03-2011, 10:30 AM
nope, the box office is all a myth

It is to me since I rarely go to the movies and pay those outrageous prices.

ALVAREZ6
05-03-2011, 11:02 AM
CBF, I don't get the Diesel vs. Rock obsession. Dwayne Johnson would destroy him with relative ease in real life. Former Miami Hurricane vs. dude who wishes he was.

ohmwrecker
05-03-2011, 11:26 AM
I have never seen one of these movies.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-03-2011, 04:29 PM
Ah yes, people who like car racing/mindless popcorn movies are idiots. But those that want to see a 5'10" movie star fight a 6'4" pro wrestler -- that's quality entertainment. :lol

You're comparing a first of its kind action event to a movie that got re made four times now, one of which featured lil bow wow racing a bunch of japanese dudes. I probably would have seen the first fast and the furious and had a good time. Problem is, I already saw Generic Car Action Movie With Assorted Cleavage Of The 2000s the first time it came out when it was called Gone In Sixty Seconds.

crc21209
05-03-2011, 11:27 PM
I have never seen one of these movies.

What's wrong with you? :lol

Insomniac
05-04-2011, 04:37 AM
And people wonder why Hollywood makes shitty movies. Because they still make millions by repeating the same storyline but just add more explosions and hot babes and you've got a winner.

Jose Canseco
05-04-2011, 03:12 PM
Not all movies are meant to be Oscar worthy productions with great writing, acting, and cinematography. There is obviously a pretty sizable audience that enjoys mindless action flicks.

That said, I thought it was okay. Seems they really tried to create more of a storyline that tied everything together from the other movies and bring it full circle with some closure. I expected more racing since that was what these movies were built on. Don't know why they didn't have an action scene of the race for that light blue Porsche. Only makes sense that they would. As far as Letty goes, I'm also interested how they'll explain it. But agree with what a few others have already suggested that it's not like the unrealistic is beyond a movie like this, considering the fight scene people already mentioned or even the ending action sequence where two little sports cars tore out a police vault out of the station and dragged it through the streets of Rio. The whole family of Fast movies is based a lot on the unbelievable really. Maybe Letty got bit by a vampire and came back to life as the undead...

The movie was okay. Better than the other sequels. Not quite as good as the original.

Technique
05-04-2011, 11:59 PM
First of all, how the hell do you leave out the race between Toretto's legendary beast and that blue car that was supposed to "rule the streets around here"? That was fucked up. I guarantee you it could've been the best scene in the movie, definitely better than the race between 4 cop cars that they magically steal. Also, gotta love the lack of damage Toretto and the Rock gave out in their fight. They throw each other through multiple walls and windows and land countless clear shots to each others faces, and Toretto has literally one cut over his eye while the Rock I can't even remember.

bottom line, the action scenes were completely badass but the fact that I wanted to bust out laughing every time anyone opened their mouth kinda offset that

lol what?!

Well, if we're going to over analyze every single scene of the movie which I'm sure you did why point out a cut when in reality neither of them would be conscious from all the beating they took.

Just analyzing every detail like I'm supposed to, brew.

You seem like the type of person who should stick to watching movies like ocean's 11 and inception.

CubanSucks
05-05-2011, 12:47 AM
You seem like the type of person who should stick to watching movies like ocean's 11 and inception.

don't follow. What do those 2 movies have to do with anything?

Technique
05-05-2011, 12:54 AM
don't follow. What do those 2 movies have to do with anything?

There are movies where analyzing scenes enlighten you, Fast 5 is not one of them.

crc21209
05-05-2011, 03:30 PM
AWESOME fucking movie...:tu

JoeChalupa
05-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Not all movies are meant to be Oscar worthy productions with great writing, acting, and cinematography. There is obviously a pretty sizable audience that enjoys mindless action flicks.

My thoughts exactly. I enjoy all kinds of non-Oscar worthy movies. What gets me is some will critique a movie and say it sucks yet they enjoy other movies that suck.

CubanSucks
05-05-2011, 04:44 PM
My thoughts exactly. I enjoy all kinds of non-Oscar worthy movies. What gets me is some will critique a movie and say it sucks yet they enjoy other movies that suck.

not me. I did the same thing with The Expendables. I am not a movie elitist. I loved the first 2. But the type of movies that TRY to be "that cheesy fun summer flick" annoy the hell out of me. It's not so much the ridiculously unbelievable fight scenes, but rather just every other line trying to sound like the greatest quotes you'll ever hear

koriwhat
05-05-2011, 05:19 PM
weak ass movie just like the 4 before it...

Sense
05-05-2011, 05:21 PM
I wouldn't say this movie was even slightly awesome... I'd say it was good because it keeps you entertained.. but the storyline sucked, but that was to be expected.. They're trying to have too much fun connecting the characters together. I heard Vin Diesel produced this one.. and he will produce the next one as well.. Maybe that's why it was a little different..

Creepn
05-05-2011, 05:28 PM
Yeah, I wonder why they couldn't get a great actor to do so many of these movies...

You don't have to be a "great" actor to just make a simple open mouth gasp or even raise both eye brows a little. Anything to not give the impression that they are concentrating on the harness that's about to fling them backwards.

I don't see why you couldn't just agree with me that he's a shitty actor instead of trying to retort with a lame ass sarcastic remark as if I only watch movies with oscar winning actors and actresses.

Spurtacus
05-10-2011, 04:55 PM
Awesome film. Best in the series. Loved all the carnage at the end.

There are rumors of a sixth film already in the works. As much as I like the franchise I hope they leave it at 5. But this film could go on to gross 200 mil domestically (highest of all films) which pretty much guarantees another film.

MannyIsGod
05-12-2011, 05:35 PM

***SPOILER***

*******************MORE SPOILERS*******************

:lol

Thats true but the real truth is that the movie was already so far over the top when they drive off a cliff and then jump out of the car like its no thing.

Loved every bit of this movie. Exactly what movies like this should be.

:tu :tu

MannyIsGod
05-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Movie seemed long as hell but never had a boring moment

Yeah dude - that epilogue shit took FOREVER.

MannyIsGod
05-12-2011, 05:49 PM
You're comparing a first of its kind action event to a movie that got re made four times now, one of which featured lil bow wow racing a bunch of japanese dudes. I probably would have seen the first fast and the furious and had a good time. Problem is, I already saw Generic Car Action Movie With Assorted Cleavage Of The 2000s the first time it came out when it was called Gone In Sixty Seconds.

Scoff scoff scoff scoff scoff scoff

DPG21920
05-12-2011, 06:02 PM
I saw it at the Imax and it was worth it.

Mugen
05-12-2011, 06:15 PM
Not a bad movie but not my favorite in the series.

(Spoilers Ahead)

I found the most unbelievable thing in the movie to be fat 40 year old Vin Diesel actually punking The Rock (who is fucking huge in this btw).

I can't suspend my disbelief that much.

MannyIsGod
05-12-2011, 06:41 PM
Vin Diesel needs to make another Riddick movie.

CuckingFunt
05-12-2011, 06:56 PM

I agree. Just so long as it's another Pitch Black, and not another Chronicles of Riddick.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-12-2011, 08:35 PM
They will never give him a budget big enough to make another Chronicles of Riddick movie. But if they were somehow crazy enough to fund another Riddick movie, I would totally go see that.
They should get The Rock to come onboard for it too.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-12-2011, 08:36 PM
Scoff scoff scoff scoff scoff scoff

:lol amirightoramiright?

MannyIsGod
05-12-2011, 09:13 PM
I actually liked Chronicles

leemajors
05-12-2011, 09:42 PM
I agree. Just so long as it's another Pitch Black, and not another Chronicles of Riddick.

I liked Chronicles of Riddick better, it was comedic genius. Fast Five was pretty entertaining too, especially with pregnant quasi parkour

DMC
05-13-2011, 12:04 AM
Chronicles were good. Riddick movies are good.

Spurtacus
05-13-2011, 12:40 PM

Could be one of his next projects. XXX3 and Hannibal are others.

florige
05-13-2011, 12:43 PM
Not a bad movie but not my favorite in the series.

(Spoilers Ahead)

I found the most unbelievable thing in the movie to be fat 40 year old Vin Diesel actually punking The Rock (who is fucking huge in this btw).

I can't suspend my disbelief that much.

I didn't find it unbelievable that he was beating the Rock, I found it unbelievable that both of their faces looked pretty much untouched after that brutal fight scene.

Technique
05-13-2011, 02:23 PM
I didn't find it unbelievable that he was beating the Rock, I found it unbelievable that both of their faces looked pretty much untouched after that brutal fight scene.

Another one.

redzero
05-13-2011, 03:13 PM
The last 20 minutes made me http://i56.tinypic.com/2hrhlwz.gif

Technique
05-13-2011, 03:18 PM

Come on bro, shit was entertaining.

MannyIsGod
05-13-2011, 05:11 PM

Yeah that shit took WAY too long. No one cares what the fuck happens to these shitty characters after the final chase scene. Either blow shit up or GTFO.

Technique
05-13-2011, 05:19 PM
Yeah that shit took WAY too long. No one cares what the fuck happens to these shitty characters after the final chase scene. Either blow shit up or GTFO.

Did you mean to post this in the Thor thread? :lol