PDA

View Full Version : What teams would you most/least like to face in first round?

The Batman
12-14-2010, 10:34 PM
Discuss

TD 21
12-14-2010, 10:56 PM
Most: Trail Blazers. Roy is playing on one leg, they're extremely limited offensively and they're not real athletic. The Spurs could beat them in five (four if they were really focused and locked in), blow them out in two and cruise to the next round, with little wear and tear.

Teams like the Suns, Rockets and Grizzlies are explosive enough offensively to potentially push it to six games and put more wear and tear on the Spurs.

Least: Mavs. It has nothing to do with the actual match-up, just seen it too many times in recent years. Maybe down the line in the playoffs, fine, but not in the first round. I'm confident the Spurs would win, but there's always the chance a team loses.

u4lakers14
12-14-2010, 11:04 PM
most as of right now: new orleans
least as of right now: spurs

i know the mavs are the hottest team right now or whatever, but it seems like they always go soft at some point in the post season. will that change with the new bigs? maybe.

even winning a series against the fucking spurs can hurt a team. hopefully, should we make good in the playoffs, i wouldnt mind seeing the mavs and spurs duke it out for seven games, beating the piss out of each other before we have to deal with either.

HarlemHeat37
12-15-2010, 12:15 AM
I'm going to ignore teams like the Lakers and Mavs, because barring some kind of unforeseen event, those teams won't be as low as 7th or 8th..

Most: Portland, for the reasons TD21 mentioned..

Least: Houston w/Yao ..Rockets-Spurs games usually go down to the wire, and Houston seems to gets up for those games..