PDA

View Full Version : How long until Dwight Howard asks for a trade?

j.dizzle
12-14-2010, 11:28 PM
:lol Damn Orl was just tied with Denver with 6 minutes to go in the game & are down by damn near 20 pts now hahaha. He doesnt look happy at all. His teammates would rather dribble the ball for 20 seconds & chuck up a contested shot then throw the ball into the post. :lmao Lewis ruining the team with his contract, 8 big points & 2 boards tonight. 20+ mil a year to do absolutely nothing to help his team. Bass does two times more positive shit then.

IronMexican
12-14-2010, 11:29 PM
Imagine if that Lewis contract was used on an actual good player? Scary, brah.

j.dizzle
12-14-2010, 11:42 PM
They wasting Dwights prime years if they dont switch it up soon. A lot of ppl say that Orl is deep but they're deep with the wrong type of players. They scored 20 pts in the paint tonight vs a Denver team that doesnt play much defense. Gortat has regressed bigtime too, he probably scored like 2 pts today.

HarlemHeat37
12-15-2010, 12:06 AM
They will be making a trade any time now, it will be Carter's expiring contract..

It doesn't matter though..Rashard Lewis' contract kills any chance they have..the more he plays, the more that contract is making an argument for being the worst contract in NBA history..

There were rumors of trying an OJ Mayo trade, we'll see..

TD 21
12-15-2010, 12:06 AM
I don't see him requesting a trade, but I could see them getting desperate at the deadline to appease him and making the Arenas trade (unless something better materializes). Arenas is risky, obviously, because of his injury history and massive contract. But I don't see them being able to do better.

Like the Mavs, they need a go-to perimeter scorer in the worst way. They can't even pretend with Carter anymore. If they get Arenas, then they really have to change their team, because an Arenas-Nelson back court isn't going to cut it defensively.

Off the top of my head, Nelson for Matthews and a decent secondary asset (Babbitt, Williams, Johnson, Mills, a protected 1st). Nelson would give the Trail Blazers a younger PG that can shoot and play off the ball, while also dominating the ball when they need it. Matthews gives the Magic a bigger guard and a better defender, but he can also handle some, so Arenas could play off the ball at times.

Everyone thinks Carter has to go to make the Arenas trade work, but I wouldn't put it past the Wizards to take on Lewis for the chance to get rid of Arenas. They might figure, they're stuck with a bloated contract anyway, so they might as well take one that fits a positional need, isn't a ball dominating type, is low key and known as a character guy.

It's more likely it takes Carter, though. If it doesn't, then the Magic could move Carter in a separate trade.

It's time the Magic re-load on the fly around Howard. There's not a single other piece on the roster that should be viewed as even close to untouchable.