PDA

View Full Version : Lakers making deals...Spurs keep Bonner

SequSpur
12-15-2010, 12:55 AM
1st round and done...rollin up and trucking....we gonna do what they say can't be done...we got a long way to go and a short time to get there...San Antonio Spurs are 1st round and done....

Splitter.....sheet dog!

lmao...

DesignatedT
12-15-2010, 12:59 AM
:sleep

LeCrab
12-15-2010, 12:59 AM
yo sesqu spur did you ever bone spurslady

DeadlyDynasty
12-15-2010, 01:02 AM
:tu

Solid D
12-15-2010, 01:12 AM
True, the Lakers give up a guy named Sasha playing less than 5 minutes/game and scoring 1.8 ppg plus a 1st round draft pick for a guy averaging 6 minutes/game and scoring 0.5 ppg and pulling down 0.8 rpg.

Joe Smitthhh!!!

ducks
12-15-2010, 01:21 AM
so short stuff what player do you think spurs can get for booner?

honestfool84
12-15-2010, 01:22 AM
:lol

TDMVPDPOY
12-15-2010, 01:24 AM
cry me a river

TJastal
12-15-2010, 01:28 AM
True, the Lakers give up a guy named Sasha playing less than 5 minutes/game and scoring 1.8 ppg plus a 1st round draft pick for a guy averaging 6 minutes/game and scoring 0.5 ppg and pulling down 0.8 rpg.

Joe Smitthhh!!!

Don't underestimate Joe Smith, the guy is/has been a vital cog to a lot of great teams in the past.

Solid D
12-15-2010, 01:32 AM
I'm not...nor am I overestimating him... but this is a Sequ thread. Sequ's threads are hormonal.

Darkwaters
12-15-2010, 02:11 AM
I'm not sure the Lakers got anywhere near the best of this trade. They gave up a player they weren't playing at all, and that had a valuable expiring contract, with a 1st rounder for a scrub that will simply add a small amount of depth to their front line. I'm not too amazed.

Now, Smith might be just the right amount of band aid that the team needs to save Gasol for the playoffs. But thats a high price to pay for him.

TJastal
12-15-2010, 02:22 AM
I'm not sure the Lakers got anywhere near the best of this trade. They gave up a player they weren't playing at all, and that had a valuable expiring contract, with a 1st rounder for a scrub that will simply add a small amount of depth to their front line. I'm not too amazed.

Now, Smith might be just the right amount of band aid that the team needs to save Gasol for the playoffs. But thats a high price to pay for him.

Not really that big of deal IMO. Who was their first rounder this year? Devin Ebanks? Shit player from what I've seen. Last year, they sold off their pick. Year before that, Jarvaris Crittendon.

Clearly they aren't striking paydirt with their choices lately, and are also looking at a very late round pick.

In Smith they get an experienced veteran who will provide insurance for Gasol & Bynum.

Very good move by the lakers IMO.

4>0rings
12-15-2010, 02:27 AM
1st round and done...rollin up and trucking....we gonna do what they say can't be done...we got a long way to go and a short time to get there...San Antonio Spurs are 1st round and done....

Splitter.....sheet dog!

lmao...
I'am the founding father of the get rid of Bonner bandwagon and all, but step your game up son.

JustinJDW
12-15-2010, 02:27 AM
I gotta say, I haven't even been on SpursTalk all that long, but this gimmick you got going on Sequ is getting pretty damn old. Does making threads like this all the time fufill you with some type of sense of accoplishment or something? I mean really dude?

Darkwaters
12-15-2010, 03:09 AM
Not really that big of deal IMO. Who was their first rounder this year? Devin Ebanks? Shit player from what I've seen. Last year, they sold off their pick. Year before that, Jarvaris Crittendon.

Clearly they aren't striking paydirt with their choices lately, and are also looking at a very late round pick.

In Smith they get an experienced veteran who will provide insurance for Gasol & Bynum.

Very good move by the lakers IMO.

I don't think the Lakers had a first rounder this year either. Devin Ebanks went 43 to the Lakers and then they got Derrick Caracter at like 58.

TE
12-15-2010, 03:27 AM
lol at this thread.

Bruno
12-15-2010, 03:40 AM
That's a great trade for Lakers but it is a financial move.
They'll save $4.6M in luxury tax and about $3.2M in salary. It's $7.8M saved at the cost of a late first round pick. Late first round pick are usually sold $3M in cash, do the math...
BB wise, Joe Smith should be at the deep end of the bench like Vujacic. I wouldn't be surprised to see Lakers adding a guard like Antonio Daniels before the playoffs because they only have 4 guards under contract.

Nets also do really well in this trade. They are a rebuilding team that got 2 first round picks without giving up a lot.

I don't get this trade for Rockets. They are just stockpiling average players without a goal and create logjams. Maybe there is a bigger picture but it seems they are lost on what they should do.

jjktkk
12-15-2010, 03:50 AM
I don't think the Lakers had a first rounder this year either. Devin Ebanks went 43 to the Lakers and then they got Derrick Caracter at like 58.

Your correct. Surprisingly, Tjasty didn't bother to look it up before posting.

TJastal
12-15-2010, 04:08 AM
They'll save $4.6M in luxury tax and about $3.2M in salary. It's $7.8M saved at the cost of a late first round pick. Late first round pick are usually sold $3M in cash, do the math...
BB wise, Joe Smith should be at the deep end of the bench like Vujacic. I wouldn't be surprised to see Lakers adding a guard like Antonio Daniels before the playoffs because they only have 4 guards under contract.

Nets also do really well in this trade. They are a rebuilding team that got 2 first round picks without giving up a lot.

I don't get this trade for Rockets. They are just stockpiling average players without a goal and create logjams. Maybe there is a bigger picture but it seems they are lost on what they should do.

With Gasol running on near fumes and Bynum just returning in limited minutes wouldn't surprise me to see Smith get some regular PT for awhile.

jjktkk
12-15-2010, 04:13 AM

I think they are lost as well, but they do have alot of young pieces to possibly make a big trade, sometime in the future.

buttsR4rebounding
12-15-2010, 06:30 AM

Joe Smitthhh!!!

Of course, just from the standpoint of who is doing the picking late round Spurs picks are more valueable than late round Lakers picks so they really just dumped some salary. They never would have figured out a useful draft pick at 25 or below.

UnWantedTheory
12-15-2010, 07:16 AM
Joe Smith is a decent role player who could still help some teams, but he doesnt push the Lakers any further than they already are IMO. Good move though. Although I don't expect much PT for Joe, he is decent insurance considering Gasol's playing time & the uncertainty of Bynum.

sa_butta
12-15-2010, 08:33 AM
Don't you think Bonner is more of a value to our team than bringin in someone else via trade?? Bonner is shooting well right now and the team is playing well together...No reason to change anything that is working.

jgome21
12-15-2010, 09:24 AM
I wouldn't trade away Bonner, he fits well in our system. The only knack on his play is his inabliity to carry his effectiveness into the playoffs. Hopefully, he can continue shooting at a high percentage in the playoffs this time around.........

ohmwrecker
12-15-2010, 09:29 AM
I would like to challenge Sequ to a bet. If the Spurs get past the first round, you are in self-imposed "can't start threads" mode for one year. If the Spurs fail to make the playoffs, or lose in the first round . . . name your price.

Zelophehad
12-15-2010, 09:30 AM
tbh Joe Smith sucked in the 90s, all he can do is take charges and hit an occasional jumper. Big deal.

Darkwaters
12-15-2010, 09:31 AM
Don't you think Bonner is more of a value to our team than bringin in someone else via trade?? Bonner is shooting well right now and the team is playing well together...No reason to change anything that is working.

I agree with that. If the Spurs are going to make any moves it needs to be with players currently outside any conceivable rotation. The only exception to that would be Udoka (but hes not tradeable for a while anyways) since hes just a stopgap fill-in anyways.

This team is jiving so well right now I wouldn't screw with it at all.

kaji157
12-15-2010, 12:43 PM
The lakers adding smith is a fianncial move and one that can spare gasol some minutes if bynum goes down again, thatīs it.

DJB
12-15-2010, 12:51 PM
I love it when ducks comments on Sequ's threads

Vito Corleone
12-15-2010, 01:02 PM
i'm not...nor am i overestimating him... But this is a sequ thread. Sequ's threads are homo.

fify

howbouthemspurs
12-15-2010, 01:08 PM
This thread makes me want to rape a blind midget :depressed

Cry Havoc
12-15-2010, 01:29 PM
Very good deal by the Lakers.

Fantastic deal by the Nets, one of the best moves for any team this season.

HORRIBLE deal for the Rockets. Wtf are they thinking?

spurtech09
12-15-2010, 04:34 PM
Blah Blah Blah

ClingingMars
12-15-2010, 04:54 PM
I would like to challenge Sequ to a bet. If the Spurs get past the first round, you are in self-imposed "can't start threads" mode for one year. If the Spurs fail to make the playoffs, or lose in the first round . . . name your price.

or just pink him

just do it Kori/timvp

Cry Havoc
12-15-2010, 05:34 PM
Blah Blah Blah

Grey Spurs fan with yet another stellar contribution. :rolleyes

DPG21920
12-15-2010, 05:58 PM
I think his point was that the back to back champs are doing things (whether it be for financial or basketball reasons) and are not resting. They are active.

He probably wants the same from the Spurs because there are holes that can be filled via trade and opportunities to poach some talent for cheap (although it's difficult when you are over the cap and are trying to stay under the tax line).

EricD
12-15-2010, 06:06 PM
Grey Spurs fan with yet another stellar contribution. :rolleyes

Sorry we have a life outside of Spurstalk.

Unlike yourself with 12,000 posts and no medal.

Get a life and get a clue.

Solid D
12-15-2010, 07:18 PM

Wayyyyy too much insight into the numbers, Bruno. May I suggest you move your comments to a thread more worthy?

This thread is solely about Sequ's hormonal feelings about Matt Bonner and has nothing really to do with the Lakers.

Cessation
12-15-2010, 07:25 PM
cool story bro

ohmwrecker
12-15-2010, 08:39 PM
or just pink him

just do it Kori/timvp

Won't happen. For whatever reason, Sequ has carte blanche around here. I was just curious if he would stand behind his statement or if he is truly full of shit. I think we all know the answer.

lol DPG translating Sequ

DPG21920
12-15-2010, 08:48 PM
I took a class tbh...I am bilingual.

SequSpur
12-15-2010, 09:48 PM
Wayyyyy too much insight into the numbers, Bruno. May I suggest you move your comments to a thread more worthy?

This thread is solely about Sequ's hormonal feelings about Matt Bonner and has nothing really to do with the Lakers.

go back to reading your newspapers solid d......

I got this...

SequSpur
12-15-2010, 09:55 PM
I gotta say, I haven't even been on SpursTalk all that long, but this gimmick you got going on Sequ is getting pretty damn old. Does making threads like this all the time fufill you with some type of sense of accoplishment or something? I mean really dude?

Welcome!

SequSpur
12-15-2010, 09:57 PM
so short stuff what player do you think spurs can get for booner?

really dude? booner?

http://www.southparkstuff.com/content/images/epiguid/season7/episode702.jpg

DPG21920
12-15-2010, 10:02 PM
Sequ, I'm going to list some posters and you tell us if they know their sh*t:

Ducks:

Solid D:

Kori:

Mouse:

SequSpur
12-15-2010, 11:01 PM
Ducks: dumber than a box of rocks

Solid D: with the express news, this guy is deadly

Kori: she is the owner, so of course, she is tops.

Mouse: doesn't know much of anything unless he can photoshop it.

:toast

DPG21920
12-15-2010, 11:11 PM
Good take

arodz
12-16-2010, 01:21 AM
Don't underestimate Joe Smith, the guy is/has been a vital cog to a lot of great teams in the past.

Can you name any specific examples? And keep in mind...you said GREAT.

TJastal
12-16-2010, 09:08 AM
Can you name any specific examples? And keep in mind...you said GREAT.

He played on some damn good timberwolves teams back in the 90's, was on the cavs team team a few years ago, also the hawks.

Okay, maybe not great, but he's been on good teams in the past.

DieHardSpursFan1537
12-16-2010, 09:21 AM
Great, another mindless thread from Sequ.

Cry Havoc
12-16-2010, 09:28 AM
Sorry we have a life outside of Spurstalk.

Unlike yourself with 12,000 posts and no medal.

Get a life and get a clue.

:lmao

The "I'm on an internet forum about sports but you obviously don't have social skills because you have more posts than me" argument. Priceless. :lmao

Newsflash, grey spurs fan -- You're still on an internet message board. And it's about sports. Talking smack to other people for doing the same thing is absolutely hilarious. :lmao

Great, another mindless thread from Sequ.

If you don't like it, why bump it?