PDA

View Full Version : Are the 2010 spurs the best team ever assembled?

TJastal
12-15-2010, 01:14 AM
Hell ya, I think they are. No team in nba history could topple our 12 deep roster.

We're 20-3, and might I add I am celebrating right now with a cigar & champagne in my jacuzzi.

Discuss.

ynh
12-15-2010, 01:18 AM
How about you don't count your chickens before they hatch. This advise coming from someone who's favorite team started 37-5 and never made it to the finals a few years back.

And no.. to answer your question.

TDMVPDPOY
12-15-2010, 01:23 AM
premature ejaculation thread

LoneStarState'sPride
Jury's still out on whether they're even the best SPURS team ever assembled, much less NBA team in general.

Imma go with "No."

jaffies
No team in nba history could topple our 12 deep roster...

We're 20-3

Solid D
12-15-2010, 01:24 AM
TJastal, you despise Bonner and Pop, yet this is the greatest team ever?

OrEmuN
12-15-2010, 01:28 AM
Unless the Bulls record is surpassed, 2010 Spurs can never be considered the best team ever.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-15-2010, 01:30 AM
premature ejaculation thread

Not merely premature ejaculation, but premature explosion of entire penis-balls-prostate complex! :lmao

doobs
12-15-2010, 01:31 AM
lol at people taking this seriously

TJastal
12-15-2010, 01:32 AM
Unless the Bulls record is surpassed, 2010 Spurs can never be considered the best team ever.

Well we can always celebrate in the meantime. I'm gonna go get me some happy pills and go watch the jumbo jets take off.

ynh
12-15-2010, 01:34 AM
I'm sure there was some Net fan celebrating being the greatest team ever after they started the season 1-0.. nothing wrong with optomisim. If you feel so much I would advise you going to vegas and putting everything you own on them winning the championship.

DeadlyDynasty
12-15-2010, 01:39 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

DesignatedT
12-15-2010, 01:44 AM
Only if we had Roger Mason jr... and pop was fired.

cutewizard
12-15-2010, 01:47 AM
Guys, lets just keep cool. Just relax....

Lets think that we are just 10-10 right now.

If we could get Varejao and T Prince......well.....among the deepest in NBA history we could be

TJastal
12-15-2010, 01:50 AM
Guys, lets just keep cool. Just relax....

Lets think that we are just 10-10 right now.

If we could get Varejao and T Prince......well.....among the deepest in NBA history we could be

Oh.... hell ya. With those two dervishes we'd be deeper than deep. Just how deep is that? Ahh.. I'm getting philosophical now. Too many happy pills...

Darkwaters
12-15-2010, 02:06 AM
Clearly this is the greatest team ever assembled in any sport. I really think the Spurs could take on any team in the history of sports and beat them at their sport. Football? Cake. Hockey? Too easy. Baseball? A woman's game.

Hoops Czar
12-15-2010, 02:11 AM
Results after playing a relatively weak schedule. 2003 was the best Spurs team ever assembled.

TJastal
12-15-2010, 02:13 AM
Clearly this is the greatest team ever assembled in any sport. I really think the Spurs could take on any team in the history of sports and beat them at their sport. Football? Cake. Hockey? Too easy. Baseball? A woman's game.

Now you're talkin.

This calls for some celebration. I'm going to go bungie jump off the nearest cell tower and down a shot of tequila on the way down.

Solid D
12-15-2010, 02:36 AM
This team couldn't beat Ditka and 11 gypsies.

TJastal
12-15-2010, 02:40 AM
Got damn, that was fun. Almost chipped a tooth on the shot glass on the snap back. Would have been worth it though. We're 20 and fucking 3.

Man In Black
12-15-2010, 02:48 AM
Pessimism becomes you. Aren't you the one called Mayhem in the commercials?
vtP-S9OS0o0

TJastal
12-15-2010, 02:57 AM
Pessimism becomes you. Aren't you the one called Mayhem in the commercials?
vtP-S9OS0o0

That was the old me. I've decided to put all that pessimism aside and think only happy thoughts, positive thoughts. Hence the creation of this thread.

Sense
12-15-2010, 02:59 AM
This thread title sounds like something ESPN would say... about the Heat.

12-15-2010, 03:04 AM
yes. yes, they are.

jjktkk
12-15-2010, 03:06 AM
We're 20-3, and might I add I am celebrating right now with a cigar & champagne in my jacuzzi.

Discuss.

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/3146/2ltlve8.jpg

slayermin
12-15-2010, 03:06 AM
All I know is that this team is pretty damn good.

Litmus test at the end of the month.

jjktkk
12-15-2010, 03:08 AM
I want to see how this current team does against the Lakers, Celtics, etc..., before I can give an opinion. Definitely impressed so far this season.

jjktkk
12-15-2010, 03:10 AM
TJastal, you despise Bonner and Pop, yet this is the greatest team ever?

Hes was probably drunk when he posted this thread.

DespЏrado
12-15-2010, 03:18 AM
Not merely premature ejaculation, but premature explosion of entire penis-balls-prostate complex! :lmao

this :rollin
a thousand times this.

TE
12-15-2010, 03:21 AM
Still got to beat the defending champs and the real contenders in the league.

TJastal
12-15-2010, 04:10 AM
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/3146/2ltlve8.jpg

LOL that's a good one. Touche~

UnWantedTheory
12-15-2010, 06:14 AM
He is obviously fucking about with poor sarcasm. He tends to not understand what people are actually saying, so he feels the need to poke fun at others optimism. He is easily confused.

UnWantedTheory
12-15-2010, 06:14 AM
But I'm drunk.:toast

mingus
12-15-2010, 07:06 AM
I understand this is a facetious thread, but I'll answer the question anyway. The Spurs don't have a chance against LA or Boston if Bonner is ahead of Splitter in the rotation. Splitter needs to be playing 20 minutes a game.

ChuckD
12-15-2010, 08:14 AM
He is obviously fucking about with poor sarcasm. He tends to not understand what people are actually saying, so he feels the need to poke fun at others optimism.

TJastal
12-15-2010, 08:52 AM
I understand this is a facetious thread, but I'll answer the question anyway. The Spurs don't have a chance against LA or Boston if Bonner is ahead of Splitter in the rotation. Splitter needs to be playing 20 minutes a game.

He'll get it soon. Trust in Pop.

TJastal
12-15-2010, 09:08 AM
He is obviously fucking about with poor sarcasm. He tends to not understand what people are actually saying, so he feels the need to poke fun at others optimism. He is easily confused.

I realize now that I am just stupid. I stand in awe of your genius, sir. :toast

jgome21
12-15-2010, 09:33 AM
It's too early in the season. Injuries and tired legs could always mount up to haunt ya. Offensively, this Spurs team may be one of the best, but I would like to see the defensive intensity to pick up a bit. We lack a shot blocker/intimidator in the paint. TD is losing a step on the defensive rotation a lil bit and Blair is too undersized to be a shot blocker. Splitter is rarely on the court and Bonner isn't an intimidator....But then again, we keep winning games so time will tell.

hater
12-15-2010, 09:41 AM
what a stupid fucking thread

Doctor J
12-15-2010, 10:05 AM
I still feel like... we need a playoffs-tested clutch three-point shooters like Mario Elie, Steve Kerr, or Robert Horry who could deliver a victory or two per each playoff series.

TJastal
12-15-2010, 10:12 AM
what a stupid fucking thread

:nope

concken
12-15-2010, 10:18 AM
i haven't seen you bring any type of asset to this site

TJastal
12-15-2010, 10:22 AM
i haven't seen you bring any type of asset to this site

What do suggest I bring to the site? I'm at least trying to discuss basketball here.

ohmwrecker
12-15-2010, 10:25 AM
What do suggest I bring to the site? I'm at least trying to discuss basketball here.

I was going to start a "Are The Spurs Too Balanced?" thread, but I think you should do it.

Cry Havoc
12-15-2010, 10:25 AM
:lmao at people taking this thread seriously.

Martin R
12-15-2010, 11:51 AM
saying that this Spurs team is the best ever by just considering their (partial) record is, let's say, a looking the fill part of the glass.
Eg : Spurs are yet to prove they can improve their defense (almost 100 points a game).

SpurSpurSpurs
12-15-2010, 12:06 PM
No. IDK, I just don't feel they will get their 5th ring with this kind of style. This is actually one of the most boring Spurs team I've watched (Duncan era). Yes, they do alley oops, fancy layup/dunks and a lot of fast breaks but that's not what I wanted them to do. I missed the old Spurs who would set up a half court offense, post up as their first option, the team rebounding, or play "Barbarian like" defense that would result to a 2 digit end game scores from them and opposing team.

in2deep
12-15-2010, 12:08 PM
No. IDK, I just don't feel they will get their 5th ring with this kind of style. This is actually one of the most boring Spurs team I've watched (Duncan era). Yes, they do alley oops, fancy layup/dunks and a lot of fast breaks but that's not what I wanted them to do. I missed the old Spurs who would set up a half court offense, post up as their first option, the team rebounding, or play "Barbarian like" defense that would result to a 2 digit end game scores from them and opposing team.

what's your point? they are winning with this style. Who cares if you find it boring or not?

Newsflash, this team as it is assembled cannot play the way the old Spurs teams did. If they tried they would get killed every single night.

Not saying they are ready to win a ring but complaining about the best start in team history considering the age of our top 2 players is crazy.

SpurSpurSpurs
12-15-2010, 12:51 PM
what's your point? they are winning with this style. Who cares if you find it boring or not?

Newsflash, this team as it is assembled cannot play the way the old Spurs teams did. If they tried they would get killed every single night.

Not saying they are ready to win a ring but complaining about the best start in team history considering the age of our top 2 players is crazy.

Don't get me wrong. I like seeing our team winning, with "style" as you said though that's your preference. But what can I do? My preference is to see constant great D's, priority maybe. Lets see post regular season what will happen. :toast

jjktkk
12-15-2010, 03:43 PM
Don't get me wrong. I like seeing our team winning, with "style" as you said though that's your preference. But what can I do? My preference is to see constant great D's, priority maybe. Lets see post regular season what will happen. :toast

I'm sure that Pop would prefer winning the old Spurs way as well, but giving the exits of the Admiral,Bowen, etc..., pop has had to retool this team on the fly, and play to this current teams strengths, which is offense. Most of us know Pop will always preach defense and although this current Spurs team will never be condsidered elite, in terms of defense, their defense has the chance to be solid and is slowly improving as the season evolves.

temujin
12-15-2010, 04:30 PM
Any "best team ever" MUST necessarily include the legendary Tyrus Thomas.

Not the "Euro douche" Splitter.

UnWantedTheory
12-16-2010, 02:13 AM
I realize now that I am just stupid. I stand in awe of your genius, sir. :toast
If you refuse to listen to your therapist, you might as well listen to me. You are realizing I am superior to you & that is the first stage. I am very proud of you. Although you might be my first student who will fail to graduate, I can learn many different aspects of mental retardation from this experience. I thank you for your contribution. :toast

Capt Bringdown
12-16-2010, 02:21 AM
As stunning as our record is, it sucks that we don't have much separation from our rivals.
If the playoffs started today, I don't think we'd be able to beat the Mavs or Lakers.
The regular season wins are fun, but our weaknesses haven't been fully addressed.

UnWantedTheory
12-16-2010, 03:12 AM
As stunning as our record is, it sucks that we don't have much separation from our rivals.
If the playoffs started today, I don't think we'd be able to beat the Mavs or Lakers.
The regular season wins are fun, but our weaknesses haven't been fully addressed.
You speak the truth, but stop living up to your name.:p:

jestersmash
12-16-2010, 03:15 AM

Sure, if Dirk shoots 10-12 (83%) from the field every single game we wouldn't be able to beat the Mavs...

He had a similar type of game against us during the playoffs last playoffs. Didn't turn out so hot for the Mavs as far as the entire series goes, though.

ShoogarBear
12-16-2010, 03:26 AM
The loss in Denver tonight is all but assured.

Emeyin
12-16-2010, 12:17 PM
whoa whoa whoa..!! win a championship first then we'll talk about it!

DMC
12-16-2010, 12:19 PM
Hell ya, I think they are. No team in nba history could topple our 12 deep roster.

Discuss.
No. DEA is on the way to your house.

DMC
12-16-2010, 12:21 PM

If the Spurs win tonight, I think that will be a good indicator of their ability to make the necessary adjustments. Most team have lapses that last several games. The elite ones make quick game to game adjustments. So, though I think you are probably right, I have been pleased so far this year by the Spurs' ability to prove me wrong.

Cry Havoc
12-16-2010, 12:51 PM

We'll either lose a close one, or blow them out. I could see either happening, but I worry that Melo might have a 30+ night against us.