PDA

View Full Version : What warrants a thread being closed?

JayTheClown
12-15-2010, 05:51 PM
In the NBA forum the thread entitled "Why Desi Guys act Black..." was just closed and I wondering why? I understand it had a lot of inappropriate shit in the thread. A lot of it kinda pissed me off (I am not Indian, but Have friends who are), but I have seen lakaluva and other guys start threads a lot more offensive then that thread. So what did this do that warranted it to get closed?

JayTheClown
12-15-2010, 06:43 PM
I think I understand now. The thread had nothing to do with the NBA. :lol

OK

koriwhat
12-15-2010, 06:44 PM
:lol

wannabe Moderator
12-15-2010, 06:46 PM
:lmao

jeebus
12-15-2010, 06:57 PM
wow

JayTheClown
12-15-2010, 07:10 PM
Hey second look. I look over there now and I see a shit load of threads over there that don't have shit to do with the NBA. So I ask my question again.

koriwhat
12-15-2010, 07:12 PM
Hey second look. I look over there now and I see a shit load of threads over there that don't have shit to do with the NBA. So I ask my question again.

thank your fellow mav fans and laker fans for shitty threads in the nba forum that all have the potential to be dropped.

ALVAREZ6
12-15-2010, 07:39 PM
In the NBA forum the thread entitled "Why Desi Guys act Black..." was just closed and I wondering why? I understand it had a lot of inappropriate shit in the thread. A lot of it kinda pissed me off (I am not Indian, but Have friends who are), but I have seen lakaluva and other guys start threads a lot more offensive then that thread. So what did this do that warranted it to get closed?
lol a troll becoming butthurt and having human concerns about his thread being closed :baby:cry:cry:cry

JayTheClown
12-15-2010, 07:40 PM
lol a troll becoming butthurt and having human concerns about his thread being closed :baby:cry:cry:cry

It wasn't my thread

ALVAREZ6
12-15-2010, 07:45 PM
It wasn't my thread

ahh, that's a shame, I found that thread more entertaining than 99% of all threads started in the NBA forum.

Sense
12-15-2010, 07:45 PM
NBA forum is the new Troll Forum, I really don't understand why 90% of the threads there are still doing up, I guess it's a way to control the morons.

KapitanTutan
12-15-2010, 07:51 PM
you are really unfunny for a clown

Kori Ellis
12-15-2010, 08:05 PM
There's no rules about it. It's just done on a whim.

When the NBA forum falls a few levels below its general cesspool status, then I close a few threads that don't belong there, merge a few threads that are repetitive and tell a few people to knock it off. Then it gets back to its normal level for a little while again.

mouse
12-15-2010, 08:07 PM
Trust me a locked topic is better than a deleted one.

pawe
12-15-2010, 08:35 PM

When the NBA forum falls a few levels below its general cesspool status, then I close a few threads that don't belong there, merge a few threads that are repetitive and tell a few people to knock it off. Then it gets back to its normal level for a little while again.

Doesn't sound hard at all....

Doug Whiner
12-15-2010, 08:58 PM
I've heard this many times before.

Creepn
12-15-2010, 09:06 PM

I think you guys should be a little more strict in regulating these forums. I know yall trying to keep the "free speech" going but damn, some shit doesn't need to be free.

I am Tom
12-15-2010, 09:10 PM
You all really need to ask? :bang

lil'mo
12-15-2010, 09:44 PM
I think you guys should be a little more strict in regulating these forums. I know yall trying to keep the "free speech" going but damn, some shit doesn't need to be free.

lol Shut the fuck up, pussy

Creepn
12-15-2010, 09:49 PM
lol Shut the fuck up, pussy

Has nothing to do with being a pussy. It's just stupid ass shit to read.

mouse
12-15-2010, 10:15 PM
Has nothing to do with being a pussy. It's just stupid ass shit to read.

And you have no other choice but to read it? come on dude put your big boy pants on. You think Kori and others really like reading all this childish crap about calve tats and knob gobbling? It's not ST's fault MavTalk shut down and SR is dead. (well the SR part may be true)....but where do you set the bar, when do you say that a topic is ok or that one isn't?

I have read some of your postings and topics you post in and I really don't care to read them but I don't go asking Kori to become the forum Nanny 911

and to regulate shit I don't care to read. If that was the case there wouldn't be anymore topics like "fries or baked potato" topics,

Maybe SpursWoman doesn't like reading my NASA postings, maybe Joe Chaluapa doesn't want to see GayAbc's remolded kitchen photos, maybe CosmicCowboy doesn't want to see SequSpur's "get rid of Manu" topics.

The point is you have choices in life you can read a book or go watch TruTV but don't pull out the soccer mom card unless you already posted in the
"Are you man enough?' topic.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168062