PDA

View Full Version : House Approves DADT Repeal, Gohmert Warns Of ‘End Of Existence’

boutons_deux
12-15-2010, 06:08 PM
the end of their existence as a great nation.

http://thinkprogress.org/2010/12/15/house-dadt-vote/

==========

Gohmert, Semper Cretinous.

I find this vote amazing, the US finally getting one thing right, but the Senate Repugs are sure to filibuster or somehow make a hell of lot of noise, to appease all their "Christian" hate organizations.

Wild Cobra
12-15-2010, 07:41 PM
What good does abolishing the method for gays to serve if they don't also remove the ban of gays serving?

LnGrrrR
12-15-2010, 08:07 PM
What good does abolishing the method for gays to serve if they don't also remove the ban of gays serving?

WC, I think the reasoning is that they would also remove the ban on gays serving. It's just easier to say, "Repeal DADT" then "Repeal DADT and also make it legal for gays to serve".

Wild Cobra
12-15-2010, 08:10 PM
WC, I think the reasoning is that they would also remove the ban on gays serving. It's just easier to say, "Repeal DADT" then "Repeal DADT and also make it legal for gays to serve".
Yet last time I brought up this same point, nobody showed me in the legislation what you ASS-U-me to be true!

LnGrrrR
12-15-2010, 08:25 PM
Yet last time I brought up this same point, nobody showed me in the legislation what you ASS-U-me to be true!

Well, common sense would tell you that people are trying to allow gays to serve in the military, and not get them kicked out easier. :lol

ElNono
12-15-2010, 08:34 PM

Since you're the one wondering, why don't you look up the legislation and see how it addresses your concern?
Ain't you assuming just as much by not looking?

ChumpDumper
12-16-2010, 04:39 AM
Damn, WC is stupid.

boutons_deux
12-16-2010, 06:29 AM
There have always been gays in the military, look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InBXu-iY7cw

boutons_deux
12-16-2010, 07:12 AM
Ideology and "organized religion" makes one stupid, and often hateful and finally murderous.

TeyshaBlue
12-16-2010, 11:23 AM
Ideology and "organized religion" makes one stupid, and often hateful and finally murderous.

Really? You meet that criteria, boutonski. Are you into organized religion?

FromWayDowntown
12-16-2010, 11:57 AM
The House and Senate bills repeal 10 USC s. 653, which prohibits homosexual service in the military (or at least commands that an outed homosexual be separated from service). As far as I can tell, there is no other law that prohibits service by homosexuals; there are statutory allowances for the DOD to make regulations concerning the qualifications to serve, but the current bills certainly seem to reign-in that rule-making authority on the issue of homosexuals serving in the military. DOD regulations are not law -- they exist only to the extent that Congress allows them to exist. If the current bills don't limit that rulemaking authority on the subject, it's a simple matter of revising the existing rule-making authority to do just that.

It would be pretty ridiculous for DOD to promulgate regulations that overtly defy Congressional policy choices; for that reason, any potential loophole is ultimately a non-starter, since it seems relatively apparent that such defiance is unlikely.