PDA

View Full Version : Justice Files Suit ‘Without Limit’ Against BP, Other Oil Disaster Companies

boutons_deux
12-15-2010, 06:17 PM
lawsuit asks that the companies be held liable without limitation under the Oil Pollution Act for all removal costs and damages caused by the oil spill, including damages to natural resources. The lawsuit also seeks civil penalties under the Clean Water Act.

http://thinkprogress.org/2010/12/15/bp-lawsuit-doj/

In 20+ years, maybe The American People will get a few $M.

DarrinS
12-15-2010, 06:23 PM
With any luck, they'll bankrupt that evil corp. That, along with the proposed drilling moratorium, should create lots of shovel-ready jobs in the gulf region. And I'm sure oil workers don't send any other their money in the area.

ElNono
12-15-2010, 06:43 PM
A few $M??? We'll be lucky to get a $20 settlement 'debit' card. They don't even give you checks anymore.

boutons_deux
12-15-2010, 11:02 PM
The cables reveal that some of BP's partners in the gas field were upset that the company was so secretive about the incident that it even allegedly withheld information from them. They also say that BP was lucky that it was able to evacuate its 212 workers safely after the incident, which resulted in two fields being shut and output being cut by at least 500,000 barrels a day with production disrupted for months.

Other cables leaked tonight claim that the president of Azerbaijan accused BP of stealing $10bn of oil from his country and using "mild blackmail" to secure the rights to develop vast gas reserves in the Caspian Sea region.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/12/wikileaks-reveals-bp-blowout-azerbaijan/

I'm sure the Brits will expect some back scratching, like leniency for BP, from the US for the UK squatting on Assange indefinitely. It's UK that is appealing the release on bail and detaining Assange to isolation, not Sweden.

DMX7
12-16-2010, 12:50 AM
With any luck, they'll bankrupt that evil corp. That, along with the proposed drilling moratorium, should create lots of shovel-ready jobs in the gulf region. And I'm sure oil workers don't send any other their money in the area.

We don't want that. Jobs are more important than human lives and the planet.

DMX7
12-16-2010, 12:57 AM
I think more companies should negligently and repeatedly kill their own employees for the sake of profits. That would mean more money for our economy. I'm struggling to see why that's a bad thing.