PDA

View Full Version : Basketball question

mfanatic
12-15-2010, 07:59 PM
Ok guys, this may be a little difficult to understand but ill try my best to be as detailed as I can.

So let's say a player is outside of the court, but is legally in the game, as in is a part of the 5 on the team. Let's say that the ball is tapped outside towards hit, bouncing once on the floor, then bouncing out of bounds towards that player that is off the court. If that player jumps up, and is in the air, and taps the ball back onto the court, does that count as being inbound or is that a turnover?

Now, before you think about saying that's obviously a turnover, think about times such as Rodman's insane leap out of founds in the air to save the ball. The ball was out of bounds, but the player (Rodman) was in the air and it was saved.

Sort of trippy IMO....

lil_penny
12-15-2010, 08:03 PM
its a turnover.. the player has to be established inbounds before he could save the ball.

Frenzy
12-15-2010, 08:09 PM
I got a question I never fully understood."loose ball foul"

wtf is that?

Voice of Reason
12-15-2010, 08:11 PM
its a turnover.. the player has to be established inbounds before he could save the ball.

What he said. Rodman's situation isn't a turnover because he was already inbounds and didn't step out of bounds until he already threw the ball back in play while he was in the air.

xellos88330
12-15-2010, 08:11 PM

this

Voice of Reason
12-15-2010, 08:12 PM
I got a question I never fully understood."loose ball foul"

wtf is that?

A foul that is committed when neither team has possession of the ball