PDA

View Full Version : who will replace michael scott on the OFFICE tv sitcom?

Glenn Holland
12-15-2010, 10:37 PM
Anyone know who will replace Michael Scott and become the new boss SABRE DUNDER MIFFLIN

Duff McCartney
12-15-2010, 11:22 PM
I've heard some rumors that Rhys Darby would be replacing Michael Scott on The Office. If you don't know who he is, he plays Murray Hewitt on Flight of the Conchords, their inept manager.

I think he would be an amazing addition to the cast. He's absolutely hilarious on Flight of the Conchords.

http://www.nbr.co.nz/files/rhys.jpg

Sense
12-16-2010, 01:32 AM
I've heard some rumors that Rhys Darby would be replacing Michael Scott on The Office. If you don't know who he is, he plays Murray Hewitt on Flight of the Conchords, their inept manager.

I think he would be an amazing addition to the cast. He's absolutely hilarious on Flight of the Conchords.

That would seem like a great choice tbh.

Glenn Holland
12-16-2010, 01:35 AM
should be lumbergh from office space

Kai
12-16-2010, 02:16 PM
I heard it was Danny McBride.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_zxsbVMrOUNw/Skk_SlG4OLI/AAAAAAAACU4/MPMh90PvgSQ/s400/danny_mcbride.jpg

Wouldn't mind Ricky Gervais, tbh.

JudynTX
12-16-2010, 02:19 PM
I heard it was Danny McBride.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_zxsbVMrOUNw/Skk_SlG4OLI/AAAAAAAACU4/MPMh90PvgSQ/s400/danny_mcbride.jpg

Wouldn't mind Ricky Gervais, tbh

That's who it should be.

Xylus
12-16-2010, 02:56 PM
I'm pretty sure it's going to be Darryl.

Dex
12-16-2010, 03:09 PM
http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/Fonzie_jumps_the_shark.JPG

koriwhat
12-16-2010, 03:14 PM
who cares? that show sucks anyhow.

mrsmaalox
12-16-2010, 03:21 PM

Haha and those office people think they couldn't get an even more clueless boss than Michael :lol

I think he'd be a great choice; IF it's not already too late for that show.

Blake
12-16-2010, 03:21 PM

I would. What he has going good now I don't see meshing well with the current cast.

At least it won't be Robin Williams as was previously rumored.

Dex
12-16-2010, 03:44 PM
Gervais' response to taking over for The Office:

There are still articles appearing about me taking over from Steve Carell on the American version of The Office. Maybe I haven't made it clear enough. I suppose it doesn't matter what I say for the world of entertainment news, so let's try a new approach.

Report one of the following...

I am definitely taking over from Steve Carell on The Office. Yes, I have been asked to take over as the new boss at Dunder Mifflin. I said yes. They made me an offer I just couldn't refuse. I will once again play David Brent and I take over next season. I can't wait. Steve Merchant and I will also write and direct. I will remain Executive Producer.

or...

I'm not taking over from Steve Carell and will just continue to make millions for doing fuck all because I created the show and all the characters, and own the format and it's being syndicated now and I get paid every time any episode of any version is played anywhere in the world, and I stopped my version at its height and I don't think I can improve on that, and I don't want to go back to that and get up at 6am every day of the week for 7 years.

Only one of these is true. I don't know which one to believe. What would you do if you were me?

...so you're saying there's a chance?

Evil Angel
12-16-2010, 03:59 PM

Add me, +1...

IronMaxipad
12-16-2010, 04:16 PM

This would be perfect. Love FotC. Although i don't watch the office anymore since it went downhill.

Sense
01-28-2011, 03:56 AM

interesting...

Did anyone watch todays episode?

zJbblKxxhc4

You tell me he's not a candidate.

EDIT:

David: So where you working?
Michael: Dunder Mifflin
David: Any jobs going?
Michael: Not right now
David: Just let me know

JIZZ indeed.

Glenn Holland
01-28-2011, 04:19 AM
yep
and i
mS3_IWMUnRw

baseline bum
01-28-2011, 06:23 AM
It would be a disaster for Gervais to take over the lead role. LMAO @ the jumping the shark reference; that perfectly sums up this season and the previous one of the show. Gervais wouldn't pass the fucking censors on American TV.

Glenn Holland
01-28-2011, 07:00 AM
the only part i dont like about the office holly flax. she is annoying and boring and unfunny and overall is the worst part of the show by far.

Sense
01-28-2011, 08:08 AM
the only part i dont like about the office holly flax. she is annoying and boring and unfunny and overall is the worst part of the show by far.

Personally I think the worst character on the show is Stanley...

Holly's alright...

Muser
01-28-2011, 08:17 AM
If Gervais wanted to do the Office he'd just go back to the English version.

mardigan
01-28-2011, 08:27 AM

Shut the fuck up calf tats

spursfan09
01-28-2011, 09:16 AM
Will Ferrell will be making some appereances on The Office. I for some reason think that he could revive the show.

Sense
01-28-2011, 09:33 AM
Will Ferrell will be making some appereances on The Office. I for some reason think that he could revive the show.

He's going to do 4 episodes and one after Michael Scott leaves... the show never died.

desflood
01-28-2011, 10:04 AM
That happened when Pam became pregnant.

spursfan09
01-28-2011, 10:15 AM
He's going to do 4 episodes and one after Michael Scott leaves... the show never died.

I'm an avid fan of The Office, and even I can admit it's not the same.

Maybe Steve Carrell feels the same and that's why he's choosing to leave, but Will Ferrell will bring something new at least. I'm excited about him coming on for a few episodes.

greyforest
01-28-2011, 10:21 AM

dun worry michael will remove this character from the series with his exit

Blake
01-28-2011, 10:21 AM
.... but Will Ferrell will bring something new at least. I'm excited about him coming on for a few episodes.

I am cautiously excited about that.

z0sa
01-28-2011, 10:36 AM
He's irreplaceable, in most senses of the word.

Sense
01-28-2011, 10:51 AM
I'm an avid fan of The Office, and even I can admit it's not the same.

Maybe Steve Carrell feels the same and that's why he's choosing to leave, but Will Ferrell will bring something new at least. I'm excited about him coming on for a few episodes.

I too, am a fan... I can seriously say I watch The Office daily.

The show never really fails to deliver, there's probably two or three episodes in the current season that have disappointed mainly because there's nothing really going on with the characters right now other than Michael trying to get back with Holly..

I don't know how the post Michael Scott Office is going to be but as a fan I really don't care, I will continue to watch.

It's the fact that some fans, like you.. know that Michael will be gone soon that you can no longer look at the show the same way.

4>0rings
01-28-2011, 12:30 PM
When the office first came out, it was way to akward to be funny. I never really cared to watch it, within the past year though I've changed my tune. I'am trying to catch up but the show is hilarious, infact behind Seinfeld which is the best.

In the beginning they were trying to have chemistry between the cast, in the middle part and later they had good chemistry and have the shows I most enjoy. I can see it sliding off in the new ones becuase they are too comfortable with each other. I think Ferrell will be a huge hit on that show, it was made for him.

spursfan09
01-28-2011, 01:16 PM
I too, am a fan... I can seriously say I watch The Office daily.

The show never really fails to deliver, there's probably two or three episodes in the current season that have disappointed mainly because there's nothing really going on with the characters right now other than Michael trying to get back with Holly..

I don't know how the post Michael Scott Office is going to be but as a fan I really don't care, I will continue to watch.

It's the fact that some fans, like you.. know that Michael will be gone soon that you can no longer look at the show the same way.

The show pretty much won't be the same without Michael Scott. It depends on who they bring in to replace as boss. That'll make or break the show. Will Ferrel :tu

Bukefal
01-28-2011, 04:14 PM
Without michael scott, they should just stop the series. As said above, it won't be the same.

koriwhat
01-28-2011, 07:28 PM
Shut the fuck up calf tats

well of course you like crap, that was already a given bitchface.

baseline bum
01-28-2011, 10:23 PM
That happened when Pam and Jim hooked up.

fify

MiamiHeat
01-29-2011, 01:11 AM
I watch the office almost every single day....

I have no idea what they will do without him....even Ricky Gervais would be iffy. really sucks.

The Reckoning
01-29-2011, 01:33 AM
he's annoying as fuck. only funny in anchorman, thats about it.

nicholas cage could play that role better than him.

Kori Ellis
01-29-2011, 01:52 AM
Am I the only one who can't stand this show?

Jacob1983
01-29-2011, 01:54 AM
The Office should end after this season if Michael Scott does indeed leave. I just don't honestly see how the show can survive without Michael Scott. He is The Office in my opinion. He's probably the only main character that hasn't changed that much from the pilot episode. Jim and Pam have become very annoying ever since they got together. Dwight is no longer a pussy. Ryan is a douchebag. Creed hasn't really changed that much. He's been weird but funny pretty much the whole time. The addition of Erin and Gabe has not made sense and was not necessary in my opinion. Another thing I found annoying was how fast Jan went bat shit crazy. I miss the Office episodes where Jim would play pranks on Dwight, Michael would do something very embarassing, Jim would do his smirk at the camera, Pam and Jim would talk to each other at the receptionist's desk, etc...

MiamiHeat
01-29-2011, 03:02 AM
the office writers should have copied FRIENDS and not allow rachel/ross jim/pam to get together until later on in the show's run

baseline bum
01-29-2011, 03:13 AM
the office writers should have copied FRIENDS and not allow rachel/ross jim/pam to get together until later on in the show's run

They should have copied the original Office and not had it happen until the last 5 minutes of the final episode.

Sense
01-29-2011, 04:13 AM

yes

leemajors
01-29-2011, 11:16 AM

Nope.

Dr. Gonzo
01-29-2011, 02:44 PM
I really liked it but the past two seasons have been unwatchable. I've really tried because I am a fan of the show. It's just horrible now.

Fpoonsie
01-29-2011, 03:10 PM
I really liked it but the past two seasons have been unwatchable. I've really tried because I am a fan of the show. It's just horrible now.

Este.

I'll prolly stick w/ it, though, only because I've devoted so much time to it thus far. Still, it feels like fucking homework having to sit through it now...

4>0rings
01-29-2011, 03:16 PM
It's an aquired taste, you have to leave it then come back to it.

Blake
01-29-2011, 05:54 PM

31g0YE61PLQ

baseline bum
01-29-2011, 07:00 PM

Same here. There have been maybe two good episodes the last two years:

(1) the one where Michael doesn't keep his promise to pay for college for that class of kids

(2) the one with Date Mike and the contract between Angela and Dwight