PDA

View Full Version : Spurs won, but Bonner can't get a got damn rebound when it matters...

SequSpur
12-15-2010, 11:04 PM
Really Pop? Gooden and Bogut vs. Duncan and Bonner?

You can coach better than that....

Lucky to get out of this with a win....

What a fucking 4th quarter tank job....

2009 Spurs.

baseline bum
12-15-2010, 11:08 PM
Pop's hard-on for Bonner is 10x worse than the one he used to have for Finley.

SpursRulez4eVeR
12-15-2010, 11:08 PM
..but.

Cry Havoc
12-15-2010, 11:11 PM
For once I agree with this thread.

Bonner got 25 minutes tonight and did NOTHING in that time to validate his play. If he's not going to shoot 3s, why the hell is he on the court?

TDMVPDPOY
12-15-2010, 11:12 PM
his the reason why the bucks rally down for 15+ points...

fck him when he has a shit game, yet he still continue to be on the court

mingus
12-15-2010, 11:15 PM
For once I agree with this thread.

Bonner got 25 minutes tonight and did NOTHING in that time to validate his play. If he's not going to shoot 3s, why the hell is he on the court?

maybe someone really smart can answer this.

NRHector
12-15-2010, 11:15 PM
is this something new? IIRC he's been always like that

SequSpur
12-15-2010, 11:16 PM

I am all for bonner shooting and contributing to the offensive spread but fucking bucks were killing the spurs in the paint... Pop needs to recognize...shit, it's like he forgets bonner is even out there...

really?

spurs1990
12-15-2010, 11:24 PM
On another thread they said Blair was out. And Splitter was hurting as well.

You can't put in old man McDyess. We needed him for the Denver game.

Yorae
12-15-2010, 11:26 PM
Because he thought he's Horry?

Texas_Ranger
12-15-2010, 11:27 PM
We all know he can't jump.

HankChinaski
12-15-2010, 11:30 PM
I swear the haters over members on this team, it's just unreal. It's funny too because some of you get excited when these guys you bash make plays in game threads and then proceed to bash afterwards once it settles.

TDMVPDPOY
12-15-2010, 11:30 PM
bonner and splitter on the court at the same time = fail

MI21
12-16-2010, 12:03 AM
CDR went coast to coast and finished over Matt easily, Gooden then drew a foul on Matt going to the rim and then Gooden got a tip in on an offensive board... all in the last 90 seconds.. I'm not sure why Bonner was in.

objective
12-16-2010, 12:06 AM
Bonner's last disaster on the defensive boards was pretty bad. It wasn't a case where he had to rotate and get back, or cheat, or anything. The ball went up, Bonner stayed earthbound and let Gooden just reach up and get the score.

HarlemHeat37
12-16-2010, 12:12 AM
It's worrisome that the Bucks closed hard on him on every 3 he tried to take in the 2nd half, forcing him to be pretty much useless on the offensive end..I hope other times won't be focusing on him like that, since Pop probably won't stop playing him either way..

Gooden just completely ate him up, especially in clutch time..

ElNono
12-16-2010, 12:14 AM
On another thread they said Blair was out. And Splitter was hurting as well.

You can't put in old man McDyess. We needed him for the Denver game.

Play RJ. He can't do any worse.

Blackjack
12-16-2010, 12:16 AM
It all averages out. 3-point shots are worth more than rebounds.

Dispute it. You can't . . .

Kori Ellis
12-16-2010, 12:17 AM
Late in the game, who did you guys want on the court? Weren't Splitter and Blair hurt tonight?

I'm not praising Bonner, but there wasn't much choice today.

BlairForceDejuan
12-16-2010, 12:28 AM

Nah. Finley never played D and only made shots 15% of the time.

Bonner plays decent D 40% of the time and hits 3's often.

Yorae
12-16-2010, 12:30 AM
Late in the game, who did you guys want on the court? Weren't Splitter and Blair hurt tonight?

God I hope we have some king of choice tomorrow! Will neither play?:(

ElNono
12-16-2010, 12:33 AM
It all averages out. 3-point shots are worth more than rebounds.

Dispute it. You can't . . .

Let's be realistic and put it in the context of this game. He was not getting any 3pt shots out tonight, especially late, and Bogut was more than enough to close down the paint. No surprise we won with a jump shoot.

Kori Ellis
12-16-2010, 12:34 AM
God I hope we have some king of choice tomorrow! Will neither play?:(

I think Blair is fine. Splitter is probably out.

EricB
12-16-2010, 12:35 AM
2 of the 4 bigs were hurt.

They won. Move on.

SequSpur
12-16-2010, 12:35 AM

Mcdice, RJ, Jacque Vaughn?

Come on....Matt Bonner is a dud.

ElNono
12-16-2010, 12:40 AM
I think Blair is fine. Splitter is probably out.

Really? I thought it was the other way around. I thought Splitter was basically the hit to the groin. Blair looked like something on the knee/ankle.

Johnny RIngo
12-16-2010, 12:42 AM
Bonner plays decent D 40% of the time

lol decent D

and hits 3's often.

2009 playoffs: 3-13
2010 playoffs: 10-27
Career playoff FG%: .364
Career playoff 3 FG%: .31

Kori Ellis
Really? I thought it was the other way around. I thought Splitter was basically the hit to the groin. Blair looked like something on the knee/ankle.

I heard Blair was fine. Splitter - I'm not sure. I thought it was just a knee to balls/groin, but someone said it was something with his hip. I was just speculating.

JR3
All i have read is the title in this thread. I agree! Its so damn sad to see bonner in there in crunch time! Defense and rebounding wins. You live and die by the 3. Everyone knows that. Maybe pop forgot.

E-RockWill
12-16-2010, 12:43 AM
Blair seemed fine after the game.

ElNono
12-16-2010, 01:09 AM
I heard Blair was fine. Splitter - I'm not sure. I thought it was just a knee to balls/groin, but someone said it was something with his hip. I was just speculating.

thanks

crc21209
12-16-2010, 01:11 AM

True, but I would've taken Dice on Gooden instead of Bonner's useless corpse out there...

Sean Cagney
12-16-2010, 01:18 AM
Nah. Finley never played D and only made shots 15% of the time.

Bonner plays decent D 40% of the time and hits 3's often.

Finely made many clutch shots here, you are serious? He made more clutch shots when they count than Bonner EVER DID HERE, period! He did not play D no, but come on now. Finley nearly helped us win that Dallas series in 06 and Denver game where he hit what 8 of them? He also won that last game for us literally against the NO in 09! He hit some clutch shots here, period. Bonner in a huge game will go 1-5 and miss the last shot if you give it to him.
lol decent D

2009 playoffs: 3-13
2010 playoffs: 10-27
Career playoff FG%: .364
Career playoff 3 FG%: .31

He is some shyt when it counts as I just said! He is horrible! I am still pissed we resigned him because I knew Pop would play him alot again, he is not a spot player here he is a bigtime player here in mins as long as he is on the team. He is horrible.

ShoogarBear
12-16-2010, 01:33 AM

I never saw any official word, but the groin muscles are hip adductors, so an injury to the groin is technically a "hip injury".

rmt
12-16-2010, 02:04 AM
Not looking forward to more Bonner if Blair and Splitter are injured. Where was Dice? I almost prefer to see RJ play PF in crunch situations than Bonner (and I'm not a fan of small ball). But Bonner is useless if the opponent is closing out on him at the 3pt line.

Chomag
12-16-2010, 02:33 AM
Bonner was getting 20+ minutes and playing most of the 4th quarters lately even without the injuries so I don't think that was that much of a factor as it might be stated.

ChumpDumper
12-16-2010, 04:18 AM
I am so angry the Spurs won.

DesignatedT
12-16-2010, 04:52 AM
Pop fucking sucks, bonner fucking sucks and this team is obviously a non contender....

we would be 24-0 if splitter played...... fire pop.

Borosai
12-16-2010, 05:43 AM
Bonner just being the alpha dog he was born to be.

TJastal
12-16-2010, 08:03 AM
It's worrisome that the Bucks closed hard on him on every 3 he tried to take in the 2nd half, forcing him to be pretty much useless on the offensive end..I hope other times won't be focusing on him like that, since Pop probably won't stop playing him either way..

Gooden just completely ate him up, especially in clutch time..

Well the argument that has been made time and time again is that he spaces the floor, whether he takes a shot or not. Not that I necessarily agree with it.

And didn't I tell everyone weeks ago that after burning so many teams that left him wide open for the first 20 games teams would start to pay attention and not allow him free easy looks?

Yet Bonner will continue to practice his uncontested 3's. :lol

And didn't I also say that Gooden would burn the spurs on the o-boards and Pop should use Splitter? This is another one of those games that leaves everyone scratching their head as to what Pop was thinking. Or even if he was.

biskvito
12-16-2010, 08:38 AM
I thought Bucks defense was great on 4q, the 3pt line was always covered and the paint was packed. I'd love to see Duncan and Splitter together on that final quarter. Draw some fouls, make Bucks bigs sweat a little.

Fabbs
12-16-2010, 09:07 AM

Manhinmi or 1,000 other better NBA choices.
Choices.

TJastal
12-16-2010, 09:16 AM
Amazing how there is always a "valid" excuse for Splitter to stay parked on the bench so the red tampon can get his 20 minutes.

Ginobilly
12-16-2010, 09:26 AM
:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang :bang:bang:bang:bang
I was at the game and kept yelling at Pop to take out Bonner for Dice or Jefferson. I don't know why Pop can't see that every team considers Bonner to be the Spurs weakest link! Fuck!

Cry Havoc
12-16-2010, 09:36 AM

Dice?

And if Dice was tired, I'd rather just go small. Seriously, think about it. Bonner doesn't block, doesn't play defense, doesn't rebound, and he wasn't even taking 3s last night. So he is just a huge liability.

I'd rather go small and run double teams all over the court. Bonner is going to get attacked all night. They're just going to pass inside and let Bogut do his thing. At least with double teams and lots of pressure we'd force the Bucks to move the ball around.

TJastal
12-16-2010, 09:41 AM
I have a feeling my "reformed Pop hater" status isn't going to last very long.

:lol

wunderkindepiphany
12-16-2010, 09:54 AM
True, but I would've taken Dice on Gooden instead of Bonner's useless corpse out there...

Normally, I'd agree, but Gooden was owning Dice with the midrange jumper. Thing is, Bonner wasn't doing much better. Basically, no one could stop Gooden when he was on in the third. It was frustrating to watch. But you know what, nothing was more frustrating than watching Bogut completely own Tiago in the paint. I swear, Tiago has no weight down low.

wunderkindepiphany
12-16-2010, 09:56 AM
And you know what, Pau Gasol is roughly the same build, but at least he plays with a pair of pelotas in the block. Whatever they need to do to help Tiago play more consistent D against real bigs, I'm all for it. Maybe he should just eat a bunch of sammiches all Summer long.

benefactor
12-16-2010, 10:05 AM
I knew when I opened this thread there would be plenty of people pulling the "but the Spurs won" card. That works for now...but it won't in the playoffs when the Spurs are sent fishing yet again when losing playing the same lineup under the same circumstances.

TJastal
12-16-2010, 10:08 AM
And you know what, Pau Gasol is roughly the same build, but at least he plays with a pair of pelotas in the block. Whatever they need to do to help Tiago play more consistent D against real bigs, I'm all for it. Maybe he should just eat a bunch of sammiches all Summer long.

He just needs consistent playing time. He was dominant in the paint in the game I saw over the summer against the likes of Chandler & Odom.

You know who those guys are, right?

DMC
12-16-2010, 11:31 AM
Bonner moves like he's wearing a suit of armor. His arms are welded at the elbow. Sure he can shoot, that's great, but he's a huge liability when he puts the ball on the floor. It's great that people appreciate the 3, I know I do, but you put a guy like Bonner in when you need a 3, not when you need 25 minutes of solid play on both ends of the floor.

Sad to say, but I was actually glad to see Splitter get kneed in the groin. Maybe that will teach him to play defense instead of trying to take a charge everytime. Get up there and contest some shots dude.

wunderkindepiphany
12-16-2010, 11:33 AM
He just needs consistent playing time. He was dominant in the paint in the game I saw over the summer against the likes of Chandler & Odom.

You know who those guys are, right?

youre such a troll in disguise. I had never really met one. In fact, I thought they didn't exist, but look I found a troll. Just don't touch me with your wart hand.

ohmwrecker
12-16-2010, 11:35 AM
Play RJ. He can't do any worse.

That's what I said in the game thread. RJ could defend Gooden better than Bonner. All day, every day. Especially in the last two minutes. Unless Bonner is on fire behind the arc, he has no business closing games.

DMC
12-16-2010, 11:36 AM
I knew when I opened this thread there would be plenty of people pulling the "but the Spurs won" card. That works for now...but it won't in the playoffs when the Spurs are sent fishing yet again when losing playing the same lineup under the same circumstances.

It doesn't matter how poorly you play as long as you won that game. These are the same people who point out Blair's box score when I point out his windows of ineffectiveness or outright MIA status during large portions of his time on the floor.

You can bet your ass Pop didn't feel consoled by the win. He would probably take a loss and a solid defensive effort over a win and that shit-fest. Then again, the Bucks are not the Clippers... (the Clippers actually won). The Bucks are better than their record indicates (on a given night). They rebounded from 20 down in Dallas, no easy feat. These guys don't get publicity, but they play good. Sound familiar? Bogut is a monster on defense.

rmt
12-16-2010, 11:59 AM
It doesn't matter how poorly you play as long as you won that game. These are the same people who point out Blair's box score when I point out his windows of ineffectiveness or outright MIA status during large portions of his time on the floor.

You can bet your ass Pop didn't feel consoled by the win. He would probably take a loss and a solid defensive effort over a win and that shit-fest. Then again, the Bucks are not the Clippers... (the Clippers actually won). The Bucks are better than their record indicates (on a given night). They rebounded from 20 down in Dallas, no easy feat. These guys don't get publicity, but they play good. Sound familiar? Bogut is a monster on defense.

I don't know. I get the feeling that this year it's important to them to get off to quick starts (both in a game and in standings). IMO, if they want a chance at the championship, they must position themselves to play only 1 of LAL or DAL (not both) especially if it's BOS waiting in the Finals.

Bonner has no business playing in crunch time EVER.

angelbelow
12-16-2010, 12:02 PM
Couldn't catch the game.. but im not surprised Bonners presence was partially why the Bucks gained offensive momentum. Its pretty unfair for Bonner to go up against Gooden and Bogut. Gooden is just a mobile dude. Its pretty unfair for the rest of the team, esp Duncan, to have to go up against Bogut and Gooden. Sucks to hear that Blair and Splitter were hurt, BUT Im not too confident they would have played either if they were healthy.

yavozerb
12-16-2010, 12:04 PM
I guess its never been mentioned before that Bonner is not a very good rebounder. Im glad this thread has breaking news in it...

ElNono
12-16-2010, 12:04 PM
That's what I said in the game thread. RJ could defend Gooden better than Bonner. All day, every day. Especially in the last two minutes. Unless Bonner is on fire behind the arc, he has no business closing games.

It's not just defending (although he can rebound just as well or better than Matt). He can at least hit a midrange J when we were struggling to score.

TJastal
12-16-2010, 12:08 PM
youre such a troll in disguise. I had never really met one. In fact, I thought they didn't exist, but look I found a troll. Just don't touch me with your wart hand.

So that would be no, you do not know who Lamar Odom and Tyson Chandler are. I am not surprised.

ElNono
12-16-2010, 12:10 PM
I guess its never been mentioned before that Bonner is not a very good rebounder. Im glad this thread has breaking news in it...

Actually, not very good doesn't do justice to describe the appalling ineptitude of the guy on the boards. But again, not really his fault he's playing out there.

ohmwrecker
12-16-2010, 12:11 PM
It's not just defending (although he can rebound just as well or better than Matt). He can at least hit a midrange J when we were struggling to score.

He is just a better all-around option, especially on a mobile PF like Gooden. He would make Gooden work harder on D, making him less effective on the other side. We all know that Gooden is not a great defender. RJ's offense is a bonus in that situation because it is not one dimensional like The Great White Doofus.

DMC
12-16-2010, 12:12 PM
If you watched the game (anyone) you would have seen that Gooden was left wide open most of the time. They wanted Gooden to shoot. They didn't want him to shoot so damn many FTs though and they didn't want him to start hitting everything late in the game.

EricD
12-16-2010, 12:14 PM
Last night tells you how pathetic Pop was in the 2009 playoffs by going with Bonner against a more athletic and versatile opponent.

Any expert remember him choosing Vaughn, Bonner and Mason over Hill, Gooden and Bowen?

No wonder why we got beat in 5 against the Mavericks that year.

Pop screwed us that year as much as anyone hates to admit it.

DMC
12-16-2010, 12:18 PM
Last night tells you how pathetic Pop was in the 2009 playoffs by going with Bonner against a more athletic and versatile opponent.

Any expert remember him choosing Vaughn, Bonner and Mason over Hill, Gooden and Bowen?

No wonder why we got beat in 5 against the Mavericks that year.

Pop screwed us that year as much as anyone hates to admit it.

I will have to take the expert's word for it. I cannot see the alternative universe.

BlairForceDejuan
12-16-2010, 12:24 PM
I have not been overly impressed with Tiago, but this entire season will be wasted with him if Pop keeps putting him out there in shitty situations and during junk time.

ElNono
12-16-2010, 12:26 PM
I wouldn't want Tiago either (even if he would have been available) in the clutch. He's too green right now to be closing tight games.

Solid D
12-16-2010, 12:38 PM
For those that didn't see it, Jennings got tripped up in the lane off the ball and he rolled up into Blair's knee. That is what hurt DeJuan.

The Spurs needed a mid-range game in the 2nd half. This was especially so in the 4th quarter when the Bucks upped their defensive intensity, took Dooling and Ilyasova out and went with Bogut, Gooden, Mbah a Moute, CDR and Jennings. They ran Bonner and Jefferson off of the 3-point line and attempted to shut down most of the Spurs' drives to the lane.

Bonner's defense wasn't very good, to be sure. The Bucks' post players outscored the entire Spurs team in the 4th (Gooden with 16 points and Bogut with 5). But let me remind everyone that it was 80-70 when Duncan replaced Bonner, so Dice and Duncan were the Bigs in there when the Bucks closed the gap to 82-80.

TJastal
12-16-2010, 12:45 PM
For those that didn't see it, Jennings got tripped up in the lane off the ball and he rolled up into Blair's knee. That is what hurt DeJuan.

The Spurs needed a mid-range game in the 2nd half. This was especially so in the 4th quarter when the Bucks upped their defensive intensity, took Dooling and Ilyasova out and went with Bogut, Gooden, Mbah a Moute, CDR and Jennings. They ran Bonner and Jefferson off of the 3-point line and attempted to shut down most of the Spurs' drives to the lane.

Bonner's defense wasn't very good, to be sure. The Bucks' post players outscored the entire Spurs team in the 4th (Gooden with 16 points and Bogut with 5). But let me remind everyone that it was 80-70 when Duncan replaced Bonner, so Dice and Duncan were the Bigs in there when the Bucks closed the gap to 82-80.

"Bonner" and "mid-range game" should never be used in the same paragraph. That pretty much says it all, right there.

Cry Havoc
12-16-2010, 12:50 PM

I'm shocked whenever Bonner hits a shot that's not a three.

Solid D
12-16-2010, 01:07 PM
"Bonner" and "mid-range game" should never be used in the same paragraph. That pretty much says it all, right there.

He actually has a nice mid-range, one-hand jumper if he'd use it more. His only 4th quarter basket was a mid-range j.

Matty's poor defensive effectiveness is what bugs me.

wunderkindepiphany
12-16-2010, 01:09 PM
So that would be no, you do not know who Lamar Odom and Tyson Chandler are. I am not surprised.

are you serious?

TJastal
12-16-2010, 01:14 PM
are you serious?

Most of the time.

ChumpDumper
12-16-2010, 02:25 PM
lol calling for small ball.

Times certainly have changed.

Ginobilly
12-16-2010, 02:52 PM

Since when has Bonner ever played big? Dude plays like an SF and I consider him one. Jefferson is a SF who plays like one and has shown that he could guard short(6'8/6'9) PFs with success.

ChumpDumper
12-16-2010, 02:55 PM
Since when has Bonner ever played big? Dude plays like an SF and I consider him one. Jefferson is a SF who plays like one and has shown that he could guard short(6'8/6'9) PFs with success.lol calling for small ball.

EricD
12-16-2010, 03:07 PM

Watch a game.

Not a Toros, Stampede or w/e Junior Varsity game you spend hours jerking off to.

Watch a Spurs game.

TJastal
12-16-2010, 03:12 PM
I think the general consensus here is that any configuration including Bonner @ PF or C is still playing small-ball.

koriwhat
12-16-2010, 03:17 PM
bonner stunk it up yesterday... sitting row6 sucked only when bonner was in the game. god damn he stinks except when that 3 is falling but other than that, he's worthless.

i don't like to hate on bonner but when you see how unproductive he is up close it sucks!

ChumpDumper
12-16-2010, 03:18 PM
Watch a game.

Not a Toros, Stampede or w/e Junior Varsity game you spend hours jerking off to.

Watch a Spurs game.I have.

They often play small ball.

People bitched about it and now they are calling for it.

lol at your getting mad.

I think the general consensus here is that any configuration including Bonner @ PF or C is still playing small-ball.I think people are calling for a small ball lineup in this thread.

lol

Cry Havoc
12-16-2010, 03:40 PM
I think people are calling for a small ball lineup in this thread.

lol

I would rather have Blair or Tiago on the court than small ball.

However, I would rather have small ball than seeing Matt Bonner get 20+ minutes in a close game, where he has only hit one trey.

ohmwrecker
12-16-2010, 03:53 PM
I think people are calling for a small ball lineup in this thread.

Yeah, and so what? Are you going to blindly defend Bonner to the point where you will not acknowledge a legitimate strategy that can be utilized effectively in specific situations?
The only time any reasonable person ever complained about small ball is when it was employed in situations that created mismatches not in the Spurs favor.

Really? Unless you are being purposefully obtuse, I don't get your point.

angelbelow
12-16-2010, 04:17 PM
Yeah, and so what? Are you going to blindly defend Bonner to the point where you will not acknowledge a legitimate strategy that can be utilized effectively in specific situations?
The only time any reasonable person ever complained about small ball is when it was employed in situations that created mismatches not in the Spurs favor.

Really? Unless you are being purposefully obtuse, I don't get your point.

Chump loves these types of discussion where he nip picks at your post only to fallback on a ambiguous statement. I dont remember if he was always like this but at least hes having fun.

Small ball in the past has always sucked because we had a Finley or a Mason in the line-up. Some one who couldn't defend and couldn't create - and in the later years, couldn't shoot. Its no wonder that small ball wasnt the most popular strategy to go with. Nowadays, it has some merit. With RJ playing a physical brand a defense (when hes at the 4) and guys like Neal who can stroke the 3 or Hill who can attack or pull up, small ball this year has the most potential. Although, I'm not sure small ball would have been the answer against Bogut, Gooden, and Mbah a Moute. Thats a pretty tall front court.

ChumpDumper
12-16-2010, 05:07 PM
Yeah, and so what? Are you going to blindly defend Bonner to the point where you will not acknowledge a legitimate strategy that can be utilized effectively in specific situations?Show me where I blindly defended Bonner in this thread.

Be specific.

DieHardSpursFan1537
12-16-2010, 05:11 PM
Bonner had a shitty game.

ohmwrecker
12-16-2010, 05:59 PM
Show me where I blindly defended Bonner in this thread.

Be specific.

I'm not going to play this game with you. I posed you a legitimate counterpoint and you are avoiding it with this nonsense. Let me rephrase in as simple language as possible without any assumption involved, thread title not withstanding.

Do you believe that a small ball strategy is never appropriate?

If not, do you believe that there are certain situations where the deployment of a small ball strategy can be advantageous?

And finally . . . Do you truly believe the one could be against small ball in one scenario, but for it in another, or is everything black or white?

jjktkk
12-16-2010, 06:22 PM
chump loves these types of discussion where he nip picks at your post only to fallback on a ambiguous statement. I dont remember if he was always like this but at least hes having fun.

Small ball in the past has always sucked because we had a finley or a mason in the line-up. Some one who couldn't defend and couldn't create - and in the later years, couldn't shoot. Its no wonder that small ball was the most popular strategy to go with. Nowadays, it has some merit. With rj playing a physical brand a defense (when hes at the 4) and guys like neal who can stroke the 3 or hill who can attack or pull up, small ball this year has the most potential. Although, i'm not sure small ball would have been the answer against bogut, gooden, and mbah a moute. Thats a pretty tall front court.

+1

crc21209
12-16-2010, 06:48 PM
Normally, I'd agree, but Gooden was owning Dice with the midrange jumper. Thing is, Bonner wasn't doing much better. Basically, no one could stop Gooden when he was on in the third. It was frustrating to watch. But you know what, nothing was more frustrating than watching Bogut completely own Tiago in the paint. I swear, Tiago has no weight down low.

No need to worry, it was probably Gooden's only good game of the year, now he'll go back to being trash...:lol

ShoogarBear
12-16-2010, 07:48 PM
Funniest play of the night was when Boykins posted up Bonner.

DMC
12-16-2010, 09:16 PM
I'm not going to play this game with you. I posed you a legitimate counterpoint and you are avoiding it with this nonsense. Let me rephrase in as simple language as possible without any assumption involved, thread title not withstanding.

Do you believe that a small ball strategy is never appropriate?

If not, do you believe that there are certain situations where the deployment of a small ball strategy can be advantageous?

And finally . . . Do you truly believe the one could be against small ball in one scenario, but for it in another, or is everything black or white?

Not to barge in on this, but if he believes the first, he cannot believe the second. If he doesn't believe the first, by default he believes the second.

DMC
12-16-2010, 09:17 PM

I voted Boykins as well, but it was the play when Neal ran him over on the fast break. That was hilarious, almost as funny as Bogut's flop and Tim left hand fisting him.

DMC
12-16-2010, 09:20 PM
i'm shocked whenever bonner hits a shot that's not a three.
+1

ChumpDumper
12-16-2010, 10:12 PM
I'm not going to play this game with you.Just say you can't find it and admit your failure.

I really didn't read the rest of your posts since you failed so spectacularly out of the gate. Admit it and I'll move on.

DMC
12-16-2010, 10:15 PM
Funniest thing of the night was (yes) Bill Land's remark that, if Gooden always played well against ex-teams, he would be an All Star.... hilarious.

mingus
12-16-2010, 10:23 PM
I don't know who this ChumpDump asshole is, but, dude, get a fucking life. IN EVERY FUCKING THREAD I READ i have to scroll past some trivial fucking argument of yours.

Blackjack
12-16-2010, 10:23 PM

I thought it was when he was standing on the tracks when the "Choo-Choo" was coming through.

ElNono
12-16-2010, 10:24 PM
Playing Bonner is playing small ball. I just rather have a RJ playing his position this season. Last season I think it was much more debatable.

DMC
12-16-2010, 10:25 PM
i thought it was when he was standing on the tracks when the "choo-choo" was coming through.
+1

EricD
12-16-2010, 10:28 PM
I thought it was when he was standing on the tracks when the "Choo-Choo" was coming through.

Hey Blackjack, (btw your one of my favorite posters on this site :toast)

Isn't this song perfect for Gary, no? :lol

B-DpRcxK_N8

ChumpDumper
12-16-2010, 10:31 PM
I don't know who this ChumpDump asshole is, but, dude, get a fucking life. IN EVERY FUCKING THREAD I READ i have to scroll past some trivial fucking argument of yours.Have you been acquainted with the ignore function?

Blackjack
12-16-2010, 10:34 PM
That song's much more suggestive than I remembered.

:tu EricD

EricD
12-16-2010, 10:49 PM
That song's much more suggestive than I remembered.

:tu EricD

:lol

I thought so.

Good to have your back :toast

ohmwrecker
12-16-2010, 11:31 PM
Not to barge in on this, but if he believes the first, he cannot believe the second. If he doesn't believe the first, by default he believes the second.

The first question establishes the idea and I started the second question with "If not". I do appreciate the peanuts however.

ohmwrecker
12-16-2010, 11:39 PM
Just say you can't find it and admit your failure.

I don't have to find anything. The discussion was centered around the debate of Bonner over small ball (although the legitimate argument of Bonner=small ball was brought up) when you chimed in. Small ball wasn't even my thought. I prefer "situational rotation".

I really didn't read the rest of your posts since you failed so spectacularly out of the gate. Admit it and I'll move on.

Neat. How about I admit nothing and you move on any way?

ChumpDumper
12-16-2010, 11:43 PM
I don't have to find anything. The discussion was centered around the debate of Bonner over small ball (although the legitimate argument of Bonner=small ball was brought up) when you chimed in. Small ball wasn't even my thought. I prefer "situational rotation".Yes, and my chiming in had nothing to do with a defense of the use of Bonner.

Neat. How about I admit nothing and you move on any way?OK, your failure stands.

ShoogarBear
12-17-2010, 01:44 AM

That was Dog bites Man.

The other was 5'5" taking 6'10" on the blocks.

ohmwrecker
12-17-2010, 11:24 AM
OK, your failure stands.

As long as you can admit to your purposeful obtuseness, I will admit to assumption.

nkdlunch
12-17-2010, 11:27 AM
Bonner has been playing well all season.

R u guys fucking retarded?

TJastal
12-17-2010, 11:38 AM
Bonner has been playing well all season.

R u guys fucking retarded?

He's either playing assertive like he was last night or like a vagina (like he was against the bucks).

Pop needs to better determine which Bonner has shown up for the game and substitute accordingly.

That said, I would still MUCH prefer to see Tiago out there learning and getting better and helping Tim not have to do so much heavy lifting but man-crushes must be sated.

ChumpDumper
12-17-2010, 02:38 PM
As long as you can admit to your purposeful obtuseness, I will admit to assumption.There was no purposeful obtuseness.

I made a simple statement about posters that you completely failed to understand. Go back and read it and tell me what it has to do with your little diatribe you posted in response.

DMC
12-19-2010, 05:42 PM
The first question establishes the idea and I started the second question with "If not". I do appreciate the peanuts however.

Sorry, but no.

"Do you believe that a small ball strategy is never appropriate?"

If he says "yes" here, then all else is moot. If he says "no" here, then by default he believes that small ball strategy is advantageous in some situations. Appropriate and advantageous are, I believe, being used interchangeably here. If not, you are probably being intentionally obtuse.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/Flashskin/statusicon/user_offline.gif You've actually asked the same question 3 times. The question: Do you believe small ball strategy can be advantageous?

Why all the word play?

So... have all the peanuts you want. Someone needs to feed the elephant in this room. Might as well be you.
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/Flashskin/buttons/quote.gif (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=4826921)