PDA

View Full Version : Finally, Some real basketball tomorrow.

PeterBurns
12-16-2010, 12:06 AM
Been brutal watching the Nuggets here this year. Crowd doesn't give a rat's ass, and the basketball IQ level is laughable. Unless it's a dunk or a block, they could care less.

Will be curious to see how Spurs play on back to back especially with the altitude issue.

Heard there were 6,000+ empty seats tonight at AT&T. What's the deal?

And some one send me some damn Las Palapas. They don't do refried beans here, and it's pissing me off

ShoogarBear
12-16-2010, 12:17 AM
The only good thing about Denver is the guacamole.

NRHector
12-16-2010, 12:18 AM
Been brutal watching the Nuggets here this year. Crowd doesn't give a rat's ass, and the basketball IQ level is laughable. Unless it's a dunk or a block, they could care less.

Will be curious to see how Spurs play on back to back especially with the altitude issue.

And some one send me some damn Las Palapas. They don't do refried beans here, and it's pissing me offDamn Peter when are you coming back?

ohmwrecker
12-16-2010, 12:18 AM

Medical marijuana.

PeterBurns
12-16-2010, 12:20 AM

Decent.
Margaritas are a joke.
Green Chili is pretty good.

jeebus
12-16-2010, 12:20 AM
Attendance: 17644

half the town is from mexico, so they're busy having kids or wasting their money on chalupas.

TampaDude
12-16-2010, 12:21 AM
B2B on the road, in Denver? Smells like a loss, but we'll see.

Russ
12-16-2010, 12:22 AM

Very nice, Larry.

PeterBurns
12-16-2010, 12:22 AM
The thing that's BS here, is no one outside of a big time NBA fan or Spurs fan would know they are 21-3. Never quite understood the lack of pub the Spurs get until I left SA.

Kori Ellis
12-16-2010, 12:23 AM
If Peter Burns is saying the basketball IQ is low, that's saying something!

;) We miss you, Peter.

NRHector
12-16-2010, 12:25 AM

;) We miss you, Peter.

:lol

ShoogarBear
12-16-2010, 12:28 AM
B2B on the road, in Denver? Smells like a loss, but we'll see.

Yeah, the Nuggies have the best home record in the league and Melo's been on an two-game tear.

A win tomorrow night would be the biggest statement game of the year so far.

ShoogarBear
12-16-2010, 12:29 AM

;) We miss you, Peter.

Before you take offense, Peter, think about all the people on this site who Kori doesn't rip.

Then take offense.

GSH
12-16-2010, 12:29 AM

You ate guacamole in Denver? Did you order up some fresh lobster there, while you were at it?

I don't know. I got a Big Mac in Tel Aviv once, so I guess I shouldn't question you. (It was about what you would expect a kosher beef Big Mac to be like, too. :nope)

Peter - before the game, can you try and let Melo know that everyone in SA says he's a thug? And his momma, too. He likes that.

PeterBurns
12-16-2010, 12:31 AM

;) We miss you, Peter.

Hey, I always let it be known that I stole 97% of my Spurs takes from here.
Going to games here makes me appreciate the Spurs 10x more.

Just hoping they have something in the tank tomorrow. Airport is 45 minutes from town. They probably wont get into town 2a or so.

Kori Ellis
12-16-2010, 12:33 AM

Just hoping they have something in the tank tomorrow. Airport is 45 minutes from town. They probably wont get into town 2a or so.

It's going to be a rough game for sure.

Let us know when you are in town next time, so you can stop by and meet the kids.

NRHector
12-16-2010, 12:33 AM

Just hoping they have something in the tank tomorrow. Airport is 45 minutes from town. They probably wont get into town 2a or so.hey at least you're still a Spurs fan :toast

SequSpur
12-16-2010, 12:34 AM
whatever....

Shotgun Willies....

ShoogarBear
12-16-2010, 12:36 AM
You ate guacamole in Denver? Did you order up some fresh lobster there, while you were at it?

I like my lobster freshly bow-killed, and it wasn't the season when I was there.

http://www.remembertheaba.com/San-Antonio-Spurs.html

On March 24, 1976 the Spurs went into McNichols Arena and beat Denver 135-122, snapping the Nuggets' 26-game home winning streak. In fact, it was the second straight year that the Spurs had broken a 26-game home winning streak by Denver. Because the Spurs kept breaking Denver's home winning streaks, and because of several on-court fights between the teams during the 1974-75 season, a strong rivalry developed between the Nuggets and the Spurs. Nuggets' coach Larry Brown called the Spurs a "dirty team" and yelled at George Gervin during a 1976 Denver loss at HemisFair Arena. Bob Bass got up from the Spurs bench, told Brown to shut up, and offered to fight him. After the game, the Nuggets' boss said "I don't like anything about San Antonio, their coaching staff, their franchise or their city. The only thing I like about San Antonio is guacamole salad." Naturally, the Spurs' rowdy group of fans, the "Baseline Bums," caught wind of Brown's quote. The next time the Nuggets visited HemisFair Arena, the Baseline Bums were ready. Nuggets' forward Gus Gerard remembers that: "The next time we came down there the people were throwing avocados out on the floor and dumping guacamole salad on the players. When Larry (Brown) went to the locker room, they had something like dime beer night that night, so they were pouring beer over Larry's head. That was pretty wild."

Malice
12-16-2010, 12:38 AM
I dont give a fuck if this has lose written all over it. I'll be there cheering till I lose my voice...again. I'll try not to stir shit up on the way out the arena again though.

GSH
12-16-2010, 12:40 AM
I like my lobster freshly bow-killed, and it wasn't the season when I was there.

http://www.remembertheaba.com/San-Antonio-Spurs.html

Ahhh... once again you beat me to the punch. I had forgotten about that little dust-up and the guacamole reference. I see what you did there.

ClingingMars
12-16-2010, 12:40 AM
Keep up the work on Twitter, most entertaining person I follow by miles

Nathan Explosion
12-16-2010, 12:43 AM
And some one send me some damn Las Palapas. They don't do refried beans here, and it's pissing me off

Make a pot of beans but sorting your beans and soaking them overnight. The next day pour the water out, refill and boil beans for about 1 1/2 hours. Get some bacon, fry it up real quick but don't totally cook it. Add bacon to beans. Chop some onions and fry in bacon grease or add fresh or combo of the two and add to beans. Add come garlic and cilantro as well. Season with salt and boil for about 2 hours more.

Then you have a fresh pot of beans to eat.

Finally, take that pot the next day, put the beans in a skillet and mash. Now you have refried beans (in a manner of speaking). Add some chorizo (if available) and enjoy. Or eat with pork chops. Damn, now I'm hungry.

Malice
12-16-2010, 12:43 AM
whatever....

Shotgun Willies....

meh. Better strip clubs there.

TampaDude
12-16-2010, 12:44 AM
The thing that's BS here, is no one outside of a big time NBA fan or Spurs fan would know they are 21-3. Never quite understood the lack of pub the Spurs get until I left SA.

Under the radar, baby...that's just how we like it... :hat

JR3
12-16-2010, 12:44 AM

I feel ya. I'm in Salt Lake. Las Palapas over here too Please!

Nathan Explosion
12-16-2010, 12:46 AM
Hey Peter, during a Spurs report on STSA you once commented by complaining the whole time about how ugly the chicks in Denver were. Is that still true?

I remember the bit because you complained about the chicks and the airport and ended it by say, "That chick's hot. I gotta go. *click" All Taylor could do was repeat what you said and say, "Did he even talk about the Spurs once? That has to be the worst Spurs report we've ever done." Then Taylor and Jim Bob agreed that you'd probably seal the deal.

JR21
12-16-2010, 01:09 AM
Sweet cant wait till tomorow. Carmelo's Playing for sure, should be a good one.

PeterBurns
12-16-2010, 04:23 PM

Thanks man. Trying to keep it fun for sure

PeterBurns
12-16-2010, 04:25 PM
Hey Peter, during a Spurs report on STSA you once commented by complaining the whole time about how ugly the chicks in Denver were. Is that still true?

I remember the bit because you complained about the chicks and the airport and ended it by say, "That chick's hot. I gotta go. *click" All Taylor could do was repeat what you said and say, "Did he even talk about the Spurs once? That has to be the worst Spurs report we've ever done." Then Taylor and Jim Bob agreed that you'd probably seal the deal.

Ha...I remember that interview. It was the opposite. There were like 20 hot girls in the airport. Nuggets games are pretty funny to watch.

There is a bar attached to the arena called Blue Sky Grill, you don't need a ticket, so it's hilarious to see all the golddiggers sit and wait.

PeterBurns
12-16-2010, 04:26 PM
Yeah, the Nuggies have the best home record in the league and Melo's been on an two-game tear.

A win tomorrow night would be the biggest statement game of the year so far.

Nuggets hate the Spurs. With a passion. It's probably the loudest Manu gets boo'd all year long.

Coming off last nights game, they'll have there work cut out.

ColinB
12-16-2010, 04:31 PM
Too much Las Palapas love in here.

Blackjack
12-16-2010, 04:34 PM

:pctoss

Thanks man. Trying to keep it fun for sure

Fine, I'll follow. But you don't have to be so overt . . .

mark of a champion
12-16-2010, 04:52 PM
You can send me some Bill Miller's BBQ. Fans here really do hate our Spurs, especially Manu. I'll be sitting in the second row behind the scorers table sporting #21 jersey. GoSpursGo

rascal
12-16-2010, 07:20 PM
It's going to be a rough game for sure.

Let us know when you are in town next time, so you can stop by and meet the kids.

Do the kids get into the spurs games? I don't know how old they are.

tmtcsc
12-16-2010, 07:31 PM
meh. Better strip clubs there.

I haven't been to a strip club in a couple of years. The last time I went, it was like bad comic relief.

gospursgojas
12-16-2010, 07:37 PM
On March 24, 1976 the Spurs went into McNichols Arena and beat Denver 135-122, snapping the Nuggets' 26-game home winning streak. In fact, it was the second straight year that the Spurs had broken a 26-game home winning streak by Denver. Because the Spurs kept breaking Denver's home winning streaks, and because of several on-court fights between the teams during the 1974-75 season, a strong rivalry developed between the Nuggets and the Spurs. Nuggets' coach Larry Brown called the Spurs a "dirty team" and yelled at George Gervin during a 1976 Denver loss at HemisFair Arena. Bob Bass got up from the Spurs bench, told Brown to shut up, and offered to fight him. After the game, the Nuggets' boss said "I don't like anything about San Antonio, their coaching staff, their franchise or their city. The only thing I like about San Antonio is guacamole salad." Naturally, the Spurs' rowdy group of fans, the "Baseline Bums," caught wind of Brown's quote. The next time the Nuggets visited HemisFair Arena, the Baseline Bums were ready. Nuggets' forward Gus Gerard remembers that: "The next time we came down there the people were throwing avocados out on the floor and dumping guacamole salad on the players. When Larry (Brown) went to the locker room, they had something like dime beer night that night, so they were pouring beer over Larry's head. That was pretty wild."

I remember a game in the 90's, where the Spurs were beating down on the Nuggets and the nuggets and the crowd decided to take it out on the refs and started throwing stuff to the court and Bernie Bickerstaff (who had already beed ejected) had to get on the mic and ask the crowd to stop

NRHector
12-16-2010, 10:48 PM
You can send me some Bill Miller's BBQ. Fans here really do hate our Spurs, especially Manu. I'll be sitting in the second row behind the scorers table sporting #21 jersey. GoSpursGoI think I just saw you taking off the Spurs hat and waving it, was that you?