PDA

View Full Version : Manu Proving Once Again that He's the Best Closer in the NBA

ezau
12-16-2010, 12:57 AM
You guys should stop bitching about that superb, step-back dagger that Manu hit. The guy is the best closer and most clutch player in the league, what do you guys expect?

When he had the ball with less than nine seconds to go, I knew that dude guarding him is going to get toasted.

The Bucks will have a hard time sleeping tonight. :toast

ALVAREZ6
12-16-2010, 01:05 AM
Even if a travel had been called, would have made zero difference in the outcome of the game.

Manu in Manu mode = Spurs win, even considering all other potential factors. Shot doesn't fall? Manu takes game in OT.

On to the next one.

#41 Shoot Em Up
12-16-2010, 01:07 AM
You guys should stop bitching about that superb, step-back dagger that Manu hit. The guy is the best closer and most clutch player in the league, what do you guys expect?

When he had the ball with less than nine seconds to go, I knew that dude guarding him is going to get toasted.

"The guy is the best closer and most clutch player in the league"
:lmao

ALVAREZ6
12-16-2010, 01:08 AM
:cry :cry :cry Manu <3 owning Mavs :cry :cry :cry

ezau
12-16-2010, 01:10 AM

But, but Dirk is the best jumpshooting hippie ever:cry:cry:cry

jestersmash
12-16-2010, 01:10 AM

Point production per 48 minutes in 4th quarter or overtime, less than 2 minutes left, neither team ahead by more than 3 points

Lebron James 48.4 FG% ; 74.9 PTS
Kobe Bryant 46.7 FG% ; 63.7 PTS
Manu Ginobili 61.9 FG% ; 56.8 PTS
Dirk Nowitzki 37.0 FG% ; 54.1 PTS

ezau
12-16-2010, 01:12 AM
Point production per 48 minutes in 4th quarter or overtime, less than 2 minutes left, neither team ahead by more than 3 points

Lebron James 48.4 FG% ; 74.9 PTS
Kobe Bryant 46.7 FG% ; 63.7 PTS
Manu Ginobili 61.9 FG% ; 56.8 PTS
Dirk Nowitzki 37.0 FG% ; 54.1 PTS

:lmao:lmao:lmao

DAF86
12-16-2010, 01:13 AM

Maybe Dirk can take some lessons from Manu on how to make a shot against the bucks with the game on the line, tbh, imho.

SpurCharger
12-16-2010, 01:14 AM
Maybe Not The best Closer...... But he is pretty Damn Clutch.....

jestersmash
12-16-2010, 01:14 AM
To be fair to Dirk, I'm pretty sure he gets fouled a lot and his FT% in the clutch is spectacular, which is why he scores almost as many points (54.1). In other words, his true shooting percentage is extremely high because he gets to the line so often.

Ghazi
12-16-2010, 01:16 AM
DAF with the bads, per the usual

DAF86
12-16-2010, 01:18 AM
lol Pokemon

ElNono
12-16-2010, 01:19 AM
http://imgur.com/tCp90.gif

GoodOdor
12-16-2010, 01:19 AM
Lol comparing role player 3rd option manu to number 1's Kobe and Dirk.

Lol Manu>dirk.

DAF86
12-16-2010, 01:21 AM
lol banned and nobody noticed

The Gemini Method
12-16-2010, 01:23 AM
gotta love the Spurs and Mavs dynamic on ST...one of the main reasons I come here tbh, IMHO...

midnightpulp
12-16-2010, 01:24 AM
lol banned and nobody noticed

I actually like BadOdor. He roots for a faggot team, but he was a decent poster. He wasn't afraid to go at the dumbfucks in his own fanbase.

Not sure if "GoodOdor" is a parody or the real deal.

DAF86
12-16-2010, 01:29 AM
I actually like BadOdor. He roots for a faggot team, but he was a decent poster. He wasn't afraid to go at the dumbfucks in his own fanbase.

I have no problem with him either but for some reason he likes to fail at baiting me.

GoodOdor
12-16-2010, 01:37 AM

Sons it's me. There isn't much to parody tbh, didn't post here that much.

And lol at spur fans back to comparing manu to kobe/dirk. Could swear just a year ago they wanted him traded.

Manu is clutch as hell, but it's silly to compare him to dirk/kobe, who are number 1 options. Manu, up to this point in his career, was a second fiddle at best.

GoodOdor
12-16-2010, 01:38 AM
I have no problem with him either but for some reason he likes to fail at baiting me.

Sons when someone says Manu>dirk, he is a faggot. You are akin to a laker fan that claims Kobe>jordan.

ALVAREZ6
12-16-2010, 01:43 AM
Sons it's me. There isn't much to parody tbh, didn't post here that much.

And lol at spur fans back to comparing manu to kobe/dirk. Could swear just a year ago they wanted him traded.

Manu is clutch as hell, but it's silly to compare him to dirk/kobe, who are number 1 options. Manu, up to this point in his career, was a second fiddle at best.

Manu is the #1 option this season, no denying. Averaging most points, and it's been years now since Manu has been the Spurs closer. The ball goes to him when the games are on the line.

He just has played on a great team his whole NBA career. And LMAO @ 3rd option, the Big 3 have shared roles almost the entire time. It's a dynamic group, they can all step up when they have to. Tellin me Manu, one of the most efficient players in the game, wouldn't be a #1 on half the teams in the NBA?

DAF86
12-16-2010, 01:45 AM
Sons when someone says Manu>dirk, he is a faggot. You are akin to a laker fan that claims Kobe>jordan.

You do know that Manu > Dirk thing is Mav krew invention, right?

GoodOdor
12-16-2010, 01:48 AM
You do know that Manu > Dirk thing is Mav krew invention, right?

You said you'd rather have manu over dirk. Even other spurs fan thought you were a faggot for saying something so stupid.

Lol manu>dirk.

GoodOdor
12-16-2010, 01:50 AM
Manu is the #1 option this season, no denying. Averaging most points, and it's been years now since Manu has been the Spurs closer. The ball goes to him when the games are on the line.

He just has played on a great team his whole NBA career. And LMAO @ 3rd option, the Big 3 have shared roles almost the entire time. It's a dynamic group, they can all step up when they have to. Tellin me Manu, one of the most efficient players in the game, wouldn't be a #1 on half the teams in the NBA?

Nice revisionist history there. The spurs has been tim duncan's team up to 2007. They won 4 rings as his team.
It became parkers/manu's team in 2008-2010. Owned 4-1 by the lakers in 08, owned 4-1 by the mavs in 09, and skunked by the sons in 2010.

That's what happens when manu is the best player on a team.

jestersmash
12-16-2010, 01:52 AM
I thought Cubby wasn't supposed to be back until January? What's he doing here on troll accounts?

ezau
12-16-2010, 01:52 AM
Nice revisionist history there. The spurs has been tim duncan's team up to 2007. They won 4 rings as his team.
It became parkers/manu's team in 2008-2010. Owned 4-1 by the lakers in 08, owned 4-1 by the mavs in 09, and skunked by the sons in 2010.

That's what happens when manu is the best player on a team.

The better question is what happens when Kobe is the no. 1 option without an elite big man to carry him.

DAF86
12-16-2010, 01:54 AM
You said you'd rather have manu over dirk. Even other spurs fan thought you were a faggot for saying something so stupid.

Lol manu>dirk.

I said that Manu has had a better career than Dirk and that for the Spurs to play alongside Duncan I would rather have Manu than Dirk.

I also said that I think that Manu at his best is every bit as good if not better than Dirk, but individually I have always acknowledged that Dirk's great and consistent NBA performance has been clearly superior to Manu's.

GoodOdor
12-16-2010, 01:55 AM
I said that Manu has had a better career than Dirk and that for the Spurs to play alongside Duncan I would rather have Manu than Dirk.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:l ol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol :lol:lol

ezau
12-16-2010, 02:00 AM
Dirk's ringless ass and inability to lead his team to championship will be a knock on him forever.

GoodOdor
12-16-2010, 02:02 AM
Dirk's ringless ass and inability to lead his team to championship will be a knock on him forever.

I agree.

Doesn't change the fact Dirk>>>manu.

ezau
12-16-2010, 02:07 AM
I agree.

Doesn't change the fact Dirk>>>manu.

Manu can walk away next year and count the three rings in his fingers. For Dirk? I don't know about that.

While we're at it, let's not forget Manu's gold medal from the 04 Olympics.

ALVAREZ6
12-16-2010, 02:10 AM

I also said that I think that Manu at his best is every bit as good if not better than Dirk, but individually I have always acknowledged that Dirk's great and consistent NBA performance has been clearly superior to Manu's.

I pretty much agree with all of this, tbh.

Manu's weakness over the course of his career is inconsistency. But when he's on one of those routs where he's playing crazily well, he's one of the best players in the league. Unfortunately, those streaks have been rare...they're not his average performance. And in my opinion, it's pretty hard to deny this. That stretch during the end of last season, he was hands down one of the top players in the league...the stretch alone resulted in Manu finishing top 10 in MVP voting.

GoodOdor
12-16-2010, 02:10 AM
Manu can walk away next year and count the three rings in his fingers. For Dirk? I don't know about that.

While we're at it, let's not forget Manu's gold medal from the 04 Olympics.

Manu is basically a horry - a very good role player. He can't be compared to a number 1 like dirk. Rings are a team accomplishment, so is the Olympics.
Manu is not even a HOF without his "international contributions". Dirk is a legit HOF, without needing some B-league awards. His career shits on manu's, and he is the better player by a good margin.

P.S how's the dead wife?

BUMP
12-16-2010, 02:14 AM
Maybe Dirk can take some lessons from Manu on how to make a shot against the bucks with the game on the line, tbh, imho.

tbh, imho, maybe Duncan can take lessons from Dirk on how not to get shat on by a rookie PF playing for one of the worst teams in the league

namlook
12-16-2010, 02:18 AM
Manu can walk away next year and count the three rings in his fingers.

But Manu was never the man for any of those rings. He was always riding someone else's coat tails, even Tony Parker outperformed him when in mattered most in the finals. Manu has also been very inconsistent in his career. He has flashes of brilliance but he's simply not an elite player.

ALVAREZ6
12-16-2010, 02:22 AM
Manu is basically a horry - a very good role player. He can't be compared to a number 1 like dirk. Rings are a team accomplishment, so is the Olympics.
Manu is not even a HOF without his "international contributions". Dirk is a legit HOF, without needing some B-league awards. His career shits on manu's, and he is the better player by a good margin.

P.S how's the dead wife?
It's widely believed Manu should have won finals MVP '05. Tim Duncan even acknowledged this, he knew that should have gone to Manu and had no problem admitting it. Manu's without a doubt is leading this team this year, on and off the court. And he would be the #1 on a lot of other teams in this league.

Far from a role player... Manu beat Team USA & Italy (another team that beat USA in that tournament) for a gold medal in 04 pretty much single-handedly.

ezau
12-16-2010, 02:23 AM
But Manu was never the man for any of those rings. He was always riding someone else's coat tails, even Tony Parker outperformed him when in mattered most in the finals. Manu has also been very inconsistent in his career. He has flashes of brilliance but he's simply not an elite player.

It's funny how that comment came from a Laker fan knowing fully well how Kobe rode Shaq's coat tail for three rings.

ALVAREZ6
12-16-2010, 02:23 AM
But Manu was never the man for any of those rings. He was always riding someone else's coat tails, even Tony Parker outperformed him when in mattered most in the finals. Manu has also been very inconsistent in his career. He has flashes of brilliance but he's simply not an elite player. He disappears way too much.
You are incorrect.

Manu was the difference in the 2005 playoffs. He was the true finals MVP.

ALVAREZ6
12-16-2010, 02:24 AM
It's funny how that comment came from a Laker fan knowing fully well how Kobe rode Shaq's coat tail for three rings.

And then Pau's for 2 more :lol :lol :lol

GoodOdor
12-16-2010, 02:24 AM
It's widely believed Manu should have won finals MVP '05. Tim Duncan even acknowledged this, he knew that should have gone to Manu and had no problem admitting it. Manu's without a doubt is leading this team this year, on and off the court. And he would be the #1 on a lot of other teams in this league.

Far from a role player... Manu beat Team USA & Italy (another team that beat USA in that tournament) for a gold medal in 04 pretty much single-handedly.

Congratz on manu's "should have been finals mvp 05" trophy.

namlook
12-16-2010, 02:25 AM

The Pau that was 0 for 12 in the playoffs before he met Kobe? Yeah...uh huh. :lmao

DAF86
12-16-2010, 02:25 AM

P.S how's the dead wife?

And you complain about my BB takes?

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:l ol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol :lol

ezau
12-16-2010, 02:26 AM

P.S how's the dead wife?

I had to stop when you had to say that Dirk is a HOF. When a player has choked multiple times in the playoffs in his entire career, I don't think that player deserves to be mentioned in the HOF class.

To refresh your memory, Dirk did:

choke in 06
choke in 07
and get ass-fucked by the Spurs in 2010

Manu on the other hand, delivers when it counts and he was surely the best player for the Spurs in the 2005 playoffs outside of a guy named Duncan.

Manu is a winner and that's something Dirk has been trying to accomplish his entire career.

How's Uncle Adolf?

GoodOdor
And you complain about my BB takes?

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:l ol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol :lol

Manu>dirk, great fuckin player:depressed:depressed

Almost finals mvp trophy in 05:depressed:depressed:depressed

ALVAREZ6
The Pau that was 0 for 12 in the playoffs before he met Kobe? Yeah...uh huh. :lmao

lol are you serious? Because Pau never played alongside another legend, like Kobe or Shaq... he played on the Memphis Grizzlies!!!!!!LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO roflcopter

namlook
12-16-2010, 02:27 AM
You are incorrect.

Manu was the difference in the 2005 playoffs. He was the true finals MVP.

Manu is a one-time all star role player and nothing more.

DAF86
Manu=Spot up shooter :depressed:depressed:depressed

ezau
Manu>dirk, great fuckin player:depressed:depressed

Almost finals mvp trophy in 05:depressed:depressed:depressed

Oh yeah, Dirk got the 06 Finals MVP award, right? Hey wait a minute....

namlook
12-16-2010, 02:28 AM
lol are you serious? Because Pau never played alongside another legend, like Kobe or Shaq... he played on the Memphis Grizzlies!!!!!!LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO roflcopter

Oh so now Kobe is a legend? :lmao

DAF86
12-16-2010, 02:28 AM
Manu is a one-time all star role player and nothing more.

Soon to be two-time all star, tbh, imho, fwiw.

ezau
12-16-2010, 02:29 AM

Yeah, especially in Colorado.

DAF86

Who says he wasn't?

GoodOdor
I had to stop when you had to say that Dirk is a HOF. When a player has choked multiple times in the playoffs in his entire career, I don't think that player deserves to be mentioned in the HOF class.

To refresh your memory, Dirk did:

choke in 06
choke in 07
and get ass-fucked by the Spurs in 2010

Manu on the other hand, delivers when it counts and he was surely the best player for the Spurs in the 2005 playoffs outside of a guy named Duncan.

Manu is a winner and that's something Dirk has been trying to accomplish his entire career.

How's Uncle Adolf?

No one cares what you think. Dirk is a first ballot HOF. If you think otherwise, you're probably a grey named spur fan.

Speaking of choking....

Duncan 10 out 27 finals game 7.....damnnnnn:wow

GoodOdor
12-16-2010, 02:30 AM
Oh yeah, Dirk got the 06 Finals MVP award, right? Hey wait a minute....

MVP>almost finals mvp trophy.

Hope this helps.

Voice of Reason
12-16-2010, 02:30 AM

http://media.photobucket.com/image/kobe%20umad/robinsat/Kobe-UMad.jpghttp://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv283/robinsat/Kobe-UMad.jpg
http://media.photobucket.com/image/kobe%20umad/robinsat/Kobe-UMad.jpg

jestersmash
12-16-2010, 02:31 AM
I pretty much agree with all of this, tbh.

Manu's weakness over the course of his career is inconsistency. But when he's on one of those routs where he's playing crazily well, he's one of the best players in the league. Unfortunately, those streaks have been rare...they're not his average performance. And in my opinion, it's pretty hard to deny this. That stretch during the end of last season, he was hands down one of the top players in the league...the stretch alone resulted in Manu finishing top 10 in MVP voting.

Not really. Look at his per 36 minutes statistics since the '04-'05 season. They have been phenomenally consistent.

'04-'05 19.5 PTS @ 60.9 TS%, 12.8 Field Goal Attempts (FGA) (still per 36 min.)
'05-'06 19.5 PTS @ 59.3 TS%, 13.3 FGA
'06-'07 21.7 PTS @ 60.9 TS%, 14.9 FGA
'07-'08 22.6 PTS @ 61.2 TS%, 15.4 FGA
'08-'09 20.8 PTS @ 59.4 TS%, 15.0 FGA
'09-'10 20.7 PTS @ 58.4 TS%, 15.1 FGA
'10-'11 22.5 PTS @ 62.4 TS%, 15.2 FGA

He's rank 3 in Win shares per 48 minutes of all active players in the league. Lebron James is 1st. Tim Duncan is 2nd. Dirk Nowitzki is 4th. Kobe Bryant is 9th. Wade is 8th.

That's consistent as fuck. His field goal attempts per 36 minutes have steadily increased over the years as Duncan's have decreased. Look at his true shooting percentage though. It has always hovered right around 60 since 2005. That's good enough for 8th in the entire league for career numbers (that includes his first year where he wasn't anywhere near the player he became in 2005). Where does Dirk Nowitzki rank for career TS% of all active players in the league? He's 10th.

The numbers are nice, and rest assured I'm in no way shape or form trying to argue that Ginobili > Dirk. That's patently absurd.

I bring it up because as laughable as it is to suggest that Ginobili > Dirk as an individual talent (he's obviously not), it's equally as laughable to see Ginobili so grossly underrated by so many Dirk fans on this board. Hilarious, really, and at the end of the day Ginobili will be laughing all the way to his trophy case with 3 rings.

ALVAREZ6
12-16-2010, 02:34 AM

How could I deny Kobe being a legend? I never said nor implied this, if you inferred it then you are mislead.

rayjayjohnson
12-16-2010, 02:36 AM
dirk is going to get assfucked by SOMEONE this year, just not sure who at this stage.

there's so many possibilities

spurs have fucked him
nuggets have fucked him
golden fucking state have even fucked him

ALVAREZ6
12-16-2010, 02:36 AM
http://media.photobucket.com/image/kobe%20umad/robinsat/Kobe-UMad.jpghttp://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv283/robinsat/Kobe-UMad.jpg
http://media.photobucket.com/image/kobe%20umad/robinsat/Kobe-UMad.jpg
No, not really, I actually think Kobe deserves it..but I'm also saying he always did it with either Shaq or Pau + great bench. Doesn't take away from it, but it sure as hell made it easy. Can't take it away from Kobe he's a hell of a player, obviously one of the best I've seen.

And no, I'm satisfied with 3 rings for the Spurs.

ezau
12-16-2010, 02:37 AM
MVP>almost finals mvp trophy.

Hope this helps.

You mean that MVP award? :lmao:lmao

The year the Mavericks were skullfucked by the Warriors after a 67-15 finish in the regular season? :lmao:lmao

If it helps your miserable life, when the Dirk was hoisting his MVP award, Manu was celebrating his third championship ring.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/190/483590024_51f2462dfb_o.jpg

ezau
12-16-2010, 02:39 AM
No one cares what you think. Dirk is a first ballot HOF. If you think otherwise, you're probably a grey named spur fan.

Speaking of choking....

Duncan 10 out 27 finals game 7.....damnnnnn:wow

yet still getting the ring from the Pistons team that fucked the Super LA Lakers team the year before.

Yeah, Duncan really choked.

Oh, before you call out TD's 10-27 shooting game, let me remind you that not so long ago, Robin Bryant went 6-24. :toast:toast

GoodOdor
12-16-2010, 02:42 AM
yet still getting the ring from the Pistons team that fucked the Super LA Lakers team the year before.

Yeah, Duncan really choked.

Oh, before you call out TD's 10-27 shooting game, let me remind you that not so long ago, Robin Bryant went 6-24. :toast:toast

Kobe choked.

Dunca choked.

Glad we agree:toast

jestersmash
12-16-2010, 02:45 AM
lol Giuseppe

ALVAREZ6
12-16-2010, 02:46 AM
Kobe should change his number next season to #29, tbh, imo, to represent and honer the number of shots he needs to take to score 30 points in a game :lol

GoodOdor
12-16-2010, 02:48 AM
Kobe should change his number next season to #29, tbh, imo, to represent and honer the number of shots he needs to take to score 30 points in a game :lol

That was left'esqe.

ezau
12-16-2010, 02:49 AM
Kobe choked.

Dunca choked.

Glad we agree:toast

I guess I have to say yes on that one. :toast

Amuseddaysleeper
12-16-2010, 02:50 AM
and Mav fan still says no to Roddy B/Caron for Manu trade :lmao

Voice of Reason
12-16-2010, 02:55 AM
No, not really, I actually think Kobe deserves it..but I'm also saying he always did it with either Shaq or Pau + great bench. Doesn't take away from it, but it sure as hell made it easy. Can't take it away from Kobe he's a hell of a player, obviously one of the best I've seen.

And no, I'm satisfied with 3 rings for the Spurs.

It's not like Kobe teamed up in the off-season with Shaq or Pau and decided to team up and try to take the easy road to a championship...he's just won with what he was given.

18 shots for 30+ points
http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=301215011

rayjayjohnson
12-16-2010, 03:03 AM
You mean that MVP award? :lmao:lmao

The year the Mavericks were skullfucked by the Warriors after a 67-15 finish in the regular season? :lmao:lmao

If it helps your miserable life, when the Dirk was hoisting his MVP award, Manu was celebrating his third championship ring.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/190/483590024_51f2462dfb_o.jpg

best photo ever.

ALVAREZ6
12-16-2010, 03:11 AM
18 shots for 30+ points
http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=301215011
lol, you should ask what KG and the False think about how many shots it takes Kevin Durantula to score 30...

fG-A_lfQlvI

:lol

cobbler
12-16-2010, 03:21 AM

Said on a night he goes for 31 on 18 shots! Classic!

:toast

DAF86
12-16-2010, 03:21 AM
It's not like Kobe teamed up in the off-season with Shaq or Pau and decided to team up and try to take the easy road to a championship...he's just won with what he was given.

Except, in 2005 and 2006. And if I recall correctly, he cried like a little girl to get help or get traded.

jestersmash
12-16-2010, 03:30 AM
lol, you should ask what KG and the False think about how many shots it takes Kevin Durantula to score 30...

fG-A_lfQlvI

Zebras have toned down the superstar love for Durant a bit this year. He's come back down to earth in that regard.

Guy was averaging 10.2 FTA per game for the '09-'10 season.

Kobe Bryant averaged around that from '04-'07 but he's Kobe fucking Bryant. Michael Jordan averaged 10.2 FTA and above for his career only 2 seasons, and his career FTA per game average is virtually equal to Durant's.

At the end of the day though, it was blatantly obvious to anyone watching the games that Durant was the beneficiary of an inordinate number of "ticky tack" foul calls than other star players in the league.

ALVAREZ6
12-16-2010, 04:15 AM

Roger Freemason Jr.
12-16-2010, 04:30 AM
Lol comparing role player 3rd option manu to number 1's Kobe and Dirk.

Lol Manu>dirk.

You don't know shit about basketball. You're an agitator, & you've always been that way. That's most likely why nobody liked you in high school, & if you currently have people you call your friends, I'm sure they don't return the favor. Because you are a smug sad little fuck, who would rather spend his time on the forum of a team he hates, than man the fuck up and get on with your life. Don't you want to know what pussy feels like? It's amazing, now go out and get some! I believe in you! :violin

Roddy Beaubois
12-16-2010, 05:05 AM
lol manu

Rummpd
12-16-2010, 05:14 AM
Over a 5 year period he was most clutch
in the NBA and just returning to that

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/john_schuhmann/11/05/clutch.numbersgame/index.html

Not only is Ginobili the new Batman, he's also Mr. Clutch. His shooting percentage isn't that great, but he's at the top of the list because he gets to the line often and makes his free throws when he does. The same goes for Maggette.

You might notice that every player in the top 10 is in the Western Conference. You also might notice that there's no Bryant, James, Wade or Carmelo Anthony in the top 10. They're a little further down the list. James ranks 12th, Anthony ranks 22nd, Wade ranks 28th and Bryant ranks 38th.

LOL Kobe not even top ten!

BillWalton
12-16-2010, 05:17 AM
You guys do realize this is his first ever gamewinning buzzer beater right?

Best closer :rolleyes

BUMP
12-16-2010, 05:19 AM
Over a 5 year period he was most clutch
in the NBA and just returning to that

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/john_schuhmann/11/05/clutch.numbersgame/index.html

Not only is Ginobili the new Batman, he's also Mr. Clutch. His shooting percentage isn't that great, but he's at the top of the list because he gets to the line often and makes his free throws when he does. The same goes for Maggette.

You might notice that every player in the top 10 is in the Western Conference. You also might notice that there's no Bryant, James, Wade or Carmelo Anthony in the top 10. They're a little further down the list. James ranks 12th, Anthony ranks 22nd, Wade ranks 28th and Bryant ranks 38th.

LOL Kobe not even top ten!

So you're gonna trust a list with Okur ranked the 2nd most clutch player in the league?

cutewizard
12-16-2010, 05:49 AM

Yes indeed, Manu is the smartest player in the NBA!

rayjayjohnson
12-16-2010, 05:56 AM
define clutch.

21_Blessings
12-16-2010, 06:01 AM
define clutch.

The guy that has more gamewinners than Jordan.

rayjayjohnson
12-16-2010, 06:06 AM
the only thing ginobli is good at is closing up my burrito.

KapitanTutan
12-16-2010, 07:15 AM
define clutch.

chauncey billups.

oh wait.

lmao nuggets :lmao

Rummpd
12-16-2010, 10:26 AM
Manu has taken over multiple games this year in the 4th and has sparked comebacks several times and in any arguement, right now is one of the "top tier" closer type of players in the NBA.

He may not be honestly quite on the plane of Kobe down the stretch for his career despite the nba.com article I posted earlier; but he is one of the closest things to Kobe in the NBA playing right now right now at SG;and a hell of competitor and just flat out a great NBA guard and is this year the MVP of the Spurs.
He like Kobe or Pierce is one of those players you know wants the last shot everytime and the ball when it counts and hats off to all those types of players. The top tier winners live for those moments and it never would surprise me to see Manu or Kobe or Pierce hit the deciding shot of any game.

in2deep
12-16-2010, 10:32 AM
http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/062010/haters-6.jpg

Voice of Reason
12-16-2010, 11:18 AM

fG-A_lfQlvI

:rollin

Except, in 2005 and 2006. And if I recall correctly, he cried like a little girl to get help or get traded.

Kobe knew he wasn't going anywhere, and it forced the front office to do something. I'm satisfied with the results of his "crying" :toast

Killakobe81
12-16-2010, 11:24 AM
gotta love the Spurs and Mavs dynamic on ST...one of the main reasons I come here tbh, IMHO...

I agree, Gemini. I first came for the Spurs/Pistons which was spirited but classy for the MOST part. But now the Mavs vs. Spurs i think is bigger thn Lakers vs. spurs and believe me Both Dallas and San antonio hate the Lakers ...(i lived in both cities)

ohmwrecker
12-16-2010, 11:29 AM
There are two kinds of people, Lakers fans and people who hate them. There is not a lot of gray area.

NASpurs
12-16-2010, 11:32 AM
the only thing ginobli is good at is closing up my burrito.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

This guy is too funny. He's the next lefty.

urunobili
12-16-2010, 11:32 AM
I agree, Gemini. I first came for the Spurs/Pistons which was spirited but classy for the MOST part. But now the Mavs vs. Spurs i think is bigger thn Lakers vs. spurs and believe me Both Dallas and San antonio hate the Lakers ...(i lived in both cities)

I disagree.

SAT hates the Lakers. Dallas thing is more of an envy thing since there truly isn't a rivalry in between y'all :downspin:

DJB
12-16-2010, 12:36 PM

Thanks for confirming :tu

history2b
12-16-2010, 04:37 PM
Can someone explain to me how a guy who just hit his first buzzer beater ever be the best closer in the game?

ElNono
12-16-2010, 04:38 PM
Can someone explain to me how a guy who just hit his first buzzer beater ever be the best closer in the game?

It wasn't his first buzzer beater ever.
And even if it happened to be, you're not worth an explanation either.

rayjayjohnson
12-16-2010, 04:58 PM
chauncey billups.

oh wait.

lmao nuggets :lmao

lol heatfan

history2b
12-16-2010, 05:12 PM
It wasn't his first buzzer beater ever.
And even if it happened to be, you're not worth an explanation either.

That is officially what ESPN has reported as of last night's Sportscenter during the game recap....

Thoughts?

Responses??

ElNono
12-16-2010, 05:22 PM
That is officially what ESPN has reported as of last night's Sportscenter during the game recap....

Thoughts?

Responses??

Is that where your basketball knowledge stems from? ESPN?

tqvPO3BdXk4

Now STFU and GTFO.

it's me
12-16-2010, 05:27 PM
Is that where your basketball knowledge stems from? ESPN?

tqvPO3BdXk4

Now STFU and GTFO.

WOW.... what was :toast

history2b
12-16-2010, 05:37 PM
"Get my basketball knowledge?"

Are you a moron? You get your "knowledge" from a media outlet, you get >information<

Like when they reported that San Antonio beat the Bucks last night, am I supposed to question whether that really happened because, after all, I wouldn't want to rely on getting my "knowledge" from an unreliable sports authority like ESPN.

Maybe Milwaukee didn't even play the Spurs last night, it could have all been a big hoax. Can't trust those ESPN guys... lol

Why not just come out and say, "I don't know if it was Manu's first buzzer beater ever and it angers me that you say that because I am in man-love with him"??

If that wasn't Manu's first buzzer beater, prove it. Show me another game winning buzzer beater...

Baseline
12-16-2010, 06:12 PM
The better question is what happens when Kobe is the no. 1 option without an elite big man to carry him.

They either miss the playoffs entirely, or they're an 8 seed. Just look at their record after Shaquille's departure and Gasol's arrival.

When it was "Bryant's team," the superstar of the universe lead his team to no better than an 8 seed and a first round exit.

As much flack as LeBron gets, he did immeasurably better in Cleveland when it was "his team."

This is precisely why Bryant is the most overrated player in the NBA, and perhaps in the history of the NBA.

ElNono
12-16-2010, 06:13 PM
If that wasn't Manu's first buzzer beater, prove it. Show me another game winning buzzer beater...

You're either dumb, blind or both.

history2b
12-16-2010, 06:18 PM
You're either dumb, blind or both.

No proof means you are a lying moron.

Post a link to Manu hitting just one other game winning buzzer beater and I'll acknowledge it.

Otherwise it's you versus me and ESPN, the sports authority of the world.

ElNono
12-16-2010, 06:41 PM
We'll make this interesting... If I post (again) a video of Manu making another game winner buzzer beater besides the Milwaukee one, you leave this place until February 2011.

I mean, you already made a fool of yourself, might aswell go all the way...
Deal?

Agloco
12-16-2010, 07:29 PM

Apparently "game winners" are a foreign concept to you.......

Don't get it twisted, buzzer beaters aren't necessarily game winners. The converse is also true.

jag
12-16-2010, 07:58 PM
Not really. Look at his per 36 minutes statistics since the '04-'05 season. They have been phenomenally consistent.

'04-'05 19.5 PTS @ 60.9 TS%, 12.8 Field Goal Attempts (FGA) (still per 36 min.)
'05-'06 19.5 PTS @ 59.3 TS%, 13.3 FGA
'06-'07 21.7 PTS @ 60.9 TS%, 14.9 FGA
'07-'08 22.6 PTS @ 61.2 TS%, 15.4 FGA
'08-'09 20.8 PTS @ 59.4 TS%, 15.0 FGA
'09-'10 20.7 PTS @ 58.4 TS%, 15.1 FGA
'10-'11 22.5 PTS @ 62.4 TS%, 15.2 FGA

He's rank 3 in Win shares per 48 minutes of all active players in the league. Lebron James is 1st. Tim Duncan is 2nd. Dirk Nowitzki is 4th. Kobe Bryant is 9th. Wade is 8th.

That's consistent as fuck. His field goal attempts per 36 minutes have steadily increased over the years as Duncan's have decreased. Look at his true shooting percentage though. It has always hovered right around 60 since 2005. That's good enough for 8th in the entire league for career numbers (that includes his first year where he wasn't anywhere near the player he became in 2005). Where does Dirk Nowitzki rank for career TS% of all active players in the league? He's 10th.

The numbers are nice, and rest assured I'm in no way shape or form trying to argue that Ginobili > Dirk. That's patently absurd.

I bring it up because as laughable as it is to suggest that Ginobili > Dirk as an individual talent (he's obviously not), it's equally as laughable to see Ginobili so grossly underrated by so many Dirk fans on this board. Hilarious, really, and at the end of the day Ginobili will be laughing all the way to his trophy case with 3 rings.

Hmm

"Get my basketball knowledge?"

Are you a moron? You get your "knowledge" from a media outlet, you get >information<

Like when they reported that San Antonio beat the Bucks last night, am I supposed to question whether that really happened because, after all, I wouldn't want to rely on getting my "knowledge" from an unreliable sports authority like ESPN.

Maybe Milwaukee didn't even play the Spurs last night, it could have all been a big hoax. Can't trust those ESPN guys... lol

Why not just come out and say, "I don't know if it was Manu's first buzzer beater ever and it angers me that you say that because I am in man-love with him"??

The funny thing about this laker fan is that he thinks he's a good poster, yet you can't tell the difference between his posts and the posts of fake lakerfan trolls.

NASpurs
12-17-2010, 01:35 AM
bump

silverblk mystix
12-17-2010, 01:36 AM
Manu-back to back closer.

BanditHiro
12-17-2010, 01:42 AM
game-winning offensive and defensive play

Hooks
12-17-2010, 01:44 AM
The funny thing about this laker fan is that he thinks he's a good poster, yet you can't tell the difference between his posts and the posts of fake lakerfan trolls.

I thought he was a troll lol

ezau
12-17-2010, 02:03 AM
What did I tell you about him being the best closer in the league? You fags just don't believe me.

FkLA
12-17-2010, 02:09 AM
You know what the other difference between these two players is, when Bryant is having off nights like Manu was today...he'll force it and chuck up shots for one of his now common 6-24 nights. Manu doesnt give a fuck, he'll defer for the first three quarter if he's off. Just give him the ball in the fourth and get out of his way.

ezau
12-17-2010, 02:13 AM
You know what the other difference between these two players is, when Bryant is having off nights like Manu was today...he'll force it and chuck up shots for one of his now common 6-24 nights. Manu doesnt give a fuck, he'll defer for the first three quarter if he's off. Just give him the ball in the fourth and get out of his way.

Amen! :toast:toast

TE
12-17-2010, 03:52 AM
Most clutch player in the league right now tbh

rayjayjohnson
12-17-2010, 03:54 AM
Fuck the cheating cunt spurs

rayjayjohnson
12-17-2010, 03:54 AM
I'm druuuuuuuuunk

TE
12-17-2010, 04:20 AM

Motherfucking cosigned sir!
:toast

rayjayjohnson
12-17-2010, 04:35 AM
Fucking spurs

rayjayjohnson
12-17-2010, 04:35 AM
Fuck ooooooffffff to ny melo

TE
12-17-2010, 04:36 AM
Fuck ooooooffffff to ny melo

tbqh you shouldn't say that brah.

If melo leaves, the Nuggets will be the West version of the Cavs.

rayjayjohnson
12-17-2010, 04:39 AM
Not if we get favors and iggy.

A man can dream

rayjayjohnson
12-17-2010, 04:40 AM
Fuck the motherfucking spurs ginobli cunts im drunk bitches

LoneStarState'sPride
12-17-2010, 05:20 AM
See above for proof positive of the following statement. It's nice to see some things just never change.....

"The Spurs do not beat you so much as they grind you into tiny shards of psychological wreckage." -Denver Post (2005)

Simple Jack
12-17-2010, 05:52 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCyzCpnhqCw&feature=fvst

I'm sorry, what were you saying?

Manu is a top 5 closer no doubt, but Dirk is more clutch than him.

ezau
12-17-2010, 06:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCyzCpnhqCw&feature=fvst

I'm sorry, what were you saying?

Manu is a top 5 closer no doubt, but Dirk is more clutch than him.

I hope he used his clutchness in:

2006, 2007, and 2010.

DAF86
12-17-2010, 06:01 AM
Everybody knows I meant the '10/'11 Bucks, tbh, imho.