PDA

View Full Version : Steak 'n Shake being built on nw side

Buddy Holly
12-16-2010, 07:00 AM
Just for those interested, Steak 'n Shake is being built at the northeast corner of 1604 and 10.

http://tinyurl.com/275a5n7

EricB
12-16-2010, 09:05 AM
Is that by anything? I'm having a hard time picturing where that is, don't get a chance to get out that way much..

Blake
12-16-2010, 09:18 AM
Just for those interested, Steak 'n Shake is being built at the northeast corner of 1604 and 10.

http://tinyurl.com/275a5n7

meh, sounds like a Freddy's steak burgers.

Buddy Holly
12-16-2010, 09:24 AM
Is that by anything? I'm having a hard time picturing where that is, don't get a chance to get out that way much..

The Rim and La Cantera.

Creepn
12-16-2010, 09:35 AM
Cool I've always wanted to go there when they were in Dallas but they closed them down there. Why? Maybe they suck? I dunno. Will give it a try though.

RandomGuy
12-16-2010, 09:49 AM
They are awesome. They do for burgers/shakes what Waffle House does for waffles.

Yummy, and soooo bad for you.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-16-2010, 10:49 AM
Such a crap whore-ible place. I'd rather eat Alpo.

EricB
12-16-2010, 10:54 AM
Steak and shake has the best milkshakes I've personally ever had. Listen to a fat guy who's been all over the country.

Grey Spurfan
12-16-2010, 11:27 AM
Steak and shake has the best milkshakes I've personally ever had. Listen to a fat guy who's been all over the country.

I knew you would post in this thread.

Glenn Holland
12-16-2010, 11:41 AM
AWESOME!
Now San Antonio will have even more choices on how to become more obese.
This is great news.
Another proud day for 210 SAN ANTO

Buddy Holly
12-16-2010, 11:45 AM
AWESOME!
Now San Antonio will have even more choices on how to become more obese.
This is great news.
Another proud day for 210 SAN ANTO

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/54/facepalmm.gif

SO

http://krud.no-ip.org/awesome/gtfo.gif

Glenn Holland
12-16-2010, 11:50 AM
http://krud.no-ip.org/awesome/gtfo.gif

surprised you didnt put on your blog that BEXAR county was featured on the tv show LOCKDOWN last night. San Antonio is in the middle of the gang war. http://www.ktsa.com/Bexar-County-Jail-on-National-Geographic-Wednesday/8783830

http://www.mysanantonio.com/default/article/Bexar-County-Jail-to-be-featured-on-Lockdown-881178.php

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/lockdown/4883/Photos#tab-Photos/0

http://www.ktsa.com/Bexar-County-Jail-on-National-Geographic-Wednesday/8783830The Bexar county jail will be in the national spotlight Wednesday night well as on the big screen.

Buddy Holly
12-16-2010, 11:56 AM
surprised you didnt put on your blog that BEXAR county was featured on the tv show LOCKDOWN last night. San Antonio is in the middle of the gang war.
http://www.ktsa.com/Bexar-County-Jail-on-National-Geographic-Wednesday/8783830The Bexar county jail will be in the national spotlight Wednesday night well as on the big screen.

Yes, there's a gang war going on inside the bexar county jail. :lol

Did you actually watch the episode or just go off the episode's title? And what gangs are at war at the bexar county jail?

The "Drunk Driving Gang" and the "Domestic Abuser Gang"? LOL, Portland had their jail featured on Lockdown. What kind of war is going on in that blighted city? :rollin

Were you born with all that fail or was it something to strived and achieved for?

SourCandy
12-16-2010, 11:56 AM
never even heard of that.

Glenn Holland
12-16-2010, 11:58 AM
Yes, there's a gang war going on inside the bexar county jail. :lol

Did you actually watch the episode or just go off the episode's title?

And what gangs are at war at the bexar county jail?

The "Drunk Driving Gang" and the "Domestic Abuser Gang"?

mexican mafia vs tengo orejons

Glenn Holland
12-16-2010, 12:00 PM
http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/staticfiles/NGC/StaticFiles/Images/Show/48xx/488x/4883_lockdown-san-antonio-gang-war-01_04700300.jpg

Glenn Holland
12-16-2010, 12:00 PM
tengo orejons members use variations of 210 and the spurs logo for their affiliation tats.

Buddy Holly
12-16-2010, 12:03 PM
So San Antonio is in the middle of a gang war or a county jail is in the middle of a gang war? Like every large jail in the country?

Again, why is much fail is such a tiny person?

Glenn Holland
12-16-2010, 12:06 PM
So San Antonio is in the middle of a gang war or a county jail is in the middle of a gang war? Like every large jail in the country?

Again, why is much fail is such a tiny person?
Not certain.
The show highlighted the Bexar county jail and exposed the rising number of gang members and escalating violence.

It was a good production, I thought. 1 hour long.

Buddy Holly
12-16-2010, 12:12 PM
Not certain.
The show highlighted the Bexar county jail and exposed the rising number of gang members and escalating violence.

It was a good production, I thought. 1 hour long.

That's fantastic news about the jail and all but crime overall, in SA, is down and some would say dramatically.

But I'm happy you enjoyed your hour of overly sensationalized "reality" television.

Now if you wouldn't mind letting the topic get back on track. Thanks.

Glenn Holland
12-16-2010, 12:13 PM
That's fantastic news about the jail and all but crime overall, in SA, is down and some would say dramatically.

But I'm happy you enjoyed your hour of overly sensationalized "reality" television.

Now if you wouldn't mind letting the topic get back on track. Thanks.
Calm before the storm, perhaps?
Ok, back on topic.

Are there any more Steak N Shakes planned in San Antonio, currently?
Will this be more successful than the failed Krystal's experiment?

Buddy Holly
12-16-2010, 12:17 PM
Are there any more Steak N Shakes planned in San Antonio, currently?

They're locally owned so I would assume yes.

Will this be more successful than the failed Krystal's experiment?

Krystal's was a victim of its own franchisee so to answer your question, yes it'll be much more successful than Krystal's.

Glenn Holland
12-16-2010, 12:24 PM
Krystal's was pretty good, I thought.

I know the original San Antonio Krystal's located on 410 near Ingram was succesful at first then once business slowed, they folded only to be reopened by the corporate offices. Corporate tried to make it work and find a suitable franchisee for that location but never did from what I heard and once corporate got tired of pumping money into it, the rest of the locations folded along with the Ingram location. That ended Krystal's run in San Antonio.

I liked it. I thought the menu was neat and the food was cooked properly.

I will try Steak N Shake for sure.

I would guess that a S-NS would be built in ALAMO RANCH sooner than later. Last time I checked that area I saw a Carls Jr was going up. Nice to see that area get some more places to eat.

I also think a location for Steak N Shake in the Park North center would be great.

Leetonidas
12-16-2010, 01:02 PM
Krystal's was pretty good, I thought.

I know the original San Antonio Krystal's located on 410 near Ingram was succesful at first then once business slowed, they folded only to be reopened by the corporate offices. Corporate tried to make it work and find a suitable franchisee for that location but never did from what I heard and once corporate got tired of pumping money into it, the rest of the locations folded along with the Ingram location. That ended Krystal's run in San Antonio.

I liked it. I thought the menu was neat and the food was cooked properly.

I will try Steak N Shake for sure.

I would guess that a S-NS would be built in ALAMO RANCH sooner than later. Last time I checked that area I saw a Carls Jr was going up. Nice to see that area get some more places to eat.

I also think a location for Steak N Shake in the Park North center would be great.
I been waiting on that CJ's to open for a long time. That sign has been there for over a year already, since the summer before last. Shit's never coming. like that Jim's across the street there, it'll probably take 5 years.

4>0rings
12-16-2010, 01:48 PM
Krystals is the worst place on Earth and NW of SA = New Mexico.

MsMcGillyCutty
12-16-2010, 01:58 PM
Is this like a Sizzler's?

Shelly
12-16-2010, 02:05 PM
are they putting that by were Olive Garden and TX Roadhouse are?

Kai
12-16-2010, 02:26 PM
pretty affordable and open 24 hrs. Their fries are so skinny, you gotta eat like 20 at a time to get a mouthful. I've had some really good high meals there.

RoddyBukkake
12-16-2010, 03:21 PM
Cool I've always wanted to go there when they were in Dallas but they closed them down there. Why? Maybe they suck? I dunno. Will give it a try though.

you must have missed the other 20 locations still open in Dallas/FTW

Frenzy
12-16-2010, 03:29 PM
When I say the title I thought of "shake and bake"

Ace
12-16-2010, 04:37 PM
Meh, you guys might like the shakes but I'm not big on them

Fpoonsie
12-16-2010, 04:46 PM
you must have missed the other 20 locations still open in Dallas/FTW

:lol

I coulda sworn I just passed by one the other day driving through Lewisville...

ChuckD
12-16-2010, 11:33 PM

Their shakes are good, but their burgers are below average. They use inferior, frozen, high fat meat. It starts out shaped like a hockey puck, but as it cooks, they smash it about as flat as a piece of paper.

Das Texan
12-16-2010, 11:33 PM
Some of you people really dont ever leave the cocoon of San Antonio do you?

ChuckD
12-16-2010, 11:37 PM
are they putting that by were Olive Garden and TX Roadhouse are?

NE would be the other side of IH10 from there.

Glenn Holland
12-16-2010, 11:41 PM
texas roadhouse???

there is only roadhouses at 410/Ingram ; Live Oak(Pat Booker Rd/I35) and 281/Bitters.

Kai
12-17-2010, 03:48 AM
texas roadhouse???

there is only roadhouses at 410/Ingram ; Live Oak(Pat Booker Rd/I35) and 281/Bitters.

Yeah I think it's like a Longhorn Cafe or something. There's a Red Lobster there too.

Das Texan
12-17-2010, 10:38 AM
Yeah I think it's like a Longhorn Cafe or something. There's a Red Lobster there too.

Its Longhorn Steakhouse, Olive Garden and Red Lobster there.

It's probably on the other side of the highway right before you get to the La Cantera Exit. There is some construction going on there.

Nathan Explosion
12-17-2010, 07:26 PM
Krystals is the worst place on Earth and NW of SA = New Mexico.

So NW San Antonio doesn't belong to Texas anymore. Damn that New Mexico. I say Texas declares war on New Mexico. Arizona better mind it's own business.

AlamoSpursFan
12-20-2010, 04:18 AM
meh, sounds like a Freddy's steak burgers.

Completely, totally, and most definitely OWNS Freddy's.

And I like Freddy's.

This is awesome news.

Steak 'n' Shake rocks.

AlamoSpursFan
12-20-2010, 04:21 AM
Their shakes are good, but their burgers are below average. They use inferior, frozen, high fat meat. It starts out shaped like a hockey puck, but as it cooks, they smash it about as flat as a piece of paper.

Not the Steak 'n' Shakes I've been to. They do all of their cooking out front where you can see it (if you're so inclined). And their onion rings are incredible.