PDA

View Full Version : True about Gatesville, TX?

Fabbs
12-16-2010, 12:16 PM
America's Best, Affordable Places to Raise Kids

http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/americas-best-affordable-places-to-raise-kids.html

Buddy Holly
12-16-2010, 12:21 PM
I'd say... where the hell is Gatesville, TX?

Are you sure you didn't cut short the title?

America's Best, Affordable Places to Raise Kids if You're In The Witness Protection Program?

Glenn Holland
12-16-2010, 12:25 PM
hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I have never heard of Gatesville, Tx but I would assume it is not a place I would want to live.

CubanMustGo
12-16-2010, 12:57 PM
Gatesville's up between Temple and Waco in the Hill Country.

The TX runner-up was supposely ... Prairie View.

monosylab1k
12-16-2010, 01:27 PM
it seems pretty obvious the writer of the article hasn't stepped foot in Texas, as evidenced by this line

in case you weren’t aware, high school football is a BIG deal in Texas

Such a generic thing to say about Texas. Goes great with the picture of the family riding horses, because everybody in Texas owns a horse too. crofl I also just saw a Death Row reference in there, cuz we like a killin people.

Creepn
12-16-2010, 02:45 PM
Everytime I drive up and down 35, I think to myself "How do they live here??"

Troy, Temple, Buda, Killeen, Carl's Corner?? MILFORD!?!....HOW??

lazerelmo
12-17-2010, 04:40 PM
Full list of 1 FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Gatesville, TX:

2.35 Miles Ne Of Gatesville Off Hwy. 36, 1.5 Miles North Of I-84 (Lat: 31.452389 Lon: -97.706972), Structure height: 82.3 m, Call Sign: KNKA702
Assigned Frequencies: 869.040 MHz, 890.010 MHz, 824.040 MHz, 845.010 MHz
Grant Date: 08/12/2008, Expiration Date: 10/01/2018, Certifier: David C Jatlow
Registrant: At&t Mobility LLC, 1120 20th Street, Nw, Washington, DC 20036, Phone: (202) 457-2055, Fax: (202) 457-3074, Email: [email protected]

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/towers/cell-Gatesville-Texas.html#CellPhone#ixzz18PKPl6SB

Das Texan
12-17-2010, 05:59 PM
Gatesville is a certifiable piece of shit.

Unless its changed in the last 3 years. This is funny shit.

The only thing I know of it for is all the fucking jails that are there.

CubanMustGo
12-17-2010, 06:03 PM
Johnson City, awesome? Were you high, there's damned little there.

FB is cool but very tourist-driven.

Das Texan
12-17-2010, 11:50 PM
Johnson City isnt bad, there is just nothing there really.

Nathan Explosion
12-18-2010, 02:12 AM
Temple and Waco are not in the Hill Country though. Buda is close enough to Austin so you can live in Buda and commute to Austin. It's about where Live Oak is in relation to downtown San Antonio.

mrsmaalox
12-18-2010, 01:12 PM
I like Johnson City, Blanco, Marble Falls, Burnet, and most of those places up 281---probably because there isn't much there. I've never been past Lampasas cause I turn there towards Killeen; my rental properties are in Killeen and I visit often but I couldn't live there. Also we have a lake house in Belton, and providing one could find steady work, Belton is a very, very nice town that looks perfect for families. If the other side of Lake Belton (Gatesville) is similar then I'd agree with that article.

Das Texan
12-18-2010, 01:56 PM
The only place up 281 past Lampasas is Hamilton. Adamsville is nothing, Evant sucks, Hico is KKK land. Then you start getting into Stephenville and up to Witchita Falls.

Gatesville is definitely not anywhere near the level of Belton.

AlamoSpursFan
12-20-2010, 04:12 AM
Everytime I drive up and down 35, I think to myself "How do they live here??"

Troy, Temple, Buda, Killeen, Carl's Corner?? MILFORD!?!....HOW??

Carl's Corner isn't a town. It was a truck stop. Actually, it still is, but now it's called "Willie's Place".

AlamoSpursFan
12-20-2010, 04:15 AM
And Gatesville is home to the Texas Women's Prison, and a bunch of rednecks who all sit out in their front yards and drink Natty Light while watching cars go by for fun.

Fpoonsie
12-20-2010, 04:21 AM
probably because there isn't much there. I've never been past Lampasas cause I turn there towards Killeen;

The only place up 281 past Lampasas is Hamilton.

Ugh. My grandma has lived in Lampasas my entire life, so I spent many a trip riding through Copperas Cove, Temple, Killeen, etc. Horrible fucking drive...only to get to my grandma's house where the only think I had to look forward to was slightly fuzzy late-night HBO my grandma had no idea she had.

And then the family would insist on going to this place called Storm's Burgers, and explain to me why Storm's burgers were so popular as I suffered through what I could only imagine a Sonic burger that's been sitting out for an hour and a half must taste like.

mrsmaalox
12-20-2010, 11:38 AM
Ugh. My grandma has lived in Lampasas my entire life, so I spent many a trip riding through Copperas Cove, Temple, Killeen, etc. Horrible fucking drive...only to get to my grandma's house where the only think I had to look forward to was slightly fuzzy late-night HBO my grandma had no idea she had.

And then the family would insist on going to this place called Storm's Burgers, and explain to me why Storm's burgers were so popular as I suffered through what I could only imagine a Sonic burger that's been sitting out for an hour and a half must taste like.

:lol You don't like Storm's?? They have the greatest chewable ice in their drinks; but really, my kids LOVE that place.