PDA

View Full Version : Duncan can't play Defense

SPurs206
12-16-2010, 04:31 PM
Any big can post him up and score. He doesn't intimidate any one. We need a big that keep guards out and who can challenge other bigs. Mcdyess is to slow and Blair to small. Splitter looks soft. Griffin had no trouble scoring , darko, and even gooden . We need a big like Noah . Is there any names out there we could trade for? I don't see us winning a championship. We still need that big defensive presence. That is why teams are scoring more. I would trade Mcdyess and Splitter, Bonner and even Blair. For some aggressive help. I thinking of a taller version of Blair. Gasol and Bynum would kill us . Scola maybe a possibilty now that the Rockets look hopeless.

Fpoonsie
12-16-2010, 04:33 PM
What's sad is that, if this doesn't get locked, it'll get a ton of responses...

...starting with me...

tdunk21
12-16-2010, 04:36 PM
chill....its still december.....

thekingrobert
12-16-2010, 04:36 PM
It's hard to play defense when you are the only shotblocking threat for on ball and weak side defense. So who the hell cares cause there aren't enough back em down players to worry about anyway.

Dice
12-16-2010, 04:37 PM
Yeah I know. and they need better passers cause some times the passes look bad and the other team steals the passes. We should trade for Chris Paul or maybe J-Rose if he's avaliable. And we need someone that can dunk better cause right now all we got is RJ and he dunk good but we need some more big time dunks like what Kobe does. Maybe we can get D-howard on a sign and trade cause we need to win a championship.

TJastal
12-16-2010, 04:39 PM
Bad timing for this. TD had 7 blocks yesterday & if Pop decides to start giving Splitter the regular minutes instead of Bonner at some point I think he'll shed that soft label.

NRHector
Any big can post him up and score. He doesn't intimidate any one. We need a big that keep guards out and who can challenge other bigs. Mcdyess is to slow and Blair to small. Splitter looks soft. Griffin had no trouble scoring , darko, and even gooden . We need a big like Noah . Is there any names out there we could trade for? I don't see us winning a championship. We still need that big defensive presence. That is why teams are scoring more. I would trade Mcdyess and Splitter, Bonner and even Blair. For some aggressive help. I thinking of a taller version of Blair. Gasol and Bynum would kill us . Oberto maybe a possibilty now that the Rockets look hopeless.trading all those players is too much

cd98
Funny because:

- the last time a big like Noah tried to guard Tim Duncan, Tim went for 16 points and 18 rebounds and 5 assists and 2 blocks;

- Griffin scores on everyone with no trouble

- Oberto retired because of heart problems (although technically not funny, the suggestion that we should get him is);

- We haven't even played Gasol or Bynum so how do we know they will kill us?

- And what big would you trade for, because Chicago isn't trading Noah and Orlando's not trading Howard.

B

Blackjack
12-16-2010, 04:41 PM
What's sad is that, if this doesn't get locked, it'll get a ton of responses...

...starting with me...

:lol

As I pour gasoline on a troll ablaze.

Cessation
12-16-2010, 04:44 PM
cool story bro

EricD
12-16-2010, 04:51 PM
Step up your game people.

Rummpd
12-16-2010, 05:29 PM
Last PM Duncan had 7 blocks and looked actually very good on defense, just like he has in the majority of games he has played the last few years.

Sometimes bigs just go off - Dirk has been a beast vs. the Spurs and Amare killed the Spurs in some series yet in the majority of times the Spurs won.

Trust in the system and in Duncan. David Robinson is not going to be walking through door to help these days and Duncan is not going to be as good as was in his prime but he still is a top three PER at center in the entire league by Hollinger and in the top ten of all big men and still relatively great on both sides of the ball. That being said the Spurs are one of the top defensive teams right now in the NBA, their point differential is world class as is their record, and if their health holds, they will be fine.

DesignatedT
12-16-2010, 05:31 PM
lol 7 blocks. Duncans defense has been fantastic this season...

8FOR!3
12-16-2010, 05:49 PM
Duncan had what? 7 blocks yesterday? Thought so.

Agloco
12-16-2010, 05:56 PM
As someone stated earlier, not exactly the best timing for this thread.

Mrlunt925
12-16-2010, 06:33 PM
Maybe Duncan should have just stuck to swimming.

L.I.T
12-16-2010, 06:36 PM
Bad Trolling 101: just look at the OPs last sentence.

JR21
12-16-2010, 06:38 PM
:sleep next...

Texas_Ranger
12-16-2010, 06:41 PM
If someone says bad things about Timmy then Fuck you!!

anonoftheinternets
12-16-2010, 06:43 PM
more importantly .. i dint see any mention of 7 blocks anywhere.... goddamn if bosh had 7 blocks it would be plastered all over town ...

ohmwrecker
12-16-2010, 06:47 PM
Oberto maybe a possibilty now that the Rockets look hopeless.

Scola maybe a possibilty now that the Rockets look hopeless.

Last edited by SPurs206; Today at 03:48 PM..

BadOne
12-16-2010, 07:00 PM
http://www.titaniumteddybear.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/welcome-to-epic-fail-huge-facepalm.jpg