PDA

View Full Version : Artest still regrets letting down Pacers

duncan228
12-16-2010, 07:58 PM
Just Artest's quotes, hit the link for the story.

Artest still regrets letting down Pacers (http://www.indystar.com/article/20101216/SPORTS04/12160376/1062/SPORTS04/Kravitz-Artest-still-regrets-letting-down-Pacers)
Bob Kravitz
Indianapolis Star

..."A coward, I was a coward,'' Artest said before Wednesday night's game between the Los Angeles Lakers and the Pacers. "When you do coward stuff, you feel like a coward. I don't care if it was done intentionally or by mistake, you're still a coward. I don't care how young I was. That's not an excuse.''

..."When I was younger, I bailed out on my Indiana team,'' he said during that interview session. "I was so young, so egotistical, and I bailed out on (team executives) Donnie (Walsh) (and) Larry (Bird) (and former teammates) Jermaine (O'Neal), (Jamaal) Tinsley, (Jeff) Foster, who never bails out. He just fights for you, for his team. Stephen Jackson, who already had a ring, continued to fight for us.''

..."I'd been thinking about that for a long time, even when I was in Houston (2008-09),'' Artest said Wednesday. "I always think about those teams. We were in a foxhole together. (Then-coach) Isiah Thomas kind of got me brainwashed, in a good way, and got me connected to the team.

"But I wasn't ready. I wasn't ready mentally. It was really a family, so it felt like I had let down my family.''

..."There's no question those (mental-health issues) played a role,'' Artest said. "I just wasn't mentally strong enough to deal with adversity, deal with things not going my way, not strong enough to not throw an elbow (on Richard Hamilton) when (Game 6 of the 2003-04 Eastern Conference finals) was tied,'' he said quietly. ". . . That's why it's so hard for me to forgive myself for that time in my life. It sticks with me. It sticks with me.''

..."They could have given me medicine, I guess, but it would have been a Band-Aid,'' he said. "Therapy was helping, but I needed to work through a lot of problems. I was scarred as a kid, and those scars never healed. I still get therapy, although it's more maintenance than anything else. But it takes a long time.''

..."It had nothing to do with me and Jermaine,'' he said. "I was just going through so many things personally. That's what that was about. My brother was still in jail, serving a 10-year sentence. My mom and dad separated. I was a young parent. And (one year earlier) I lost my last grandparent. So many things going on. I was in self-destruct mode.

"I wasn't strong enough.''

..."It's cost me $75,000 to fix my problems,'' he said with a laugh. "How many people have 75 grand? I want more therapists and counselors in the schools. I want people, especially our kids, to get the help they need, and to be properly diagnosed by professionals.''

http://www.indystar.com/article/20101216/SPORTS04/12160376/1062/SPORTS04/Kravitz-Artest-still-regrets-letting-down-Pacers

Nathan89
12-16-2010, 08:12 PM
Artest sounds like an idiot when I hear him talk but I think is a great guy. Hearing about his regrets and his charitable activities. Seems like a great guy to me.. Props to Artest for changing for the better.

Ace
12-16-2010, 08:14 PM
Sounds like Artest is losing it. Good intentions but losing it.

silverblk mystix
12-16-2010, 08:16 PM
He should be ashamed, but he should be MORE ashamed to go ride Kobe's coattail's for a ring.

He bailed out on his teammates that were in the foxhole with him...to go help the team that was lobbing grenades into that foxhole. Pussy for life.

NRHector
12-16-2010, 08:16 PM
oh God please keep him away from guns and vehicles

KapitanTutan
12-16-2010, 08:20 PM
crazy fag

Darthkiller
12-16-2010, 08:34 PM
he cost the pacers 2 rings, no biggy

HarlemHeat37
12-16-2010, 08:53 PM
:lol Artest is far from a great guy..the reason he "seems" likable is because he has the mind of a 10-year old retard, so there's the subconscious sympathy factor when you listen to him speak..

This is a guy that has a history of women and animal abuse..

He's a pussy, too..

DeadlyDynasty
12-16-2010, 08:57 PM
Hopefully this latest catharsis will snap him out of his shooting funk. I doubt it though.

LkrFan
12-16-2010, 09:40 PM
Yeah, he cost them the ring that year. They were the team to beat no doubt.