PDA

View Full Version : Chuckster: Dallas best team in Texas

ElNono
12-16-2010, 10:46 PM
Discuss

NASpurs
12-16-2010, 10:48 PM
Dallas has looked real good so I have no problems with him saying that. They play great defense and Dirk is playing on another level right now.

JayTheClown
12-16-2010, 10:48 PM
There is nothing to discuss:hat

duncan228
12-16-2010, 10:49 PM
Kenny came back at him pretty good though, said the Lakers will have to contend with the Spurs come Playoffs.

LkrFan
12-16-2010, 10:56 PM
Dallas is the best. Right now. The Sp*rs, however, have championship experience that the Mavs don't. I trust TD, Manu, and TP moreso than _irk, Chandler, Kidd and Jet in a playoff series.

JayTheClown
12-16-2010, 10:59 PM
Dallas is the best. Right now. The Sp*rs, however, have championship experience that the Mavs don't. I trust TD, Manu, and TP moreso than _irk, Chandler, Kidd and Jet in a playoff series.

Mavs do have championship experience. Just not championship winning experience.

BillWalton
12-16-2010, 11:02 PM
I'd have to agree right now simply because Dallas has more impressive wins this season

They beat Boston, Miami, Utah, New Orleans (when they were undefeated)at home

San Antonio, Denver, Utah, OKC, and Atlanta on the road. Spurs are playing good but it all depends on Duncan. He has to be their best player if they want to challenge Dallas and LA

Frenzy
12-16-2010, 11:44 PM

:lol

Spursmania
12-16-2010, 11:47 PM
Good-let him jinx the Mavs.:lol

Sisk

:lmao

Trainwreck2100
kiss of death to be honest as is the inevitable "chuck jumps bandwagon"

Gold Tooth Carl
12-16-2010, 11:58 PM

[crickets chirping] ............................

Mav-elous Man
12-17-2010, 12:00 AM
I don't know. Last week I would have said definitely but for 4 games in a row they have built huge leads and given them up. They did win 3 of those four but the fact that they were all 17 to 24 point leads and they let teams tie or take the lead concerns me. Especially with them being home games. Signs of more choking to come? I hope not. A cause for concern but plenty of time to get it right. At least we show up for the good teams.

KapitanTutan
12-17-2010, 12:01 AM

:toast

MavDynasty
12-17-2010, 12:03 AM
tbh Mavs are a good team but when Dirk is off, they are fucked. There is no reliable 2nd scorer.

DPG21920
12-17-2010, 12:14 AM
tbh Mavs are a good team but when Dirk is off, they are fucked. There is no reliable 2nd scorer.

That is very true. Mavs overall have a super talented team. The thing is, while they are seemingly well balanced on paper (and on the court) they have a bunch of "jack of all trades, master of none" guys.

Spurs know if Tim struggles, Manu or TP can take over. Mavs don't have that guy. But, when Dirk plays well, the are really tough to beat. Which is often.

Roddy Beaubois
12-17-2010, 12:20 AM
Mavs are the best team in Texas............................................. .......................... in da regular season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! amirite??!!!!!! :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

chokericks

Rummpd
12-17-2010, 12:25 AM
Spurs have a 3 point greater point differential and 2 less losses so it is a argueable point. One win over the Spurs, especially how motivated they were after losing to the Spurs last year to me is not convincing enough IMO and for all the talk of Duncan's age by Charles - Duncan looks tonight to be back in form to previous years. Both are strong teams period.

crc21209
12-17-2010, 02:29 AM
He was probably drunk as always so who cares...:lol

crc21209
12-17-2010, 02:46 AM
Man, get over it. There's so much failure in this post. First of all, Dunan is the Spurs fourth best player. Stop trying to compare him to Dirk. The Spurs don't even need Dunan at this point. You can go to any roster in the NBA and find someone on the bench to replace Dunan's minimal efforts. Dirk is a superstar MVP caliber player, of course you're going to hurt if he have an off night. Dunan hasn't been a superstar player since 2006.

Who's Dunan? :lol

midnightpulp
12-17-2010, 02:46 AM
Man, get over it. There's so much failure in this post. First of all, Dunan is the Spurs fourth best player. Stop trying to compare him to Dirk. The Spurs don't even need Dunan at this point. You can go to any roster in the NBA and find someone on the bench to replace Dunan's minimal efforts. Dirk is a superstar MVP caliber player, of course you're going to hurt if he have an off night. Dunan hasn't been a superstar player since 2006.

Which bench player can replicate 14, 10, and 2 in 28 minutes?

Why do you enjoy talking out of your ass so much? Does it tickle your prostate or something? I thought that was Koolaid_Man's job.

midnightpulp
12-17-2010, 02:53 AM
Stop it. More like 13/9. The guy is not all-star status... move on.

After tonight's game, it'll be around 14 and 10. And your ass ain't gonna get off that easy.

Which bench player in the league could step into Duncan's role and replicate that kind of production, as well as play defense that is shown to be 9 points better when he's on the court?

howbouthemspurs
12-17-2010, 03:27 AM
Chuck jumps on band wagons.. he's a piece of shit

HankChinaski
12-17-2010, 03:43 AM
Chuck is a fan of the spurs. But what he said is true as of right now in the season. Dallas has come out with Wins against teams that were pretty hot including against the spurs. Dallas is the only other team in Texas competing with the lakers in the playoffs and pretty much in the western conference. Utah will be interesting to see how they come around with Okur comes back for them. It will be interesting come january where both of these teams stand alongside with the lakers. All I know it's going to be interesting in the playoffs this year.

Notable difference between this years squads and last years squads from Spurs and Dallas.

Spurs - bench that can score and keep out on the floor without the 3 main guys having to take shorter periods of rest. 3pt shooting and overall increase in atheleticism.

Dallas - Better rebounding and increased intensity on defensive end. And with Dirk playing like he is they are a definite contender as long as he continues to produce like he has so far. I've been very surprised on how they improved team defense over one year.

But, in a playoff series between the two teams (Dallas and San Antonio) I'll be leaning more on the spurs winning a best of 7 against Dallas. Only due to last years series. Same teams on paper with a few things added here and there. It's up to Dallas to try take it away from San Antonio.

TE
12-17-2010, 03:50 AM
Chuck is a bandwagoner, no difference here.

Phillip
12-17-2010, 10:51 AM
That is very true. Mavs overall have a super talented team. The thing is, while they are seemingly well balanced on paper (and on the court) they have a bunch of "jack of all trades, master of none" guys.

Spurs know if Tim struggles, Manu or TP can take over. Mavs don't have that guy. But, when Dirk plays well, the are really tough to beat. Which is often.

What really helps the Mavs offense make up for that lack of a second option I think is the fact that their motion-based offense that Carlisle initially wanted to use with Kidd, is now able to work, because of increased athletes in Marion, Butler and Chandler. This is the most movement in the offense than we have seen since the Nellie days. And it results in a lot more easy open looks for every, especially Dirk, which is a big reason he has been so efficient this year. He isn't being forced to go iso all-game long, and tire himself out by the 4th. He is constantly getting wide-open looks and mismatches through the flow of the offense.

It will be interesting to see how their offense keeps going as the season goes on. If teams will get it figured out, or what. And most interesting will be how they try to integrate Roddy B.

DPG21920
12-17-2010, 11:03 AM
Roddy, if he reaches his level of last season, will definitely add a much needed dimension. I agree with what you said and I wasn't implying the mavs offense wasn't good, because it obviously is. I was saying that they way they manufacture points is a lot different than the spurs. The Mavs are not versatile on that end for the most part and their margin for error is less because their top 3 options aren't as good as the spurs top 3 options.

sribb43
12-17-2010, 12:19 PM
Spurs offense is superior to the mavs but the one thing the mavs had over the spurs early on was their D. However, the way the mavs D has regressed as of late I'm starting to lean toward SAS

cheguevara
12-17-2010, 12:22 PM
chuck just making nba on tnt interesting that's all

BUMP
12-17-2010, 12:33 PM
Spurs offense is superior to the mavs but the one thing the mavs had over the spurs early on was their D. However, the way the mavs D has regressed as of late I'm starting to lean toward SAS

It still remains to be seen whether Dallas can gets stops when they have to. That's really all that matters. San Antonio (as evidenced last night) still has the capability to do it no matter how bad they play throughout the game. IMHO, that's how defense is really judged, if you can get stops in crunch time. Ginobili made the play when it had to be made.

That's what killed the Mavs last year in the playoffs. They couldn't stop the Spurs at all in the 4th quarter of game 6 and I've already seen flashes of it this year.

sribb43
12-17-2010, 12:42 PM
It still remains to be seen whether Dallas can gets stops when they have to. That's really all that matters. San Antonio (as evidenced last night) still has the capability to do it no matter how bad they play throughout the game. IMHO, that's how defense is really judged, if you can get stops in crunch time. Ginobili made the play when it had to be made.

That's what killed the Mavs last year in the playoffs. They couldn't stop the Spurs at all in the 4th quarter of game 6 and I've already seen flashes of it this year.

Im not convinced of the mavs D yet. I question it bc they are relying on zone for too long of stretches and as a result get beat on the boards. Also, the mavs play zone to hide Barea. Anytime i see JJ and JET on the floor together I cringe and to make it worse mavs are forced to fall back into the zone. The more video teams have on the mavs zone, they better team are getting at beating it

BUMP
12-17-2010, 12:48 PM
Im not convinced of the mavs D yet. I question it bc they are relying on zone for too long of stretches and as a result get beat on the boards. Also, the mavs play zone to hide Barea. Anytime i see JJ and JET on the floor together I cringe and to make it worse mavs are forced to fall back into the zone. The more video teams have on the mavs zone, they better team are getting at beating it

Yeah, the Mavs will never be an elite defensive team with Barea and Kidd on the floor at the same time. The Mavs D has been solid, but statistics only go so far. I remember the 2002-03 team did a similar type of zone scheme during the regular season and were one of the best statistical defensive teams in the NB but it was really just another gimmick implemented by Don Nelson.

The Mavs weakness forever is the fact that they can never get stops when they have to in the playoffs. I remember ranting about it last year in game 6. The rotations were terrible. If it wasn't Parker/Ginobli/Duncan gutting them, it was McDyess or Hill hitting wide open jumpers. The team just had no urgency on defense. Tyson Chandler certainly helps but still it remains to be seen if the defense can turn it up a notch when they have to.

Cry Havoc
12-17-2010, 12:54 PM

Actually I'd love if this were the case. That would mean we have more 50-60+ win seasons to look forward to in San Antonio. :lol

Phillip
12-17-2010, 01:24 PM
Roddy, if he reaches his level of last season, will definitely add a much needed dimension. I agree with what you said and I wasn't implying the mavs offense wasn't good, because it obviously is. I was saying that they way they manufacture points is a lot different than the spurs. The Mavs are not versatile on that end for the most part and their margin for error is less because their top 3 options aren't as good as the spurs top 3 options.

I understand what you were saying. I'm just saying that their new style of offense is what has kept them alive offensively this year. If they played offense the way they did last year, there is no way they would be 20-5 right now.

If Roddy is at least at the same level, or better than last year, the Mavs will be pretty damn tough to beat, as they will have two guys who are pretty much able to get any shot off they want, and make them in Dirk and Roddy, as well as a lot of other guys who are capable of getting hot on any given night and going for 15+ in Terry, Butler, Marion, Barea, Chandler, and Kidd.

I really wish the Mavs would give Mahinimi more chances. They need to develop him, and try to do what they can to get rid of Haywood. He shows much more offensive ability than any center on the roster, while hustling well on D. Pretty athletic and young too.

Phillip
12-17-2010, 01:25 PM

I think you would lean towards the Nets over the Mavs too, even if the mavs won 82 games and the Nets won 0.

Phillip
12-17-2010, 01:32 PM

Yeah, the Mavs will never be an elite defensive team with Barea and Kidd on the floor at the same time. The Mavs D has been solid, but statistics only go so far. I remember the 2002-03 team did a similar type of zone scheme during the regular season and were one of the best statistical defensive teams in the NB but it was really just another gimmick implemented by Don Nelson.

The Mavs weakness forever is the fact that they can never get stops when they have to in the playoffs. I remember ranting about it last year in game 6. The rotations were terrible. If it wasn't Parker/Ginobli/Duncan gutting them, it was McDyess or Hill hitting wide open jumpers. The team just had no urgency on defense. Tyson Chandler certainly helps but still it remains to be seen if the defense can turn it up a notch when they have to.

The main issue with the 02-03 team was piss poor rebounding killed them. This team can get away with zone more as they have more better rebounders, plus they are also capable of stopping teams in man to man coverage, thanks to Chandler's presence. I think the zone just helps them a lot to conserve energy for offense, as well as covering up for defensive defeciencies of Barea mainly. Plus a lot of teams don't really know how to attack a zone well, and even ones who do, the Mavs seem to have a very good knack of rotating well in it to cover the shooters.

As for wondering if they can turn it up a notch when needed, I think that has been shown a number of times this year, in games against New Orleans, San Antonio, Utah, Boston, Denver, and quite a few others.

I'm pretty sold on their defense so far. The offense is still the main question. In those games where they allowed teams to come back from large deficits were not due to poor defense, but rather poor offense. They couldn't make a damn shot half the time, and it allowed the other team to constantly get out in transition off of long rebounds and such.

sribb43
12-17-2010, 01:36 PM
I think you would lean towards the Nets over the Mavs too, even if the mavs won 82 games and the Nets won 0.

So u dont think the mavs have regressed as of late or u to busy wearing those rose colored glasses?

Fpoonsie
12-17-2010, 01:53 PM
If the records stay close to the same, DAL still has scoreboard over SA THIS season...and I don't see SA getting one in DAL in a week or so.

u4lakers14
12-17-2010, 02:25 PM
i would agree if both team keep the present pace, and dallas can beat the spurs again next game.

i dont think it will happen.

i do think the current mavs team just might be the best one they have ever had, due to tyson chandler (and the absence of dampier)

DJB
12-17-2010, 04:13 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

DJB
12-17-2010, 04:21 PM

in·tan·gi·ble (ĭn-tănˈjə-bəl)
adjective

Incapable of being perceived by the senses.
Incapable of being realized or defined.
Incorporeal.
that cannot be easily defined, formulated, or grasped; vague

noun

Something intangible, especially an asset that cannot be perceived by the senses. Often used in the plural: intangibles such as goodwill and dedication.

Blake
12-17-2010, 04:34 PM

good point :tu

l50IKDVpDiM

Hooks
12-17-2010, 04:45 PM
Dallas is pretty good but it's not like they're going to really improve over the season, they're better than the Spurs right now but not by that much.

The Spurs team won't peak until around March. Pop himself has said they're not even focusing on defense that much because he wants to develop their offense in the first half of the season. Pop himself has said they're not even focusing on defense that much because he wants to develop their offense in the first half of the season. Pop himself has said they're not even focusing on defense that much because he wants to develop their offense in the first half of the season.

Do you guys understand that shit? The Spurs have the best record in the NBA and they're not even close to peaking, let me repeat that, THEY'RE NOT EVEN CLOSE TO PEAKING!

It's happened for like the past decade, the Spurs play mediocre b-ball the 1st half of the season and in the 2nd half they turn it on.

:flag:

#41 Shoot Em Up
12-17-2010, 05:07 PM
Dallas is pretty good but it's not like they're going to really improve over the season, they're better than the Spurs right now but not by that much.

The Spurs team won't peak until around March. Pop himself has said they're not even focusing on defense that much because he wants to develop their offense in the first half of the season. Pop himself has said they're not even focusing on defense that much because he wants to develop their offense in the first half of the season. Pop himself has said they're not even focusing on defense that much because he wants to develop their offense in the first half of the season.

Do you guys understand that shit? The Spurs have the best record in the NBA and they're not even close to peaking, let me repeat that, THEY'RE NOT EVEN CLOSE TO PEAKING!

It's happened for like the past decade, the Spurs play mediocre b-ball the 1st half of the season and in the 2nd half they turn it on.

:flag:

FkLA
12-17-2010, 06:54 PM
What makes you Mav fans so sure that Roddy B wont rot on the bench again? Honest question tbh, no troll. Cause tbh I felt Splitter wouldve been the end of the Bonner era with the Spurs but that shit obviously hasnt happened. What if Carlisle's hard-on for Barea is as big as Pop's hard-on for Bonner ?

sribb43
12-17-2010, 09:04 PM
What makes you Mav fans so sure that Roddy B wont rot on the bench again? Honest question tbh, no troll. Cause tbh I felt Splitter wouldve been the end of the Bonner era with the Spurs but that shit obviously hasnt happened. What if Carlisle's hard-on for Barea is as big as Pop's hard-on for Bonner ?

Carlisle would be crucified by the Dallas media and Cubes if Roddy sat the pine. After what happened in game 6 last year everyone has their eyes on Roddy

Pelicans78
12-17-2010, 09:13 PM
Quit fooling yourselves Spurs fans. Mavs are clearly the better team.

Blake
12-17-2010, 09:19 PM
Quit fooling yourselves Spurs fans. Mavs are clearly the better team.

Mavs usually are in December.

Trill Clinton
12-17-2010, 09:46 PM
Dallas Cowboys? I agree.

jestersmash
12-17-2010, 11:55 PM
I understand what you were saying. I'm just saying that their new style of offense is what has kept them alive offensively this year. If they played offense the way they did last year, there is no way they would be 20-5 right now.

If Roddy is at least at the same level, or better than last year, the Mavs will be pretty damn tough to beat, as they will have two guys who are pretty much able to get any shot off they want, and make them in Dirk and Roddy, as well as a lot of other guys who are capable of getting hot on any given night and going for 15+ in Terry, Butler, Marion, Barea, Chandler, and Kidd.

I really wish the Mavs would give Mahinimi more chances. They need to develop him, and try to do what they can to get rid of Haywood. He shows much more offensive ability than any center on the roster, while hustling well on D. Pretty athletic and young too.