PDA

View Full Version : The Kenny Smith Appreciation Thread!

edgar
12-17-2010, 12:11 AM
Kenny is the only tv/nba analyst who uses common sense these days. He recognizes all teams who have good records and gives them recognition where its due. Charles Barkley used to be reliable to a degree but has apparently lowered his opionions to the likes of other ignorant analysts who endulge themselves with the media baby faces like the Lakers and the Mavericks.

Thank you Kenny for standing up to the national nay sayers that feel the spurs are pretenders.

Feel free to bash Barkley in this thread as well.

DMC
12-17-2010, 12:13 AM
Charles has a point though. Kenny, for the past two nights, has seemed either drunk or high.

Chuck is wrong quite often, but he doesn't just throw out accolades for no reason. He said Duncan was the best PF ever, one of the few TV personalities who say it openly. He's got a point that the Spurs haven't really faced great teams. The long ass streaks by this many teams is an anomaly, and there's a reason.

DMC
12-17-2010, 12:14 AM
When Chuck called Pop "Phil Jackson", I started thinking maybe Kenny AND Chuck are drunk.

HarlemHeat37
12-17-2010, 12:14 AM
They are both terrible analysts, although I wouldn't really call Barkley an analyst..I don't think anybody watches Barkley for serious conversation, he's just entertaining and funny(not as much as he used to be, though)..

He's entitled to his opinion though, and saying the Mavs are better than the Spurs isn't really a stretch, their records are close and the Mavs have played a tougher schedule..

edgar
12-17-2010, 12:16 AM
Nor have the lakers or mavs...

ducks
12-17-2010, 12:25 AM
tnt pays for them to agrue a\
better half time so

Ginobili2Duncan
12-17-2010, 12:47 AM
Most of the time I respect Barkley's opinion, but he is not a very articulate man. Kenny Smith does a better job backing up his position with facts.

Rummpd
12-17-2010, 12:52 AM
If Mr. (K) Smith went to Washington he would have my vote!

edgar
12-17-2010, 01:02 AM
Kenny knows something Barkley doesn't!

BlairForceDejuan
12-17-2010, 01:31 AM
According to Kenny Smith last night on NBA TV, the Spurs are Sexual Healing.

jeebus
12-17-2010, 01:34 AM
When Chuck called Pop "Phil Jackson", I started thinking maybe Kenny AND Chuck are drunk.
EJ's probably got a bucket of nose candy behind that desk and they vacuum that shit up during the games

TDMVPDPOY
12-17-2010, 01:36 AM
i guess its a reverse roles this season for both speakers

barkley heel this season

TDMVPDPOY
12-17-2010, 01:36 AM
i guess its a reverse roles this season for both speakers

barkley heel this season

Death In June
12-17-2010, 01:49 AM
They are both terrible analysts, although I wouldn't really call Barkley an analyst..I don't think anybody watches Barkley for serious conversation, he's just entertaining and funny(not as much as he used to be, though)..

He's entitled to his opinion though, and saying the Mavs are better than the Spurs isn't really a stretch, their records are close and the Mavs have played a tougher schedule..I keep looking up at your avatar thinking it's ducks. It's fucking with me.

EricB
12-17-2010, 01:54 AM
Kenny's problem is it seems he keeps trying to invent new basketball phrases. Like saying the spurs are insulting.

Silent
12-17-2010, 01:57 AM
I really don't understand what Kenny was saying. Can somebody clear it up for my dumb self? Explain what he ment please.

TE
12-17-2010, 04:24 AM
Charles Barkley is a delusional basketball observer.

UnWantedTheory
12-17-2010, 05:49 AM
Kenny! You scallywag you!

bigfan
12-17-2010, 09:40 AM
Chuck may be full of crap sometimes but I think that applies to everyone. I love hearing his comments and I think he really likes to give credit to the Spurs both as a team and recognizing individuals. He has been high on Manu since day one. As for his opinions on the Mavs, well, they are pretty damn good this year and I personally believe until we beat them in their house, they get the bragging rights for now, regardless of overall records. After that happens I promise you Chuck will change his tune.

mando6599
12-17-2010, 10:12 AM
I really don't understand what Kenny was saying. Can somebody clear it up for my dumb self? Explain what he ment please.

All I think he meant was that the Spurs, although maybe not as talented as some elite teams, use their smarts by making other teams look dumb. Or basically we dare(insult was his word) the other team's best players to make the best and last play to win the game. Take last night as an example. I don't know if I even understand now. :bang

nkdlunch
12-17-2010, 10:56 AM
Charles was drinking early last night. no doubt about it

TVI
12-17-2010, 12:19 PM
I really don't understand what Kenny was saying. Can somebody clear it up for my dumb self? Explain what he ment please.I'm not sure Kenny really knew...I think he was really struggling with that strained "insulting" metaphor.

cheguevara
12-17-2010, 12:20 PM

IMO he meant that the Nuggets threw everything at the Spurs and the Spurs weren't even fazed. Thus insulting

TJastal
12-17-2010, 12:28 PM
What Kenny meant:

He thinks the spurs' philosophy of winning is to beat other teams by playing smart basketball and sticking to the game plan for all 48 minutes and banking on the fact that other teams will have more mental lapses.

ohmwrecker
12-17-2010, 12:45 PM
Barkley is right though . . . Regardless of record, until the Spurs beat the Mavs, Dallas is the best team in Texas.

WildcardManu
12-17-2010, 01:48 PM
What Kenny meant:

He thinks the spurs' philosophy of winning is to beat other teams by playing smart basketball and sticking to the game plan for all 48 minutes and banking on the fact that other teams will have more mental lapses.

...and it's true. The Spurs are just waiting for the other team to start making those little mistakes to take advantage. It's the mentality of the leader (Pop).