PDA

View Full Version : Lakers payroll, Spurs payroll

midnightpulp
12-17-2010, 01:43 AM
Lakers: 91+ million.
Spurs: 66+ million.

Laker fucks should thank God (as well as the Memphis Grizzlies, but that's another thread), that the Spurs don't spend, and have never spent, like the Lakers. If they did, the first 3 peat never happens, nor does this recent repeat.

xellos88330
12-17-2010, 01:51 AM
:toast:

IronMexican
12-17-2010, 02:00 AM
Happy to have a better owner, is all.

kamikazi_player
12-17-2010, 02:02 AM
If you're trying to prove a point, you're not really doing a good job.

poop
12-17-2010, 02:04 AM
if the spurs were LA, we would have 'traded' ime udoka for dwayne wade back in 2008.

Nathan89
12-17-2010, 02:04 AM
Lakers can afford it because they have a lot of bandwagon fans.

The real problem is the suspicious gasol trade though.

Nathan89
12-17-2010, 02:05 AM
if the spurs were LA, we would have 'traded' ime udoka for dwayne wade back in 2008.

We would also have players like barnes coming in on the cheap.

tdunk21
12-17-2010, 02:06 AM
actually lakers payroll adds up to 120mil with the luxury tax....

j.dizzle
:lmao Pulp trying too hard yet again.

midnightpulp

True. Holt's frugality is irritating, but you also have to understand that every owner's goal, even that decrepit fuck in LA, is to make money. Cuban might be the exception, but even he likes to stay near the luxury tax threshold.

Also, Buss can afford to be more flexible with payroll, because when you're in the second largest media market, you basically have a guaranteed revenue stream.

ezau
12-17-2010, 02:07 AM
tee, hee

HarlemHeat37
12-17-2010, 02:08 AM
Meh, Buss is part of the Lakers franchise, obviously, so he deserves credit for spending, it's his team..

This is more of a testament to Tim Duncan's career, tbh..

Trainwreck2100
12-17-2010, 02:08 AM

but the blank check leads to dumbass signings like sasha and luke. Lakers would still be shitty if the logo didn't bail them out.

Trainwreck2100
12-17-2010, 02:14 AM
Dick and Bonner.

They had to resign dick to stay under the tax, how does that go against my point?

midnightpulp
12-17-2010, 02:16 AM
Meh, Buss is part of the Lakers franchise, obviously, so he deserves credit for spending, it's his team..

This is more of a testament to Tim Duncan's career, tbh..

My op does have some butthurt in it. I feel the Spurs should have a couple of more titles in this era, mainly the 2004 season when the Lakers reloaded with those ring chasing assholes, Malone and Payton, and the Spurs answered by signing Hedo Turkeyglue and Ron Mercer, the former essentially the reason the Spurs lost to LA in the semis. I know the Spurs went after Malone, but I forget the specifics of why he chose LA over the Spurs.

The Spurs had to reload and retool through the draft and make savvy veteran signings on the cheap, because they could never land that big free agent, so I can't help but think "what if" if the Spurs spent a little more during their salad days.

BanditHiro
12-17-2010, 02:21 AM
Malone didn't go to the Spurs because Duncan refused to play his natural position which would have forced Malone to either come off the bench or play center.

Trainwreck2100
12-17-2010, 02:22 AM
He's a disappointing scrub, and so was Sasha. Look what we turned Sasha into. A solid backup big better than every big on your team not named Dunan. Two draft picks, and the rights to another big man over in EU.

he and bonner are still getting major PT as opposed to luke and sasha who were shit signings.

Also who the fuck has mitch drafted in the second round that has stayed for the lakers?

midnightpulp
12-17-2010, 02:24 AM
Malone didn't go to the Spurs because Duncan refused to play his natural position which would have forced Malone to either come off the bench or play center.

Duncan's natural position is a PF. So I don't get what you're saying (actually I do, but your snide insult has no basis in reality because Duncan has no problem playing PF or Center, as he has proven throughout the years).

midnightpulp
12-17-2010, 02:27 AM
They still are both scrubs. Have you not seen the negative postings by you Spurs fans abut them both.

I can't stand Bonner. I hate stretch 4s in general. They don't win you playoff games, but Dick is playing fine this year, totally worth 8 mil to have a guy who's averaging 14 on 49% shooting and is a threat to go off for 20 any given night.

Trainwreck2100
12-17-2010, 02:27 AM
They still are both scrubs. Have you not seen the negative postings by you Spurs fans abut them both.

It put as much credence in what you say as what they do.

IronMexican
12-17-2010, 02:30 AM
but the blank check leads to dumbass signings like sasha and luke. Lakers would still be shitty if the logo didn't bail them out.

He still kept their shitty asses, though, which was nise after those career contract years. I'm sure all us(Laker fans) would have thrown a fit that he didn't re-sign them.

ezau
12-17-2010, 02:32 AM
If I truly gave a shit about what you say, I'd save this quote, and hit you with it when it matters. We both know Dick will go limp when it counts.

I'd more worried of Bynum's knees if I were you. Those things can explode anytime.

peskypesky
Lakers can afford it because they have a lot of bandwagon fans.

The real problem is the suspicious gasol trade though.

:toast

midnightpulp
If I truly gave a shit about what you say, I'd save this quote, and hit you with it when it matters. We both know Dick will go limp when it counts.

Maybe. But the Spurs are pretty deep offensively, so if he goes limp, there's plenty of other players who can potentially step up. You should know how that works. Kobe goes limp all the time, like 6-24 limp, but luckily other guys sack up and rise to the occasion.

j.dizzle
12-17-2010, 02:36 AM
Bonner was actually the tallest player on the court during one part of the game today hahaha that shit was small ball on roids. Denver is a really short team too so Im surprised they didnt run the ball more. Those cocksuckers always run like crazy Vs LA

midnightpulp
12-17-2010, 02:43 AM
We don't need Bynum to dominate your bigs. You had the same shitty ass bigs three years ago, minus Splintter, and we shit kicked you.

Three years ago is three years ago. Duncan fucked Shaq in the ass in '99. Did that have any bearing on what happened in '01?

Jloyola
12-17-2010, 03:08 AM
The best part: Lakers and Dodgers are both ending their TV contract with FOX in 2012.. I remember hearing on the radio this past summer that both teams are looking to have their own TV network just like the Yankees. If this does happen Dodgers and Lakers would have an additional 100 - 150 million dollars in revenue per year...

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

midnightpulp
12-17-2010, 03:09 AM
The best part: Lakers and Dodgers are both ending their TV contract with FOX in 2012.. I remember hearing on the radio this past summer that both teams are looking to have their own TV network just like the Yankees. If this does happen Dodgers and Lakers would have an additional 100 - 150 million dollars in revenue per year...

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a Dodger fan, that's good to hear.

LA's premiere franchise needs to get back to contention status.

IronMexican
12-17-2010, 03:09 AM
That would probably mean a pricier package, no?

IronMexican
12-17-2010, 03:10 AM
Meaning more expensive satellite bill.

Jloyola
12-17-2010, 03:13 AM
That would probably mean a pricier package, no?

Meaning more expensive satellite bill.

Not exactly sure, gotta ask a Yankee fan on how the "YES" network works in New York.

It could be a package deal with cable/satellite companies or a subscription service.

IronMexican
12-17-2010, 03:19 AM
I'm running about as basic as it gets. Don't even have ESPN.

Jloyola
12-17-2010, 03:23 AM
I'm running about as basic as it gets. Don't even have ESPN.

Get Xbox Live.. the ESPN thing is freaking nice!

HarlemHeat37
12-17-2010, 03:30 AM
It depends on your provider..

YES became free for certain providers(although the cable rate has went up a few $ a month since then, which was expected), but if you are with one of the few that doesn't provide it for free, I'm pretty sure you can subscribe for like 3$ a month..

It'll probably be similar in LA..

MaNu4Tres
12-17-2010, 03:34 AM
Midnightpulp FTW tbh..

ElNono
12-17-2010, 03:37 AM
I live in NJ and YES has an exclusive deal with DirecTV. You can't get YES on Dish Network around here. And YES is the local broadcaster of Nets games, which means that even with league pass, you can't watch them if you have Dish. Ridiculous for a local team.
Cable providers all pretty much carry it though.

LkrFan
12-17-2010, 03:41 AM
Duncan's natural position is a PF. So I don't get what you're saying (actually I do, but your snide insult has no basis in reality because Duncan has no problem playing PF or Center, as he has proven throughout the years).
Well, if he has to play center against the Lakers, he's in trouble. He is no longer in his prime...

Quit Hatin'
12-17-2010, 03:45 AM
lol 6'7 dejaun blair trying to guard 7'1 pau gasol.

midnightpulp
12-17-2010, 03:47 AM
Well, if he has to play center against the Lakers, he's in trouble. He is no longer in his prime...

Last game against Bynum Duncan worked his ass.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201001120SAS.html

midnightpulp
12-17-2010, 03:50 AM
lol 6'7 dejaun blair trying to guard 7'1 pau gasol.

lol at 87 year old Derek Fisher or defensive juggernaut Steve Blake trying to check Tony Parker or George Hill.

LkrFan
12-17-2010, 03:54 AM
Last game against Bynum Duncan worked his ass.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201001120SAS.html
LOL at your one game sample. Funny, Bynum went 11/23 against him - without Pau. TD scored a whopping 2 more points than him. Oooh I'm so scurred. Thing is, can past his prime TD anchor your defense for potentially 7 games? Doubtful (not that a LAL/SA series would go that long, tbh). I even doubt that TD can handle 2010 LO, let alone Bynum or Pau. LO is beasting. For real.

Quit Hatin'
12-17-2010, 03:55 AM
lol at tony parker blowing past fisher or blake just to get swatted back by bynum and his rib cage busted in ala gerald wallace.

LkrFan
12-17-2010, 03:58 AM
lol at 87 year old Derek Fisher or defensive juggernaut Steve Blake trying to check Tony Parker or George Hill.
How about Brown and Barnes (or even Kobe or Artest in a pinch)? We signed them specifically for backcourts like the Sp*rs. :toast

LkrFan
12-17-2010, 04:00 AM
lol at tony parker blowing past fisher or blake just to get swatted back by bynum and his rib cage busted in ala gerald wallace.
This. We have two 7 footers who both have 7'6" wingspans just waiting to start some shit against anyone that gets past Artest, Kobe, Barnes, Brown, or Blake. I hope TP tries that shit. He better stay shooting jumpers and stay out of the lane.

midnightpulp
12-17-2010, 04:09 AM
LOL at your one game sample. Funny, Bynum went 11/23 against him - without Pau. TD scored a whopping 2 more points than him. Oooh I'm so scurred. Thing is, can past his prime TD anchor your defense for potentially 7 games? Doubtful (not that a LAL/SA series would go that long, tbh). I even doubt that TD can handle 2010 LO, let alone Bynum or Pau. LO is beasting. For real.

There's no guarantee he would've played better if Gasol was in the lineup. The first game Pau came back after that 5 or 6 game stretch when he was injured, Bynum scored 8 points, taking only 7 shots. If you actually watched Laker games instead of jerking off to Kobe highlights, you'd see that Pau and Bynum have never really meshed, and Bynum can't really be counted on to deliver consistently. Bynum is arguably more effective when Pau doesn't play. He was averaging 20 points a game in Pau's absence The Lakers aren't a better team, obviously, but Pau's presence doesn't automatically guarantee a surge in Bynum's performance. So you fail there.

TD's been fine as an anchor this year. The defense is 9 points better with him on the floor, and he's still pulling down close to 10 boards a game in 28 minutes. The only issue with him is that he can't guard the pick-and-roll as well as he once did, but as far as patrolling the paint, Duncan is still one of the best in the league. Fail again.

But why should I expect you to know anything about the Spurs when you've admitted that you only watch Laker games?

And if the Lakers and Spurs do meet up, I expect the Spurs to be an underdog, but to suggest, as you're doing, that the Spurs don't have a more than fair shot of beating the Lakers is idiotic, especially if the Spurs can keep pace and grab a better seed. This Spurs team is much improved from last year's.

This is why everyone hates your team and fanbase, not necessarily because of your arrogance and frontrunning, most team's fans do that, but you talk shit without having the slightest fuckin' idea of what you're talking about.

midnightpulp
12-17-2010, 04:13 AM
This. We have two 7 footers who both have 7'6" wingspans just waiting to start some shit against anyone that gets past Artest, Kobe, Barnes, Brown, or Blake. I hope TP tries that shit. He better stay shooting jumpers and stay out of the lane.

Yeah, a lot of good they did denying Westbrook from skullfucking you last year in the first round. It wasn't until Phil got desperate and put Kobe on Westbrook that the Lakers were able to slow him down.

Lakers have had issues with quick point guards for years now, no matter who's defending the paint.

Do you even watch the Lakers? :lol

LkrFan
12-17-2010, 04:29 AM
There's no guarantee he would've played better if Gasol was in the lineup. The first game Pau came back after that 5 or 6 game stretch when he was injured, Bynum scored 8 points, taking only 7 shots. If you actually watched Laker games instead of jerking off to Kobe highlights, you'd see that Pau and Bynum have never really meshed, and Bynum can't really be counted on to deliver consistently. Bynum is arguably more effective when Pau doesn't play. He was averaging 20 points a game in Pau's absence The Lakers aren't a better team, obviously, but Pau's presence doesn't automatically guarantee a surge in Bynum's performance. So you fail there.
WTF are you talking about them not meshing? Bynum gave us 15/8 on 57% shooting. Pau? 18/11 on 53% shooting. If that is not meshing I don't know what is. Bynum gave us defense and an inside presence during the playoffs on a bum knee. It was just enough to get us through. As far as Bynum getting off minus Pau, who cares? We can outscore anybody and we don't need 20/10 from him to win. Read this carefully: we need him to play defense and rebound. 20/10 is nice, but not a prequisite. Here is the pecking order: Kobe, Pau, Bynum/LO.

TD's been fine as an anchor this year. The defense is 9 points better with him on the floor, and he's still pulling down close to 10 boards a game in 28 minutes. The only issue with him is that he can't guard the pick-and-roll as well as he once did, but as far as patrolling the paint, Duncan is still one of the best in the league. Fail again. How did TD do against the elite bigs boasted by the Celtics, Magic, or Lakers? TD played the Magic and D12 beasted him 26 to 15 IIRC. D12 still has no post game yet he beasted TD. Nice anchorage there. If D12 can drop 26 on him, Pau will destroy him.

But why should I expect you to know anything about the Spurs when you've admitted that you only watch Laker games? I know TD is past his prime and I doubt he could handle our 3rd best big man at this stage (LO).

And if the Lakers and Spurs do meet up, I expect the Spurs to be an underdog, but to suggest, as you're doing, that the Spurs don't have a more than fair shot of beating the Lakers is idiotic, especially if the Spurs can keep pace and grab a better seed. This Spurs team is much improved from last year's. I believe the Sp*rs are better this year because Dick is playing better. Well that shit will cease when Artest gets a hold of his ass. Then he will be subbed for by Barnes. His boyfriend won't see the court so don't expect him to keep his torrid play against us.

This is why everyone hates your team and fanbase, not necessarily because of your arrogance and frontrunning, most team's fans do that, but you talk shit without having the slightest fuckin' idea of what you're talking about.You may be telling the truth there. I'm hardly a frontrunner. I'm just new to ST. And of course since I'm not a Sp*rs fan and boast about my team I'll get flack from posters like you. You sound like you are taking this personal. It's not that serious dude. :lol

LkrFan
12-17-2010, 04:34 AM
Yeah, a lot of good they did denying Westbrook from skullfucking you last year in the first round. It wasn't until Phil got desperate and put Kobe on Westbrook that the Lakers were able to slow him down.

Lakers have had issues with quick point guards for years now, no matter who's defending the paint.

Do you even watch the Lakers? :lol
He got desperate? Hardly. But your point is well taken though. There is a reason why MK went out and signed Matty B despite having Artest on the roster. We have some dobermans on the perimeter now. The thing is, I highly doubt PJ will be "desperate" this year and have to put Kobe on Westbrook, tbh. But it's nice to know that Kobe can be called upon to shut someone down if called upon. I'm just glad that Kobe is no longer our best perimeter defender, given that 85-90% of the top scorers in the league are PG/SG/SF types. It's cool though, because our strength is in our front line. This is what separates us from the pretenders.

Quit Hatin'
12-17-2010, 04:42 AM
If we talking bout playoffs series there is no fucking way spurs beat the lakers. First off Kobe shits on Manu and spurs in the playoffs always has and always will. Second of all if you gonna rely on Tony parker to beat us, look where that got you last year against the suns. Third, Duncan alone won't be able to handle the three headed monster of pau, drew, and Lamar. Lastly, Phil would out coach pop and get into his head like he has in previous series.

LkrFan
12-17-2010, 04:44 AM
If we talking bout playoffs series there is no fucking way spurs beat the lakers. First off Kobe shits on Manu and spurs in the playoffs always has and always will. Second of all if you gonna rely on Tony parker to beat us, look where that got you last year against the suns. Third, Duncan alone won't be able to handle the three headed monster of pau, drew, and Lamar. Lastly, Phil would out coach pop and get into his head like he has in previous series.
Church. :toast

Koolaid_Man
12-17-2010, 04:49 AM
Lakers: 91+ million.
Spurs: 66+ million.

Laker fucks should thank God (as well as the Memphis Grizzlies, but that's another thread), that the Spurs don't spend, and have never spent, like the Lakers. If they did, the first 3 peat never happens, nor does this recent repeat.

How bout Koolaid's payroll vs Midgets...:lol

midnightpulp
12-17-2010, 04:54 AM
[QUOTE=LkrFan;4830324]WTF are you talking about them not meshing? Bynum gave us 15/8 on 57% shooting. Pau? 18/11 on 53% shooting. If that is not meshing I don't know what is. Bynum gave us defense and an inside presence during the playoffs on a bum knee. It was just enough to get us through. As far as Bynum getting off minus Pau, who cares? We can outscore anybody and we don't need 20/10 from him to win. Read this carefully: we need him to play defense and rebound. 20/10 is nice, but not a prequisite. Here is the pecking order: Kobe, Pau, Bynum/LO.

That exactly what I was talking about. They don't mesh offensively when they're on the floor together. I've heard many Lakers fans complain that Bynum becomes easily disinterested when he isn't getting a large amount offensive touches, touches that are going to Gasol, and will often drag his feet on defense, either out of discontent or fatigue. The numbers back this up. Bynum is a below average defender for a 7 footer, his defensive rating above 100. Contrast this Duncan who at 34 is at 98, while playing alongside Dejuan Blair.

Furthermore, I think Jerry West even said he likes the offense better when Gasol plays alongside Odom rather than Bynum.

Anyhow, I was simply countering your assertion that having Pau Gasol on the floor would magically make Bynum play better, which is false.

How did TD do against the elite bigs boasted by the Celtics, Magic, or Lakers? TD played the Magic and D12 beasted him 26 to 15 IIRC. D12 still has no post game yet he beasted TD. Nice anchorage there. If D12 can drop 26 on him, Pau will destroy him.

But the Lakers don't have Dwight Howard, so...

And the last game TD and Pau played against each other, they pretty much played to a draw. Gasol outscored TD by 8, but TD shot better and out rebounded him.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201004040LAL.html

I know TD is past his prime and I doubt he could handle our 3rd best big man at this stage (LO)

You don't watch much basketball, do you? Duncan won't be on Odom. Odom is a versatile 4 who plays more on the perimeter and it'd be stupid to take Duncan out of the paint to guard LO on the perimeter. And it would be downright insane to put LO on Duncan on the defensive end. Duncan will crucify him.

I believe the Sp*rs are better this year because Dick is playing better. Well that shit will cease when Artest gets a hold of his ass. Then he will be subbed for by Barnes. His boyfriend won't see the court so don't expect him to keep his torrid play against us.

Artest can match up with RJ, but RJ isn't the only reason. The Spurs are healthier than they were at this time last year, the addition of Neal was an underrated pick up, and Ginobili is playing at an all-star level. Duncan's defense is also much better this year because he lost some weight and is a step quicker. Pop has also tweaked the offense, centering around the perimeter rather than the post. This Spurs team is much different.

You may be telling the truth there. I'm hardly a frontrunner. I'm just new to ST. And of course since I'm not a Sp*rs fan and boast about my team I'll get flack from posters like you. You sound like you are taking this personal. It's not that serious dude. :lol

Not taking it personal. You should know me by now, and know that I like talking shit.

midnightpulp
12-17-2010, 05:00 AM

He kinda sucked in '99, '03, and was average in '04. But yeah, he was great in '01 and '02 against the corpses of Steve Smith, Terry Porter, and Sean Elliott.

I will give him props for playing well in '08 against Bruce Bowen, who was about to retire.

Quit Hatin'
12-17-2010, 05:11 AM
Who your best defender this year Dick? Hill?:lmao

LkrFan
12-17-2010, 05:18 AM
That exactly what I was talking about. They don't mesh offensively when they're on the floor together. I've heard many Lakers fans complain that Bynum becomes easily disinterested when he isn't getting a large amount offensive touches, touches that are going to Gasol, and will often drag his feet on defense, either out of discontent or fatigue. The numbers back this up. Bynum is a below average defender for a 7 footer, his defensive rating above 100. Contrast this Duncan who at 34 is at 98, while playing alongside Dejuan Blair. You heard many Laker fans complain about Bynum. Hell, many Laker fans wanted RuPaul for him. What were they expecting us to do, outscore teams? :lol Defense wins championships, not pretty jumpers. What did RuPaul do against Boston this year? Apparently not enough because they are getting skunked 2-0 so far. If the Lakers had RuPaul and not Bynum, Boston would be on ship #18 right now. No joke. Bynum is a young fella that is still maturing as a player. That is the reason why Pau/LO close qtrs and games. It's all good though - he's improving.

Furthermore, I think Jerry West even said he likes the offense better when Gasol plays alongside Odom rather than Bynum. JW ate crow two Finals in a row.

Anyhow, I was simply countering your assertion that having Pau Gasol on the floor would magically make Bynum play better, which is false. By play better, you mean 20/10 right? Well, like I said, we don't need that from him. We need his presence defensively and on the boards. Bynum being on the floor allows Pau to feast on sub 7' PFs the same way TD has done for his HOF career. Again, the pecking order is Kobe/Pau. If we have a mismatch with Bynum, we'll exploit it. Pick your poison if you are a Sp*r fan: have TD check Bynum and have Pau destroy Dice, Bonner, or the fat midget....or Have TD check Pau and watch Bynum do the same damn thing.

But the Lakers don't have Dwight Howard, so...Pau is better than D12 - no doubt about it. We face D12 in the 2009 Finals. How did that turn out?

And the last game TD and Pau played against each other, they pretty much played to a draw. Gasol outscored TD by 8, but TD shot better and out rebounded him.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201004040LAL.html But can he do it for a full series? One game is too small of a sample size. The sun can shine on a dog's ass for a day.

You don't watch much basketball, do you? Duncan won't be on Odom. Odom is a versatile 4 who plays more on the perimeter and it'd be stupid to take Duncan out of the paint to guard LO on the perimeter. And it would be downright insane to put LO on Duncan on the defensive end. Duncan will crucify him. I catch a few games here and there on Armed Forces Network. From what I saw, LO has been in the paint dunking on MFers this year. He is hardly just camping out on the 3pt lane (although he is shooting the 3 at a 40% clip so far). Plus he is giving us a solid 15/10.

Artest can match up with RJ, but RJ isn't the only reason. The Spurs are healthier than they were at this time last year, the addition of Neal was an underrated pick up, and Ginobili is playing at an all-star level. Duncan's defense is also much better this year because he lost some weight and is got a step quicker. Pop has also tweaked the offense, centering around the perimeter rather than the post. This Spurs team is much different. Don't be fooled. You guys are outscoring teams this year and are hardly playing that hallmark Sp*r defense of yesteryear. It is one thing for TD to anchor like this in December. It's another for him to do the same in May/June. There is a reason why Pop is watching his minutes (yes, the same way PJ is watching Kobe's too). We'll see if he keeps it up all year. Kobe is a perimeter player that can shoot - I'm sure he will be able to. For TD the jury is still out.

Not taking it personal. You should know me by now, and know that I like talking shit.I know. I'm just ruffling feathers. :toast

midnightpulp
12-17-2010, 05:19 AM

RJ's defensive rating is 106; Artest's, like last year, is 105. Artest is a capable defender, but he is far from lockdown, like he was in Indiana.

LkrFan
12-17-2010, 05:21 AM
RJ's defensive rating is 106; Artest's, like last year, is 105. Artest is a capable defender, but he is far from lockdown, like he was in Indiana.
Tell Kevin Durant that shit and watch his facial expression: :depressed

:lol

Quit Hatin'
12-17-2010, 05:24 AM
Nice stat you pulled outta your ass. Dick isn't anywhere close to artest on the defensive end. Ya ask paul pierce who would he rather have guarding him?

LkrFan
12-17-2010, 05:28 AM
Nice stat you pulled outta your ass. Dick isn't anywhere close to artest on the defensive end. Ya ask paul pierce who would he rather have guarding him?
Don't forget 2008 Finals MVP* Palina Pierce. How did he do in 2010? :lol

*Denotes being "guarded" by the likes of Luke Walton and defensive stud Vlad Rad.

midnightpulp
12-17-2010, 05:30 AM
Tell Kevin Durant that shit and watch his facial expression: :depressed

:lol

Please. Durant got any shot he wanted. He simply faded under the pressure of an intense playoff series.

Artest gets burned on the regular, his foot speed is nowhere near it once was. He held opponents to 98 points per 100 possessions in Indy. He's 7 points worse in LA, and that's with Bynum and Gasol behind him.

I'm not knocking him, but you saying Artest is still lockdown is like me saying Tim Duncan in his prime. Both are still capable, but not on the level they once were.

And your perimeter defense has been getting toasted this year. I think the Lakers are the one worst teams in keeping teams out of the paint. You can lay the blame on Fish, but can't neglect that Kobe and Artest aren't the defenders they once were.

ezau
12-17-2010, 05:32 AM

:lol Kobe shitting on Manu. Mr. 6/24 is left with his pussy jump shots and volume shooting. He doesn't offer any other else at this stage in his career. :lol

ezau
12-17-2010, 05:33 AM

Who's gonna guard Manu?

Artest? Kobe? Barnes? :lol

How about TP? Lemme check, you've got Fisher, Blake, and ... Brown? :lol

Quit Hatin'
12-17-2010, 05:40 AM
Artest is a series changer on the defensive end. He can make a bigger impact on a series and we ain't talking bout locking down pierce, melo, Durant, or lebron vs the spurs it's just weak ass Manu.

LkrFan
12-17-2010, 05:42 AM
Please. Durant got any shot he wanted. He simply faded under the pressure of an intense playoff series. He wilted alright. Artest's defense had nothing to do with his 38% shooting. He got closed to his average due the Stern mandate that he shoots FTs like he friggen 2006 DWhistle. Last year he was KWhistle.

Artest gets burned on the regular, his foot speed is nowhere near it once was. He held opponents to 98 points per 100 possessions in Indy. He's 7 points worse in LA, and that's with Bynum and Gasol behind him. Stats are a sucker's crutch. When it mattered, I saw Artest lock down Durant and Paul Pierce when it mattered. Now he has Barnes backing him up instead of Luke Walton (who is our victory cigar nowadays). The Lakers got up defensively one time by my count: against the Pacers on the road because they celebrated like they won the Finals when they beat us in Staples for the 1st time in 14 years. How did Granger do you ask? He got locked down by Tru Warrior in a 15 point laugher.

I'm not knocking him, but you saying Artest is still lockdown is like me saying Tim Duncan in his prime. Both are still capable, but not on the level they once were. True, but we don't need Artest locking down every night. But when has a chance to focus solely on one player (like in a playoff series), I like his chances against anybody.

And your perimeter defense has been getting toasted this year. I think the Lakers are the one worst teams in keeping teams out of the paint. You can lay the blame on Fish, but can't neglect that Kobe and Artest aren't the defenders they once were.The Lakers are a lightswitch defensive team. We didn't get up for anybody all year. Even when we were tearing teams a new asshole by like 13 ppg, we still were giving up 100+ ppg. Watch as the season progresses how our ppg allowed goes down. Now that Drew is back, we are a more balanced team on both sides of the ball. Just wait until he gets in shape. These first few games are essentially his preseason.

midnightpulp
12-17-2010, 05:42 AM
You heard many Laker fans complain about Bynum. Hell, many Laker fans wanted RuPaul for him. What were they expecting us to do, outscore teams? :lol Defense wins championships, not pretty jumpers. What did RuPaul do against Boston this year? Apparently not enough because they are getting skunked 2-0 so far. If the Lakers had RuPaul and not Bynum, Boston would be on ship #18 right now. No joke. Bynum is a young fella that is still maturing as a player. That is the reason why Pau/LO close qtrs and games. It's all good though - he's improving.

Just because Bynum is 7 feet, doesn't mean he's a great defender. He had to play limited minutes against the Suns in last year's WCF because he can't guard the pick-and-roll.

Now, he's a very important piece, I'm not denying that, but he's not the presence you think he is.

JW ate crow two Finals in a row.

No he didn't. He wasn't suggesting that Bynum isn't needed, just that Odom and Gasol play better together. And check out these numbers:

http://www.82games.com/0809/0809LAL2.HTM

By play better, you mean 20/10 right? Well, like I said, we don't need that from him. We need his presence defensively and on the boards. Bynum being on the floor allows Pau to feast on sub 7' PFs the same way TD has done for his HOF career. Again, the pecking order is Kobe/Pau. If we have a mismatch with Bynum, we'll exploit it. Pick your poison if you are a Sp*r fan: have TD check Bynum and have Pau destroy Dice, Bonner, or the fat midget....or Have TD check Pau and watch Bynum do the same damn thing.

Might happen that way, might not.

Pau is better than D12 - no doubt about it. We face D12 in the 2009 Finals. How did that turn out?

But can he do it for a full series? One game is too small of a sample size. The sun can shine on a dog's ass for a day.

It could just the same have shone on Pau's ass that day. Pau is more complete than D12, but D12 presents a different set of matchup problems for Duncan. He can't deal with D12's athleticism at this stage of his career. Gasol is an easier cover for Duncan, despite Gasol being a better offensive player than Dwight.

I catch a few games here and there on Armed Forces Network. From what I saw, LO has been in the paint dunking on MFers this year. He is hardly just camping out on the 3pt lane (although he is shooting the 3 at a 40% clip so far). Plus he is giving us a solid 15/10.

You realize that you can drive or cut to the basket from the perimeter, right?

Don't be fooled. You guys are outscoring teams this year and are hardly playing that hallmark Sp*r defense of yesteryear. It is one thing for TD to anchor like this in December. It's another for him to do the same in May/June. There is a reason why Pop is watching his minutes (yes, the same way PJ is watching Kobe's too). We'll see if he keeps it up all year. Kobe is a perimeter player that can shoot - I'm sure he will be able to. For TD the jury is still out.

Thanks for telling me something I already know. But yes, one of my concerns is if Duncan, or Ginobili for that matter, will be healthy come playoff time. If the Spurs are healthy, they could make a run. To deny they have no shot is just being a homer. Lakers are far from invincible.

LkrFan
12-17-2010, 05:48 AM
:lol Kobe shitting on Manu. Mr. 6/24 is left with his pussy jump shots and volume shooting. He doesn't offer any other else at this stage in his career. :lol
He outrebounded KG and Sheed with his 15 rebs in the clincher. He played great defense. 6/24 was just what haters like you want to focus on. :toast

midnightpulp
12-17-2010, 05:48 AM
Artest is a series changer on the defensive end. He can make a bigger impact on a series and we ain't talking bout locking down pierce, melo, Durant, or lebron vs the spurs it's just weak ass Manu.

lol. Ron Artest's defensive rating in last year's playoffs was in Steve Nash territory. 110.

You Laker fucks seriously overrate that dumbfuck who can't even understand the triangle. You selectively memorize his good moments, but forget his bad ones, where he's getting blown by and burnt.

LkrFan
12-17-2010, 05:50 AM
Who's gonna guard Manu?

Artest? Kobe? Barnes? :lol

How about TP? Lemme check, you've got Fisher, Blake, and ... Brown? :lol
Yes. We'll send a wave of defenders against them. But that sword cuts both ways. How is the post defense of Manu and TP? Kobe has the best non-bigman post moves in the game. Artest can post up and so can Barnes. Think about that before you laugh. Hell, ask Ray Allen about why he was in foul trouble in the Finals. Hint - Kobe's post game is sick.

ezau
12-17-2010, 05:53 AM

LOL Artest lockdown :lmao:lmao:lmao

Last I checked, Manu destroyed Artest in the 2006 first round playoffs. That was the Artest that still had the capability to guard quicker players. You think Manu is scared of Artest? :lol:lol

Manu has owned that mental midget since day one.

Quit Hatin'
12-17-2010, 05:54 AM
Again with the bs stat you pull outta your ass. You better hope Manu doesn't have to guard Kobe cause Kobe will work him on one end of the floor and on the other end he gotta wrestle with artest.

ezau
12-17-2010, 05:54 AM
He outrebounded KG and Sheed with his 15 rebs in the clincher. He played great defense. 6/24 was just what haters like you want to focus on. :toast

LOL celebrating 15 rebounds. Kobe's career average of 5.3 RPG is well umm, average. tee, hee.

ezau
12-17-2010, 05:56 AM
Again with the bs stat you pull outta your ass. You better hope Manu doesn't have to guard Kobe cause Kobe will work him on one end of the floor and on the other end he gotta wrestle with artest.

I can't wait to see Manu use those crazy legs against the arthritic knees of Kobe. Kobe will end up chucking like a mad dog in order to compensate for the humiliation that he's about to get from Manu. :lol:lol

Quit Hatin'
12-17-2010, 05:59 AM
I can't wait to see Manu use those crazy legs against the arthritic knees of Kobe. Kobe will end up chucking like a mad dog in order to compensate for the humiliation that he's about to get from Manu. :lol:lol

2008 ring a bell?

ezau
12-17-2010, 06:00 AM
2008 ring a bell?

does an injured Manu ring a bell? :toast

midnightpulp
12-17-2010, 06:01 AM

How is he gonna wrestle with someone he'll just be able to drive by? :lol

Quit Hatin'
12-17-2010, 06:07 AM
does an injured Manu ring a bell? :toast

Now you just making excuses. Face it Manu got his manhood taken away in that series. Lol getting shut down by Sasha :lmao

ezau
12-17-2010, 06:09 AM
Now you just making excuses. Face it Manu got his manhood taken away in that series. Lol getting shut down by Sasha :lmao

Too bad you traded Sasha, what now Laker fan? :lol:lol

Quit Hatin'
12-17-2010, 06:12 AM
Barnes and brown are capable of doin what sasha did to Manu. Manu ain't nothin special.

ezau
12-17-2010, 06:14 AM
Barnes and brown are capable of doin what sasha did to Manu. Manu ain't nothin special.

Did you see how many times Manu has abused Barnes when he was still with the Queens and Suns? :lol:lol

LkrFan
12-17-2010, 06:15 AM
There is a reason why they are the _enver Thuggets. You think Manu gets that wide open in crunch time against the Lakers? He's not clutch - _enver are just some dumb fuck chuckers with no defensive IQ. Get real. :downspin:

ezau
12-17-2010, 06:16 AM
There is a reason why they are the _enver Thuggets. You think Manu gets that wide open in crunch time against the Lakers? He's not clutch - _enver are just some dumb fuck chuckers with no defensive IQ. Get real. :downspin:

And Artest and Barnes are smart defensive players? I would have given them some credit years ago, but right now, they're both mental midgets with declining physical tools to defend effectively.

midnightpulp
12-17-2010, 06:18 AM

I don't doubt you, about Denver being chuckers. You've come to be an expert in that regard watching Kobe chuck all those years.

And he was trying his best to chuck away the Finals.

6-24.

Quit Hatin'
12-17-2010, 06:20 AM
Still not as bad as Kobe abusing Manu and the spurs. We have so many versatile defenders we can throw at Manu, he is gonna get shutdown and have to fake an injury.

midnightpulp
12-17-2010, 06:20 AM

It happens. Kobe's gets his manhood taken away on the regular by the basketball rim. Luckily, there's always a great big man around to remind him where his dick went.

Kobe Bryant: Big Man Dependent.

Quit Hatin'
12-17-2010, 06:28 AM
It happens. Kobe's gets his manhood taken away on the regular by the basketball rim. Luckily, there's always a great big man around to remind him where his dick went.

Funny how you try to demote Kobe when you and I both know he is gonna go down as 1 or 2 on the alltime list. Where your manhood go? You dedicated it to Kobe.

ezau
12-17-2010, 06:30 AM
TBH, I only see Kobe as a glorified version of Joe Johnson. All he does is chuck shots and that's it.

Quit Hatin'
12-17-2010, 06:35 AM
JJ >Manu tbh

LkrFan
12-17-2010, 06:45 AM

TD: little man dependent. No Manu, no TP, no chance. Just sayin'...

GoodOdor
12-17-2010, 06:47 AM
Lakers - defending champs.

Spurs - fresh off a skunking by the suns.

LkrFan
12-17-2010, 06:47 AM
And Artest and Barnes are smart defensive players? I would have given them some credit years ago, but right now, they're both mental midgets with declining physical tools to defend effectively.
Artest sent the Suns and the Celtics packing with clutch shots. Both time in the playoffs. One of the times during a game 7. What were you saying again? :wakeup

LkrFan
12-17-2010, 06:49 AM

They got skunked by the team we sent home packing in game 6...in their gym. The tears from Nash were priceless. :cry

:rollin

LkrFan
12-17-2010, 06:50 AM
TBH, I only see Kobe as a glorified version of Joe Johnson. All he does is chuck shots and that's it.
How many all defensive teams have JJ made again? Son shut your mouth when grown folks are talking.

LkrFan
12-17-2010, 07:18 AM
I see Tim Duncan is a glorified Brad Daugherty. Just saying...
Man this is the motherfucking truth. They have the same exact game. I swear I've been making their comparisons for years.

Great post. :toast

midnightpulp
12-17-2010, 07:19 AM
Man this is the motherfucking truth. They have the same exact game. I swear I've been making their comparisons for years.

Great post. :toast

And you guys let Brad Daughtery sweep your ass out of the Forum and end the 3 peat.

I'd be ashamed.

LkrFan
12-17-2010, 07:40 AM
And you guys let Brad Daughtery sweep your ass out of the Forum and end the 3 peat.

I'd be ashamed.
I'm glad you brought that up tbh. People say Kobe rode Shaq's coattails. Well, Shaq's fatass ballooned to like 5,000 lbs that year. Had injuries (arthritic toe IIRC) that he took care of "on company time." Kobe did his part. Shaq didn't do his and it has been that way for his entire career: he relied upon his God-given physical abilities instead of working on his game every year. He should have gone down as the GOAT - not MJ - but he is a lazy fuck that cost us a few more rings due to him not being a true professional. Hell if he had 1/10 the work ethic Kobe has that 2003 defeat would have never happened. That's why when we defeat him and the Celtic scum this year in the Finals that will be the most satisfying ring Kobe will every win.

Oh, and you guys can't even repeat, yet you are bragging that you guys stopped us from 4peating? :lmao

midnightpulp
12-17-2010, 07:45 AM
I'm glad you brought that up tbh. People say Kobe rode Shaq's coattails. Well, Shaq's fatass ballooned to like 5,000 lbs that year. Had injuries (arthritic toe IIRC) that he took care of "on company time." Kobe did his part. Shaq didn't do his and it has been that way for his entire career: he relied upon his God-given physical abilities instead of working on his game every year. He should have gone down as the GOAT - not MJ - but he is a lazy fuck that cost us a few more rings due to him not being a true professional. Hell if he had 1/10 the work ethic Kobe has that 2003 defeat would have never happened. That's why when we defeat him and the Celtic scum this year in the Finals that will be the most satisfying ring Kobe will every win.

Oh, and you guys can't even repeat, yet you are bragging that you guys stopped us from 4peating? :lmao

Reducing Kobe to tears is always something to brag about.

Oh, and Shaq played well against the Spurs in '03 while Kobe was getting outscored by Bruce Bowen :lol

silverblk mystix
12-17-2010, 10:23 AM

I thought you were staying off the forum due to a lost bet?????

Venti Quattro
12-17-2010, 10:40 AM
spurs are 22-3 and spurfan still finds a way to feel aggravated and disadvantaged

nkdlunch
12-17-2010, 11:17 AM
:lmao

and the funniest thing is the Lakers are paying $15 million to Andrew Bynum

Andrew "wheelchair" fucking Bynum

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Killakobe81
12-17-2010, 12:29 PM
Since the Lakers payroll expanded (true it has grown with the extensions the past 2 years, but the Pau trade is what really pushed us to the top of the NBA) we have 2 titles and one other finals appearance.

It's not my money and with what we charge for floor seats our payroll is a non-issue as long as we keep winning.
spurs have created a great business model winning without being the top spender ...but really that all comes down to duncan. He is a HOF'er that took a little less ...once he is gone, if you continue not to spend the Spurs will be good but no longer contenders ...

Killakobe81
12-17-2010, 12:34 PM
the thing I don't get ...Many on here like to post about "insecure Laker fans" but all I see is:

1. Ohh the refs give stuff to the Lakers. Ex: Joey Crawfors has a vendetta against the Spurs.
2. Stern loves the Lakers, NY and Boston even though the spurs have 4 titles
3. The media ignores us.
4. People that call the Spurs style boring "don't know basketball"
5. Kobe is no where as good as Duncan and he has only won 2 titles as an alpha dog ...

Shouldnt you guys enjoy the amazing play of Manu and Tim's resurgence last night? you guys are 4 games better than the Lakers right now, shouldnt it be a time to enjoy this?

DazedAndConfused
12-17-2010, 01:30 PM
I wasn't aware that the LOB was awarded in December.

Wake me up when the playoffs start.

NASpurs
12-17-2010, 01:33 PM
I wasn't aware that the LOB was awarded in December.

Wake me up when the playoffs start.

Are the Lakers even making the playoffs?

Venti Quattro
12-17-2010, 01:35 PM
Are the Lakers even making the playoffs?

sig bet?

NASpurs
12-17-2010, 01:48 PM
sig bet?

Ok. If the Spurs make the playoffs, I can choose whatever sig I want for you. If the Lakers make the playoffs, you can choose whatever sig you want for me. Win/win or lose/lose, however you see it.

Venti Quattro
12-17-2010, 01:49 PM
Ok. If the Spurs make the playoffs, I can choose whatever sig I want for you. If the Lakers make the playoffs, you can choose whatever sig you want for me. Win/win or lose/lose, however you see it.

lol are you kidding? you really are going into a sig bet

here's a memo: the spurs are making the playoffs. and so are the lakers

NASpurs
12-17-2010, 01:49 PM
lol are you kidding? you really are going into a sig bet

here's a memo: the spurs are making the playoffs. and so are the lakers

:lol good job

ezau
12-17-2010, 09:20 PM

TBH, you guys just got skunked a few weeks back.
LOL losing four straight games.

ezau
12-17-2010, 09:21 PM
Reducing Kobe to tears is always something to brag about.

Oh, and Shaq played well against the Spurs in '03 while Kobe was getting outscored by Bruce Bowen :lol

:lol:lol Outscored by Bruce Bowen :lol:lol