PDA

View Full Version : Melo about to cry there in locker room

ace3g
12-17-2010, 01:47 AM
just showed it on TNT

I could easily see Melo being traded within the next couple of days just to add to the agony of this loss

4>0rings
12-17-2010, 01:48 AM
Na, Melo doesn't even give a shit about being in Denver much less a loss. Just padding his stats to keep his value up high.

Darkwaters
12-17-2010, 01:49 AM
Yea, I think hes most upset about the missing two points in his box score and the embarrassment on ESPN as he called for an offensive foul.

Hooks
12-17-2010, 01:50 AM
The refs protected his ass all night long lol.

kjhip1
12-17-2010, 01:52 AM
he clearly was looking like he was about to cry...I wouldnt want to see the play either, Melo. clearly you charged.

NRHector
just showed it on TNT

I could easily see Melo being traded within the next couple of days just to add to the agony of this lossit would be really funny if he gets traded to the Knick and the Spurs beat them again like tonight

RuffnReadyOzStyle
just showed it on TNT

I could easily see Melo being traded within the next couple of days just to add to the agony of this loss

Um, he clearly wants to be traded. He said so some time ago (then retracted it to be a good team guy). He can't wait to go to NY.

ChuckD
12-17-2010, 01:53 AM
I don't want to see it... (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168472)

JR3
12-17-2010, 01:54 AM
The refs protected his ass all night long lol.

There was a point in the game that Melo complained about a no call and the very next play down the floor I said to myself "the refs are going to give him a call". AND sure enough, they called a ticky tack foul. Its sad, but its the truth. In the end, we got the call that mattered, and it was a great call.

HarlemHeat37
12-17-2010, 01:55 AM
http://straightfromthea.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/carmelomug1.jpg

http://www.theunabashedqueer.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/latifah.jpg

jag
12-17-2010, 01:56 AM

:lmao

crc21209
12-17-2010, 01:57 AM
After all the horrible ass calls favoring Denver in the paint all night long, it was only right one finally went our way....

stealthjbravo
12-17-2010, 01:58 AM
lmao

kjhip1
12-17-2010, 01:58 AM
:rollin:rollin:rollin

Silent
12-17-2010, 02:01 AM
Really I thought mello was going to cry . Spurs deserved the win . Nuggs were leading most of the game and for the spurs to come back makes it a more deserved win for the spurs . George hill was playing with a sore big toe. Not Manny people know that .

8FOR!3
12-17-2010, 02:03 AM
Really I thought mello was going to cry . Spurs deserved the win . Nuggs were leading most of the game and for the spurs to come back makes it a more deserved win for the spurs . George hill was playing with a sore big toe. Not Manny people know that .

JR Smith and Carmelo Anthony were playing with a sore butt...

Kori Ellis
12-17-2010, 02:05 AM
I think he was crying. I mean, tears weren't running down his cheeks or anything, but it looked like he might have just wiped them away before the camera came on :lol

It was funny when they asked him if he looked at the replay.

SA210
12-17-2010, 02:10 AM

:lmao

Darkwaters
12-17-2010, 02:11 AM
:ttiwwp:

or viedo...

dbestpro
12-17-2010, 02:12 AM
Melo's mental makeup is one of the reasons he will not win a ring. If that had been Manu charging into Melo, Pop and Manu both would have post game talked about what a great play and then Pop would have went off on the Spurs for letting the game get away. It's always about responsibility when it comes to the rings.

spurs10
12-17-2010, 02:24 AM
Melo's mental makeup is one of the reasons he will not win a ring. If that had been Manu charging into Melo, Pop and Manu both would have post game talked about what a great play and then Pop would have went off on the Spurs for letting the game get away. It's always about responsibility when it comes to the rings.
Exactly...:toast

HarlemHeat37
12-17-2010, 02:24 AM
Carmelo is definitely one of the most mentally weak players in the league..

Don't you guys remember when Bruce used to guard him?..Anthony used to always get his points, even against Bowen, but he would always be guaranteed to get at least 1 technical foul or at least a tech foul warning against Bruce, even when BB was past his prime..

Trainwreck2100
12-17-2010, 02:25 AM
Carmello is one of the bigger clutch players in the league.

howbouthemspurs
12-17-2010, 02:30 AM
HE cried like a bitch!

TDMVPDPOY
12-17-2010, 02:51 AM

his game would benefit if he had a big like duncan settin high picks for him

too bad nuggets dont run those type of plays, but rely too m uch on iso and motion

Bukefal
12-17-2010, 04:53 AM

:rollin

SenorSpur
12-17-2010, 05:00 AM
Considering Melo already has one foot out the Mile High City door, I'm surprised he showed any emotion at all.

TE
12-17-2010, 05:00 AM

:lol

duncan228
12-17-2010, 05:03 AM
“It’s a play that I think goes either way a lot,” Karl said. “But it seems like referees like to hit us with the tough call. Melo made a great play. It was close. I’ve seen it called both ways.”

Karl and his coaching staff watched the replay several times in the moments after the game. Anthony, with his right thumb throbbing and his right knee wrapped in ice, had no such interest.

“I don’t want to see it,” he said. “I just don’t want to see it."

http://www.nba.com/nuggets/news/nuggets_spurs_12_17_2010.html

Fabbs
12-17-2010, 10:13 AM
Spurs Homers showing much bias.

I can't stand Marshmellow but he did not excessively bitch about the play nor did he say it was for a fact a bad call. That he didn't want to see the play doesn't make him a bitch either.

Harlem Heat nice photo. :lol

bigfan
12-17-2010, 10:17 AM
He was snivelling wishin his gangsta azz was in NYC.

YoMamaIsCallin
12-17-2010, 10:21 AM
I don't want to see it... (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168472)

When I saw that I thought to myself "What a whiny little pouting kid."

Taco
12-17-2010, 10:25 AM

Queen Latifah has bigger balls then Melo

GSH
12-17-2010, 10:38 AM

Carmello has a basketball version of Munchausen's. He would poison his own team to get a chance to rescue them and be a hero. He plays when he wants to, and fucks off the rest of the time. His clutch statistics don't count all the times things get too far out of hand for a heroic ending. If he had Tim's mental discipline, or Manu's will to win (and not just to make a highlight reel) he would be scary good.

As it is - he's in the locker room with tears in his eyes.

BTW - did anyone see him walking into the tunnel after the game? Reminded me so much of Brian Grant after the Memorial Day Miracle. It almost brought tears to my eyes, too.

nkdlunch
12-17-2010, 11:02 AM
compared to douches like Lebron, Melo is aight in my book.

I dont mind the way he behaves ont he court and he obviously is still giving effort despite the melodrama.

Thompson
12-17-2010, 11:37 AM
I dont mind the way he behaves ont he court and he obviously is still giving effort despite the melodrama.

Was that a pun?

TJastal
12-17-2010, 11:43 AM
Was that a pun?

If it was, it was a damn good one. :lol

nkdlunch
12-17-2010, 11:46 AM
yesir I heard Reggie say it though

cd98
12-17-2010, 12:01 PM
Wasn't he famous for the on court hit and run in NY?

hater
12-17-2010, 12:03 PM
this is knicks fans we are talking about. they will sell their firstborn for a few wins

lefty
12-17-2010, 12:04 PM
I only remember the running part

cd98
12-17-2010, 12:12 PM
I only remember the running part

He punched a Knick player from behind and then when the Knick player went after him, Melo took off running.

He's also the guy that chocked Sasha (not that we all don't want to) in the 4th quarter of a game the Lakers were winning handily. Obviously he didn't have the balls to choke Kobe or any other alpha dogs on that team that would fight back.

I remember him flagrantly fouling Manu at the end of a 4th quarter in the playoffs (after Denver had clearly lost) to send a message for Manu not to go inside the paint. That didn't work very well as the Spurs mowed them over in the playoffs, but it sums up his chicken/prima donna style basketball.

I don't like the guy. He is worse than Lebron.

cheguevara
12-17-2010, 12:16 PM
anybody that chokes Sasha is aight in my book

temujin
12-17-2010, 12:24 PM
Melo is pure class of a player.
He knows the game of basketball.
He only needs to play for a decent organization, a winning coach.

hater
12-17-2010, 12:26 PM
Melo in NY would be a blockbuster money making golden egg making hen for the NBA and NY

shit, I'd watch them maul teams in the regular season, and fail miserably in the playoffs.

GSH
12-17-2010, 12:31 PM
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2225894165

temujin
12-17-2010, 12:42 PM
Poor little knick was slapped by the big bad boy from the pharmacy??

Poor little guy, I am starting to cry for him....

HarlemHeat37
12-17-2010, 01:25 PM
:lol Lebron has never done anything wrong..people hate him because of a decision he made as a FA..

Carmelo has had multiple off-court incidents, he's had the choking incident(as cd98 pointed out), he had the embarrassing incident vs. the Knicks..he demanded a trade and threw the team under the bus, while under contract..

Yet most people hate James instead, it's funny..

Barfunk
12-17-2010, 01:38 PM
blockbuster money making golden egg making hen lol love coming to Spurstalk.com for some liners

Ross Parrot
12-17-2010, 01:42 PM
Does anyone have video? No?

SenorSpur
12-17-2010, 02:11 PM
:lol Lebron has never done anything wrong..people hate him because of a decision he made as a FA..

Yet most people hate James instead, it's funny..

Wrong. People don't hate on LeQuit because he left. They hate on him because of the WAY he left. He could've easily made his decision to leave, notified his employer, and thanked the fans for their support. After all, he was one of their own. The hometown boy who became a star. They also ignored his grotesquely, self-absorbed ego. They looked past the fact that he was a front-running SOB, who ignored the other local sports teams, while conspiciously supporting every other popular sports team outside of Cleveland (Cowboys, Yankees). More importantly, they believed him when he told them numerous times that his biggest desire was "to bring a championship to the city of Cleveland". Those were HIS words.

Instead, he gets on TV for an hour-long, "look-at-me", reality special, as though he's the President of the United States in a mock State of the Union Address. At the same time, he ingraciously craps on the fans and citizens of Cleveland, many of whom loved and supported him throughout the first seven years of his career.

Again, he was totally free to make any decision he wanted. However, spitting on fans of your hometown, on your way out the door was simply classless act, by a major-league douchebag.

Combine that act with the fact that he committed the cardinal sin of quitting on his team in Game 5 of the ECSF versus the Celtics, and it's pretty easy to understand why he's taken such a PR beating around NBA circles - especially in Cleveland.

The funny thing is, after all that, in an act of surprise, he wonders why the world turned on him? Huh? Instead of insulating himself with "yes men", he should clear the room, look himself in the mirror and get a clue.

Darkwaters
12-17-2010, 03:01 PM
anybody that chokes Sasha is aight in my book

oDIWh9CDOJk&playnext=1&list=PLC9D530E56B78DDDC&index=21

Darkwaters
12-17-2010, 03:04 PM

a2hCfhTBi8A

temujin
12-17-2010, 03:16 PM
oDIWh9CDOJk&playnext=1&list=PLC9D530E56B78DDDC&index=21

1000 Anthony

honestfool84
12-17-2010, 03:17 PM
anybody have a video of this?

temujin
12-17-2010, 03:18 PM
a2hCfhTBi8A

I almost killed a fan assalting one of my teammates.

So,

Anthony.

temujin
12-17-2010, 03:25 PM
Is this all you have against one of the best basketball players?
One of the three or four I would actually PAY to watch?

cd98
12-17-2010, 03:26 PM

Better watch him fast. His teams have a tendency to get quick exits from the playoffs courtesy of the San Antonio Spurs.

temujin
12-17-2010, 03:37 PM
Better watch him fast. His teams have a tendency to get quick exits from the playoffs courtesy of the San Antonio Spurs.

Sure, and that's BECAUSE of him.
At any rate, he'll go to NYC, which will then be scheduled to win a championship, at last.
With him shooting more FTs than Wade ever dreamed of.

cd98
12-17-2010, 04:02 PM
Sure, and that's BECAUSE of him.
At any rate, he'll go to NYC, which will then be scheduled to win a championship, at last.
With him shooting more FTs than Wade ever dreamed of.

Well, he wasn't good enough to put his team over the top. I guess, since he is the superstar and the go-to guy on the team, it probably is because of him. He's certainly paid like it.

Who are you going to point the finger at if not him? He's certainly had quality teamates and has one of the best coaches in the NBA.

If he does go to NY, at least he won't have to worry about the Spurs bouncing him in the first round. NY won't have the pieces to win a championship.

GSH
12-17-2010, 05:37 PM

It's no accident that people think he's a thug, Temujin. He cultivates that reputation. He wants it. Some people don't like it, and some people do. You obviously fall into the second category. I don't think many people dispute that he's a huge talent.

My problem with Carmello is the same as with Randy Moss in football. He has all that talent, but he's more concerned with his own reputation than with winning. He takes too many plays off, and too many games off. He hangs his teammates out to dry. And he pouts when he doesn't get his way.

He spent his first several years in the league telling everybody why he was better than LeBron. And he kept trying to prove it by making big plays, rather than making his team win. And, no, those are not the same thing.

If he would ever figure out that his street cred may be important to him, but it doesn't bring shit to his game or his team, he could be one of the best players in the league. As it is, he is just one of the most talented players in the league. If you want to pay to watch street ball, and early playoff exits, fire away. Not my cup of tea.

Obstructed_View
12-17-2010, 05:42 PM
Given the way the game went, it's not surprising that Carmelo expected that call, and that he won't be bogged down by trifles such as replay video to change his opinion.

DieHardSpursFan1537
12-17-2010, 05:51 PM
Melo's a whiny bitch. I could guarantee that he was crying and just used a tissue or something to wipe away the tears at the last second.

DMC
12-17-2010, 06:40 PM
this is knicks fans we are talking about. they will sell their firstborn for a few wins

You could have their first born for free, just visit any free STD clinic or penitentiary.

DMC
12-17-2010, 06:41 PM
He's a hell of a shooter, that's for sure. He's better than Lebron in that regard. I think he's the best scorer in the game, can hit over anyone. If he had some mental toughness and grit, he would be a nightmare for opposing teams.

DMC
12-17-2010, 06:47 PM
He'll be shot outside a nightclub in NYC.

angelbelow
12-17-2010, 09:24 PM
I Lol'd at the thread title.

sammy
12-18-2010, 05:14 AM
Wrong. People don't hate on LeQuit because he left. They hate on him because of the WAY he left. He could've easily made his decision to leave, notified his employer, and thanked the fans for their support. After all, he was one of their own. The hometown boy who became a star. They also ignored his grotesquely, self-absorbed ego. They looked past the fact that he was a front-running SOB, who ignored the other local sports teams, while conspiciously supporting every other popular sports team outside of Cleveland (Cowboys, Yankees). More importantly, they believed him when he told them numerous times that his biggest desire was "to bring a championship to the city of Cleveland". Those were HIS words.

Instead, he gets on TV for an hour-long, "look-at-me", reality special, as though he's the President of the United States in a mock State of the Union Address. At the same time, he ingraciously craps on the fans and citizens of Cleveland, many of whom loved and supported him throughout the first seven years of his career.

Again, he was totally free to make any decision he wanted. However, spitting on fans of your hometown, on your way out the door was simply classless act, by a major-league douchebag.

Combine that act with the fact that he committed the cardinal sin of quitting on his team in Game 5 of the ECSF versus the Celtics, and it's pretty easy to understand why he's taken such a PR beating around NBA circles - especially in Cleveland.

The funny thing is, after all that, in an act of surprise, he wonders why the world turned on him? Huh? Instead of insulating himself with "yes men", he should clear the room, look himself in the mirror and get a clue.

I agree! Also, if he had told Cleveland of his decision, they would had an opportunity to get someone in free agency to replace him, instead he held the team hostage and there was no-one available once Lebroom made his hour long decision on BSPN! So I despise the jerk for doing that to his team and I don't blame Cleveland fans for hating him!

UnWantedTheory
12-18-2010, 05:28 AM
Honestly I might cry to if that happened to me. But it didnt...so :p:

Spurs Brazil
12-18-2010, 06:46 AM
BSCs54qhvgI

temujin
12-19-2010, 12:50 PM
It's no accident that people think he's a thug, Temujin. He cultivates that reputation. He wants it. Some people don't like it, and some people do. You obviously fall into the second category. I don't think many people dispute that he's a huge talent.

My problem with Carmello is the same as with Randy Moss in football. He has all that talent, but he's more concerned with his own reputation than with winning. He takes too many plays off, and too many games off. He hangs his teammates out to dry. And he pouts when he doesn't get his way.

He spent his first several years in the league telling everybody why he was better than LeBron. And he kept trying to prove it by making big plays, rather than making his team win. And, no, those are not the same thing.

If he would ever figure out that his street cred may be important to him, but it doesn't bring shit to his game or his team, he could be one of the best players in the league. As it is, he is just one of the most talented players in the league. If you want to pay to watch street ball, and early playoff exits, fire away. Not my cup of tea.

A thug Anthony?
You have to look no farther than Spurs jersey #14 to find a real one.

DMC
12-19-2010, 01:53 PM
I agree! Also, if he had told Cleveland of his decision, they would had an opportunity to get someone in free agency to replace him, instead he held the team hostage and there was no-one available once Lebroom made his hour long decision on BSPN! So I despise the jerk for doing that to his team and I don't blame Cleveland fans for hating him!
I don't agree. It all comes down to his value to the city, not his ego or anything else. No one would give a shit if he wasn't so good.

If you take a HS grad and make him into a god, don't be so butt hurt when you find out he's just a HS grad.

DMC
12-19-2010, 01:59 PM
A thug Anthony?
You have to look no farther than Spurs jersey #14 to find a real one.
You do realize that corn rolls = thug, right?

There are no thugs in the NBA. No one is robbing people and shooting people (Manu not withstanding).