PDA

View Full Version : Loaded gun slips past TSA screeners

Winehole23
12-17-2010, 01:59 AM
Think enhanced pat-downs and backscatter radiation screening make us safer?

Think again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------b

Gaping Holes in Airline Security: Loaded Gun Slips Past TSA Screeners

Secret Tests At LAX, O'Hare, Newark Show TSA Screeners Missed Guns, Bombs

By MATTHEW MOSK, ANGELA HILL and TIMOTHY FLEMING

Dec. 16, 2010

Last fall, as he had done hundreds of times, Iranian-American businessman Farid Seif passed through security at a Houston airport and boarded an international flight.

He didn't realize he had forgotten to remove the loaded snub nose "baby" Glock pistol from his computer bag. But TSA officers never noticed as his bag glided along the belt and was x-rayed. When he got to his hotel after the three-hour flight, he was shocked to discover the gun traveled unnoticed from Houston.

"It's just impossible to miss it, you know. I mean, this is not a small gun," Seif told ABC News. "How can you miss it? You cannot miss it."
But the TSA did miss it, and despite what most people believe about the painstaking effort to screen airline passengers and their luggage before they enter the terminal, it was not that unusual.

Experts tell ABC News that every year since the September 11 terror attacks, federal agencies have conducted random, covert "red team tests," where undercover agents try to see just how much they can get past security checks at major U.S. airports. And while the Department of Homeland Security closely guards the results as classified, those that have leaked in media reports have been shocking.

According to one report, undercover TSA agents testing security at a Newark airport terminal on one day in 2006 found that TSA screeners failed to detect concealed bombs and guns 20 out of 22 times. A 2007 government audit leaked to USA Today revealed that undercover agents were successful slipping simulated explosives and bomb parts through Los Angeles's LAX airport in 50 out of 70 attempts, and at Chicago's O'Hare airport agents made 75 attempts and succeeded in getting through undetected 45 times.

Read more: http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/loaded-gun-slips-past-tsa-screeners/story?id=12412458&tqkw=&tqshow=WN&tqkw=&tqshow=WN

MannyIsGod
12-17-2010, 02:02 AM
Dog and pony show.

boutons_deux
12-17-2010, 02:06 AM
TSA, just another huge taxpayer-$Bs-sucking fraud.

One of Great Legacies created by the Repugs.

Stringer_Bell
12-17-2010, 09:34 AM
TSA, just another huge taxpayer-$Bs-sucking fraud.

One of Great Legacies created by the Repugs.

Actually, no. Obama is soft on terror, we've known this since the campaign. He's not letting the TSA do their job and/or not training them correctly. The GOP left us with a good safety record, no major attacks after 9/11.

boutons_deux
12-17-2010, 09:41 AM
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

SB, you're on a roll this morning!!

no attacks ......... after 9/11.

CosmicCowboy
12-17-2010, 10:34 AM
Did y'all hear about that stow away kid last week that fell to his death when the airliner lowered it's landing gear and he fell out?

Uhhhh EXCUSE me...

What the fuck was he doing messing around the outside of the plane at all? He could have just as easily planted a bomb while TSA was jerking off inside patting down passengers...

Das Texan
12-17-2010, 10:37 AM
TSA may be the most useless government program there is.

jack sommerset
12-17-2010, 12:17 PM
While in college I worked part-time at the college station airport (american eagle)for about 18 months. Back then someone could easily sneak on a weapon at one of those smaller airports. I'm not sure how much has changed but airplanes are left overnight, unattended and unlocked. Someone can go on the plane in the middle of the night and stash the weapons. They have a security staging area for passnegers. That place is empty until 15-20 minutes before take off then they herd them is very fast through the scanners and what nots. One could easily go in the staging area and hide the weapon. Each airline had only 4-6 employees working the flight leaving security area unattended for people to raom. Once the weapon gets on the airline the passenger flys to the big hubs. Unless something has changed there, you are in, past security connecting to your next flight on a much bigger airplane.

CosmicCowboy
12-17-2010, 12:25 PM
Its all bullshit anyway.

The cockpits are locked now and the pilots have guns.

Nobody is hijacking a fucking plane.

greyforest
12-17-2010, 02:59 PM
seriously can we cut the shit and have some freedom again? fucking police state horseshit

Wild Cobra
12-17-2010, 04:16 PM
seriously can we cut the shit and have some freedom again? fucking police state horseshit
It's just an Obamanation, isn't it?

baseline bum
12-17-2010, 04:19 PM

:lol

It's always revisionist history with your ass.

greyforest
12-17-2010, 04:24 PM

it doesn't seem like the president really matters anymore to be honest

Spurminator
12-17-2010, 04:40 PM

You didn't fly in a plane before two years ago?

Nbadan
12-17-2010, 07:48 PM
You have to be weary of anything that comes from ABC News, now that it has become Faux-light...

ElNono
12-17-2010, 11:12 PM
I flew to Texas today. Surprised that I only had to go through XRays in Newark airport (one of the biggest in the tristate area). It didn't look like they had the scanners installed yet.
Funnily enough, they did have one installed in my destination: tiny McAllen/Miller airport in Texas, lol
So I'll probably have my first scan in a couple of weeks.

Winehole23
12-18-2010, 04:01 AM
it doesn't seem like the president really matters anymore to be honestI hate to say this is right, but it could be right. Looking at everything since Reagan, the debt/deficit pattern is indisputable.

Thing is, the country will turn against the man or woman who turns it the other way around, raising taxes and cutting services, and vote for the people who let us continue to borrow and spend. The popularity of extending tax cuts without offsets discloses the heart of the country.

No matter. Austerity will eventually overrun it.

MannyIsGod
12-18-2010, 12:15 PM
I flew to Texas today. Surprised that I only had to go through XRays in Newark airport (one of the biggest in the tristate area). It didn't look like they had the scanners installed yet.
Funnily enough, they did have one installed in my destination: tiny McAllen/Miller airport in Texas, lol
So I'll probably have my first scan in a couple of weeks.

You're not going to opt for the feel up?

boutons_deux
12-18-2010, 12:33 PM
"doesn't seem like the president really matters anymore"

Citizens (voting) don't matter anymore. The disenfranchisement is total

The scanners were installed with stimulus money after Congress denied the funds.

Chertoff and his team lobbyists carried the day with their buddies/whores in DHS/TSA who will land well-paying jobs after leaving TSA.

Wild Cobra
12-18-2010, 01:13 PM
You didn't fly in a plane before two years ago?
I have flown in planes repeatedly before 9/11. After 9/11, not so many times. Last time I flew was November last year, I think.

ElNono
12-18-2010, 01:32 PM
You're not going to opt for the feel up?

Fuck no. What's the point?