PDA

View Full Version : Gerald Wallace Anyone?

EmantheSpursFan
12-17-2010, 02:18 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5928487

ATLANTA -- The Charlotte Bobcats have apparently seen enough.

With the team mired in a disappointing 9-16 season -- which includes two losses by 30 points or more in the past six days -- management has begun to gauge the trade value of a number of its players, including Stephen Jackson and Gerald Wallace, two NBA sources confirmed to the Charlotte Observer Thursday.

Jackson

Wallace
Coach Larry Brown, following his team's 33-point loss to the Memphis Grizzlies Wednesday, called his players out for an apparent lack of effort.

"I had to get on them at halftime, beg them to play. That's not what I'm supposed to be doing,'' Brown told the Charlotte Observer. "No effort, no teamwork, guys don't run back. They blame it on the referees.''

As a result, Bobcats management is assessing its trade options. The two sources -- both executives with other NBA teams -- spoke on condition of anonymity to the newspaper because of the sensitivity of the subject.

"It would not surprise me at all'' if the Bobcats move one of their top players, one source told the Observer. "I will say I think they're asking for a lot.''

Bobcats general manager Rod Higgins did not immediately return a phone message left by the Observer early Thursday evening.

Trades have been common for the Bobcats since Brown was hired as coach in April 2008. Since then, the Bobcats have made nine trades involving 27 players. The only players who pre-date Brown's arrival are Wallace and center Nazr Mohammed.

HarlemHeat37
12-17-2010, 02:37 AM
He's underrated and all, but he's a tough piece to implement on an established team..he's a very good defender, so that wouldn't be a concern for any team, but he needs the ball to be effective, and he can't shoot at all..his main offensive asset is that he gets to the line at a very high amount, mostly from flopping, but it's consistent and effective..

If Carmelo signed with Charlotte, it wouldn't be too bad of an acquisition for Denver, but Anthony obviously won't go there..

The Mavs?..it wouldn't be that bad..he's definitely better than Iggy IMO..it's a risky move, since he can't shoot from outside, but they could do worse..

Maybe Houston and Orlando..New Orleans could do it, he would fit into their pace, they need another player that can score, since they only have 2 reliable options..

As for Jackson, I wouldn't touch him, he's done..

LnGrrrR
12-17-2010, 02:58 AM
Brown should release him outright so Celts can sign him for the league minimum. :lol

IronMexican
12-17-2010, 03:02 AM
I heard Joe Smith and Luke for Jackson and Wallace is a done deal.

sribb43
12-17-2010, 12:21 PM
No thanks....Crash's career will be over soon

Cry Havoc
12-17-2010, 12:27 PM
I heard Joe Smith and Luke for Jackson and Wallace is a done deal.

Source?

VBM
12-17-2010, 12:41 PM
Source?

:lol

kamikazi_player
12-17-2010, 12:57 PM
:lol

Who's that asian chick in your sig? And can she turn around?

JamStone
12-17-2010, 01:02 PM
I used to really like Gerald's game, but he hasn't substantially improved his game in any area. Not a horrible shooter, but not good enough to be a consistent scoring threat from the perimeter. And he doesn't excel at anything else on offense. Athleticism and defensive and energy and hustle can be there if he's sufficiently motivated. Seems like he might not be these days. I think if a team wants him to be a difference maker on both ends, he'd need to go to a team that runs and gets in the open court and/or has a good point guard.

One team that might be interesting is Orlando. If the Magic trade Vince Carter, Wallace could go in there and make an impact at both ends. His shooting won't be as big of a problem even though the Magic shoot a lot of three because they have so many shooters already. Wallace could make a living on the offensive glass. Not sure the Magic would do it. Just throwing that idea out there.

Venti Quattro
12-17-2010, 01:06 PM
One problem: No one is going to touch Vince Carter's contract.

HarlemHeat37
12-17-2010, 01:14 PM
Vince's contract is expiring..he's one of the few tradable assets Orlando can work with..

JamStone
12-17-2010, 01:14 PM
Vince Carter's salary next season is a team option. He's basically an expiring contract. And if there's one place that would take on VC's contract, it would be Charlotte where he's a college icon and with those Tarheel slappies Jordan and Larry Brown. They'd have to add another contract like Nazr Mohammed, but it's not a stretch to think Charlotte would do it.

Muser
12-17-2010, 03:32 PM
If RJ was still sucking i'd love Wallace on the Spurs. Thankfully he's not.