PDA

View Full Version : gotta love them refs!

koriwhat
12-17-2010, 02:28 AM
you just gotta appreciate their hard effort in trying to royally screw the spurs night in and night out... ridiculous!

how the fuck did they not see jr smith push ginobili in the back that led to melo getting that easy dunk? that's just one of many whistles swallowed over the yrs.

still coming out on top even after playing a 5-on-8 game.

:lobt2:

braeden0613
12-17-2010, 02:29 AM
Uhhhh....

Nathan89
12-17-2010, 02:30 AM
TNT crew gave them props after the game. Stern just trying to spread the propaganda.

TampaDude
12-17-2010, 02:31 AM
:lol

honestfool84
12-17-2010, 02:35 AM
seriously?

the ingratitude fans show after a WIN... it's like the Spurs should have -NEGATIVE losses for fans to be happy here.

timvp
12-17-2010, 02:36 AM
Gotta love Spurs fans.

mardigan
12-17-2010, 02:38 AM
They got the biggest play of the game right. All that matters you little scamp.

UnWantedTheory
12-17-2010, 02:42 AM
Gotta love Spurs fans.

koriwhat
12-17-2010, 02:43 AM
hey, i'm not saying it wasn't a great win or that i'm not ecstatic by the W but the fact remains the same; the refs are fuckin' horrible! thank god the refs decided to do the job they're paid for and made the right call at the end of the game or else you all would be making a thread similar to mine but with more cuss words and whatnot.

HarlemHeat37
12-17-2010, 02:43 AM
:lol Calf tats..

koriwhat
12-17-2010, 02:45 AM
They got the biggest play of the game right. All that matters you little scamp.

fine then... put us in a hole every time and hope manu keeps ballin' his ass off because, well, at least the refs got the last call that matters. let's hope manu can pull this off for the next 60+ games and playoffs too. yeah, good logic right there!

DesignatedT
12-17-2010, 02:46 AM
George Hill foul and Mcdyess foul were both bad calls.

mardigan
12-17-2010, 02:49 AM
fine then... put us in a hole every time and hope manu keeps ballin' his ass off because, well, at least the refs got the last call that matters. let's hope manu can pull this off for the next 60+ games and playoffs too. yeah, good logic right there!

Calm down tiny tim, just appreciate the win.

Cane
12-17-2010, 02:52 AM
IIRC Dick Bavetta was not one of the two refs that called the charge by Melo...so Haywoode Workman and Rodney Mottare are the refs that deserve the real credit in the end for calling the right call :hat. I think Dick was even behind the circle and the closest official to the action; that dude's just too old school to blow the whistle. I do agree that the Nuggets had the home court advantage when it came to the refs particularly a stretch in the 4th but in the end it was all good.

Doesn't make up for that damn no call on Brent Barry's buzzer beater 3-pointer against the Lakers in the playoffs from years ago though but a W is a W :downspin:

Arc
12-17-2010, 02:54 AM
it was a poorly ref'd game. it was called too tight, and they weren't letting the spurs play defense. but there's not much you can do about that.

they made the right call in the end. we win... and i love it because i thought we were gonna lose.

Hooks
12-17-2010, 02:59 AM
George Hill foul and Mcdyess foul were both bad calls.

I'm pretty sure the Hill foul was legit, Smith did flop though. (Is that the one you're talking about?)

The Dice one pissed me off though, Harrington was holding onto Dice's arm, it almost looked like he was trying to drag him down, dude wasn't even going for the rebound.

It seemed like whenever Melo drove it in he drew a foul with like almost no contact. Can't forget about that blatant off arm by Nene when he drove it in on Duncan, or when one of the Nuggets players batted the ball out of bounds right in front of the ref. and they retained possession of the ball.

Those calls had me fuming lol, I was truly surprised that they called a foul on Melo, I thought it was gonna be on Manu for sure.

G-Dawgg
12-17-2010, 03:11 AM
It figures..one of the refs -Haywood Workman used to play in the NBA. He was a shitty pointguard on the Indiana Pacers when Reggie Miller was still there... I remember laughing at how bad he used to play, now I can laugh at how bad he refs.:lol

Capt Bringdown
12-17-2010, 03:15 AM
I'm still shocked the refs called the charge on Melo. That's a typical NBA no-call. Hat's off to 'em for making the right call. Strange game.

TDMVPDPOY
12-17-2010, 03:17 AM
well it was the denver team to lose this game after havin leads and spurs look disinterested in the first half

TJastal
12-17-2010, 03:19 AM
I'm still shocked the refs called the charge on Melo. That's a typical NBA no-call. Hat's off to 'em for making the right call. Strange game.

Not really. When its that obvious the refs have little choice but to make the right call. They know if they blow a call like that they would seriously tarnish their reputation, which is already in question. If however Ginobili had not been parked in front of the circle overnight, and say, just barely to his spot when contact occurs, then they would have swallowed.

GoSpurs99
12-17-2010, 03:25 AM
Not really. When its that obvious the refs have little choice but to make the right call. They know if they blow a call like that they would seriously tarnish their reputation, which is already in question. If however Ginobili had not been parked in front of the circle overnight, and say, just barely to his spot when contact occurs, then they would have swallowed.

Exactly, that was an EASY call. Manu was in front of the circle, set both feet and took the hard charge in the chest. Too easy, too easy.

Manu is da man!!!! :king

E-RockWill
12-17-2010, 03:30 AM
Spurs beat one of the best home-teams in the league. Good "W"....

TE
12-17-2010, 04:45 AM
Best road win of the year, tbh.

Capt Bringdown
12-17-2010, 05:15 AM
Not really. When its that obvious the refs have little choice but to make the right call.
I guess you weren't yet a Spurs fan when Fisher, caught, wheeled, jumped and shot the ball in a physically impossible .4 seconds?

Refs blow obvious calls all the time. And, in the NBA, it's common to see the refs eat their whistles at the end of the game. As Barkley pointed out in the post game, refs don't want to be seen as deciding the fate of the game. That's why this call tonight was so remarkable.

TJastal
12-17-2010, 05:16 AM
lol @ Fisher's circus shot being an "obvious call"

C'mon man you can do better than this can't ya?

Capt Bringdown
12-17-2010, 05:22 AM
lol @ Fisher's circus shot being an "obvious call"

C'mon man you can do better than this can't ya?

Your assertion that refs don't blow obvious calls is absurd.

koriwhat
12-17-2010, 05:30 AM

bzYup6FifRc

TJastal
12-17-2010, 05:45 AM

During the course of a game, sure they will blow obvious calls once in awhile. Sometimes purposely, sometimes not.

However on a last second game changing obvious call with major implications where they will be under scrutiny for weeks if they blow the call, I think they have a sudden flash of brilliance in these situations. :lol :toast

Capt Bringdown
12-17-2010, 08:38 AM
Karl: "Good play (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=ArTxGtrZoIkePnXtCIYd_9O8vLYF?gid=201012 1607). Good basketball. Melo made a great play. It’s close. I’ve seen it called both ways.”

But at the buzzer?

Told that TV analyst Scott Hastings said he hadn’t seen that in his nearly three decades watching NBA basketball, (George) Karl said, “I’d probably agree with Scott.”

I agree with Karl. I've seen it called both ways.
Unfortunately. It was an obvious charge.

Obstructed_View
12-17-2010, 04:02 PM
I guess you weren't yet a Spurs fan when Fisher, caught, wheeled, jumped and shot the ball in a physically impossible .4 seconds?

Refs blow obvious calls all the time. And, in the NBA, it's common to see the refs eat their whistles at the end of the game. As Barkley pointed out in the post game, refs don't want to be seen as deciding the fate of the game. That's why this call tonight was so remarkable.

Fail. Debunked by me years ago.

I do, however, agree with the rest of your post. I'm surprised a)they made the call at all, and b) they finally made a call for the Spurs. I think that's the only call of that game on a charge/block that went the Spurs' way.

TJastal
12-17-2010, 04:07 PM
Fail. Debunked by me years ago.

I do, however, agree with the rest of your post. I'm surprised a)they made the call at all, and b) they finally made a call for the Spurs. I think that's the only call of that game on a charge/block that went the Spurs' way.

:worthy:

GSH
12-17-2010, 05:20 PM
When Stu Jackson was in charge of the officials, he biased the calls with his directives. Period, end of story, don't ever let anyone tell you any different. Whe he wanted them to "crack down" on a certain type of move, he would show them multiple video clips - all of the same player.

For instance, he would tell them that for the rest of the season, they need to crack down on 3-second violations. Then he would show them eight video clips in a row, all of Tim Duncan. The message was inescapable. It wasn't just Tim, or the Spurs. But from what I understood, Tim and Bruce got more than their share of attention.

Imagine if you were told to crack down on travelling violations, and then were shown a bunch of clips of Steve Nash rolling his hand under-to-over while dribbling. Do you think you would wind up calling Nash for a couple of travels in the next game? Of course. It created a bias that hurt certain teams.

I feel certain that Bruce was target by some of those "education" sessions after Steve Kerr and a few others started their campaign against him. I also think that, purely from a business perspective, the league recognized that the Spurs' brand of defense didn't sell tickets, and they tailored the rules and officiating around the league to discourage it.

That being said, I don't believe that there has ever been any sort of league wide conspiracy to derail the Spurs. Individual refs may get a hard-on for a particular player or coach for a while. A few of them have pet calls that happen to affect some teams more than others. All of them favor the more famous players over the journeymen. And Stu Jackson was an idiot for the way he handled things. But... the truly bad calls are spread around pretty evenly between teams. Maybe not on any single night. But over a season, everybody gets their share of bad calls.

If you start believing that there is a conspiracy to hurt just your team, it will make you all crazy-like.

greyforest
12-17-2010, 05:24 PM
The officiating definitely favored Denver until the last call.