PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo Anthony/Manu Ginobili Post-Game Interview (Audio)

jestersmash
12-17-2010, 05:57 AM
http://altitudesports.typepad.com/files/nuggs-spurs-postgame.mp3

I know I can't be the only one itching for post-game interviews after such a win.

You're welcome for finding this gem amongst a sea of the usual ho-hum written post game coverage.

Melo's interview begins approximately 1/3 into the file. You could hear his voice shaking slightly and him sniffling away some tears a couple of times. In his defense, he ended up giving the Spurs props. He gave Ginobili props for hitting clutch shots and he wasn't really complaining about the charge call in the end by the end of the interview.

Ginobili's interview is somewhere after. I wish I could give you exact times but the embedded quicktime player within my browser isn't providing timestamps.

Enjoy.

TJastal
12-17-2010, 05:59 AM
Like he flippin' cares if the nuggets win or not. He's just mad he got pawned by a white guy.

jestersmash
12-17-2010, 06:06 AM
Bonus interview from George Karl (near the end - about 3/4 of the way into the file). He's actually whining about Nene not getting calls. He calls him a guy near all star level who doesn't get respect from the refs, and follows more generally with the following - "We don't get the whistles sometimes that we earn by how hard we play."

Surprising to hear George Karl harp on and whine about refereeing so much.

admiralsnackbar
12-17-2010, 06:11 AM
Surprising to hear George Karl harp on and whine about refereeing so much.

Is it? That's been his PO press conference MO since he took over the Nuggets. He's been a bigger bitch about calls than JVG, which takes effort, discipline, and throbbing asshurt.

jestersmash
12-17-2010, 06:28 AM
Is it? That's been his PO press conference MO since he took over the Nuggets. He's been a bigger bitch about calls than JVG, which takes effort, discipline, and throbbing asshurt.

I haven't paid much attention to his post-game interviews in the past, to be honest.

Just tactless to whine about calls when your team already leads the league in free throw attempts per game.

admiralsnackbar
12-17-2010, 06:34 AM
I haven't paid much attention to his post-game interviews in the past, to be honest.

Just tactless to whine about calls when your team already leads the league in free throw attempts per game.

You should google postgame interviews from our series (how does one pluralize that word?) against them in the mid-2000's. Time and again, Karl demonstrates his ultimate weakness as a coach, which is an inability to accept responsibility.

jestersmash
12-17-2010, 03:43 PM
In other news, Ginobili mentioned how he felt totally drained throughout the Nuggets game. He got his second wind in the 4th quarter for that final push, but he clearly didn't have his legs for the 1st three.