PDA

View Full Version : Fox broadcast testing in-game music...

SAtown
12-17-2010, 11:37 AM
They tried this last week, and apparently doing it again this coming weekend.

49ers Vs. Seahawks: Fox Broadcast Testing In-Game Music With Annoying Results

Fox is broadcasting Sunday's Seattle Seahawks game against the San Francisco 49ers and is taking it as an opportunity to test out some ridiculous in-game music. Perhaps as punishment for the putrid football that resides in the NFC West, Fox has spent the day torturing fans watching the broadcast, both with the announcers and the accompanying music.

It's bad enough we have Brian Billick calling the game for what seems like the millionth time this season. Not only does he stumble over words, but he generally has no idea what's going on. In an effort to spice things up, Fox, home of the dancing robot, added a drama-themed soundtrack fit for a James Cameron movie.

Replays? Thumping drums and percussion. Teams walking up to the line for the next play? Dramatic music. A poor mistake, dropped pass or stupid penalty? Benny Hill music. OK, I made that last one up, but the rest are true.

Not only is it decreasing the value of the broadcast; it's making many consider muting the game. Please, Fox, we're begging you. Kill the music and, if possible, send Billick out with it.

http://seattle.sbnation.com/seattle-seahawks/2010/12/12/1871908/49ers-vs-seahawks-fox-music-brian-billick

Did anyone catch that game last week? Is the idea as terrible as it sounds? ESPN is now saying that FOX is thinking about doing this during the Super Bowl.

monosylab1k
12-17-2010, 11:47 AM
that sounds so retarded.

SAtown
12-17-2010, 12:05 PM
JQu0ynlNtbg

LOL @ 1:13

romad_20
12-17-2010, 12:13 PM
Just when you think Fox's football coverage couldn't get any worse, they go out and totally fuck it up more. They've made watching the BCS bowls unbearable these last 5 years or however long.

Thank god there is NFL Redzone.

crc21209
12-17-2010, 12:53 PM
:lol Wow that's horrible...

Glenn Holland
12-17-2010, 01:19 PM
get ready for the NFL lockout faggots

Spurminator
12-19-2010, 02:49 PM
I saw some of it... I kept thinking Production was fucking up and playing the commercial cues at the wrong time.