PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Martin for Brendon Haywood

GuerillaBlack
12-17-2010, 01:40 PM
http://mavericks.scout.com/2/1032030.html

LOL, if Dallas wants this trade, they better be throwing in Roddy B, or something.

monosylab1k
12-17-2010, 01:41 PM
Pass. We're actually playing good defense for once, no need to fuck that up.

#41 Shoot Em Up
12-17-2010, 01:42 PM
GTFO. You have two legit 7 footers and you wanna trade one for a no defense, injury prone jumpshooter?????? Pass

Hooks
12-17-2010, 01:46 PM
I'm pretty sure this would be a bad move from the Mavs, I haven't seen them play all season long so Idk how well Haywood is playing but I do know Martin plays absolutely 0 defense and needs like 18 shots per game to be effective which would take shots away from Dirk...

sribb43
12-17-2010, 01:47 PM
I don't want KMart's empty stats but getting rid of Haywood is very enticing

sefant77
12-17-2010, 01:47 PM
Learn first how to write the name..

Greg Oden
12-17-2010, 01:48 PM
kevin martin sucks

#41 Shoot Em Up
12-17-2010, 01:50 PM
kevin martin sucks

:lol

monosylab1k
12-17-2010, 01:51 PM
I don't want KMart's empty stats but getting rid of Haywood is very enticing

He's playing like shit right now, but considering how injury prone Chandler is, they better hang onto him until they find a proper backup C. Or if Mahinmi proves he's capable of being a proper backup.

sribb43
12-17-2010, 02:02 PM
He's playing like shit right now, but considering how injury prone Chandler is, they better hang onto him until they find a proper backup C. Or if Mahinmi proves he's capable of being a proper backup.

Agreed u can't move him unless u got a solid backup . Just pisses me off how shitty he is playing. If he played 80% of what he did last season, this team would be even scarier

JamStone
12-17-2010, 02:04 PM
Kevin Martin for LeBron James and Chris Bosh tbh.

In Morey they trust!!

GuerillaBlack
12-17-2010, 02:06 PM
Learn first how to write the name..

And then what?

Leetonidas
12-17-2010, 02:11 PM
What happened to Brendan Haywood? I haven't even seen the Spurs-Mavs game from a few weeks back, let alone any other Mav games. I assume he's just Jerome Jamesing out there?

monosylab1k
12-17-2010, 02:17 PM
What happened to Brendan Haywood? I haven't even seen the Spurs-Mavs game from a few weeks back, let alone any other Mav games. I assume he's just Jerome Jamesing out there?

he's being a little crybaby about not being a starter. he's has some bad games, but overall for a backup C, even as he is, he isn't horrible.

If he gets traded to another team where he's the starter, he'll probably go back to averaging 9/8 or something halfway decent.

sefant77
12-17-2010, 02:21 PM
And then what?

well, then the title is right but you are still an idiot

MaNu4Tres
12-17-2010, 02:22 PM
Rockets would be beyond stupid if they traded Martin for Haywood.

Haywood perhaps has the worst value out of all the centers in the league due to his below average play and horribly overpriced salary. ( What was Cuban thinking? You would think he learned from the Dampier situation.)

monosylab1k
12-17-2010, 02:22 PM
And then what?

grab another box of tissues cuz DFW is getting like 3 In-N-Outs now.

Double-Up
12-17-2010, 02:26 PM
Rockets would be beyond stupid if they traded Martin for Haywood.

Haywood perhaps has the worst value out of all the centers in the league due to his below average play and horribly overpriced salary. ( What was Cuban thinking? You would think he learned from the Dampier situation.)

GuerillaBlack
12-17-2010, 02:26 PM
well, then the title is right but you are still an idiot

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/73/He_Mad.jpg

Mad cuz I spelled your boyfriend's name wrong? Faggot.

grab another box of tissues cuz DFW is getting like 3 In-N-Outs now.

I actually can't wait. I live in the Dee Eff Dub son.

djohn2oo8
12-17-2010, 02:32 PM
I'm guessing the writer assumes there will be a firesale, which there isn't. Wishful thinking

mindcrime
12-17-2010, 03:09 PM
kevin martin sucks

:tu

That he does. I was giddy when the Kings traded Martin.

Phillip
12-17-2010, 03:52 PM
I say go for it. K-Mart can score in a lot of different ways, and is deadly from 3, and the Mavs could really use a dead-eye 3pt shooter to provide spacing for Dirk. And he's only 27, so at least he will last a bit.

Plus I like Mahinimi better than Haywood, from an energy and effort stand point. As well as youth and money.

If Mavs want this, they need to do it NOW though, so that they have plenty of time to get Martin integrated into their system.

jag
12-17-2010, 03:58 PM
he's being a little crybaby about not being a starter. he's has some bad games, but overall for a backup C, even as he is, he isn't horrible.If he gets traded to another team where he's the starter, he'll probably go back to averaging 9/8 or something halfway decent.

The Mavs should hold on to Haywood. Like you said, as a backup he isn't bad. And if you really take a look at the center position in the WC, he could easily be starting for a decent team.

jag
12-17-2010, 03:59 PM
Plus I like Mahinimi better than Haywood, from an energy and effort stand point. As well as youth and money.

How about from a basketball player stand point?

kamikazi_player
12-17-2010, 04:00 PM
I say go for it. K-Mart can score in a lot of different ways, and is deadly from 3, and the Mavs could really use a dead-eye 3pt shooter to provide spacing for Dirk. And he's only 27, so at least he will last a bit.

If Mavs want this, they need to do it NOW though, so that they have plenty of time to get Martin integrated into their system.

Somewhat I agree with this, K-Mart can drive it to the basket and draw fouls, which is something the Mavs really need.

I think him being known as injury prone is a bit far off. He just had bad luck more than anything.

The only question I have is if he handle playing zone well. Everyone knows his liability is on D, but can he at least put an effort if they were playing zone.

JamStone
12-17-2010, 04:14 PM
Even if Mahinmi has shown some positive things, I don't think the Mavs should deal Haywood. His and Chandler's value as a center combo was specifically intended to counter the front courts of the Lakers, Celtics, and possibly a team like the Magic. That's where that depth of size at the center position will be most valuable. Martin might be an upgrade offensively at the 2-guard position. But worth trading away the depth at center? Whether or not any of you believe the Mavs can be a legitimate threat to win the West and compete for a title, there's no doubt that that's why Cuban stockpiled big centers on the roster, to do just that. I think they'd have to be blown away with a trade or player for them to give that center depth up. Don't see Kevin Martin as that type of player. Carmelo, even as a rental, maybe. Not Kevin Martin.

Lukor
12-17-2010, 04:20 PM
Kevin Martin is terribly overrated. He can score but gives up just as many points due to his inability to guard anyone. And i mean anyone.

Phillip
12-17-2010, 05:36 PM
A lot of different ways :lol, hes an injury prone jump shooter. On top of that he plays no defense.

getting to the line nearly 9 times a game = only shoots jumpers. got it. :tu

djohn2oo8
12-17-2010, 05:39 PM
Only thing is if Dirk needs someone else to step up in crunch time, Kevin is not that guy

Phillip
12-17-2010, 05:39 PM
How about from a basketball player stand point?

We haven't seen enough of him is what hurts him there, lol. But he is productive every time he is out there. I would like to see him more.

Phillip
12-17-2010, 05:40 PM
Even if Mahinmi has shown some positive things, I don't think the Mavs should deal Haywood. His and Chandler's value as a center combo was specifically intended to counter the front courts of the Lakers, Celtics, and possibly a team like the Magic. That's where that depth of size at the center position will be most valuable. Martin might be an upgrade offensively at the 2-guard position. But worth trading away the depth at center? Whether or not any of you believe the Mavs can be a legitimate threat to win the West and compete for a title, there's no doubt that that's why Cuban stockpiled big centers on the roster, to do just that. I think they'd have to be blown away with a trade or player for them to give that center depth up. Don't see Kevin Martin as that type of player. Carmelo, even as a rental, maybe. Not Kevin Martin.

I gotta say, I can agree with this as well.

To me, if the trade goes down, cool. If it doesn't, cool.

mavsfan1000
12-17-2010, 08:20 PM
I'll take Kevin Martin over Barea. And Whorehood has been absolute crap. We got Chandler. We need more offense to start the game imo.

kamikazi_player
12-17-2010, 09:07 PM
Damn, K-Mart with 20 points already in the 1st quarter, scoring more points than the Griz

KapitanTutan
12-17-2010, 09:12 PM
I'll take Kevin Martin over Barea.

hell i'll take martin over barea plus his mom.

frodo
12-17-2010, 09:28 PM
i see a possible trade with Rockets but not for Kevin Martin. skeleton can be offensively efficient at times but he will be a defensive liability all the time, even worse than JET and JJB at defensive end maybe.

my proposal will be Haywood + fillers for Shite + Courtney Lee. Lee has been grappling with lack of PT but still gives consistent outputs in limited PT, and its no secret that dudes been wanting a more regular role. plus Lee plays decent D which would be extremely valuable for mavs.