PDA

View Full Version : The successful/rich people of New Orleans will save the Hornets from leaving...

fevertrees
12-17-2010, 02:13 PM
No surprise the "Katrina mentality rats"(GIVE ME GIVE ME GIVE ME FEMA) of New Orleans only want to go to the games if the tickets are free. :lol Props to the people that don't live off the government handouts for throwing in their hard earned $$$s to save this team from leaving. :toast

A group of New Orleans-area business leaders announced the formation of the Hornets Business Council at a press conference at the New Orleans Arena on Thursday afternoon.
The group said it is financially committed to keep the Hornets in New Orleans and has raised nearly $200,000 in the past two days to purchase tickets to home games.
The Hornets have to average at least 14,735 fans by Jan. 31, 2011, or they can opt out of their lease agreement with the state. To reach the benchmark, an average of 14,970 fans have to attend the next 11 games.

BRHornet45
12-17-2010, 02:18 PM
Excellent post and 100% truth.

Darthkiller
12-17-2010, 02:20 PM
so are they goning to purchase free tickets for fans for the next 5 years? because otherwise the arena is always going to be empty

fevertrees
12-17-2010, 02:21 PM
This is an example of what a successful person out of the N.O. looks like....$400 million net worth dont lie bitch!

DALvNCbgcKg

BRHornet45
12-17-2010, 02:23 PM
Son don't forget about Al Copeland (Popeyes God) ... if only he were still alive he would probably buy the team. He always had courtside season tickets. R.I.P.

Trainwreck2100
12-17-2010, 02:25 PM
Son don't forget about Al Copeland (Popeyes God) ... if only he were still alive he would probably buy the team. He always had courtside season tickets. R.I.P.

let me guess...........heart attack?

JamStone
12-17-2010, 02:26 PM
http://www.nndb.com/people/448/000055283/masterp-sm.jpg

fevertrees
12-17-2010, 02:30 PM
The first true King of New Orleans....no one in the country had better XMAS lights decorations than what he put out. RIP indeed

http://media.nola.com/news_impact/photo/al-copeland-holiday-display-metairiejpg-ef4543fe929360a7.jpg

fevertrees
12-17-2010, 02:31 PM
let me guess...........heart attack?

cancer =(

http://media.nola.com/politics/photo/al-copeland-christmasjpg-54405e3aef7519ab_large.jpg

balli
12-17-2010, 02:31 PM
Props to the people that don't live off the government handouts for throwing in their hard earned $$$s to save this team from leaving.
You mean the same people who largely lost everything they owned or loved due to wanton government negligence? Those people?

Republican piece of shit. I hope the team ends up in Seattle.

fevertrees
12-17-2010, 02:36 PM
You mean the same people who largely lost everything they owned or loved due to wanton government negligence? Those people?

It's the government's fault that a hurricane happened! It's a shame we didn't ship out the rats to Utah to spice up that area of the country!

kamikazi_player
12-17-2010, 02:43 PM

Even though I agree with your assessment, I think we should try to keep politics away from here. It gets kinda annoying when there's a huge debate that never ends.

balli
12-17-2010, 02:45 PM
It's the government's fault that a hurricane happened!
Nope. It's the governments fault that the army core of engineers built a shitty ass levy out of chinese newspapers and toothpicks, knew it, and didn't do anything about fixing it, before it broke and dumped ten feet of saltwater across 80% of the city.

balli
12-17-2010, 02:45 PM
Even though I agree with your assessment, I think we should try to keep politics away from here. It gets kinda annoying when there's a huge debate that never ends.
Then reference the op.

crc21209
12-17-2010, 02:59 PM
It's the government's fault that a hurricane happened! It's a shame we didn't ship out the rats to Utah to spice up that area of the country!

:lol At the government being so powerful they control the weather now!

balli
12-17-2010, 03:13 PM

Again.

It's the governments fault that the army core of engineers built a shitty ass levy out of chinese newspapers and toothpicks, knew it, and didn't do anything about fixing it, before it broke and dumped ten feet of saltwater across 80% of the city.

BRHornet45
12-17-2010, 03:13 PM

LOL COSIGNED .. the bottom line is that people had more than enough time to get out. The problem is the mentality of many people around here. Their sense of entitlement and expectations of the government and others doing things for them is ridiculous. Most places that got hit the hardest were other parishes near N.O. and in Mississippi full of everyday working people. You rarely heard anything about them because they actually got off their ass and did their absolute best to fix the problem. But the only thing the media wants to show and what everyone outside of this area wants to focus on is the morons in New Orleans who most of which to this day are still living off of the government and causing problems in other parts of Louisiana, Texas, etc.

LnGrrrR
12-17-2010, 03:21 PM
Most places that got hit the hardest were other parishes near N.O. and in Mississippi full of everyday working people.

Had a friend from Chalmette who lost everything. Heck, even in Biloxi/Gulfport we got no love from the media, even though we got stomped by Katrina too.

BRHornet45
12-17-2010, 04:39 PM
The government also knocked the towers down too. They knew it was going to happen!

LnGrrrR
12-17-2010, 07:25 PM
it's funny that balli explains exactly what he means but people have no way to respond to it so they just make a sarcastic "the government controls the weather :lol" comment disregarding what he said. Katrina barely touched New Orleans, the damage was done by a punctured levy.

Yup yup. Residents should have escaped, but I'm sure many of them were afraid of looters. (For good reason.)

Lots of blame to go around. The government may not have caused the storm, but their response sure was shitty.

Pelicans78
12-17-2010, 10:49 PM
Balli is right about the levees being shitty. They were built shitty and alot of people died because of it.

Most of the people in NOLA now live in Baton Rouge. It's an hour drive to NOLA. Hell most of the people who go to Saints games live outside of NOLA.

Pelicans78
12-17-2010, 10:50 PM
Even without the levees, Katrina hit NOLA pretty hard. Category 3 winds is very strong. Not category 4 like in Mississippi where our house was, but still strong enough to cause alot of damage even without the broken levees.

Pelicans78
12-17-2010, 10:57 PM
This is such a bullshit thread.

JayTheClown
12-17-2010, 11:04 PM
The government also knocked the towers down too. They knew it was going to happen!

Oh wow, here we go :wakeup

RoddyBukkake
12-17-2010, 11:06 PM
LOL @ living 10 feet below sea level and trying to ride out a cat 5 hurricane, remember how everyone stuck afterward at the superdome was black?:lol

BRHornet45
12-18-2010, 01:24 AM
LOL @ living 10 feet below sea level and trying to ride out a cat 5 hurricane, remember how everyone stuck afterward at the superdome was black?:lol

son this message right here completely and perfectly sums it up ...

AuwlqeNRElI

jag
12-18-2010, 01:42 AM
After reading this thread I've decided that BR and JDM are right. And Balli probably needs psychiatric help.

God Bless

fevertrees
12-18-2010, 04:58 PM
"You NEED the Lord......and you need ME!"