PDA

View Full Version : NEW NBA Draft

waly.mg
05-27-2005, 11:02 AM
Everybody say that Steve Nash is the MVP But, but if all the equipment disappears and it makes a dispersal Draft with all the players
To whom you would be choosing?
Only the Top 10

For me:

1-Tim Duncan
2- Shaq
3- KG
4- Kobe Bryant
5- Allen Iverson
6- Steve Nash
7- Amare Stoudemire
8- Nowitzki
9- Jrmaine O´Neal
10- T-Mac

Guru of Nothing
05-27-2005, 11:17 AM
I'd take Lebron James over at least 9 of those you listed. Dwayne Wade would be on the list too.

sa_butta
05-27-2005, 11:20 AM
Maybe a little bias but I would take Ginobili somewhere in there.
Knowing what he is capable of.

stéphane
05-27-2005, 11:23 AM
I guess the 1st pick would be a dominant big man. So Duncan is on the top of the list for me.
When you have a quality big man, a skillfull quick ballhandler w/ good court vision like Nash is deadly to play pick n rolls...
after you can complement w/ shooters/slashers...
but big men are on the top of list for me.

Edit :men/man ^^

waly.mg
05-27-2005, 11:28 AM
Ok-
11- LEBRON JAMES
12- Dwane Wade
13- Manu Ginobili

waly.mg
05-27-2005, 11:30 AM
I guess the 1st pick would be a dominant big man. So Duncan is on the top of the list for me.
When you have a quality big man, a skillfull quick ballhandler w/ good court vision like Nash is deadly to play pick n rolls...
after you can complement w/ shooters/slashers...
but big men are on the top of list for me.

^^

NO, like a NBA Draft

1 Player for each Team, not all in the same

stéphane
05-27-2005, 11:33 AM
NO, like a NBA Draft

yeah i got it.
I just meant i would go for a big man if picking first, then if TD, Shaq, KG would be taken i would go for Iverson, LBJ, Nash, Wade or Manu.

waly.mg
05-27-2005, 11:33 AM
Maybe a little bias but I would take Ginobili somewhere in there.
Knowing what he is capable of.

Obviously

I´m from Argentina, and i Choice Manu first before Tim Duncan, but that´s not too impartial

ObiwanGinobili
05-27-2005, 11:38 AM
top 10
no particular order

omeka okafur
tim duncan
manu ginobili
earl boykins
steve nash
amare stodemire
ben wallace
tracy mcgrady
mike bibby
tayshaun prince

ObiwanGinobili
05-27-2005, 11:39 AM
NO, like a NBA Draft

ooops.
i did nime all for one team

stéphane
05-27-2005, 11:41 AM
"no particular order
tim duncan
earl boykins"

Boykins as valuable to a team as TD...WTF?

sa_butta
05-27-2005, 11:41 AM
top 10
no particular order

omeka okafur
tim duncan
manu ginobili
earl boykins
steve nash
amare stodemire
ben wallace
tracy mcgrady
mike bibby
tayshaun princeBoykins top 10??
how can you leave off Shaq, Kobe, Lebron?

waly.mg
05-27-2005, 11:43 AM
Boykins over Tony Parker?

waly.mg
05-27-2005, 11:45 AM
"no particular order
tim duncan
earl boykins"

Boykins as valuable to a team as TD...WTF?

Specially if you have Steve Nash in your team

JustEnough
05-27-2005, 11:54 AM
I'm going to get killed for this, but.....

1. Shaq
2. Tim Duncan
3. Nash
4. Ben Wallace
5. Amare
6. Wade
7. Manu
8. LeBron
9. Jermain o"neal
10. Horry

Reason being is this: With guys like Kobe, TMac, etc., you have to deal with them constantly wanting the ball, 24/7. They want to be the basis of the team, and when they're on the court, they will do their best to let everyone know that.

Guys like Manu, Nash, and Jermain will kind of fill in those gaps. They don't demand the ball, but when they have it, they know what to do. They can take over a game.

I put Horry in there because, if push comes to shove, I want my team still winning at the last second. :spin

sa_butta
05-27-2005, 11:56 AM
I'm going to get killed for this, but.....

1. Shaq
2. Tim Duncan
3. Nash
4. Ben Wallace
5. Amare
6. Wade
7. Manu
8. LeBron
9. Jermain o"neal
10. Ray AllenI would not say anything bad about that Ray Allen is still probably one of the best pure shooters in the league, aside from his crying he is a gamer.

AZLouis
05-27-2005, 12:11 PM
1. TD
2. Amare
3. KG
4. Nash
5. AK-47
6. Lebron James
7. Shawn Marion
8. Manu Ginobli
9. Ron Artest (even though he is a headcase)
10. Dwayne Wade

* Elton Brand, Tony Parker, Rasheed Wallace, Antawn Jamison, Kobe, AI, T-Mac, Yao,
Ray Allen, Baron Davis, Jason Richardson, Ben Wallace, Tayshaun Prince * (Can't believe I had to leave off those guys)

sa_butta
05-27-2005, 12:15 PM
1. TD
2. Amare
3. KG
4. Nash
5. AK-47
6. Lebron James
7. Shawn Marion
8. Manu Ginobli
9. Ron Artest (even though he is a headcase)
10. Dwayne Wade

* Elton Brand, Tony Parker, Rasheed Wallace, Antawn Jamison, Kobe, AI, T-Mac, Yao,
Ray Allen, Baron Davis, Jason Richardson, Ben Wallace, Tayshaun Prince * (Can't believe I had to leave off those guys)Shawn Marion not top 10 pick

AZLouis
05-27-2005, 12:20 PM
Well considering it's my opinonated selections he is.

Top 3 rebounder, all around defender, all nba 3rd team, all star, great shot blocker, versatile for his size, doesn't get into trouble, great attitude, shops at best buy, great in the community, the list goes on and on.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-27-2005, 12:35 PM
Tim
KG
Amare
Lebron
Shaq

That should be everyone's top 5.

MadDog73
05-27-2005, 12:37 PM
Call me crazy:

1. Tim Duncan
2. Kevin Garnett
3. Dwyane Wade
4. Steve Nash
5. Amare Stoudemire
6. LeBron James
7. Manu Ginobili
8. Yao Ming
9. Tracy McGrady
10. Tony Parker

MadDog73
05-27-2005, 12:39 PM
Tim
KG
Amare
Lebron
Shaq

That should be everyone's top 5.

Are people crazy about Shaq? He's damaged goods. Unless this is the draft 3 years ago, how does Shaq make the top 10, much less the top 5?

(I guess this goes back to the "Shaq is over-rated" thread)

sa_butta
05-27-2005, 12:42 PM
1.Tim
2.Shaq
3.Lebron
4.Kobe
5.T-mac
6.Amare
7.Nash
8.Iverson
9.KG
10.Manu

MadDog73
05-27-2005, 12:50 PM
Anyone putting Shaq in front of Dwyane Wade is on crack.

BronxCowboy
05-27-2005, 12:51 PM
TD, LeBron, Amare, Pierce, KG, Wade, McGrady, Nowitzki, Shaq, Dwight Howard. Not sure in what order. Could have put a lot of other guys on there too, but big men are hardest to get and the best right now are TD, KG, Shaq, Nowitzki. That's probably my top four. Amare, Lebron, Wade, and Howard, IMO, have an amazing potential. They're probably next, in that order. It was hard to leave off Chris Bosh and Okafor, but I think Howard will be better than them in the near future. He already is, defensively. The last two spots could have gone to a lot of guys, but McGrady can take over games like few other people out there today, and I picked Pierce over Kobe, Artest, and many more because not only does he often carry his team, he's a real team player. No PG's on this list, because there are none out there currently that are true pass-first ball-distributors that can get it done on both ends of the court, IMO.

MadDog73
05-27-2005, 01:04 PM
but big men are hardest to get and the best right now are TD, KG, Shaq, Nowitzki.

How can Yao not be on that list? He put up better numbers than Shaq in the Playoffs. It's just too bad the Rockets aren't in the East...

BronxCowboy
05-27-2005, 01:06 PM
How can Yao not be on that list? He put up better numbers than Shaq in the Playoffs. It's just too bad the Rockets aren't in the East...
Good point. This is harder than I thought.

picnroll
05-27-2005, 01:35 PM
They have to have at least five good years left. Great big trumps great small. Clutch player at the end of the game has added value. If they can't play teamball, are a distraction, can't be a leader don't want them.

1. Amare (he has ten years of greatness left at least)
2. LeBron (see above)
3. Dwight Howard
4. Dwayne Wade
5. Duncan (great but older in the tooth)
6. Garnett (see above)
7 TMac
8. Kirilenko
9. Livingston
10. Mayo (getting a head start)

MiNuS
05-27-2005, 01:42 PM
IN THIS EXACT ORDER:

1 Duncan
2 KG
3 Rasheed Wallace
4 Lebron
5 Amare
6 Ginobili
7 Wade
8 T-Mac
9 Kobe
10Nash

I am not too excited of putting people that score alot like Dirk,Iverson,Allen, or any of the Suns(even though x2 on list)or Sonics,or Mavs,since those are primarily score first defend second teams. The players on my list are creators,anchors,and future TRUE Hall of Famers.

Shaq,the Glove,Kidd are HOF but they are looking at the downside of their carreers.

On Amare. He is a stat creator BUT he still needs to complete his game. He has alot of upside.

Ginobili: Alot of teams are not WISHING they had offerred him more that 50mil for 6 years! Denver gave Martin almost 100mil! Ginobili KILLED them for LESS!

my 2 cents

MiNuS
05-27-2005, 01:44 PM
Yao is the tallest man on earth WITHOUT A SPINE!

Houston can THANK TMAC's EFFORT,HEART,and PURE TALENT for their SEASON.