PDA

View Full Version : Are we slowing down?

tuncaboylu
12-19-2010, 07:07 AM
We're gong still well and a win is a win.

But I'm not able to watch the games; and I saw that we're winning the last 3 games barely. Denver game was a hard one but the other ones at home and against losing teams.

Are we slowing down or everything is OK? Can the friends who're watching games answer it?

polandprzem
12-19-2010, 11:26 AM
We're gong still well and a win is a win.

But I'm not able to watch the games; and I saw that we're winning the last 3 games barely. Denver game was a hard one but the other ones at home and against losing teams.

Are we slowing down or everything is OK? Can the friends who're watching games answer it?

No worries Spurs will lose soon and then after the loss they will start to blow teams away again :)

pjjrfan
12-19-2010, 11:37 AM
It's that time of the season when the grind starts to show, and not having Hill hurt but the good thing is that Quinn and Neal did some good things. The Grizz are not a bad team even without Gay. Randolph killed us on the boards. And it wasn't just Splitter who was getting schooled, Tim, McDyess and Bonner all took turns being manhandled by Zach. My thinking is that once they get their second wind they will be alright. Right now the Spurs know who they are, the guys all know their roles, and are laying down a great foundation for the playoffs.

sananspursfan21
12-19-2010, 12:00 PM
im just happy that even on off nights when the spurs SHOULD lose, they still pull out wins. thats what championship teams do. they win ones theyre supposed to win and ones they probly shouldnt

DieHardSpursFan1537
12-19-2010, 12:01 PM
Every team wants to beat the Spurs this year with their 23-3 record, so it's not a surprise it's been close.

alchemist
12-19-2010, 01:19 PM
Spurs are making it hard on themselves, last 3 games could easily have been blow-outs but mental lapses have occurred. I'm enjoying every minute of it though, next year the lockout is coming.

Drachen
12-19-2010, 01:54 PM
That would be great if this is the Spurs "coming back down to earth". Still beating teams, just not by as much. LOL

Gutter92
12-19-2010, 02:31 PM
Of course you slowing down. Watch how despicable this team looks nest week.

Even if we lose 4 games, only then will we have the same amount of losses as the Lakers

:lmao

greyforest
12-19-2010, 02:36 PM
A big difference was Hill's injured foot in the last three games.

Dex
12-19-2010, 02:44 PM
The Spurs aren't going to keep up this torrid pace all season, otherwise they will be challenging the Bulls record. They still have to face a lot of talented teams, including a grueling upcoming stretch and the Rodeo Road Trip.

That, plus the optimistic hope that by the end of the season they'll have enough cushion to take a couple rest games, will even out the records a bit by the time all is said and done.

polandprzem
12-19-2010, 02:56 PM
The Spurs aren't going to keep up this torrid pace all season, otherwise they will be challenging the Bulls record. They still have to face a lot of talented teams, including a grueling upcoming stretch and the Rodeo Road Trip.

That, plus the optimistic hope that by the end of the season they'll have enough cushion to take a couple rest games, will even out the records a bit by the time all is said and done.

I think this was mentioned for the millionth time right now.

Everybody knows that the spurs gonna drop more games. The schedule will get nasty here and there.

There is nothing to say.

I would be surprised if the spurs gonna have over 62 wins.

60 seems about right to me, and that's still wow considering how tough is this league and Western Conference

Hooks
12-19-2010, 02:59 PM
Not really, we should've won these past few games by at least 10 points, they've been playing down to their competition and it's as simple as that.

Dex
12-19-2010, 03:02 PM
I think this was mentioned for the millionth time right now.

Everybody knows that the spurs gonna drop more games. The schedule will get nasty here and there.

There is nothing to say.

I would be surprised if the spurs gonna have over 62 wins.

60 seems about right to me, and that's still wow considering how tough is this league and Western Conference

Yep. If you had taken a poll in offseason, I don't think a single person on this board would turn down anything close to a 60-win season.

polandprzem
12-19-2010, 03:04 PM
Yup i would take 56 wins and 3d position b4 PO

spursfan1000
12-19-2010, 03:19 PM
Spurs are winning games, and making room to slack later in season and thats the bottom line. As long as we stay at a winning rate we wont have to compete for a nice playoff spot. This start is good, just incase one of the big 4 get hurt, it wont be time to panic.

Yorae
12-19-2010, 07:05 PM
Of course you slowing down. Watch how despicable this team looks nest week.

Too much drugs can blow up your spelling cokehead.

HighLowLobForBig-50
12-19-2010, 07:27 PM
well, we just played 3 games in 4 days.
first team has given us fits the entire duncan era,
second team (second night of a back-to-back last yr was almost an automatic loss) happens to be one of the most physical teams, back-to-back, altitude ect..
and the 3rd was missing its best player which creates the all too true phenomenon of "everybody else plays better"

now we have got to take on a re-tooled pheonix team , again without G Hill

so no, we are not slowing down. we are impressively ripping the NBA and its sometimes unfriendly circumstances a new asshole

ezau
12-20-2010, 12:56 AM
Fuck, I want that fucking Suns team. I hope everybody in the team stays motivated for that game.

WeNeedLength
12-20-2010, 01:32 AM
Don't question it brah, just enjoy and watch.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/tumblr_lbhigtooIm1qe0eclo1_r2_500.gif