PDA

View Full Version : looks like Hill will miss a couple of games

ace3g
12-19-2010, 01:33 PM
JMcDonald_SAEN Jeff McDonald
George Hill (toe sprain) in a boot at practice. Told he will miss games, plural, but unsure how many.

Pop says Hill expected to be out "a couple more games." "I don't think it's a long-term deal," Pop says.

Dex
12-19-2010, 01:36 PM
Quinn, your mission is simple: Keep Udoka off the court.

crc21209
12-19-2010, 01:47 PM
Well fuck, he will be missed this week. Three tough games coming up against Phoenix, Denver, and Orlando. He's another scorer/slasher that the Spurs depend on coming off the bench...not good news at all.

Crickets
12-19-2010, 01:48 PM
Let the excuses begin once the losses start mounting....

DMC
12-19-2010, 01:49 PM
I kinda thought Pop benched him after that ill advised quick three in transition the other night against either Denver or Portland, cannot recall which team.

DMC
12-19-2010, 01:50 PM
Let you begin hanging out on your forum.

Crickets: That's the sound in your team's arena since the fans are all MIA... MI

DesignatedT
12-19-2010, 01:50 PM
Quinn played solid minutes the other night. Hope George can get back soon though.

jestersmash
12-19-2010, 01:52 PM
Well fuck, he will be missed this week. Three tough games coming up against Phoenix, Denver, and Orlando. He's another scorer/slasher that the Spurs depend on coming off the bench...not good news at all.

:lol @ calling the phoenix game tough. They were a sub-.500 team before the trade this season, and now they're a sub-.500 team with no chemistry.

JustinJDW
12-19-2010, 01:59 PM
No Hill, No Anderson, no good. Bench is weak. I guess Neal and Quinn are gonna have step up and pick up the slack, and hopefully Parker can keep up the good work.

SA210
12-19-2010, 02:00 PM
Damn, we need Hill this week. Time for Quinn to step up. I have faith.

Go Spurs.

Cane
12-19-2010, 02:00 PM
Hopefully Hill heals quickly and completely.

However more touches and opportunities for Parker and Neal may not be a bad thing. Maybe with Hill out we'll see more of the 2009 Tony Parker like we did last night and Neal could use more opportunities just like Hill did when Parker/Gino was injured.

SA210
12-19-2010, 02:03 PM
Just play some D!

ace3g
12-19-2010, 02:05 PM
Spurs catch another break. Three new Suns (Carter, Gortat, Pietrus) won't be available until Dec. 23 vs. Miami. Suns shorthanded in SA Mon.

crc21209
12-19-2010, 02:08 PM
Spurs catch another break. Three new Suns (Carter, Gortat, Pietrus) won't be available until Dec. 23 vs. Miami. Suns shorthanded in SA Mon.

Well that's good news, although the Spurs typically struggle against short-handed teams. That is weird though, why wont they be available until then?

Cane
12-19-2010, 02:08 PM
I suppose that means the Spurs will get the first game against the new-look Magic on the 23rd?

Thanks for the news ace3g. Hilarious avatar as well!

SA210
12-19-2010, 02:12 PM
I want to win out at least the rest of the games in December. Gonna be tough. I can't wait till that Lakers game.

Spurs Brazil
12-19-2010, 03:15 PM
I hope Hill is back for the Magic game

Quinn did a good job yesterday. Play him with Manu and we'll be fine

spursfan1000
12-19-2010, 03:17 PM
Don't rush him back, last thing we want is for him to re-injure himself harder and be out for months.

duncan228
12-19-2010, 03:28 PM
Just the quotes, hit the link for the whole piece.

...“He was trying to be a hero,” Popovich said. “Finally, we stopped believing him. He’s on a little medication and in the boot and trying to stay off of it and see if the inflammation can be reduced. If that happens we’ll be O.K.”

...“I don’t this is a long-term thing like James Anderson, but we’re going to make sure that it doesn’t hurt him for later in the year,” Popovich said.

...“George being out is an unfortunate situation,” Neal said. “It’s a big part of our success. But at the same time, it gives an opportunity to guys like me and Chris get more minutes, extended minutes.”

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2010/12/19/hill-will-miss-a-few-games-with-sprained-toe/

angelbelow
12-19-2010, 04:00 PM
Is this why he struggled the past few games? Hope he gets healthy soon, Quinn's not going to be able to sustain his awesome contribution from last night for long. I just hope they don't try Ime at the PG. I remember in 08 he was "practicing" the PG position in practice..

TE
12-19-2010, 04:41 PM
Is this why he struggled the past few games? Hope he gets healthy soon, Quinn's not going to be able to sustain his awesome contribution from last night for long. I just hope they don't try Ime at the PG. I remember in 08 he was "practicing" the PG position in practice..

That's a god-awful scenario I am pretending to play in my head.

DieHardSpursFan1537
12-19-2010, 04:43 PM
Ok Quinn. It's time to rise up while Hill is gone.

Bruno
12-19-2010, 04:48 PM
Quinn is 27 years old and has played 3000 minutes in the NBA. He has some experience and isn't a washed up vet. He should be able to hold the fort until Hill return. Saying that, without Hill and Anderson, Spurs will lack of some firepower from the bench.

jjktkk
12-19-2010, 04:52 PM

I think Quinn will suprise you. Although not near the player Hill is, Quinn is smart, and will not try to do more than hes capable of.

DMC
12-19-2010, 05:26 PM
What really sucks about this team is that injuries are required to get anyone else minutes. It's great if Quinn turns out to be solid, but at the cost of Hill, no thanks. Too bad you can only play so many people at a time.

DocDoc
12-19-2010, 05:42 PM

yeah,
we could get to 5 or 6 losses by end of year...

i will take it.

Doc

angelbelow
12-19-2010, 06:37 PM
I think Quinn will suprise you. Although not near the player Hill is, Quinn is smart, and will not try to do more than hes capable of.

I hope so, I didnt know he was only 27. I assumed he was washed up by now, he did a good job in Miami few years ago, hopefully he fills the gap while Hill gets healthy.

jjktkk
12-19-2010, 07:06 PM
I hope so, I didnt know he was only 27. I assumed he was washed up by now, he did a good job in Miami few years ago, hopefully he fills the gap while Hill gets healthy.

Quinn's a pretty solid backup pg IMO. Can hit the jumper and run the offense. Nothing flashy, just a solid player.

Death In June
12-19-2010, 07:24 PM
Damn. Shouldn't have chosen phx as the spurs game to go to. No hill and a short handed phx team. Hope it's still exciting.

Cessation
12-19-2010, 07:39 PM
Quin is solid, doesn't turn it over, plays adequate d, and shoots career 40% from three. Considering we'll be facing a suns team without their new players, and soon we'll be playing magic, and washington, that just added theirs. We might get lucky during this stretch without hill.

BackHome
12-19-2010, 10:34 PM
Whats up with our D-League we don't have anyone at all to bring in for Hill or Udoka?

jjktkk
12-19-2010, 10:51 PM
Whats up with our D-League we don't have anyone at all to bring in for Hill or Udoka?

I'd check with ChumpDumper, but I don't think any Toro, right now, is worthy of a call up.

UnWantedTheory
12-19-2010, 11:41 PM
Quin is solid, doesn't turn it over, plays adequate d, and shoots career 40% from three. Considering we'll be facing a suns team without their new players, and soon we'll be playing magic, and washington, that just added theirs. We might get lucky during this stretch without hill.

crc21209
12-20-2010, 12:21 AM
:lol @ calling the phoenix game tough. They were a sub-.500 team before the trade this season, and now they're a sub-.500 team with no chemistry.

:lol At you thinking the Phoenix game WON'T be tough. They took down OKC tonight in OKC short-handed and they always seem to get up to play the Spurs...no matter who the players on both teams are...

ChumpDumper
12-20-2010, 12:29 AM

I'd check with ChumpDumper, but I don't think any Toro, right now, is worthy of a call up.All the swingmen on the Toros are pretty streaky these days. The ones with any potential upside are at least a season away from being considered for anything NBA related. There are a few others around the league that could merit a call up if they get rid of Udoka.

If Quinn wasn't on the team, they could have considered Squeaky Johnson as another point guard who doesn't make many mistakes, but they're fine as it is.

duncan228
12-20-2010, 01:50 AM
...“You never wish anything bad to happen, especially to someone so important to our team as George,” Quinn said, “but it opens up an opportunity for me and a chance for me to help our team keep getting some wins.”

Popovich is confident in Quinn’s ability to get the team through Hill’s absence.

“If you’ve been in Miami for a few years, you’ve learned something,” he said. “You’ve got the toughness, and you’re disciplined enough, you know how to play, because they run a good program.

“So to have him there to run the show for us if we need it and make a shot is important. He did a real good job last night.”

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2010/12/20/sprained-toe-sidelines-hill-for-a-few-games/

xellos88330
12-20-2010, 03:17 AM
Sprained toes fuckin hurt like a son of a bitch.

mavs>spurs
12-20-2010, 03:29 AM
Phoenix & Orlando just got done a big trade and it takes time for the new comers to get fully adapted, so I don't have too much concern for these two games. the game vs. denver will be a tough one but i'd still put my money on Spurs. Jefferson has been playing good defense these days so i'm confident he will do a good job handling melo

angelbelow
12-20-2010, 09:09 PM
Quinn's a pretty solid backup pg IMO. Can hit the jumper and run the offense. Nothing flashy, just a solid player.

Looking good once again :toast