He just grimaced running back

LakaFan
12-19-2010, 03:23 PM
How long till he gets hurt again?

Right after Manu

spursfan1000
12-19-2010, 03:24 PM
Right after Manu

Manu hasnt been hurt this season. Try again.

LakaFan
12-19-2010, 03:31 PM
Manu hasnt been hurt this season. Try again.
Bynum already got his injury out the way. Spurs are fucked from here on out.

JR21
12-19-2010, 03:31 PM
Good news for yall because we don't want any excuses. Yal havent seen the Spurs team that you used to battle it out with it in a while. Lets get this show on the road and may the best team win. :toast

LakaFan
12-19-2010, 03:34 PM
Good news for yall because we don't want any excuses. Yal havent seen the Spurs team that you used to battle it out with it in a while. Lets get this show on the road and may the best team win. :toast

That Spurs team is K.I.A. This one is the new Phoenix Suns all offense, no defense.

spursfan1000
12-19-2010, 03:37 PM

For this year, 2011 is on the herizon.

LakaFan
12-19-2010, 03:39 PM
For this year, 2011 is on the herizon.

He's been on vaca for a while now he'll be fine. It still looms for the Spurs and Manu playing high minutes its likely him.

JR21
12-19-2010, 03:40 PM
That Spurs team is K.I.A. This one is the new Phoenix Suns all offense, no defense.
yeah yeah yeah :blah

december 28th isn't too far away...

LakaFan
12-19-2010, 03:41 PM

Its the date reality is scheduled to meet up with the Spurs and welcome them back.

TheManFromAcme
12-19-2010, 03:49 PM

And?

Spurs always steal 1 or 2 a year. 12/28 will determine absolutely nothing for either team.

Start again...

WeNeedLength
12-19-2010, 03:50 PM
Beasting on the god awful front line of the Raptors? Seems about right. Let's see him beast on the Celtics. Shaq will check him.

Edit: Bargnani didn't even play so who the hell was guarding the Laker's center? Funny shit this thread is. :lmao

JR21
12-19-2010, 03:50 PM
yes sir it is... were going for the ring once again.

LakaFan
12-19-2010, 03:52 PM
yes sir it is... were going for the ring once again.
Spurs have been going for the ring and continue to fail. Expect similar results.

JR21
12-19-2010, 03:53 PM
Spurs have been going for the ring and continue to fail. Expect similar results.
sure thing... :lol

LakaFan
12-19-2010, 03:54 PM
Beasting on the god awful front line of the Raptors? Seems about right. Let's see him beast on the Celtics. Shaq will check him.

Edit: Bargnani didn't even play so who the hell was guarding the Laker's center? Funny shit this thread is. :lmao

Shaq is to old to handle the youngster. Problem who on the Spurs guards him? Blair? Bonner? :lmao

WeNeedLength
12-19-2010, 03:55 PM

Please elaborate. :lol

WeNeedLength
12-19-2010, 03:56 PM
Shaq is to old to handle the youngster. Problem who on the Spurs guards him? Blair? Bonner? :lmao

His knee will be struck by lightening or some shit again so Spurs don't need to worry about your made-of-glass scrub.

LakaFan
12-19-2010, 03:57 PM
Please elaborate. :lol

First round knock out or second round sweep, either one both ending in fail.

WeNeedLength
12-19-2010, 04:00 PM

Ok good. Just making sure you are actually a dumbass instead of thinking it. Thanks for clarifying. :toast

it's me

:lmao:owned

JR21
And?

Spurs always steal 1 or 2 a year. 12/28 will determine absolutely nothing for either team.

Start again...
Lol yes we do split our meetings usually... and how it means nothing??? This is a matchup many want to see in the NBA. If it's how you Laker fans believe it is and our "make believe record" is just a mirage then it should mean alot. It should wake up all of us Spurs fans and bring us down to reality...

Or will it slap yal accross the face, and make you realize that we DO have the best record in the league? Maybe you Laker fans are the ones in need of a reality check. :flag:

LakaFan
12-19-2010, 04:04 PM
Ok good. Just making sure you are actually a dumbass instead of thinking it. Thanks for clarifying. :toast
You think the Spurs actually have a shot at winning a championship, when the last two years have 2nd round sweep and 1st foddler. I'm the dumbass? :lmao

JR21
12-19-2010, 04:05 PM
:nope Lets not forget the post Shaq, Pre Gasol Era... :sleep

LakaFan
12-19-2010, 04:07 PM
:nope Lets not forget the post Shaq, Pre Gasol Era... :sleep
How about the last three straight trips to the finals? :sleep

TheManFromAcme
12-19-2010, 04:07 PM
Lol yes we do split our meetings usually... and how it means nothing??? This is a matchup many want to see in the NBA. If it's how you Laker fans believe it is and our "make believe record" is just a mirage then it should mean alot. It should wake up all of us Spurs fans and bring us down to reality...

Or will it slap yal accross the face, and make you realize that we DO have the best record in the league? Maybe you Laker fans are the ones in need of a reality check. :flag:

Nobody is saying otherwise. I and many more prop the Spurs and it's good to see them back in contention. They are back in form and I salute them. You'll never find a bigger Manu fan than me. :toast

My only point is that 12/28 is meaningless. No need to pitch a tent over that game either way. Lets talk March of '11 then we will get a clearer snapshot of where both our teams really stand.

Look back the last 2 years. The Spurs always tend to muster up a good win or two and actually beat the crap out of us. What happens eventually?

See my point?

WeNeedLength
12-19-2010, 04:08 PM
You think the Spurs actually have a shot at winning a championship, when the last two years have 2nd round sweep and 1st foddler. I'm the dumbass? :lmao

Hmm. Let's see. Jefferson is 10x the player he was last year. We no longer have shitty Keith Bogans nor Roger Mason. Tim Duncan is playing an all time low in minutes because he CAN and this team still wins. Weird. This team and the past couple years' teams are different. So everything you basically say, basing past performance with future ones, is complete bullshit. Proceed troll... :hat

JR21
12-19-2010, 04:10 PM
:clap

Fpoonsie
12-19-2010, 04:12 PM
Jesus Christ. The guy that just made THIS thread (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168605) is still managing to elicit responses from GNSF.

21_Blessings
12-19-2010, 04:12 PM
:bking :bking :bking :bking :bking :bking :bking :bking :bking :bking :bking :bking

j.dizzle
12-19-2010, 04:13 PM
Im actually more impressed with his defense so far.Ive noticed a shitload of times since hes came back that guards dribble into the paint then go back out to the perimeter when they see him hahaha. Once he gets his conditioning & hops back it'll be pretty easy for him to grab O boards & score more frequently. But what have the Lakers been lacking the last few seasons? A real bench..damn barnes, brown & blake fit together so well..Matt is beasting these days. Bench put up damn near 60 pts today & outscored the starters.

JR21
12-19-2010, 04:15 PM
So what's up with yal Laker fans anyway... New to this forum stuff but why are ya'l posting over here on our website? Are these the rejects from the Laker forums or something???

j.dizzle
12-19-2010, 04:17 PM
So what's up with yal Laker fans anyway... New to this forum stuff but why are ya'l posting over here on our website? Are these the rejects from the Laker forums or something???
Yea you definitely new. This has been the Lakerstalk section for a while cuz:lol

21_Blessings
12-19-2010, 04:18 PM
could have easily had 30 if he was fed properly

NB:lol

JR21
12-19-2010, 04:24 PM
Yea you definitely new. This has been the Lakerstalk section for a while cuz:lol
So why do yal choose to post in a Spurs Forum??? Im sure there are plent of Lakers Forums out there...

LakaFan
12-19-2010, 04:29 PM
Hmm. Let's see. Jefferson is 10x the player he was last year. We no longer have shitty Keith Bogans nor Roger Mason. Tim Duncan is playing an all time low in minutes because he CAN and this team still wins. Weird. This team and the past couple years' teams are different. So everything you basically say, basing past performance with future ones, is complete bullshit. Proceed troll... :hat

Still doesn't solve how you handle the Lakers size. Same core = same recipe for failure

WeNeedLength
12-19-2010, 05:36 PM
Jesus Christ. The guy that just made THIS thread (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168605) is still managing to elicit responses from GNSF.

So I shouldn't respond to retards? Ok. This bump isn't going to help though. :lol

lefty
12-19-2010, 06:29 PM
Bynum beasting on the shorthanded Raptors frontline

Impressive :lmao

Rummpd
12-19-2010, 06:44 PM
Bynum, who granted played well, is quoted as saying his knee is sore already:

Bynum had seven rebounds in 17:39, his longest outing so far, but said afterward that his knee was "a little sore."

"I kind of felt it [in the fourth quarter] when I did a double jump," he said. "I missed a layup and got back up on the rebound. It'll be all right, there's no swelling. I'll just ice it all the way home, it should be good."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=301219028

Caution to LAL a knee does not have to swell to have lingering issues.

Koolaid_Man
12-19-2010, 08:06 PM
So why do yal choose to post in a Spurs Forum??? Im sure there are plent of Lakers Forums out there...

cuz we like talking shit biyaaatch...and since we on top of the fucking world it's appropriate...I don't like talking with people that agree with me 90% of the time...I like rubbing the titles in my opponents faces...when Kobe didn't have no fucking help you faggots was all over him...now I'm gonna make you eat my shit....:toast

Lakers 2011 and 2012 (end of the world champs) :toast

Frenzy
12-19-2010, 08:32 PM
Lol trynum

Darthkiller
12-19-2010, 08:38 PM
lmao barely beating the raptors without bargnani

lefty
12-19-2010, 08:57 PM

And Reggie Evans, the league leading rebounder

Jelloisjigglin
12-19-2010, 08:57 PM

lol Perfect strangers.

LkrFan
12-19-2010, 10:59 PM

LkrFan's random thoughts and stats for your viewing pleasure:

Your starting center is 6'4" - I wouldn't be laughing just yet lefty. If y'all put TD on him, Pau will go off for 35 or more. Don't forget about LO who is beasting as well. Pau/LO/Bynum >>>> TD/Bonny/Blair :toast
You guys like to score (106.3ppg), we like to score (105.9 ppg)
You guys give up 97.2 ppg - we give up 97.4 ppg
You guys give up 45.7% - Pop must be thrilled :wow. We give up 43.3% - good for 3rd behind only Miami and Indiana.
We give up 33% in 3pt % to our opponents (7th in the league) - Sp*rs give up a league worst 41%. The Sp*rs shoot a league best 41% from 3. I expect us to run Bonny and Beak off that 3pt line into the land of the giants where we protect the paint really well.

The biggest difference for me is points in the paint. The Lakers are a +9.6 Diff eff - good for 3rd behind only Orlando and Boston. The Sp*rs are only +3.4 - good for 9th in the league - despite their gaudy 22-3* record. The Lakers stand to improved now that we have our starting center back. If we win the paint against the Sp*rs and protect the 3pt stripe we win. Probably big too. As I pointed out above we only give up 33% from 3pt land - a big weapon for you guys. Something has to give. Don't expect Bonny to be as wide open as he normally is because either Pau or LO can check TD without a double team.

*Cheated the last two games. Should be 20-5. :lol

LkrFan
12-19-2010, 10:59 PM
And Reggie Evans, the league leading rebounder
Uh - Kevin Love leads the league. Try again.

LkrFan
12-19-2010, 11:00 PM
You're feeling yourself because you beat a shitty Hornets team at home? :lol

lefty
12-20-2010, 01:42 AM
Uh - Kevin Love leads the league. Try again.

Reggie was leading before his injury

WeNeedLength
12-20-2010, 01:45 AM
You're feeling yourself because you beat a shitty Hornets team at home? :lol

You're feeling yourself because you beat a shitty Raptors team without their best player? :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

hitmanyr2k
12-20-2010, 02:11 AM
LkrFan's random thoughts and stats for your viewing pleasure:

Your starting center is 6'4" - I wouldn't be laughing just yet lefty. If y'all put TD on him, Pau will go off for 35 or more. Don't forget about LO who is beasting as well. Pau/LO/Bynum >>>> TD/Bonny/Blair :toast
You guys like to score (106.3ppg), we like to score (105.9 ppg)
You guys give up 97.2 ppg - we give up 97.4 ppg
You guys give up 45.7% - Pop must be thrilled :wow. We give up 43.3% - good for 3rd behind only Miami and Indiana.
We give up 33% in 3pt % to our opponents (7th in the league) - Sp*rs give up a league worst 41%. The Sp*rs shoot a league best 41% from 3. I expect us to run Bonny and Beak off that 3pt line into the land of the giants where we protect the paint really well.

The biggest difference for me is points in the paint. The Lakers are a +9.6 Diff eff - good for 3rd behind only Orlando and Boston. The Sp*rs are only +3.4 - good for 9th in the league - despite their gaudy 22-3* record. The Lakers stand to improved now that we have our starting center back. If we win the paint against the Sp*rs and protect the 3pt stripe we win. Probably big too. As I pointed out above we only give up 33% from 3pt land - a big weapon for you guys. Something has to give. Don't expect Bonny to be as wide open as he normally is because either Pau or LO can check TD without a double team.

*Cheated the last two games. Should be 20-5. :lol

One random thought you're leaving out while spouting all of these stats...the quality of teams the Spurs and Lakers have faced thus far. The Lakers have barely played any good teams whatsoever. And on that rare occassion when they've actually played a good team they've lost more often than not. They've simply gotten fat on a cupcake schedule. Even this latest road trip they only played only one quality team (the Bulls) and surprise, surprise...they lost.

LkrFan
12-20-2010, 02:29 AM
One random thought you're leaving out while spouting all of these stats...the quality of teams the Spurs and Lakers have faced thus far. The Lakers have barely played any good teams whatsoever. And on that rare occassion when they've actually played a good team they've lost more often than not. They've simply gotten fat on a cupcake schedule. Even this latest road trip they only played only one quality team (the Bulls) and surprise, surprise...they lost.
Hitman - y'all beat us by 4 points in your building. I can't explain that one because we were handling the Bulls at will by over 15 points in the beginning. Maybe PJ was throwing you guys a bone? Anyway, your point is well taken. My question is, do you think barring any major injuries to either Kobe, Pau, LO, or Bynum that the Lakers are NOT coming out of the WC? I believe we will come out with or without Bynum, tbh. Minus the 3 games that Bynum has been back, the stats I put out there was with the Lakers at <100% (no Bynum). Impressive if you ask me - no matter the competition - considering our PF was forced to play center. Take away anybodies starting center and tell me they can put up the stats we did and I'll be impressed. For example, take away TD and the Sp*rs are a lottery team. Take away Bynum, we still come out of the WC.

LkrFan
12-20-2010, 02:32 AM
You're feeling yourself because you beat a shitty Raptors team without their best player? :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmaoYou can't be serious.

hitmanyr2k
12-20-2010, 02:54 AM
Hitman - y'all beat us by 4 points in your building. I can't explain that one because we were handling the Bulls at will by over 15 points in the beginning. Maybe PJ was throwing you guys a bone?

Nah, it seems every team handles the Bulls in the first quarter for some reason. Then the Bulls come back and either win or at least make a good game of it. It's been a reoccuring theme all season long.

Anyway, your point is well taken. My question is, do you think barring any major injuries to either Kobe, Pau, LO, or Bynum that the Lakers are NOT coming out of the WC? I believe we will come out with or without Bynum, tbh. Minus the 3 games that Bynum has been back, the stats I put out there was with the Lakers at <100% (no Bynum). Impressive if you ask me - no matter the competition - considering our PF was forced to play center. Take away anybodies starting center and tell me they can put up the stats we did and I'll be impressed. For example, take away TD and the Sp*rs are a lottery team. Take away Bynum, we still come out of the WC.

The West are full of pretenders....similar to last year. The only team that can stop LA from coming out of the West are the Spurs and that's a stretch considering the lack of development Splitter is getting. The Spurs desperately need that kid's length in the paint but you wouldn't know it the way he's being played. Bonner and Blair aren't gonna get it done in the paint. We all know Bonner isn't gonna show up for the playoffs. McDyess would have to play the series of his life and Duncan is suddenly going to be asked to play 35-40 minutes a game in the playoffs after playing 30 minutes a night in the regular season. Spurs fans think his legs are being saved for the playoffs but in reality his conditioning is gonna be crap. It's like being conditioned to run a 3 mile race all year long and then suddenly being asked to run 2 extra miles and keep the same pace. Not gonna happen...not at Duncan's age. He's not gonna be ready for the extra minutes and by the time the WCF roll around (if they're still playing) he's gonna be gassed and having to deal with Bynum and Gasol by himself basically (if Bonner and Blair are still getting big minutes).

The rest of the teams in the west are pretenders. They all have the same problem as last year...midget frontlines with no one to match up with LA's length. If Bynum goes down or isn't 100% LA is vulnerable to the Spurs and possibly the Mavs. If he's around and healthy LA will most likely come out of the West.

LkrFan
12-20-2010, 03:03 AM
Hitman - Solid take - agreed 100%. I actually got respect for the Sp*rs, Mavs and believe it or not the Jazz (the rest of the WC teams are just cashing paychecks). Their fan bases on ST just like to come out to talk shit (rightfully so). And of course I am a Laker fan that believes in our squad. The Lakers have paid their dues throughout the years and are in a win-now 3-4 year championship window. Even when Kobe plays shitty we still have a chance to win because his supporting cast's collective sacks have descended.

For the Bulls, I hope that Noah is aight and returns soon. I got y'all at least making the ECF. Boozer will be key. His lowpost game, rebounding, passing out of the post ability will take you guys to another level. The only team I could see beating you guys are the Celtics because Boozer is too short to deal with KG - which causes all kinds of havoc for the rest of the Bulls. You guys are on the right track though. If Thibbs could reign him in, JR Smith would be a huge addition - if the rumored trade goes through.

Crickets
12-20-2010, 06:07 AM
spurts are posers

Leetonidas
12-20-2010, 08:17 AM

Yep, he got the beginning of the season injury out of the way. Now we're just waiting on the season ending injury after the ASG per usual.

Leetonidas
12-20-2010, 08:18 AM
spurts are posers

Riveting good basketball discussion chap!