PDA

View Full Version : Tron

Soul_Patch
12-20-2010, 10:27 AM
So, we had a baby sitter friday night. We went to my work party over at La Cantera Westin and took advantage of the great food and free drinks (first mistake) then went over to the Paladium IMAX at 9:50 to check this movie out.

We lasted about 45 minutes, and walked out. Talk about an absolutely terrible movie. The beginning was so excruciatingly slow... Even the first disc and lightbike fights were sort of lack luster. It didn't help they had the heater kicked up to about 90 in there, and my recent massive consumption of alcohol was starting to make me very parched and uncomfortable.

Waste of 30 bucks, but i guess all the free booze and food before hand made up for it and then some.

I would save my money if i were you. Let the good memories of the first Tron live on, it wasnt as good as you remember it...lol...

4>0rings
12-20-2010, 02:50 PM
Exact opposite. I loved it. It did get slow in the middle, they could of stretched out the games a little more to have more action through out the movie.

Don't bother seeing it in 3D though, I thought this type of movie would take advantage of that. Half the movie was in 2D, and the 3D they used, it wasn't for objects that were coming out of the screen.

The score in this movie helped make this movie, is was that good. Props to Daft Punk's for that!

Also there will be 15 more Trons made, gotta milk the franchise.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-20-2010, 02:59 PM
I saw it too and thought it was good. It wasn't "the best movie of 2010 Inception" good <chuckle><chuckle><tisk><tisk> but it was pretty entertaining even though I didn't fully remember the original. This was my first 3D(IMAX) experience of the new wave of 3D stuff and I was pretty impressed. The glasses weren't all that comfortable and wasn't really fond of the forehead grease all over mine.

Soul_Patch
12-20-2010, 03:07 PM
Yea, that was another thing (i forgot about).

most of the movie wasn't even in 3D which was the most appealing thing to me about seeing the movie.

HighLowLobForBig-50
12-20-2010, 03:29 PM
real life tron light cycle vv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivPheV77JcU

crc21209
12-20-2010, 03:35 PM
Never was really into "Tron," so ehh...

ALVAREZ6
12-20-2010, 03:38 PM
:lmao @ any adult deciding to go watch Tron...

Viva Las Espuelas
12-20-2010, 06:40 PM
It must suck to be a serious adult all the time. "Lighten up. Don't tighten up."

benefactor
12-20-2010, 06:49 PM
A friend of mine said like 30% of the movie is actually 3D...which is why I won't shell out anymore cash for 3D films. Avatar is the only 3D movie I've ever seen where the visuals were actually worth the money.

IronMaxipad
12-20-2010, 06:57 PM

Many fans of the first film are Adults now..

BlairForceDejuan
12-20-2010, 08:29 PM
Sadly, I believe they are making the Hobbit in 3d.

Soul_Patch
12-21-2010, 10:34 AM
A friend of mine said like 30% of the movie is actually 3D...which is why I won't shell out anymore cash for 3D films. Avatar is the only 3D movie I've ever seen where the visuals were actually worth the money.

Yea, complete waste....that is what was so bad in my opinion. It was hyped up as this big 3D IMAX Experience...it didnt even come close to that.

Took my son to see how to tame your dragon in 3d, and that was 1000x better.

lefty
12-21-2010, 01:14 PM
So, we had a baby sitter friday night. We went to my work party over at La Cantera Westin and took advantage of the great food and free drinks (first mistake) then went over to the Paladium IMAX at 9:50 to check this movie out.

We lasted about 45 minutes, and walked out. Talk about an absolutely terrible movie. The beginning was so excruciatingly slow... Even the first disc and lightbike fights were sort of lack luster. It didn't help they had the heater kicked up to about 90 in there, and my recent massive consumption of alcohol was starting to make me very parched and uncomfortable.

Waste of 30 bucks, but i guess all the free booze and food before hand made up for it and then some.

I would save my money if i were you. Let the good memories of the first Tron live on, it wasnt as good as you remember it...lol...

You went out to go watch Tron ?

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Soul_Patch
12-21-2010, 04:06 PM
Uh...not really. Went out to my company Christmas Party. Went to the movie afterward.

havent mastered the reading comprehension yet? It's ok, it takes time. I think you should get it by 1st grade.

lefty
12-21-2010, 04:24 PM
Uh...not really. Went out to my company Christmas Party. Went to the movie afterward.

havent mastered the reading comprehension yet? It's ok, it takes time. I think you should get it by 1st grade.
Whatever

You watched Tron :lmao

Jason R
12-21-2010, 05:41 PM
Was a good movie. Soundtrack in combination with the visuals created a pretty great experience.

Soul_Patch
12-21-2010, 11:09 PM
Was a good movie. Soundtrack in combination with the visuals created a pretty great experience.

I do have to say the soundtrack was pretty good. I just was expecting more from the 3D i guess.

rr2418
12-22-2010, 12:07 AM
I do have to say the soundtrack was pretty good. I just was expecting more from the 3D i guess.

Do they play the theme song from the first Tron?

Viva Las Espuelas
12-22-2010, 12:10 AM
soundtrack was rockin'.

fraga
12-23-2010, 07:18 PM
Took my 8 year old to see it...that's a pretty fuckin bad ass movie...visually it's amazing...soundtrack was on point with everything...yes there were a few slow parts...but that's because its' a movie and it tried to inject some emotion and depth...for people who say they didn't like it because it was boring...you must have ADD or something...

InRareForm
12-23-2010, 09:54 PM
Tron was weak sauce. I want my 13 bucks back.

MannyIsGod
03-19-2011, 05:21 PM
The first hour of this movie was gold. Then it becomes too dependent on its horrible plot and falls flat but picks itself back up to crawl across the finish line.

The soundtrack was absolutely amazing. The way it filled out my home theater made the movie way more enjoyable than it would have been otherwise. I also thought the visuals were quite good.

I think its a good one to watch because of the sensory aspects of it. As I said the sound was amazing and the visuals deliver too but the plot was really really weak. Its nice to enjoy a movie this much even when it has a crappy plot though!

DPG21920
03-19-2011, 06:23 PM
Is it already out on DVD?

tlongII
03-19-2011, 06:25 PM
The original was absolutely horrible. I can't imagine this remake being much better.

MannyIsGod
03-19-2011, 06:34 PM
Is it already out on DVD?

Not in stores.

dbreiden83080
03-19-2011, 08:38 PM
Loved it

Great visuals, good action, great music and Olivia Wilde

Can't go wrong there..