PDA

View Full Version : an open letter to Tim Duncan

mookie2001
05-27-2005, 01:48 PM
Dear Mr. Duncan
Keep shooting, shoot like no other, toss em up, chunk em up, be a ballhog. If by some tragedy the Spurs don't win it all this year, it can't be because you didn't take enough shots. Theres is nothing more hurtful than looking at the boxscore from a game San Antonio lost and seeing your shot attempts at 9 or 8. This is your playoffs to win and lose, if we do lose, it should be on the back of Duncan, not with you curiously absent.

Best regards
Mookie

FromWayDowntown
05-27-2005, 01:53 PM
Odd take. Timmy's only averaging 29 ppg (on 20 FGA/gm) and 11.5 rpg in this series, playing on two bum wheels and without any lift in his shot. I don't really understand why we're expressly such grim concern about whether Tim will take on the leadership mantle. Remember Game 4 in Seattle? Anyone? Anyone?

The rumors of Tim Duncan's demise have, I think, been greatly exaggerated in the tidal wave of well-deserved Manu praise.

Ishta
05-27-2005, 01:54 PM
Tim will show up at game 3 and do what he does best....Play the Timmy Duncan way, so don't worry..

myhc
05-27-2005, 01:58 PM
My open statement to Mr. Duncan: Play well or be traded!

FromWayDowntown
05-27-2005, 01:58 PM
Tim will show up at game 3 and do what he does best....Play the Timmy Duncan way, so don't worry..

Has Timmy not shown up in Games 1 and 2? I mean, I realize he had a bad first half in each game, but he's been dominant in 4th quarters, when the Spurs have needed him to be, and his stats don't lie.

I'm befuddled by all of this concern about whether Tim Duncan will be any good -- or the charitable statements aimed at reassuring people that he will be good -- over the weekend. Timmy is Timmy. This team goes only where Timmy takes them.

Ishta
05-27-2005, 02:02 PM
Has Timmy not shown up in Games 1 and 2? I mean, I realize he had a bad first half in each game, but he's been dominant in 4th quarters, when the Spurs have needed him to be, and his stats don't lie.

I'm befuddled by all of this concern about whether Tim Duncan will be any good -- or the charitable statements aimed at reassuring people that he will be good -- over the weekend. Timmy is Timmy. This team goes only where Timmy takes them.
I agree he HAS shown up for each game..I don't get this concern either

Timoha
05-27-2005, 02:08 PM
Timmy usually turns his game another notch in the second half, when games are usually won. This team truely goes nowhere without Tim. I think that Manu has taken the steps of becoming the second star of this team (Like Kobe in the Lakers), but the Spurs really cannot get it done without Tim on the floor.

T Park
05-27-2005, 03:19 PM
Dont worry about Tim Duncan.

WOrry about guys like Brent Barry, Tony Parker, and Nazr MOhammed.

Duncan, Ginobili, Horry

they will BRING IT gauranteed.

spurster
05-27-2005, 03:21 PM
It's better to be cold the 1st half and hot the 2nd half then the other way around.

MiNuS
05-27-2005, 03:23 PM
another notch

http://www.anderskrusberg.com/images/entertainment/productionstills/emeril.jpg

Sense
05-27-2005, 03:28 PM
Duncan will always bring it in the playoffs...isn't this obvious?

the only thing that will stop him from pulling out a Tim Duncan performance will be injuries.

So far thank god he's been elite. No one has been able to stop him and I doubt anyone will.

And yes, the playoffs are also about the role players, we just gotta hope they dont pull out a hedo or an horry from last year.

which they havent so far because we are so close from going to the finals.

ObiwanGinobili
05-27-2005, 03:47 PM
I don't have any probelm with how Tim has played so far. I think he'll be a bigger factor in the next 2 games after having gotton some much needed rest for his 2 ankles.
Tim's doing just fine, and he's not the only guy in htis team. If anyone knows the team concept it's Tim. So if they lose it;s carried on everyone's shoulders same as when they win.

spurschick
05-27-2005, 04:03 PM
My open statement to Mr. Duncan: Play well or be traded!

Dude, put the crack pipe down and walk away.

mookie2001
05-27-2005, 04:17 PM
i didnt mean he wont bring it, if he totally takes over barry and parker dont need to do shit
id rather depend on tim than scrubs

myhc
05-27-2005, 05:01 PM
Dude, put the crack pipe down and walk away.

:lol Nah, I was just joking. I guess you didn't read the thread a week ago that wanted Duncan traded because he was getting old and wasn't showing up for big games.

JustSpurs
05-27-2005, 05:12 PM
Timmy will be fine on Saturday. Does anyone know if Robinson will be back for game 3? Sorry if this has already been asked and answered in another forum.